[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the solicits for this say that DC's China is trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: CaptainCommie.jpg (368 KB, 900x1358) Image search: [Google]
CaptainCommie.jpg
368 KB, 900x1358
So the solicits for this say that DC's China is trying to make it's own Justice League. I'm guessing the guy on the right will be their Batman.
>>
But China already has The Great 10, don't they? I know that they some ancient Chinese baby machine woman that shits out supers that only live for like three weeks or something but I am pretty sure the characters that showed up in the last issue of Batman/Superman have shown multiple times already during the nu52
>>
>>82517260
Yes, Iron General or whatever his name is survived the entire run of JLI in New 52. They talk about the baby machine in the current Batman/Superman, it's not very clear - only that the woman on the far bottom left stole Clark's solar flares and "somehow" converted that into a live person with Kryptonian powers.
>>
>>82517041
>China tries to create their own Communist Superman, but the guy who gets powers is an individualistic blowhard

Delish.
>>
>>82517041
>China
>Justice
These guys would be shut down by the government day one.
>>
>>82517260
Unpopular opinion

DC would be better if they stopped playing with the toys Morrison gives them. Not all of them, his universe concepts are great, but take it easy on characters and teams he introduces
>>
>>82517488
You're right, that is an unpopular opinion because it's a bad one. I'm still rumproasted that nearly all the Batman Inc characters were immediately shelved.
>>
>>82517488
All the concepts he introduces are forgotten the moment he finishes working on it. Most in universe influential thing he wrote was Damian, Spyral stuff and creation of his JLA. WTF are you on about?
>>
>>82517604
I'm saying forget about the Great 10

Just put it away in the toychest
>>
>>82517627
>take it easy on characters and teams he introduces
They literally do this.
>>
>>82517627
Uh Great Ten was introduced in 52 which is by Geoff Johns.
>>
>>82517627
Great Ten has some good stuff in it, but some of it needs to be revamped in order to work. Immortal Man in Darkness doesn't belong in a superhero book, Mother of Champions is supporting cast material, Seven Deadly Brothers backstory makes no sense, and Accomplished Perfect Physician has a pretty lackluster presentation.
>>
>>82517041
They're using the Great Ten in this
>>
>>82517041
But... DC's china ALREADY has a national super team?
>>
>>82517328
Thats both lame as hell as well as being dumb.
>>
File: gfk.jpg (144 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
gfk.jpg
144 KB, 900x1366
>>82518506
Still they have pic related and August General in Iron. That makes them OK in my book.
>>
File: nezha (2).jpg (134 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
nezha (2).jpg
134 KB, 774x1032
>>82517041
>I'm guessing the guy on the right will be their Batman.

I got your Chinese Batman right here. He's even edgy as fuck and shit.
>>
The Justice League should be a worldwide organisation. No Justice League of America/Justice League International bullshit. Especially with characters like WW and GL on the team, and a Watchtower that orbits the entire planet.
>>
If Egg Fu doesn't show up, prompting Kenan to team up with Diana, I will be sorely disappointed.

>>82520296
>he
.... You sure about that?
>>
>>82518364
No. It's by Morrison, Waid, Ruck, and Johns. Morrison wrote the great ten bits
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (24 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
24 KB, 500x291
Hopefully they find someway to bring this in.
>>
>Chinese Justice League
>Chinese government uses them to reconquer "lost" territory & South China Sea.
>Brutal Supression of any "dissedents"
>Mao 2.0 incoming
>>
>>82518506
What is it with those overly descriptive names Morrison gives his Asian heroes?
I thought that in the Super Young Team it was a reference to the way the japanese create their titles, where it's a adjective plus and noun and the actual title (like Kidou Senshi Gundam or Dimensional Fortress Macross or even Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon) but he does it with the chinese as well.
>>
>>82521245
It's actually quite faithful to the way Chinese works. They sound like plausible aliases or codenames in Chinese with at most one more syllable than a regular full Chinese name. If you translate them directly into English it gets more syllables and feels more unwieldy.
>>
>>82520747
>Chinese superman sinks Japan, declares "justice for nanking, nip dogs!"
>>
>>82521245
>>82521486
And yes, I don't know if Morrison had any help, but looking at Wikipedia, the Great Ten's names have proper Chinese translations. They aren't broken Chinese or gibberish.
>>
>>82520296
>He
Do all the Asians draw their men as hermaphrodites
>>
>>82517041
>China.
>Successfully copying American innovation.
>China.
>The same nation that sells cardboard boiled in oil scraped off of the street as 'dumplings.'
>China.
>Creating their own Superman.
>China.
>The nation where buildings don't collapse, they just fall over like a toppled LEGO set.
>China.
>Developing, on purpose, a JLA-level metahuman.
>Where they eat eggs boiled in the urine of young boys.
>China.
>>
Looking up the artist previous work. Looks like a Capullo's work a bit.
>>
Or a villain of some kind.

I'm betting he's called "Falcon" or "Eagle" or "Falconer" or something. Falconman, maybe.
>>
>>82521511
That should eplain why their names sound like something out of google translate.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.