[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get the OC character thread back up. I was the anon that was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 87
Get the OC character thread back up.

I was the anon that was asking for drawings of the OC Die-Cry AKA Cade Wilson. Did the 2 anons that were drawing him up finish their work?
>>
File: IMG_20160504_193041.jpg (636 KB, 1458x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160504_193041.jpg
636 KB, 1458x2592
This was the last update of the Die-Cry character I got.
>>
File: A_thing.png (240 KB, 700x1100) Image search: [Google]
A_thing.png
240 KB, 700x1100
>>82509588
>>82509637
This was the 2nd version of Die-Cry that someone whipped up
>>
Played around with some designs for my Flower Girl character and on the right...some robot pals and some expressions of kid that built them.
>>
File: pffff.jpg (221 KB, 1212x791) Image search: [Google]
pffff.jpg
221 KB, 1212x791
>>82511292
Woops!! Here they are.
>>
File: nataliana.png (922 KB, 598x907) Image search: [Google]
nataliana.png
922 KB, 598x907
>>82509588
I'm gonna finally join one of these threads.

Here's a character I made for an idea I'm playing around with.

It's set in the future. I wanted to have an outfit that's clearly not our time but also believably "normal" for a different time. Also wanted to do the same with the name

The top is climate controlled clothing. There's a cold blooded alien race that also wears it so they can go to other places and not die.

The hat is supposed to have tech in it, but I'm working out what sort of tech could be there without it getting to sci fi.
>>
File: rfg.jpg (83 KB, 948x552) Image search: [Google]
rfg.jpg
83 KB, 948x552
>>82511304
And while I'm at it -

Character designs for a thirty second-one minute short I'm putting together! I'm mostly likely going to go with the one on the far right, but I'm going to simplify the design more since I'm animating with paper cutouts.
>>
>>82511304
The robot pal is my fav. I love robot designs that involve relatively humanoud sections followed by something clearly robotic like a TV face.

>>82509637
>>82509679
I like the design, though he looks a little fat. Is that on purpose?
>>
>>82511628
Right is the best
>>
oc threads don't usually last a lot

i yhink we should set it to an specific day, so anons know that's the day when they can post their donuts

they did somrthing like that for waifu threads on /a/ and know every wednesday they have a threads that always gets like 400 post all about questions and answer of what the anons would do if their waifus were real

if it worked for something as ridonculous as waifuism i think it can work for donut steel too
>>
What the donut steal thread needs is a bit more info in the OP.
Some greentext about posting, tips on character making, maybe an archive a link to draw guides. Make it look a bit more legit
>>
File: 134.jpg (103 KB, 748x939) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
103 KB, 748x939
>>82511629
Thanks! Yeah, there's something I like about those type of designs too. I do want the faces on the screen to look more toyish and pixelated, so maybe something like those robot dogs or tamagotchis.

>>82511862
Thanks!

>>82511901
A weekly OC thread might be cool.

Aaaand, a few more OCs from another thing I'm working on. I haven't been working digitally lately and I'm too lazy to scan anything else right now, so that's about it, I guess.
>>
File: proto viola.png (94 KB, 552x523) Image search: [Google]
proto viola.png
94 KB, 552x523
this girl has given me so many character design problems, doesn't help that I'm in an art rut and feel like I've forgotten how to draw heads, oy.

She's a young cranky empath living in the near future, just did a bust because this was mostly to try out this hairstyle on her.
>>
>>82511901
>>82512086
Good posts. They need weekly threads on a specific day, and more links and guides to posting.

But ESPECIALLY needs more people willing to respond to other posts and not just waiting for people to respond to theirs.

It's not very fair people just wait for (You)'s and dont try to contribute by actually helping out themselves.

>>82512243
What exactly is the problem?
>>
>>82511629
He's a dad bod rip off/parody of Deadpool and Deathstroke. His name is Cade Wilson. He's a Mercenary but sucks at it. The creation is based on the Venture Bros philosophy of everything and everyone fails always.
>>
>>82512357
>>82512153
>>82512086
>>82511901
We could start OC Fridays. Every friday someone creates an OC thread and we go from there.
>>
File: Hugenaut color ref.png (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hugenaut color ref.png
152 KB, 1024x768
Here's a character that I made.
>>
>>82512473
Sure. Maybe have something like "no posting your OC without replying to another." But I wouldnt want it to come to that. People should just want to do it naturally.

>>82512473
I say change the name slightly. It's parody but I still feel the name is a bit on the nose. Like the idea though, very Great Lakes Avengers.
>>
>>82512604
Change the name of OC Fridays?
>>
File: Snake Lady that works for Death.jpg (64 KB, 710x1200) Image search: [Google]
Snake Lady that works for Death.jpg
64 KB, 710x1200
I apologize for the lack of quality, but an anon asked me what she was saying.
>Hello, child. Do you frequent this establishment?
>Please don't mind the smell
>These flowers aren't working
>Watch out for snakes
Her backstory is that Death got bored of doing everything by himself, so he hired a bunch of random people to departmentalize the reaping of souls. She got poison and snake deaths, and her work makes her hate snakes. Still working on the story and my shit drawing skills, sorry
>>
>>82512357
I think this thread should be treated like a request thread. Post one comment on one... etc

Also this thread somewhat competes with the batman thread... i see a lot of OC stuff posted there now days so how exactly is this thread different we need to think about that in future threads

Make it a Saturday of Friday night thing so we have the most deadbeat artists online...

Something like:

>Weekly Donut Steel Thread Saturday night live edition
>Post your OC characters, stories, web-comics, drawings, and other OC.
>Don't be shy post your stuff BUT!
>Don't just dump your stuff, help other anons with their work, if your drawing skill isn't on point help anons with their stories and ideas, don't just sit around and wait for your (You)'s

Links:

>Drawing books:
(Andrew Loomis -Fun with a pencil, The head and hands
Bridgman's Complete guide to drawing from life
Cliff Young - Drawing drapery form head to toe
And a super condensed version of the above books: Stan Lee - How to draw comics the marvel way

>Writing books:
(I really have no idea what to suggest besides just reading popular stuff you like)

>Guide to making characters
(Open to suggestions)

>Anon Archives (maybe I'm not sure if this should really be a thing for a donut steel thread maybe just archive the whole threads)
>>
>>82512495
i think that design can work but right now it looks too flat you should think about drawing him a little bit more 3 dimensionaly
so the armor can stand out a bit more try looking for sycra on you tube and his video on how to draw basic 3d objects
>>
>>82512243
It would be helpful to say what problem you're having!

Whenever I'm having character design problems, I draw alternate versions of the design. Play around with the shapes some more and have her silhouette, posture, body language, choice of clothing, etc, reflect her personality and who she is as a character.

Nothing in the design says cranky empath to me, so try to push that idea more.

>>82512895
Again, might be cool. I'm for it.

Some books for character design is Tom Bancroft's Creating Characters and Character Mentor. They're both really good and it's what got me thinking about communicating through design.
>>
File: 1462500658425.png (148 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1462500658425.png
148 KB, 1024x768
>>82512495
You need perspective anon.
The blue lines need to be parallel to each-other to make it seem like he is really standing. Well maybe the hip line can be opposite if you are drawing a girl in S posture but you get the idea
>>
File: 1457544456867.png (146 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457544456867.png
146 KB, 500x500
>>82512702
No, that would be a rule, not the name

>>82512895
A+ post friend
>>
>>82512604
>I say change the name slightly. It's parody but I still feel the name is a bit on the nose. Like the idea though, very Great Lakes Avengers.

Meant for >>82512411
>>
>>82513260
Will make pastebin post when i figure out all the Helpful links part
>>
>>82512895
I feel this kind of thing would be redundant with the Batman threads.
How would OC general be different?
>>
>>82512745
She appears reptilian in nature, yet she hates snakes?

Also, snakes and poison are a single section that she oversees?
>>
>>82513397
Well this is the way i look at it.
The batmans stuff should be more about the drawing part and it;s quality / critique.
While here anons could work out unfinished ideas, stories too not just drawings.
On occasion to spice this up someone could post an activity like an anon in the last thread here have a robot with no legs name him and give him legs. We could offer these characters as stock characters to be used in anons stuff
>>
>>82509588
why not steel donut instead?
>>
>>82513723
because it's a pun/wordplay

donut steel = do not steal
>>
File: Fae and Demons.png (134 KB, 1152x1488) Image search: [Google]
Fae and Demons.png
134 KB, 1152x1488
I’ve posted these OCs before, so I’ll elaborate on their stories a bit.

They’re a species of elementals (kinda like deities but not quite omnipotent) that have split into two factions, Fae and Demon. The Demons want to invade and conquer modern Earth, while the Fae are determined to keep the magical world hidden

Cygnima - Queen of the Fae. She’s cold and distant, and can come off as kind of a bitch. But she’s one of the oldest and most important elementals for her ability to purify water and purge toxins from living beings.

Odonata - Cygnima’s right hand. He is loyal to her to an annoying degree. He is inhibited and reserved, and often struggles to make his own choices.

Yettina - Hot-blooded and brash, Yettina revels in the thrill of combat and likes to smash things. She temporarily defected to the Demons because Cygnima insists on pacifism.
During that time she met Gavius, and the two are still friends.

Riki - A forest sprite, Riki rarely ventures outside her realm and is not a major player in the conflict. Energetic and bubbly, she keeps a cheerful attitude even in battle. She can control bees.

(1/2)
>>
>>82513960
(2/2)

Shioruruke - the self-proclaimed Demon Overlord, Shioruruke possesses incredible physical strength and endurance, but lacks elemental powers of his own.
He tried to absorb Khali and her fire powers, but it failed as his physical form could not handle the extra magic.
He is cunning and ambitious, but his ego and pettiness often cause his plans to backfire.
Also he has no idea how the human world works.

Nyosi - Shio’s right hand, she ends up doing most of his dirty work for him. Using her shadow abilities she hides and blends in while on Earth, something he refuses to do. Their relationship is strictly platonic (maybe she’s gay? we just don’t know)

Gavius - A swamp dweller, his magic is fairly weak and he relies on guile to win fights. He joined Shio because no one else was available.

Khali - Used to work with Shio, but as soon as he tried to absorb her elemental power she ran as far away as she could. (Who wouldn’t?) Odonata asked her to join the Fae, but she refused. She was betrayed by the Demons, but didn’t trust them either.
>>
>>82513960
These always remind me of those neopet fairies and I smile a little bit.
>>
pastebin: http://pastebin.com/MWmiTfQS

This is what I have so far (and i already blew 100$ on books off amazon):

Weekly Donut Steel Thread /dst/: Saturday night fever edition
>Post your OC characters,their personalities ,stories, web-comics, drawings, and all other OC.
>Don't be shy post your stuff BUT!
>Don't just dump your stuff, help other anons with their work, if your drawing skill isn't on point help anons with their stories and ideas, don't just sit around and wait for your (You)'s
>Contribute to thread activities like stock character creation to keep the thread alive.

Useful Links:

>Drawing books:
(Andrew Loomis -Fun with a pencil, The head and hands
Bridgman's Complete guide to drawing from life
Cliff Young - Drawing drapery form head to toe
And a super condensed version of the above books: Stan Lee - How to draw comics the marvel way

>Writing books:
William Strunk - The Elements of Style
Lynne Truss - Eats, Shoots & Leaves
John Gardner - The Art of Fiction

>Guide to making characters:
Tom Bancroft - Creating Characters with Personality, Character Mentor.
Keith Thompson - Drawing and Painting the Undead, 50 robots you can draw and paint.

>Hand drawing to digital for mobile:
CamScanner

>Anon stock characters Archives:
(embed)
>>
>>82514170
Man, I found out about "phone scanners" recently and man it was pretty great. Managed to straighten out a tonne of my drawings. Now if I want to go over something digitally I dont need to set up my scanner.
>>
File: roughline.jpg (542 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
roughline.jpg
542 KB, 2448x3264
dis is y guy half dog/ghoul/snake dont let the cold exterior frighten u, he is just shy
>>
>>82514259
Confirmed rapist.
Maybe a Hatred mod charter
It's really the eyes and conflicting messages it's sending with the happy go lucky shirt

>>82513960
So avatar with a few more steps? Whats the overall story, dose it have a main character or is it like a Game of thrones watch the politics unfold thing
>>
File: scientist.png (164 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
scientist.png
164 KB, 800x1100
>Think I'll draw up my OCs real quick on my tablet
>Takes me like 30 mins
>Still looks like shit
Anyway, they're scientists who fight shit. Guy's Alan, gal's Iris.
>>
File: Ricky.jpg (64 KB, 493x697) Image search: [Google]
Ricky.jpg
64 KB, 493x697
This is Ricky, I made him in 2013. Earlier this year I started to make comics about him, nothing super interesting, just 4-panel-fun.
Please be gentile
http://imgur.com/a/B4d32
>>
>>82514338

thats a terrible thing to say about him, hes just stand offish
>>
File: 1462506362052.png (223 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
1462506362052.png
223 KB, 800x1100
>>82514639
Not bad anon got a story for them?
>>
>>82514639
Any story behind the mask?
>>
>>82514770
Duly noted, Anon. Thanks
>>82514775
No one cared who she was 'til she put on the mask
I like it from a design standpoint, but haven't given a reason for it.
>>
File: ruudoodleapril2016.png (8 KB, 538x510) Image search: [Google]
ruudoodleapril2016.png
8 KB, 538x510
Reposting one of my OCs again.

A choleric 14 year old girl named Ruu. She doesn't take guff from others, whether it be girls, guys, orcs, elves, or anything really. Her fists of justice are infamous around the neighborhood. Though Ruu has a hard time cooperating with strangers, she is loyal to her friends and especially her own family.
>>
>>82512357
>>82513024

yeah I was in a rush so sorry for not giving a definite problem, it was mostly logistics with the kind of realistic but lighthearted world she's supposed to fit in and colors, and I think she looks younger than she is (19). But thanks for the advice anon!
>>
>>82514753

Ricky is a pretty cute beetle. Shame he hasn't had the best of luck. I think if you can somehow get a scanner or better method of putting your comics into a digital format, you might make it. Even though they're doodles, just keep working at your craft. He seems like a fun little guy.

>>82511498

I think Nat should have just a bunch of goofy gadgets and plot convenient devices stashed inside her hat. If its the future, they probably have some efficient way to do everything, and a ton of people can't live without their hats.

Also, I am loving her design. Its simple, but tells a lot about what setting she's from.
>>
>>82514753
Pretty funny stuff... nice and clean humor i like it
if you make it a regular thing i would totally read it
>>
>>82515030
So what's her story, stranger?
>>
File: Sin título.png (15 KB, 570x614) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
15 KB, 570x614
Donut Steel Activity Page!
Oh no! someone made this poor crocodile gal but forgot to draw her with proper attire! can you help her by giving her some clothes and perhaps a name?
>>
>>82515305
I wonder if I have a drawing of the full cast lying around.

Either way, I havent worked out the exact year, but it's a near future of the near future. Earth actually succeeds in harnessing energy in the near future which opens up a new technological age, and we acheive space travel. We discover a few alien races relatively close by, which we couldnt find with our telescopes due to the races not having any technology that could be picked up.

Aging has slowed down a bit so she's probably 23 but looks like a teen.

>>82515222
Oh! Future bros! I dont think her looking younger than she is is a problem for future characters. For the world, think about what limits in sci fi it may have. For example, my future world has space travel, and future travel, but no backwards time travel or teleporting.
>>
File: JinandAngela_desat.png (862 KB, 764x799) Image search: [Google]
JinandAngela_desat.png
862 KB, 764x799
>>82514338
>Whats the overall story, dose it have a main character or is it like a Game of thrones watch the politics unfold thing
The 2 main characters are Jin and Angela; 2 humans from New Jersey.
They end up stumbling into a portal to the magical world in the high school janitor's closet and have to keep it from falling into the demons' hands.

Jin has fire abilities and Angela has spirit powers. Angela is also a massive weeaboo.
>>
File: 1462509388210.png (32 KB, 570x614) Image search: [Google]
1462509388210.png
32 KB, 570x614
>>82515795
Crocodile Croxy Anderson
Lifeguard in a local swamp, local low hanging fruit for beach boys.
>>
File: fruit.jpg (3 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
fruit.jpg
3 MB, 2322x4128
this is just some stupid idea i had a little bit ago but i have these series of characters where they have fruits for heads.
if it were to be a series of some sort, it would be something like a slice of life. there characters would have a problem to solve or experience in each episodes or comic or what have you. kinda like something between rocket power and spongebob
>>
File: Cai Steeltrap.png (8 KB, 570x614) Image search: [Google]
Cai Steeltrap.png
8 KB, 570x614
>>82515381

Due to the lack of a significant mother-figure in her life, Ruu has come to ape her father and do what he does. And her Dad is a gun-toting, cigarette-smoking fisherman who has to deal with idiot lizardfolk lackeys on his vessel. But her father isn't abusive or neglectful. She's just learned how to be tough like he is.

Ruu is the kind of person to wear her heart on her sleeve. With no one how to teach her how to act like a normal girl, her childhood and current life a hassle. Rarely does she ever smile or emote feeling. Nor can she control her own emotions, or where her knuckles meet someone's face when her sense of honor has been offended.

But she does care about those who are close to her. Ironically, those ideas are harder to communicate.

Also, at some point in time some days ago I changed her name from Lu-Lu to Ruu.

>>82515795

Cai Steeltrap. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find quality pants that are durable enough for clawed feet and a size 4 tail.

>>82515825

So since its pretty near future, maybe make some more practical gadgets for her then. Homing beacons for emergency situations, retractable earbuds to understand and speak alien languages, or maybe a pouch place to store a penny sized supercomputer with 16k holo-heads up display.
>>
>>82516209
Sounds relatively standard. Would these fruit heads eat through photosynthesis?
>>
File: crcodile grill outfit.png (12 KB, 570x614) Image search: [Google]
crcodile grill outfit.png
12 KB, 570x614
>>82515795
Nari Ghara.
She's a swamp-dwelling rogue who likes to steal jewelry and other shiny things.
>>
File: R.png (86 KB, 615x960) Image search: [Google]
R.png
86 KB, 615x960
>>82514753
i like it so i drew him quicky

his design is very simple and that's a good thing, i think you could really benefit from learning how to draw simple 3d objects and poses

you can watch these videos if you want to learn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdkhQis34U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1nxf5KQ2Js
>>
>>82515795
I'll do it tomorrow. Everyone, keep this thread up for at least a couple of hours. That's an order
>>
>>82516235
Like the name.

Also, on the language thing, Ironically, it's not needed. One race had no language and adopted english, the other was so advanced that learning english is super easy for them, so in the end everyone understands each other.

I did plan on it having general tech for situations. That and her armband. The top of her hat can act as an antennae. And it has a mini holographic projector, or something similar. Homeing beacon is a nice touch.

Completely forgot about how tiny but advanced thier computers should be.
>>
File: 20160428_094558-1.jpg (2 MB, 2027x2467) Image search: [Google]
20160428_094558-1.jpg
2 MB, 2027x2467
This is an antagonist I've been sketching for the last week or so, I've come to call him "Pain-Killer"
>>
>>82516520
8/10 would play in Dungeons and Dragons
>>
>>82516148
>crocs
10/10
>>
File: stay sharp.jpg (189 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
stay sharp.jpg
189 KB, 900x900
Here's a neat exercise: draw your character in the absolute sharpest outfit you can come up with. maybe post it here when you're done.
here's my example.
>>
File: Pete4.jpg (1 MB, 3048x3048) Image search: [Google]
Pete4.jpg
1 MB, 3048x3048
>>82516513
that or just normal food. was thinking of having a bit where they question why they eat what they do.
>>
>>82515795
>>82516148
>>82516235
>>82516520

http://donutsteelstocks.booru.org/index.php

Made an archive for this stuff...
Included in new thread pasta:
http://pastebin.com/aeGxPj8B
>>
>>82516209
Hmm... I would read this high and love it.
Not high eh it would need to have plots and character development... So just go for them getting tacobell in an old busted RV and getting pulled over by a cop whos head is a coconut... And fill it with a almost scoobydoo lvl of puns
>>
>>82517927
i don't know if having a booru is a good idea

i think most anons already have a place where they put their stuff so i think it would be better if evertyone just posts links to whatever site they have
>>
File: bodyTypesbases.png (28 KB, 1478x618) Image search: [Google]
bodyTypesbases.png
28 KB, 1478x618
I'm gonna donate some of the templates I use.
>>
>>82518131
I look at it as an archive of inspiration. It's not ment to archive all the posted stuff and anon OC remains their OC its meant for thread activity characters.
If you hit wall you can look at a few premade characters and it might hit a lightbulb.
I'm not saying anons shouldn't post links to their work infarct i encourage it but this provides a library of inspiration for rejects and things that would die with the thread.
>>
>>82518182
Much appreciated anon
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
>>82516716
Looks very Mad-Max esque.

>>82514639
What's the story behind them?

>>82515030
>>82516235
I like the character design and backstory. Sounds like a pretty good coming of age story for her.

I myself can't draw, so I cobbled together a figure of my OC. He's basically a supernatural mercenary that deals with the paranormal in a turn of the 20th century setting. The majority of his armaments however, are mostly for rituals and his most common and effective skill is his knowledge of various burial rites.
>>
File: Zmbie stock.png (454 KB, 2008x3071) Image search: [Google]
Zmbie stock.png
454 KB, 2008x3071
/co/
Why is our chubby zombie friend confused?
Where is he?
Who is he?
Who was he?
What happened?
Why is he shirtless?
>>
>>82517927
Well if you want to do this you may as well check >>82491597 for the original template and the toaster guy.
>>
File: ołsi.png (3 MB, 9079x4464) Image search: [Google]
ołsi.png
3 MB, 9079x4464
do you like my cuties /co/?
>>
>>82513498
She sees them like how some people see monkeys: underdeveloped and primitive
Working exclusively with people who are killed by them doesn't help.
>Also, snakes and poison are a single section she oversees?
Still working on that. Right now, the in-universe reason is that Death is a lazy bastard
>>
>>82520270
I mean reptilian doesn't automatically mean snake or liking snakes. Lizards get eaten by snakes all the time and I'm pretty sure they are just as reptilian and don't like them. It's a pretty good dynamic people always hate their next door neighbor kind of thing
>>
>>82518696
Thank you, Mad Max really inspires me

And by the way I'd totally read a comic about a supernatural mercenary
>>
>>82518816
They look beat. Reminds me of something out of Foster's Home.

>>82521194
Cheers! What's the gist of your story by the way?
>>
>>82522003
Well Pain-Killer was one of two U.S. Navel Foremen, that were part of a Marine (pretty some bullshit spec ops) squadron. They fought together for years, became close. On their third tour, they were wiped out; all but the two Foremen, who would eventually become Pain-Killer and Blood-Pact. Turns out Pain-Killer sold his own men out and staged his own death, but in the process lost his right arm. So Blood-Pact simply wants revenge.
>>
File: Sonic_OCs.png (109 KB, 1126x634) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_OCs.png
109 KB, 1126x634
>>82509588
Have some Sonic fancharacters
>>
File: image.jpg (719 KB, 1652x2352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
719 KB, 1652x2352
>>82523363
Reminds me of the story of Soldiers 76 and Reaper from Overwatch.

I did up mockup of a comic page a long time back for someone on /toy/. Excuse the picture quality as every Hong was don on my phone.
>>
>>82526559
>everything was done on my phone

Autocorrect kills me sometimes
>>
bumb
>>
File: catgirldesign.png (11 KB, 238x592) Image search: [Google]
catgirldesign.png
11 KB, 238x592
random catgirl I drew. She's an Egyptian Mau.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

last bumb, i guess it would be better to just end this thread and make another one tomorrow using this>>82514170 as op
>>
File: House Lienis Enforcers.png (1 MB, 3200x1400) Image search: [Google]
House Lienis Enforcers.png
1 MB, 3200x1400
I drew these fuckers for a setting I am developing (extremely slowly, because I am a lazy git.) some time ago.
>>
>>82531311
really neat bug lookin armor things
>>
File: laura render15.png (249 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
laura render15.png
249 KB, 676x1000
So many wonderful OCs and all I have to post is the same 3D model from months ago.

>>82511304
>>82518816
>>82511498
Love them!
>>
File: House Viam servants.png (1 MB, 3200x1250) Image search: [Google]
House Viam servants.png
1 MB, 3200x1250
>>82531611
Thanks. They are warriors of one of the Noble Houses of the setting. Basically bio-engineered shock troops intended for both fighting the warriors of other houses, as well as keeping the masses of freaks that make up the majority of the inhabitants of the setting (a giant, decaying organic city), in check. Due to the secrets of bioengineering being largely lost knowledge, with the remaining shreds being jealously guarded by the various factions, (biggest among them the Noble houses), the warriors of various houses differ greatly from one another.

These are warriors of a house whose technological capacity is not as great as that of the previous one, as such, their warriors are more crude and instead of in depth, genetical manipulation or advanced biotech, they rely on simpler augments and prosthetic limbs to enhance their warriors.
>>
>>82531859
>Assassin
>Hedonist
>Violator
>Subjucant
>Nark
I love it
>>
File: House Chot Beasts.png (2 MB, 3400x1200) Image search: [Google]
House Chot Beasts.png
2 MB, 3400x1200
>>82532021
That house is sort of depraved, producing tons of drugs and various other pleasure and excess related domains, They offer the desperate and sickly common denizens of the city brief experiences bliss, for a price. And should those fools fail to pay up, they will often end up as one of the "Servants" of the house, as a way of paying their debts. The Nark, Subjucant, Hedonist and Violator are all examples of freaks who have been forced, or either willingly entered a contract with the House that has seen them augmented and enhanced into warriors, spies, and other servants of the house.

The Vatborn on the other hand, are commissioned servants, that have been genetically engineered and biocrafted to suit their roles.

These guys on the other hand, belong to a warlike, but technologically not that sophisticated House. Their warriors have been enhanced with sharp claws, massive maws filled with sharp fangs, and various other rather primitive organic weaponry. They form bands of marauding slavers and raiders, that constantly seek resources, be it weaponry, food, or denizens of the city living under other houses, which to drag back to their territory, where they are put to use as the masters of these raiders see fit.
>>
>>82532322
I like the Lienis designs the best. What's their story?
>>
File: House Baryx Knights.png (2 MB, 3400x1500) Image search: [Google]
House Baryx Knights.png
2 MB, 3400x1500
>>82532421
Lienis is a young house, whose rise to power came in chaotic times of noble conflicts that saw many great houses splintered and broken. Lienis managed to defeat, and subjugate most of the other warring houses via a combination of cunning political alliances (and soon to come backstabs) technological ambition not seen in centuries, and finally, by using the freak masses to their advantage in order to overwhelm their foes. That is long in the past now however, and the Lienis of today is a large house beset by both internal conflict, in both the House itself in the form of strife between ambitious nobles, as well as brewing rebellions among the freak masses, to whom house Lienis has become to represent oppression, and exploitation.
In addition, the House is in a state of near constant war and strife against other, lesser houses, biggest among them being House Chot.
The few allies they have, are in the form of various artisan and biocrafter guilds, that form the basis of a strong economy and industry, that has kept Lienis wealthy and powerful for generations.

The final house I have developed right now, is picture related.They are an old house, who (at least according to themselves), posses pure and untainted bloodlines that can be traced right back to the progenitors of the Noble houses themselves. They are technologically the most advanced house, but have fallen from power in the face of the upstart house Lienis. Their knowledge of genetic engineering, and biocrafting is supreme, but they consider this knowledge near holy, and see altering ancient designs and ways of shaping the flesh as near profane, which ultimately makes them technologically stagnant. Their warriors are expertly grown, every fiber of their being cultivated to highest standards, laced with advanced biological functions other houses can't even dream of replicating. This superiority comes with the cost of Baryx warriors being far, far less expendable than that of the other houses.
>>
>>82515305
>>82515374
>>82516547
Holy crap, thank you so much for your support! This is inspiring, I might continue the comics if you really like them and I'm actually taking some drawing classes, not the best but is something I can afford.
>>
>>82531859
Your designs remind me of the Zoanoids from Guyver, looks interesting!
>>
>>82517927
Eh, people probably dont want their OC's posted on a website for anyone to visit.
>>
this thread is kinda dead and i don't think it will survive til tomorrow

im drawing a mini comic with 2 of my oc's but i still need to finish the last panel and color it

i hope someone makes this>>82514170 tomorrow so i can post it when it is finished
>>
>>82509637
Anyone want to finish this?
>>
>>82534816
Oh shoot, it's already saturday
>>
File: Ladder girl.jpg (77 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
Ladder girl.jpg
77 KB, 1275x1650
This is a ladder girl. She uses a ladder to fight monsters
>>
File: yqunq.jpg (19 KB, 848x736) Image search: [Google]
yqunq.jpg
19 KB, 848x736
>>82509588
Bumping with OC.
>>
>>82536632
how?
>>
File: rickyacute.png (155 KB, 400x765) Image search: [Google]
rickyacute.png
155 KB, 400x765
>>82514753
cute!
>>
File: Arachne.png (130 KB, 757x1479) Image search: [Google]
Arachne.png
130 KB, 757x1479
I'm making random backround character for an animation. What do you guys think of these so far?
>>
File: Random BR Girl.png (91 KB, 757x1479) Image search: [Google]
Random BR Girl.png
91 KB, 757x1479
>>82540858
>>
File: 1319361185362.png (432 KB, 1470x706) Image search: [Google]
1319361185362.png
432 KB, 1470x706
>>82525173
i remember you from /ic/ 5 years ago, someone redrew your oc
>>
File: Animal Wizardry.jpg (402 KB, 1580x2094) Image search: [Google]
Animal Wizardry.jpg
402 KB, 1580x2094
I decided to practice making characters by designing these two since I don't really create original characters very often.

The cat is an apprentice wizard and the owl lady is his sorceress master. They generally get along, for the most part. They live in a world where animal people have different levels and styles of magic depending on their species. Haven't fleshed out a lot of these ideas yet and probably never will, but its fun to think about. Probably going to give the cat boy some pants or something. Both designs are a work in progress I guess.
>>
File: 1436752678586[1].gif (1 MB, 288x230) Image search: [Google]
1436752678586[1].gif
1 MB, 288x230
>tfw too amateur to draw my OCs

M-Maybe someday, right?
>>
>>82540858
What's the animation about?
>>
>>82541374
Asking for a friend, is a cat fine too?
>>
File: Golem.png (110 KB, 501x532) Image search: [Google]
Golem.png
110 KB, 501x532
Here's a design a was thinking about earlier today to practice drawing.

AMHA: Advanced Modular Hybrid Automaton, a man-made entity created with advanced cybernetics and bound magical components. Often put work to do manual labor and to serve as guard units, they are not really perceived as having free will. Their design has a limited capacity for human interaction, so culturally it is accepted that they do not have (or rather, they do not wish to give the impression that they have) free will. The organization that owns the technology behind AMHAs give no useful information to the public on how they actually work. It's assumed that they are some form of advanced AI. In reality, the base design is basically a "limited soul vessel", accepting a wide range of "intelligent souls". Though, their inherent design parameters basically shoehorn them into following orders indefinitely regardless of their wish to do so. This is mostly due to the soul's will being really only allowed to act under restrictions. Integration of this "soul core" with the systems that govern the soul's communication with the base I/O system is where a lot of the dormant limits are placed, kind of filtering out certain lines of thinking, general emotional output, and general feedback. There are also limits on higher-level abstract functions, i.e. killing, that happen before physical actions are committed to movement of limbs. Both of these mechanisms are controlled at the software level, so are completely reprogrammable by whoever can gain access to modify them.

This particular unit posted was endearingly named "Golem" by the family which they guard.

Uhmm I usually only do shitty sketches; this is my first anything with outlining and coloring. Any feedback will be eagerly accepted please be gentle.

Also, any general tips on coloring?
>>
>>82541415
>too amateur
Just try! Or maybe hone your skills on your own first with help from the books posted on >>82512895
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 2592x1936
>>82541415
>too amateur
Speaking of "too ametuer",
Here's the sequel to knife puppy:
Knife spider
>>
>>82541415
just do it anon

give it a try, and then start watching videos on youtube about gesture drawing and how to draw basic shapes even if the first one is shit you can just try again as you learn
>>
>>82541812
That's the third 'golem' I've seen in these threads
>>
>>82538711
I like how the shading contours the top of the body. Also appreciate how much information the hair expresses with the execution being so simple, if that makes any sense. Can't tell what the weapon being used is, though.
>>
>>82542217
Not too surprising i guess. It was great practice, though.
>>
>>82541749
sure
>>
>>82541425
Its about someone showing a little girl named Kelly about what its like being in a kitchen in a fancy restruant hotel. That person will then be needing to use the restroom and left Kelly all by herself. Later a very important person came in to order food. So Kelly is forced to bake a fancy meal all by herself. So Kelly read a cook book and because that she doesn't understand some words, she does alot of gathering of the wrong ingredients.

That it for now cause I don't want to spoil the end bits.
>>
>>82542485
i'd draw them all together but i forget the first one
>>
>>82542647
That character looks like some sort of potions seller or something. Does this take place in some kind of magical fantasy setting? Sounds like it could make a neat little animation regardless. Good luck.
>>
File: lewin.jpg (800 KB, 2988x4956) Image search: [Google]
lewin.jpg
800 KB, 2988x4956
Here's some really old oc of mine. Been developing him for years, and the world/story around him. His home country is invaded, and since he is barred from enlistment due to being a second-generation member of an immigrant race that has recently gained some but not all citizen rights, he decides to sit the war out. Then his hometown is overrun, and he is forced out of necessity into first spying on the invaders and later fighting them in a proper resistance. Later he is allowed to join the military proper and participate in an invasion of the country that attacked his.
He's a sort of reserved everyman, but I don't know how to make him not boring. I know some long-form stories suffer from having the protagonist being less interesting than some side characters. Anybody have any tips?

>>82541374
Love your style, anon.

>>82532825
Is it intentional that their shoulders look like huge racks of meat/muscle, wings, and pauldrons all at once? Looks fucking awesome
>>
File: wollace small.png (589 KB, 1315x1120) Image search: [Google]
wollace small.png
589 KB, 1315x1120
its dat boi
>>
File: heem.png (126 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
heem.png
126 KB, 810x1080
>>82543073
its dat...embarrassed boi
>>
File: IMG_20160504_180959.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160504_180959.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
>>82509588
Anon from the doughnaught steel thread from yesterday who drew pic related.

Will draw your oc if you give me the description. Will deliver in 2~3 days.

dont expect colors
>>
I love these threads, I have virtually no artistic talent in any medium really, and it makes me feel good to see others hard at work with something that they love. Maybe one day ill try to pick up a pencil again, looking at everyone's art gives me hope.
>>
>>82542806
Well its set on another planet where humans had escape too before earth had ended. It was named Earth 2.0 and after hundreds of years of wearing spacesuits while seeing if tree saplings can create enough oxygen to be able to breath on, they settle a new home planet while new life evolve there. Meanwhile the human started to advance and claimed more "earth" planets with the help of light speed travels. They also claimed non habitable planets with the use of DNA Fusion to make humans resist most planets. Some turned into mutants which are then sent back to "ruined" earth to live in. So after 500 years in total, humans claimed a whole system of planets and lived in peace...for now.
>>
File: lilypetunia1.png (253 KB, 1016x1466) Image search: [Google]
lilypetunia1.png
253 KB, 1016x1466
Here's my donut steels.

Made them both with flower names and thought it would be a good idea to make a slice-of-life kind of webcomic with them running a flower shop, but I still need to wordbuild more about them.

>>82543447
>>82541415
Practice makes perfect, anons.
I believe in ya.
>>
>>82543693
Oh hey Dooks. Your dorks are cute.
>>
File: Nolan.png (13 KB, 404x402) Image search: [Google]
Nolan.png
13 KB, 404x402
Nolan Jetstream. He's my Rocket Power OC.
>>
File: lilyblushing.png (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lilyblushing.png
57 KB, 500x500
>>82543769
thank u
>>
>>82543041
Hey thanks, I like your style as well, especially the head. Your story sounds potentially interesting as well. Don't have any real advice though since I'm not a writer, but I think a good side character could play off of him like you said.
>>
>>82543936
Heh thanks, that's the only part I drew without reference.

I guess that is the point of a foil, huh?
>>
>>82543693
are they lesbians?
>>
>>82512153
I WANNA FFFFFUCK THAT MOM
>>
File: comic.png (3 MB, 1040x1801) Image search: [Google]
comic.png
3 MB, 1040x1801
damn im late but whatever

i decided to make a little comic using the 2 oc that i have already posted in other oc threads

i have described them with a little bit more detail before but all you need to know about these 2 is that is that Taffy the one with the big hat i'ts kind of a support character,she can create portals to any of her friends and she is always trying to keep all the team happy

the name of the other one at least for now is K.T, maybe i'll change it later

she is one of the "serious" members of the team mainly because she only acts natural when she is with the members of her team, but she puts a serious or poker face for anyone else

i still need to fix some stuff in this comic but i wanted to post something before going to sleeo
>>
File: CombatFairy02.jpg (524 KB, 854x1097) Image search: [Google]
CombatFairy02.jpg
524 KB, 854x1097
Fairies with guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2121x1414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2121x1414
I recently bought a adoptable on deviantART for shits and giggles, and I wanted to support the artist, but I don't know what to do with it. Help?
>>
>>82546980
Wouldn't buying the adoptable (a.k.a. giving them money) count s supporting the artist already?

If they have a patreon, throw money at them. If they don't, well, it's their choice. You could spread info about them to boost their popularity I guess.
>>
>>82546980
You bought the design from the artist, typically you would then use it in your own projects or get people to draw it for you.

What kind of adoptable is it?
>>
File: tumblr_o6oq48DFCE1vt82d8o1_1280.jpg (187 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6oq48DFCE1vt82d8o1_1280.jpg
187 KB, 800x1200
OC Trebuchet by that Skullgirls artist

>>82541415
Slowly getting there too mate, hopefully I can post something by my own hand maybe by the end of the year. Plan to properly expand my characters by then.
>>
>>82509588
I made two OCs, Greg and Lillian. I sorta made them as characters for a game idea, but i still need to do more worldbuilding/writing, and learn how to make a game in the first place.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/7mcQA
And a pastebin with some ideas/info: http://pastebin.com/Wq5xH3sw

>>82543693
They are adorable.
>>
>>82509588
Does OP's picture transform or is it a MTMTE character?
>>
>>82548900
> lean how to make a game
I'd look up Unity or GameMaker; both are excellent tools in a lot of ways. I wouldn't waste time learning a lower-level language like C or even C++ if programming doesn't interest you. If you do end up going the language path, I would learn a managed language like C# or Java. If not dealt with properly, bugs brought about by memory management in languages like C/C++ add a lot of time to development.

Also, solid designs. I like 'em.
>>
File: color doodls.png (849 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
color doodls.png
849 KB, 2000x2000
>>82544563
Yno

>>82548900
Thank you! Your characters are neat as well, I'm digging the second one's bandana and jacket.
>>
File: PistolFairy.png (129 KB, 554x684) Image search: [Google]
PistolFairy.png
129 KB, 554x684
>>82545626
Fairy with a pistol.
>>
>>82549999
>>82550803
Thanks! I've been trying to improve my drawing skills recently, and i think i managed to get a better grip on their designs now.

As for the gamedev part, i do have some tutorials on gamemaker and Unity saved to watch later, but my major problem is that i still need to replace my (now dead) vídeo card. I plan on learning both (and maybe even unreal too) though.

I do want to learn the language part of programming, and yeah, a language thats easier to debug/manage sounds a lot easier to use. As for experience all i did so far was the Python course on codecademy.

Thanks for the tips!
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 247x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 247x315
>>82547037
I think she's too young for a Patreon, but I don't understand what's you are trying to say here

>>82547337
What kind? A character kind a believe
>>
I've been trying to slowly improve
>>
>>82543041
>Is it intentional that their shoulders look like huge racks of meat/muscle, wings, and pauldrons all at once? Looks fucking awesome

To be honest, I myself hate them. I had no good ideas for what sort of shoulder pads they should have, so I just doodled whatever, and they ended up like that.
The Baryx picture is my least favorite out of the 4, and I am actually planning on redoing it.
>>
>>82551884
Not the same anon, but yeah i'm
pretty sure he meant the character (as in the design), yes.

I'm curious to see how he/she looks like.
>>
File: Rachel Bojack Color.png (644 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Bojack Color.png
644 KB, 900x900
Is there any sort of rave culture in Hollywood anyway?
>>
File: image.png (434 KB, 512x680) Image search: [Google]
image.png
434 KB, 512x680
>>82553085
Alright, thanks.

Since you ask, here you go
>>
File: image.png (136 KB, 680x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 680x512
>>82553639
Her name is "Susan" btw. Here's the Reference sheet as well
>>
>>82553639
Neato! I like how the green boots and vest mix well with the other colors.

As for character details and/or setting, any ideas so far?
>>
File: Ursala (Alt).png (258 KB, 1024x826) Image search: [Google]
Ursala (Alt).png
258 KB, 1024x826
What's a little bear to do on a mountain except grow some onions?
>>
>>82553713
When I bought her she came with some tybits

Name: Susan (last name undecided)
Bio: Susan is a cowgirl with a serious attitude, who tries to keep her town safe even though she's not really the sheriff. As a child, she was trained to hunt and defend herself

The rest I can create or make up for her
>>
yoo

>>82553639
she is very cute! i like the eyelashes.
>>
File: Stand.png (215 KB, 1257x700) Image search: [Google]
Stand.png
215 KB, 1257x700
URSAURSAURSAURSAURSA
>>
>>82552199
More of my mediocre art
>>
>>82554397
>>
>>82554415
>>
>>82509588
#faggot
>>
>>82531311
>>82531859
>>82532322
>>82532825
Would Watch/Read/Play
This stuff is pretty damn interesting and the designs are great 10/10
>>
File: brickboys1.jpg (1 MB, 3900x4500) Image search: [Google]
brickboys1.jpg
1 MB, 3900x4500
Here's some little fun guys I've been playing around with, They're called Brick Boys and thats... that tells you all you need to know about them
>>
File: tumblr_ma7obdCK9N1qk1n3io1_1280.png (896 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma7obdCK9N1qk1n3io1_1280.png
896 KB, 1024x1536
>>82542265
Thanks, that's when I was drawing my character as red lanterns. The weapon she carries is a large maul, or a sledge hammer, if that makes sense.
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
>>82557965
>brick boys
Will they grow up to be Pillar men
>>
>>82559372
im gonna kill you
>>
>>82553889
Not many details, but a pretty decent base to begin with.

>>82559372
Nah man, they are going to be just like that wall man from the old spiderman comics.
>>
File: shitty flash office comedy.jpg (217 KB, 2476x916) Image search: [Google]
shitty flash office comedy.jpg
217 KB, 2476x916
my idea for a flash cartoon series from when I was like 12
>workplace comedy
>boss is a robot on one wheel, always smoking a real cigar, holding a shotgun
>workers include a man in regular attire except wearing a barbute and carrying a sword, also likes coffee
>he hangs out with a bat orb thing, it's like the mascot, doesn't say anything but does silly shit
>party animal guy who's always smoking a doob, drinking liquor, and wearing a sombrero, wears a state penitentiary shirt, always up to no good
>his little brother, a traumatized child who says nothing, inexplicably dressed as a child from the 20s, always has a balloon wearing a demented face mask, it's ambiguous as to whether the balloon possesses a conscious of its own but the child acts like it does and sometimes it even seems to, it's like a does Garfield really speak situation
there were more characters I'm sure, I think one of them was a dwarf that I don't care to draw, probably as an excuse to make vidya jokes, the idea never came to fruition but I did make a .gif animation once that was a parody of a Pokemon battle, it's long gone though
>>
>>82561563
That kind of sounds like something out of a old newgrounds animation series. Back when newgrounds was actually good.
>>
>>82562007
It was totally influenced by shit like that and Homestar Runner, weebls stuff, etc. but it would've likely been ignored like the majority of the crap on there. I didn't have many gags, I think one of them had to do with using the office potted plant as a toilet.
>>
File: 9664276_orig.png (817 KB, 504x800) Image search: [Google]
9664276_orig.png
817 KB, 504x800
A small monster friend.

>>82544762
There's nothing like a hot mom, anon.

>>82531663
Thanks, and I think she's cute! What program did you model her in?
>>
File: tardeperofelizcumple.png (313 KB, 753x881) Image search: [Google]
tardeperofelizcumple.png
313 KB, 753x881
>>82543693
very cute dooks i always wanted to draw them
>>
>>82563477
Did you draw that pic?

Either way, you should draw those two cuties.
>>
When does the netflix series come out?
>>
File: mspaint.png (76 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
mspaint.png
76 KB, 1440x1440
>>82518712
someone stole his shirt and revived him
>>
File: Christo-v2.png (222 KB, 992x856) Image search: [Google]
Christo-v2.png
222 KB, 992x856
>>82509588
This guy needs a new name. and possibly new boots.
>>
File: 1462650375660.jpg (121 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
1462650375660.jpg
121 KB, 1024x749
>>82554397
Perspective anon... you need perspective
>>
one last bump
>>
File: shrugs not fugs.png (34 KB, 422x516) Image search: [Google]
shrugs not fugs.png
34 KB, 422x516
Does it count if I made it in MS paint
>>
File: mrt.png (1 MB, 2268x3504) Image search: [Google]
mrt.png
1 MB, 2268x3504
welp, the thread still alive so i might as well post this one

i decided to keep this one simple because i still have no idea of how to do a lot of things digitally do i just scaned it colored it and added just 1 layer of shading
>>
File: sketches 5.png (3 MB, 3507x2480) Image search: [Google]
sketches 5.png
3 MB, 3507x2480
>>82557081
Thanks senpai.
The setting started out on /tg/ like 3 years ago, and I have been slowly developing it ever since.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.