[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just remembered this show today and starting watching the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I just remembered this show today and starting watching the first couple episodes. Anyone here like it? I almost can't stand the animation but I found myself laughing pretty frequently.
>>
I loved this show.
Mainly for the intro, the boss, and the yesman though.
It should have just been a show about old men.
>>
It was a great idea forever tainted by being a mediocre show. It's a shame we'll never see the concept done right.
>>
>>82491699
General consensus is that it's not a terrible show, but the concept of "western character in an anime world" is almost never played to its potential (mostly because the writers didn't seem all that familiar with anime).
>>
Didn't Mikey have a crush on blondie, blondie had a crush on blue guy, blue guy had a crush on blue girl, and blue girl had a crush on Mikey?
Pissed me off to no end.
>>
>>82491752
Will that concept ever really be done right? What animes could they parody without getting slammed with censors?
>>
>>82491718
The intro is possibly my favorite part. Ear worm for sure.
>>82491817
Mikey had a crush on Lily (blonde), Mitsuki (blue chick) had a crush on Mikey and Gonard (blue guy) is not really into anyone that way. There was a hilarious episode where the Producer made Lily and Gonard get together for publicity purposes. Was pretty funny.
>>
>>82491817
Nope you are so wrong, Mikey had a crush on Blonde Girl, Blonde Girl Hated Mikey due him stealing her spotlight, Blue Girl had a crush on Mikey and Blue guy just was a total dum dum bro, towards the end of the series Blonde Girl kinda started having feelings for Mikey (can't remember this) but by then Mikey finally realized blue girl had feelings for him and he felt the same (I do remember this)

But yeah the show was good but it was wasted potential, Imagine if this show was made with Amazing World of Gumball levels of animation???
>>
>>82491899
The level of animation is the one thing I don't like about this show. Its funny without being too "lol randumb Xd" and the cut away gags are awesome.
>>
>>82491843
Honestly, quite a few. Anime is a rich well for parody.

You could have the generic self-insert protagonist who gets thrown for a loop by the wackier Western character, and thinks they're the comic-relief best friend but then find themselves displaced and developing massive issues.

You could have combining robots that routinely fall apart, or give their pilots motion sickness because forming the left leg isn't fun.

You could have warriors that insist on training in 100x normal gravity, then getting flattened instead.

You could have the twelve-year-olds who inexplicably settle all their battles with superpowered monsters and magical toys that obey their commands despite their city-destroying power.

You could have magical girls or sentai teams with overlong transformation sequences who boot people off their teams for not being color-coordinated.

You could have an episode where the show gets "localized" and anything remotely violent is removed, to the point of cutting out a character crossing their arms because that's a cross and therefore religious.
>>
>>82491989
That beyblade/yugioh/pokemon parody sounds pretty good
>>
All I know is these fucking sushi know how to kick it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZG7KQlBd7s
>>
>>82491989
Breaking News!!! Japan is in crisis it's toast factory assploded and now millions of students/workers are starving on top of being late for work!!! Then Mikey saves the day by introducing japan to a wondeful invention called a "toaster"
>>
>>82491699
HEY HEY
>>
I remember the intro, and
>What's this? I have a saxophone in my hands? Well, why not?
>>
>>82493850
ROCKING THE STREETS
>>
I only remember the scene where the purple cat (guano?) goes crazy and tells mikey to play a video game with him but it's just a piece of cardboard on the wall or something.
>>
File: A_Christmas_Mikey_28.png (215 KB, 689x425) Image search: [Google]
A_Christmas_Mikey_28.png
215 KB, 689x425
>Mikey didn't go after Mitsuki, even though she clearly wanted him
>mfw

Also it was a pretty good show overall. The animation was lacking, especially in the first dozen or so episodes, but I always thought that was kind of the point.

I think Ozu (the producer) was the best character.
>YOU'RE. ALL. FIRED!!!!
>>
IIRC the animation was shoddy because so many workers for Animation Collective kept getting laid off during the time of the show's production
>>
I never could get past how horrendously drawn the anime characters were. Great opening though
>>
>that farting episode
hngggg
>>
>When you look out at the streets and Mikey is actually there
>>
>>82491843
It doesn't even need to be a complete parody per se.

You could have it where the Western MC is trying to adapt to a life/show ruled by anime tropes and conventions and have a meta-commentary on how unbelievable (or enjoyable or whatever) the trope is in relation to some of the western cartoons.

He could be doing this with a drinking buddy who is an anime character himself who could explain the trope, sometimes in a flawed or even completely half-assed trolling manner.

Just have it set to music by Toshihiko Sahashi, Yoko Kanno, or someone who is able to do good mood music. Have the western MC animated in Flash (intentionally) while the anime sidekick digitally hand-animated in the 3's. And have some sort of event in the foreground or background related to the anime trope/parody that they are discussing on.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.