[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has CW's Arrow benefited or diminished the Green Arrow property
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: can i be in the movie.gif (298 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
can i be in the movie.gif
298 KB, 499x281
Has CW's Arrow benefited or diminished the Green Arrow property in any way? Do you think there might be any long term ramifications?

I mean, did Lois & Clark or Smallville leave any lasting impact?
>>
I'm sure non-comics media will reference things from Arrow, but the comics seem to be fine with avoiding nearly everything from the show. I predict that future non-comic adaptations will take more from Green Arrow comics than Arrow, if only because there's a mindset that apeing ideas from comics is fine, but copying another show too heavily is taboo.
>>
I hope there are. We don't need Green Liberal coming back.
>>
>>82485890
>I mean, did Lois & Clark or Smallville leave any lasting impact?

Not really. But everyone knows who Superman is. He's a household name.

green Arrow is more obscure.
>>
>>82487505

More obscure sure but he still pulls some decent brand awareness. The guys been a supporting character in what, five animated series?
>>
>>82485890
>did Lois & Clark

Yeah, they got married and himanized superman way more than any downgrade of powers or gimmick. It was a way better show than what you remember.
>>
>>82488027

I'm not saying those shows were bad or anything. I'm just wondering how much can a live action tv series effect how a character is viewed over all. Did anything in L&C carry over into the generally accepted mythos that wasn't there before?

Flash is kind of an interesting case as Mark Hamill & John Shipp worked both series but that's just an ineffectual cheeky nod.
>>
>>82488918
Do you guys think Flash will start throwing lightning in the comics? Has he ever done that before? I don't think he has.
>>
I don't read the green arrow book but from what I gather Diggle was introduced but he's not annoying and they tried to introduce felicity till another writer took over and said "fuck that"
>>
>>82488997
>Has he ever done that before? I don't think he has.
Nope.
>Do you guys think Flash will start throwing lightning in the comics
Flash is an incapable bi polar idiot in the comics right now. If someone drops a nuke on central city there would be few complaints.
>>
>>82488997
>Flash will start throwing lightning in the comics?
What the shit? He does that in the series?
Goddammit, Flash does not need more powers.
>>
>>82489239
He does, it doesn't make sense because the lightning surrounding him is speed force, not actual lightning. In the comics that lightning zaps not!wally to give him powers. in the tv verse it shocks opponents.
>>
>>82485890

>Has CW's Arrow benefited or diminished the Green Arrow property in any way?

Well people who don't read comics actually know Green Arrows exists now
>>
>>82489081

I can live with that, he's pretty much Diggle in name only and used sparring so far.
>>
File: 2b9.jpg (38 KB, 589x399) Image search: [Google]
2b9.jpg
38 KB, 589x399
>>82489239
I wouldn't mind Flash pulling some golden age Superman pull powers out of his ass bullshit
>>
>>82489678
Well he's going to have to pull himself together first
>>
>>82485890
>I mean, did Lois & Clark or Smallville leave any lasting impact?

That show was the reason Lois Lane and Clark Kent married in the comics, and that's about it.
>>
Wonder Woman is a prime example because without the TV show there'd be way less recognition of her in the public eye since she hasn't had movies and animated series and whatnot. She was on Superfriend and that's about it.
>>
>>82487840

That's assuming you watch animated series.

Literally people that have never read a comic book or watched a tv show in their life know who Superman is.

He's THAT iconic.
>>
>>82490501
The show also inadvertently caused The Death of Superman
>>
File: 1383922442366.jpg (26 KB, 303x326) Image search: [Google]
1383922442366.jpg
26 KB, 303x326
>watching Arrow
>reading Green Arrow comics
People actually do these things? You gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>82490769
The best part of Arrow and the best part of nu52 Arrow coincided pretty well.
After that it all went downhill.
>>
So I've been watching Flash and it's pretty much gone to shit but I still liked the first season.

I haven't watched Arrow. Where should I start and where should I stop? Apparently it's gotten really bad but I don't mind jumping ship before that point.
>>
>>82490934

Get to the end of season two and pretend it got canceled.
>>
>>82490769

Green Arrow has two of the greatest and most important runs in the history of comic books.
>>
File: 1361472784425.png (49 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1361472784425.png
49 KB, 260x221
>>82491004
>>
>>82490501
Actually, they were going to do that in the comics already and were asked to delay it so it could be a sort of suspenseful drama relationship in the show rather than a foregone conclusion.

So they said yes and came up with Death of Superman as a way to put the brakes on the Clark/Lois train in the comics.

Doomsday literally only happened because Lois&Clark asked to have theor wedding first please.
>>
>>82491004

What, Longbow Hunters and Hard Traveling Heroes?
>>
>>82486951
Counterpoint: The Flash movie

>>82487031
get aids
>>
>>82491483
>Counterpoint: The Flash movie
I haven't been tracking DCEU news, what's up?
>>
>>82491534
it's literally Flash Season 1
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.