[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know Heroes are above killing,but sometimes the punishments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1322397-roundtwozom15.jpg (472 KB, 1252x1920) Image search: [Google]
1322397-roundtwozom15.jpg
472 KB, 1252x1920
I know Heroes are above killing,but sometimes the punishments they dole out are worse then death. Wouldn't they just be better of killing there enemy instead of the torture they put them through?
>>
But then the villain couldn't return and you can't have that in comics.

Seriously, I hate all these fucking arguments about heroes not killing their supervillains when everyone knows damn well its largely just so they can be reused.
>>
>>82475573
In some cases, that's an unintended implication. In others, like what's going on in that pic, it's better than what they deserve.
>>
>>82475573
Wasn't there a whole batman series that was about a bunch of criminals who got some permanent disability or scar (like one who tried to use a batarang against batman, only to have the thing come back and get stuck on his head, or one who had a permanent footprint on his face) thanks to batman trying to get revenge on him?
>>
>>82475620
First post beat me to it.
>>
>>82475573
I am guessing he had a gun after all.
Why is this such a hard punishment?
>>
>>82475573
Wally could barely keep up with Zoom at MAXIMUM speed force, killing him would have been harder than just neutralizing his powers.

Which had an unforeseen consequence. I also love how people who think Villains should die inexplicably get caught up with misplaced sympathy when they're given their due. He gave a woman a hypersonic abortion.
>>
>>82475573
Am I being an art pleb if his arms look freakishly small to me?
>>
File: Inertia.jpg (627 KB, 1280x1975) Image search: [Google]
Inertia.jpg
627 KB, 1280x1975
>>82475573
Why is Wally such a monster?
>>
>>82475620
So?
That doesn't change the fact that killing and the decision to do or not to do so is still something that weighs in on how a character faces the world and how people perceive the character.
Yeah, it's also a story device to allow characters to come back, but I don't get why that has to automatically make not killing a villain a bad thing and makes killing them an absolute better alternative.
>>
>>82477147
>I don't get why that has to automatically make not killing a villain a bad thing and makes killing them an absolute better alternative.

It doesn't do any of this shit at all
It doesn't do anything other than say that not-killing is an inescapable fact of the market and so it's stupid to keep autisming about it one way or the other
I wish they'd have batman go ahead and murder the joker just so the joker can invariably come back in <1 year like he always does and we can stop pretending it matters
>>
>>82476963
>>82475573
Wait, did this kind of shit became a habit for him?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.