[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most overrated /Co/ Villain of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: Mrfreeze.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Mrfreeze.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
Is this the most overrated /Co/ Villain of all time?
>>
I still love her
>>
He's not even the most overrated from Batman.
>>
Nah, Joker and Doom are worse.
>>
>>82474188
Not even as far as capeshit villains go, especially since people acknowledge the character idea was in the end flawed even within the DCAU itself and only works in a short, self-contained one-off scenario.

Wakfu villains are overrated as fuck as far as animation goes though.
>>
>>82475251
Wakfu in general is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>82474391
I don't think I've seen her mentioned outside of threads for the show
>>
Doom is by far the most overrated villain on /co/. At least calling Joker your favorite will have people call you a casual. Doomfags are ridiculous
>>
>>82474881

Everyone on here knows Joker is shit, you might have a point with Doom though.
>>
>overrated

I don't know how you figure. Of all the Batman villains, he makes the most sense. Dude isn't even insane; just genuinely angry with the powers at be who royally fucked his life up and is just trying to protect/save his wife.
>>
It still flabbergasts me how capefags get so up in arms if any iteration of Mr Freeze after this one doesn't share the same origin. Why do they like being so repetitive?
>>
>>82475426
Because BTAS broke the mould with this guy. Going with what works is hardly the dumbest move to make.
>>
>>82475277
Everything that people recommend because "it has great hips and boobs" is bound to be overrated. I like cute girls as much as the next guys but I still can't fathom how a show whose entire appeal is, well, cute girls (who get repetative fast) is praised as such an amazing example of storytelling. I've only seen the first two seasons, but first villain was more or less BTAS Freeze but stretched over 26 episodes, and the second just a mess with oh-so-deep message. It's not the worst show around but it's definitely among the most overrated, and the anime-ish art is kinda boring, especially considering how interesting a lot of european /co/ media can be art-wise.
>>
>>82475478
So don't try new things is what I'm hearing here
>>
File: Heart of Ice.jpg (20 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Heart of Ice.jpg
20 KB, 540x405
I'm a sucker for tragic and Anti Villains, but this is overrated as fuck desu.
>>
>>82475592
It's just that when they DO try new things, it doesn't work as well. Granted, most of the bold new ideas were "diamond thief" and "creepy weirdo because THAT LADY ISN'T HIS WIFE WOTTA TWIST"

The lesson isn't so much "don't try anything new" as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
>>
>>82474188

Let me guess, you like Hal Jordan?
Fuck off, your Justice League run was absolute shit.
>>
>>82476296
>>82476296
Except the DCAU origin has incredibly limited staying power. All Bruce has to do is offer to help cure Nora and Freeze has no need to be a villain. The other origins at least give a decent reason why he's still fucking shit up

>>82476358
What?
>>
>>82477048
>All Bruce has to do is offer to help cure Nora and Freeze has no need to be a villain.
Isn't she beyond saving and that's why Fries becomes Freeze? That he COULD have something is a different point entirely.
>>
>>82474188
On the board or in real life?
>>
Why do you think hes overrated OP? He has a solid backstory and hes one of the more sympathetic villians from a universe were most of the villians are insane. Plus his story is one that can resonate with most people. Just because a lot of people can relate to a feeling doesn't make that feeling "overrated".
>>
>>82477103
She got better, even had a movie about it.

She also got better in the comics and ended up with fire based powers
>>
>>82477048
The main point about Freeze in BTAS was that he was so bent on vengeance that he wouldn't listen to Batman saying "Hey, I know a guy who can help". The other thing about him was that Nora was basically dying of plot-convenieitis.
>>82477187
>She got better, even had a movie about it.
A good chunk of that movie discussed how difficult it would be to save her.
>She also got better in the comics
By being dipped in a Lazarus Pit i.e. that thing that's basically magic, hence the supid fire powers.
>>
>>82477364
>he wouldn't listen to Batman saying "Hey, I know a guy who can help".
I don't remember Batman saying anything close to that in the show

>A good chunk of that movie discussed how difficult it would be to save her.
Never said it wasn't hard
>>
>>82477454
Batman tried to reach out, but Freeze just said "I'm beyond emotions now", which was proven false by that ending (one of the best endings to any DCAU episode, which is saying something).

Frankly, it just seems like you're being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>82474188
Doom
>>
I personally think that the problem is less 'sticking to Freeze's origin story and more 'writers refuse to do anything interesting with it'.

There's plenty that can be done with a villain who's major motivation is love instead of insanity or greed.
>>
>>82477554
Seems like you're being a faggot because someone has a different opinion
>>
>>82477187
>She also got better in the comics and ended up with fire based powers

fucking stupid
>>
File: 0519645.jpg (9 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
0519645.jpg
9 KB, 214x317
>>82477186
>insane villains can't be sympathetic
>>
File: 1356395635423.jpg (22 KB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1356395635423.jpg
22 KB, 352x290
>>82474188
Where's Harley?
>>
File: mr doom.jpg (117 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
mr doom.jpg
117 KB, 940x529
>>82474188

YOU DARE SAY THERE IS ONE MORE OVERRATED THAN I! DOOM!?
>>
It doesn't really help that most of those attempts to break away from the DCAU origin have been pretty terrible or made the character bland as hell.
>>
>>82477048
>What?

>a casual that doesnt get that hates mr-freeze
>>
>>82474188
>Is this the most needlessly contrarian /co/ post of all time?
>>
>>82474188
>overrated
I really hate this word. Anyone who complains that a character is too popular and well liked is an enormous faggot.
>>
File: VRGBQEGV.png (369 KB, 692x608) Image search: [Google]
VRGBQEGV.png
369 KB, 692x608
>there may be some discomfort

I legitimately enjoyed victor icing this bitch after she tried to kill him before he got his suit i batman beyond
>>
>>82477847
Right after the face burn he goes full-evil and never conflicts between sides, which makes it almost pointless to establish that he has bi-polar disorder if he just stays evil.
>>
No, but he was in one of the most overrated /co/ shows of all time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>82478242
>Villains can't be evil and sympathetic
>>
>>82477186
His backstory has no effect on his any other appearances. His purpose was limited to that story alone. Outside of it, he's just another thug, like Croc or Doomsday.
>>
>>82477454
That's because in the original episode there was no Nora. Freeze was out on revenge.

Then the Walt Disney guy in another episode said "Look I found Nora". After that I think there was the movie where at the end Wayne Enterprise does help Nora get cured
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.