[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiderman 3 vs Amazing Spiderman 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: spiderman.jpg (38 KB, 630x358) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.jpg
38 KB, 630x358
Which is worse?
>>
I enjoyed both, senpai.
>>
>>82468004
I saw both movies with my dad and brother and I remember more proxy embarrassment during Spider-man 3. We managed a few jokes during ASM 2 at least.
>>
>>82468004
SM3 borders on Batman and Robin bad
>>
Sm3 is worse. Emo parker, Venom Foremanand snowboard goblin alone sunk that ship.

On the other hand TASM2 had a totally amazing costume which gives it a few points on the plus side.
>>
>>82468004
nothing justifies emo parker
>>
>>82468126
Not even that scene with Tobey dancing down the street?
>>
While Spiderman 3 made some bad choices...

>really fucking bad choices

...at least it was able to deliver a more or less coherent story.

I'm still mad at Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2 for having every plot line stuffed in there because reasons
>>
It's Spider-Man, not Spiderman.
>>
>>82468004

Spiderman 3 was actually great, only fault was the mishandling of venom.
>>
>>82468275
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>82468004
Emo Parker was hilarious, fuck off.
>>
ASM2 was worse. Spider-Man 3 still had some great action scenes. The first Electro fight was good, but the rest sucked. Also, evil Peter was dumb but kind of fun. ASM2 had good actors for all 3 villain roles, but they acted like grating caricatures.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>You'll get your rent when you fix this FUCKING DOOR!
How did Raimi get away with it?
>>
>>82468412
They're allowed one "fuck" per PG-13 movie.
>>
>plebs saying SM3 was worse than AMS2
Your doors don't deserve to be fixed
>>
>>82468032
Enjoyable doesn't mean the same as good, kid
>>
>>82468004
Amazing Spider-Man 2, definitely.

>>82468102
>>82468126
>Implying emo Peter was bad
>>
>>82468004
SM3 is at least fun, despite its many shortcomings. ASM2 was just boring and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Just to clarify, they're both terrible, but I'd rather laugh at SM3 than have to sit through Garfield's wooden acting.
>>
the whole plot of ASM1 relied on Peter breaking a calculator.

in ASM2 Gwen Stacey died because Peter, for some reason (being a dick, mostly) decided not to lend a sample of his blood to a "dear" friend who had the resources to make a safe cure for his terminal disease

FUCK THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN SAGA

Spiderman 3 is not even that bad. Just made a poor choice concerning Venom altering Pete's personality which became a meme
>>
Spider-Man 3 is that rare example of an Absolüt Kinograph.
>>
sm3 had better action scenes and a more coherent story, but it handled venom as a faggot, and symbiote spiderman as an emo shithead

asm2 only good action scene was the first electro fight, rest was shit, the dead of gwen wasn't that good, other than that actors were ok, but they had shitty dialogue. also spideys suit looked cool

Spider man 3 was better, but in the end they both treat their characters like shit
>>
Spider-man 3 did sandman well
>>
>>82468865
>being a dick, mostly
no, he didn't do it bc he didn't know what effects his blood would have on Harry, it could have been poisonous for all he knew
>>
>>82469094
you're quoting the actual movie to bait me, right?
at least it feels like it

you've got:

a. your friend suffering a certain death from an incurable painful disease (in a few years, granted)
b. a possibility to save your friend...who happens to have a Tony Stark-tier amount of money and an inmense genetic-ingeneering corporation to conduct research and experiments in order to synthetise a a cure

my point stands. it was retarded
>>
>>82468481

For the sole purpose of procreation
>>
>>82469048

>sm3 had better action scenes

False
>>
Spiderman 3 wasn't that bad. But then again I haven't seen it since it was in theaters and I was 12
>>
File: 1458321893977.jpg (15 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
1458321893977.jpg
15 KB, 327x324
>>82469577
>>
File: check em.gif (2 MB, 400x190) Image search: [Google]
check em.gif
2 MB, 400x190
AS2

S3 was _______fun_______ at least
>>
>>82469082
being honest, it made a likeable character, but it had NOTHING to do with Sandman
>>
>People think emo Peter was bad.
>>
>>82469683
In the comics Sandman is a likeable character pretty often, i can recall that time when he allied himself with Spidey to save his father, or like how he was depicted in Spiderman: Reign
>>
>>82468004
ASM2 by a country mile
>>
>>82469788
that thing about his father was in the early JMS run, right?

still, movie Sandman just had a bad luck run and wanted to make things right

comic Sandman is a bastard and a murderer with a soft spot for his family (like everyone does)
>>
ASM 2 suffered for the same reasons SM 3 did: Trying to cram in 2 villains at once.

The Harry Osborn/Green Goblin subplot was retarded and should've been dropped. Even Electro wasn't utilized or depicted properly. And WHY did they show Rhino for such a brief moment? That little kid in the Spider-Man costume was awesome though.

That being said, I really did like ASM 2 having Peter actually doing science and experimenting over how to protect his web-shooters. I also loved Emma Stone and Garfield in this. Sally Field did a good job as Aunt May.

SM3 was just a fucking mess. There was nothing redeemable about it. The only thing that was even remotely good was how cute Bryce Dallas Howard was as Gwen and the awesome sequence in defeating the symbiote. Eddie's descent into Venom was tacky and listless. Sandman was absolutely bipolar over how he went from almost crushing Peter to death to being apologetic about Uncle Ben within a few minutes.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 961x1222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 961x1222
>>82469953
>There was nothing redeemable about it.
>le hyperbole faec
>>
>>82468004
ISN'T THAT THE QUESTION OF THE DAY
>>
File: 1462045352731.jpg (18 KB, 361x321) Image search: [Google]
1462045352731.jpg
18 KB, 361x321
>>82469953
>They both have problems
>But ASM2 is redeemable, SM3 is shit!
>>
>>82469953
I'm still pissed Peter went full DBZA Goku on Sandman at the end.
>>
>>82470153
>>82470252
I loved the original Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. SM 3 was just awful. I can rewatch ASM 2, but not SM 3.

I'm being frank here, what exactly makes SM 3 worth another watch?
>>
>>82468126
Except Venom.
>>
>>82470413
Most of the movie is more than fine. Cut away Venom (just tease him for the next movie or delete him entirely), rework Sandman's confession or at least make it less abrupt, focusing a bit more on MJ instead of him, and you got another perfect entry in the series. Maybe change Gwen's name (she was supposed to be an OC before producers asked to use the character) so fans have no reason to claim "not muh"

What exactly makes SM3 not worth a watch? And i'm hoping you're not going to mention Emo Peter here
>>
>>82470413
that it's not that bad.
the problem it has is mishandling Venom peter.
Even if the dance scenes where cringe fuel, you gotta admit the overall story is way better than ASM2
>>
I liked Spider-Man 3 back when I first saw it because I thought Venom was cool, but i was a little kid back then. (Even I thought they handled him poorly, too.)

ASM2 actually felt like a Spider-Man movie even if it felt rushed and lopsided at times.
>>
File: absolutely haram.jpg (56 KB, 544x468) Image search: [Google]
absolutely haram.jpg
56 KB, 544x468
>A Spider-man movie exists that opens with a thriller plane scene featuring Peter Parker's parents.
>Only to transfer into a SECOND opening action scene starring Spider-man
ASM2 missed every fucking mark possible.
>>
>>82470541
Emo Peter was annoying, but it's not the only reason.

Sandman was not a good villain and I didn't like how he was worked into Uncle Ben's death. I do admit the CGI on how he got transformed was good.

The storyline was just piss-poor in comparison to the earlier 2 movies. Harry being an asshole to Peter and forcing MJ to break up with him was okay, but it just didn't feel villainish. They should've adapted how Harry died in the comics. He went full-out supervillain and nearly killed Peter, but MJ managed to snap him out and rescued his best friend. However, the Goblin formula Harry used to roid himself up was killing him.
>>
>>82468004
I love Amazing-2 and do not for the life of me understand why it gets a bad rap.

In particular I loved Electro. It was refreshing to see a genuinely *insane* villain.
>>
File: web hand.png (73 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
web hand.png
73 KB, 500x274
This was worse than any of the Jesus Symbolism in Zack Snyder films.
>>
>>82470660
Actually I thought it was great, mostly because it's the only bit of symbolism in either film. I wasn't expecting it and it actually had its intended effect, which was to emphasize how desperate Peter was.
>>
>>82470639
Electro didn't really feel like a villain to me. Even his public appearance where the cops were freaking out and Spider-Man tried to calm everyone down made me wonder why the fuck would Electro want to try and kill them all? He hasn't done any crime and if he had relaxed and sat down, the cops wouldn't have go full retard and try to shoot him.
>>
>>82470660
Oh shit... It's supposed to be a hand.
That's deep,
>>
>>82470660

>god I was mad about that
>>
>>82470698
>and if he had relaxed and sat down, the cops wouldn't have go full retard and try to shoot him.

Remember that part where he's genuinely insane? We see that he latches on to anyone who notices him in any kind of positive way. We have his internal mental thrashing of Smythe. On his own birthday, which should be a happy day, he essentially dies, which can't have been pleasant; then comes back to life and wanders into Times Square.

The cops shoot at him and throw gas at him and that's unfun, but at the same time his actions in Time Square finally have people looking at him and noticing him. As someone who was always ignored, he's finally being seen.

AND THEN SPIDER-MAN RUINS THAT!
Not really, but that's how he sees it in his paranoid, schizophrenic mind

Heck, just listen to his theme, "My Enemy". The lyrics are literally his paranoid schizophrenic thoughts

>He lied to me he shot at me he hates on me he's using me he's dead to me he is my enemy

Like I said, it was refreshing to see in a movie someone who was shown to be *actually crazy*, and not just some variety of high-functioning megalomaniac.
>>
>>82470580

>ASM2 actually felt like a Spider-Man movie even if it felt rushed and lopsided at times.

Somebody needs to edit out every scene where Peter isn't wearing a mask, now that would be a 10/10 adaptation.
>>
Spider-Man 3 may be bad but it's fun to see how bad it can be.

ASM 2 however...
>>
File: HEY, PACHUCO.gif (527 KB, 320x136) Image search: [Google]
HEY, PACHUCO.gif
527 KB, 320x136
>>82470635
>Emo Peter was annoying
He really wasn't, but even if i'm wrong, you're saying it as if the movie's objective was to make you root for a corrupted Peter

>Sandman was not a good villain and I didn't like how he was worked into Uncle Ben's death
I didn't like the retcon either, but does that really hurt Sandman as a character? It wasn't part of the movie until the very last minutes, until then Sandman was just a well intentioned criminal to be opposed to the bad-intentioned hero Peter was becoming

>Harry being an asshole to Peter and forcing MJ to break up with him was okay, but it just didn't feel villainish
Well, it was petty revenge after all... plus, THE HEART, OSBORN! The importance of MJ to Peter was built up for two movies straight and Harry was well aware of it, it only makes sense for him to use it to hurt him emotionally

Again, to me the only *real* issues are the retcon and how MJ's subplot and development was suddenly dropped for the sake of the villains to get most of the attention. Even though as a comic fan i can, and do, complain about Venom, in the movie his role was just to be Peter's previous recklessness biting him back, so i can ultimately accept what they did with him
>>
>>82469211
Peter said he would test it first. He couldn't trust Harry not to rush in out of desperation.
>>
>>82468310
The little dash is the web that keeps his name together.
>>
>>82468004
Despite what Moviebob wants to tell you, Spider-Man 3 is still vastly worse.
>>
File: yEmkh.jpg (229 KB, 520x484) Image search: [Google]
yEmkh.jpg
229 KB, 520x484
>>82468004
The Amazing Spider-man is the worst one.
The first film was mediocre at best and the second one literally almost ruined the character so they had to work with Marvel.
Spider-man was a fun cheesy film and Spider-man 2 is genuinely one of the greatest cape films ever made.

Raimi's Spider-man films only got bad at the third one and that Sandman birth scene was better than anything in The Amazing Spider-man 2.
>>
>>82471373

Every time I hear someone defend emo Peter, it reminds me of that fat shit.
>>
>>82468004
Spider-man 3, no contest. Cringefest from beginning to end.
>>
>>82471373
They're both so genuinely awful it blurs definitions
>>
>>82468004
Out of the two:
ASM2 has the better Peter/Spidey
SM3 has Sandman
>>
>>82471955
ASM1 had the worst costume out of all the Spider-Man films, ASM2 had the best until Civil War came along and gave its costume emotive eyes.
>>
>>82468412
They didn't say the F-word... at least not in the cut I saw.
>>
>>82468004
ASM2 had a better suit, but it was also bad enough that it killed off its own universe
>>
File: 1461682551315.gif (2 MB, 224x188) Image search: [Google]
1461682551315.gif
2 MB, 224x188
This thread needs more memes.
>>
SM3 was definitely worse than ASM 2. I skipped seeing ASM 2 in theaters because I wanted marvel to get the rights back, but after watching it on a movie channel it was not that bad. SM3 was an unmitigated disaster though. I remember seeing Spiderman jump in front of an american flag, and I almost lept up and yelled fuck you in the theater. It was that bad.
>>
I'd rather watch Spider Man 3 anyday, at least it had a coherent story more or less.
>>
>>82468004
lol at anyone defending ASM2
>>
>>82468004
I'd say they're about the same. Spider-man 3 had not-green Goblin riding around on a hoverboard instead of him taking his father's place.

Sandman as the guy who killed Uncle Ben was unnecessary and he was hardly a villain anyways. I think he was written too sympathetic.

Venom plotline was a clusterfuck and emo parker, while unintentionally funny, was jarring and a bizarre choice.

The relationship drama between Mary Jane and Parker made the movie drag. The movie was nearly 2 and a half hours.

Compare that to ASM2 with continuing the plot of Peter's parents, a plot no one is interested in.

Goblinitus and killing off Norman and bringing in Harry like that wasn't compelling. It never felt like Peter or Harry were friends.

Electro was a waste of Jamie Foxx's talent and his characterization didn't maker sense since they didn't spend much time on him at all.

On top of that they killed Gwen and introduced the Rhino and the movie was nearly 2 and a half hours.

It's just way too many plotlines stuffed into a movie to make it coherent on both counts.
>>
>>82468004
ASM2 fucked up Electro and should've fucked off with Peter's parents

SM3 fucked up the characters - MJ being an asshole, Harry had amnesia just so he could gain his memories halfway, and Sandman killing Ben because his finger slipped

Venom Foreman, Emo Peter, and 'too many villains' were the least of their problems
>>
Spider-Man 3 makes me laugh. Amazing Spider-Man 2 just makes me yawn.
>>
>>82469652
The movie has been out for 9 years. Why do people still use shit quality camrip gifs?
>>
Spider-Man 3 at least had the advantage of feeling like an actual movie with a beginning, middle, and end and not a commercial for a million sequels and spin-offs that will never happen now.

Spider-Man 3 at least wraps up the trilogy decently enough. There is no reason to watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 because it is barely even a cohesive narrative.
>>
>>82468077
So bad it's good?
>>
File: lmaointaturlife.png (189 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
lmaointaturlife.png
189 KB, 450x472
>>82474829
lmao at anyone defending SM3
>>
>>82470906
Electro was mentally unhinged, but he was a harmless sort before being transformed. He didn't hurt anyone or use his powers to commit crimes. He needed help not a bullet.
>>
>>82468004
Spiderman 3. Definitely Spiderman 3
>>
>>82478503
>the "shoot the black guy" meme
stop
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.