[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I'm reading a lot of Batman recently. I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Guys, I'm reading a lot of Batman recently.

I'm going through all his major runs and events, in release order. I've already read his best runs from the 70s, 80s and 90s, read all of knightfall, contagion and legacy, and I'm now about to start Cataclysm.

I took me a while, because I don't like marathoning the stuff I'm into so as to not get burned out on it, so I was wondering what you guys do to avoid that.

I thought about following a different character or series, that contrasts well with Batman, so that I can switch between the two when it starts to get a little repetitive on one end.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>82467650
Hal Jordan.
>>
Shoulda read Death and Return of Superman at the same time as Knightfall.
>>
>>82467709

That was my plan, but I only got halfway through Funeral for a Friend. I think I'll go back and read at least Reign of the Supermen since I've heard good things.

>>82467688

Not a bad idea at all, I got into comics with GL vol. 4, stopped a couple months before Blackest Night started. I've read the GL/GA team-up run from the 70s and Mosaic, but that's it.

Any recs?
>>
>>82467650
>I'm going through all his major runs and events, in release order.
>I've already read his best runs from the 70s, 80s
Batman did not start publication in the 70s. And I don't believe you have for those years.
>>
>>82467650
>I've already read his best runs from the 90s, read all of knightfall, contagion and legacy, and I'm now about to start Cataclysm
Stop reading shit, you utter moron. Read Legends of the Dark Knight, Shadow of the Bat and Alan Grant's Batman run. Those events you cited were rubbish, with only a few issues here and there that were passable.
>>
>>82467765
New Frontier, Emerald Dawn, Emerald Twilight, Spectre vol 4 and GL Recharge.
Just for fun, read Green Lantern Vol 2 188 for Mogo's story.
>>
>>82468233
Oh, and Final Night. And Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan.
>>
>>82467650
No Man's Land is really good anon just keep going with Batman
>>
>>82468131

I have read all of those already. I've read the runs by Alan Grant, O'Neil, Englehart, Alan Davis and a bunch of other random stories.

I've read all of Legends, Shadow and the one-shot graphic novels up until The Long Halloween.

>>82468091

You're right, I didn't read the early years, just like 10 issues of Detective Comics and like a few early Batman comics, I think from 1-6 or something, but I skipped everything until the 70s because Batman as I'm interested in him didn't start until O'Neil took over.

I also forgot to mention in the OP that I started doing this AFTER going through Morrison's run, and at that time I went back and read the 60s silver age Batman issues that inspired his run.
>>
>>82468131
Alan Grant's run is better than Grant Morrison's. Also I love me some Norm Breyfogle art.
>>
>>82468233
>>82468256

Thanks. I just realized I have all of that download from some rec thread a few years ago.

I've read New Frontier already, it's an amazing read.

I think I'll go with Emerald Dawn, then I'll read GL vol. 3 up until the end of zero hour.

I should give Spectre a read, I've never a read his solo stories.

>>82468341

Eh, I like it a lot, but his Batman is way too neurotic, for my taste at least. It was pretty good though, he came up with some iconic villains. The Ratcatcher debut story is pretty great.
>>
>>82468341
Sprleaking of Norm, did he get any better? ;_;
>>
File: breyfogle3.jpg (377 KB, 700x1088) Image search: [Google]
breyfogle3.jpg
377 KB, 700x1088
>>82468436
Sadly no

>>82468341
>Also I love me some Norm Breyfogle art.
Damn son, he never gets enough love around here. He's to me, the quintessential Batman artist.
>>
>>82468510
Poor Norm
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.