[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hemsworth/Thor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
Whats the consensus on Hemsworth as Thor, /co/?

Miscast or Perfectly casted?
>>
>long blond hair
Yep, perfect.
>>
He's not bad, but the material he's given is pretty underwhelming
>>
>>82466666
Quints don't lie.
>>
>>82466674
Only acceptable answer.
>>
Well cast and hes trying his best but the people writing and directing him have no idea what they are doing. That goes for both his own movies and the way Whedon has used him in the Avengers. Hopefully Ragnarok and Infinity War are better.
>>
Not perfect casting but not miscast by a long shot. Could be a little harder-edged I guess but he's solid.
>>
SOLID Casting.

KINO Material.
>>
>>82466657
He's fine but Thor is a shit character so...
>>
He'd be amazing with better writing.
>>
>the I don't mind the Thor movies, but everyone seems to think they're the worst of the MCU
>>
>>82466657
Few things are perfect so I won't even enter that discussion.
But it's a pretty damn good casting no matter. Now he just needs a good Thor film to be in.
>>
>>82466657
Why can't he be in between
>>
>>82466657
Fine for what they're going for but without stronger more Thor-y scripts it's impossible to say.
>>
>>82466657
Perfectly cast, but stuck in less than stellar movies, same as Cavill I guess.
Though Hemsworth at least had the first Avengers
>>
>>82466657
He does alright, but he's not the best they could have gotten.
>>
File: 822ed7ac.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
822ed7ac.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>82466761
>this is what the MCU has done to public perception
>>
Good casting imo, the character shines when hes kicking ass. Too bad hes gimped so much power wise understandable of course.
Good to see he at least has his durability though, tanks the explosion of sokovia barley leaves a scratch
>>
>>82466657
>Whats the consensus on Hemsworth as Thor, /co/?
He is fine as Thor, but the focus on romance in Thor 2 completely hamstrung his Thor-ness. Way too focused on his girlfriend. Hopefully Thor 3 being a roadtrip would get him away from that and get him back to smashing things.
>>
>>82467050
Romcom are the lowest tier of films.
>>
>>82467134
Well, I'll be honest but most of MCU character are dog shit but their movies is good so it's...fine? I guess.
>>
File: 021.jpg (481 KB, 1279x1569) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
481 KB, 1279x1569
Casting is fine. Writing is shit. Too many quips. Still waiting for a truly badass moment, like when he humiliates Iron Man following Civil War, feings surrender to call Mjolnir through a Builder, or pic related
>>
>>82467247
>like when he humiliates Iron Man
Hahahahaha!
You wish, an army of normies would boycott Marvel.
>>
>>82466674
Exactly this.
>>
>>82467222
>Romcom are the lowest tier of films.
They tried to tap into the Fabio-novel reader audience. It sort of worked, but that audience just isn't a good mix with the rest of the MCU. And right now that doesn't fly, MCU is all about interlocking pieces.
>>
>>82466674
Yep. Exactly the right man to play Thor, exactly mediocre enough writers to make you question it.
>>
>>82467247
"You waged war little bird - now see how wars are won. Would-be kings burnt to ash"

fuck I wanna hear it
>>
>>82466657
He's the least of the problems.
>>
Yeah the castings great, I don't think a lot of people have a problem with Hemsworth, it's just the gay earth shit that ruins the Thor movies.

I really hope ragnarok is better
>>
I can't wait for the Russos to do him justice in Infinity War.
>>
>>82467641
This

Based CapeBros will save us all.
>>
>>82466657
He's a great Thor, but mostly everything surrounding him is awful.

Fucking Natalie Portman... has she even been in a good film since Leon?
>>
>>82467690
She could've been good, but Jane shouldn't have much more presence in Thor films than, say Peggy in the first one.

While both Thors revolve around her, it's disgraceful really.
>>
>>82467641

not power-wise though, Wanda and Vision hardly did impressive shit during the whole movie and Iron man getting beaten by Cap and Bucky was also ridiculous beyond belief.
>>
File: Johan-Hegg.jpg (46 KB, 615x770) Image search: [Google]
Johan-Hegg.jpg
46 KB, 615x770
Johan Hegg would have been better.
>>
>>82469283
Looks like a faggot.

Chris Hemsworth is a beautiful handsome man.
>>
>>82469187
They werent trying to kill each other though.

Vision was conflicted like parents fighting and Wanda was just trying to incapacitate.
>>
>>82467247
>humiliates Iron Man
p- pls not now ;-;

he's suffering so much already
>>
>>82467247
I wonder what Thor is gonna do when he returns to Earth and find out about Civil War? At least Tony wasn't a dick in the MCU by cloning Thor.
>>
>>82466657
Too young and not jacked enough to play Thor.
>>
>>82469187
Both were depicted 10x more powerful than we got in AoU, and they were operating in no-kill circumstances. I'm fairly optimistic for IW.
>>
>>82466657
Perfect.
>>
>>82467304
>tfw the audience who would even care about romcom shit mostly prefers Cap/Peggy, Cap/Bucky, or Loki
Inferior in every way.
>>
To me a perfect Thor should not have to hide behind a beard to look masculine as shit, he should just have a super strong jaw.
>>
>>82466657
He Is good. I like him.
>>
>>82466674
This
>>
File: thorfrozen.png (138 KB, 355x512) Image search: [Google]
thorfrozen.png
138 KB, 355x512
>>82466657

great casting but the material he works with doesn't help.
>>
>>82467201
>He is fine as Thor, but the focus on romance in Thor 2 completely hamstrung his Thor-ness.
Expet the focus in Thor 2 was on his relationship with his brother, which is what make the the movie good.

The romance was asecondary plot that I didn't dislike. But seriously, remove the romance and replaceit by aany of Thor's friend that he need to rescue from the Aether and the movie remain the same. Remove Loki, and you get a completely different story.

People saying the movie focus too much on the romance make no sense to me.
>>
>>82466657
It's weird how he learns his lesson of "hey, maybe I should talk it out instead of charging into things" after the first movie and sticks to it, but his newfound diplomacy fails to work at all.

Other than that? 10/10. Just needs good scripts. His Thor is a better Superman than Cavill's.
>>
>>82466657
He looks the part.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.