[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so no matter how "dumb" writers try to play on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 41
File: 4718257-2791386054-maxre.jpg (108 KB, 959x695) Image search: [Google]
4718257-2791386054-maxre.jpg
108 KB, 959x695
Okay, so no matter how "dumb" writers try to play on this, with a crew full of people who are ship-crazy and will ship just about anything (as we saw in their old /co/ doodles), how did they NOT know what they were implying on this whole scene? Couldn't they have made it less ambiguous? Why is it such an uncomfortable and often misinterpreted scene?
>>
>>82465502
maybe they did know?
>>
what do you mean, op? did they come out and say that it shouldn't have been taken that way? it's so obvious that it can't be an accident.
>>
>>82465539
I think the only one that did was that guy that's always angry about basically everything on twitter anyway. Matt Burnett, but I think it was in response to someone asking if they've boned. No other crew member has said shit.
>>
Armchair is a piece of shit

actually i hate every character in this show besides greg

i want to slice open steven's fat fucking tummy with a butter knife and eat his guts while he screams
>>
Mods, delete this thread. Fucking samefags.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>82465651
>>
>>82465901
How is this bait?
>>
>>82465502
Only /co/ thinks that Amethyst raped Greg by pretending to be Rose. According to Tumblr, all rapes end in such horrible trauma that no one could ever possibly forgive their rapist. That's why Watchmen is so problematic.
>>
>>82465502
That feeling you are getting is probably exactly what they wanted. The whole thing comes off pretty strong and I just assumed they would get in trouble if they publicly admitted it.
>>
>>82465651
Edgy.
>>
>>82465922
his post didnt even have a 4chan filename

odds are good he's a tourist from reddit who cant stand to see anything negative said about his favorite show
>>
File: Eat.png (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Eat.png
104 KB, 500x500
>>82465925
>According to Tumblr
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 640x450
>>82465968
If you don't have a 4chan file name, you're from Reddit
Are you retarded?
>>
>>82465925
Who said anything about rape? Fucking someone that looks like your dead wife sounds traumatic enough to warrant everything in that scene.
>>
>>82465502
When I first saw it, I kind of assumed that they had had a relationship at some point in the past or Amethyst had had a crush on Greg before he hooked up with Rose. Obviously that turned out to not be the case.
>>
>>82465995
Sorry, forgot the
>if
>>
>>82465968
... Im starting to think youre baiting
>>
>>82465502
It's not misinterpreted and it's supposed to be uncomfortable. That was the point. Greg and Amy hung out a lot, Rose died, Greg stopped hanging out with her as much in his mourning, Amy had a childs mindset of caring about her own wants, could shape shift, and things happened.
I think it's one of the most powerful scenes in the show because of the implications. It's some next level mental abuse done by a person (gem) who didn't realize how much power she had at the time. (Remember Amythest, while still thousands of years old or whatever was still mentally young at the time they first met Greg).
>>
>>82465502
>Why is it such an uncomfortable and often misinterpreted scene?
that is the point.
>>
File: 1449772949032.png (1 MB, 996x1191) Image search: [Google]
1449772949032.png
1 MB, 996x1191
>>82465995
Are you saying definitively and unequivocally that you DON'T have a reddit account or peruse reddit in your spare time whatsoever?
>>
File: Steven chill leak animated.webm (224 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Steven chill leak animated.webm
224 KB, 960x540
For those who haven't seen it, thank CN's mobile app for another leak.
>>
>>82465995
fuck off, phonefag
>>
>>82465651
I like pearl
>>
>>82466035
>(Remember Amythest, while still thousands of years old or whatever was still mentally young at the time they first met Greg).
Did the gem war happen in Greg's lifetime? it often seems like it did, so Amythest would not be all that old
>>
>>82465502
>how did they NOT know what they were implying on this whole scene?
Who said they didn't?

>>82465553
The question was whether they were romantically involved, to which Burnett said they were just friends.

But friends... friends can fuck.
>>
>>82466003
Holy shit if you are baiting now you totally got me.
I fuckin HATE people who correct small shit no one cares about. Just fuckin let it go people, we all know you meant to say "tanks" when you said "tonks". I mean fuck me come on.
>>
>>82466077
>Did the gem war happen in Greg's lifetime?
nah m8
gem war ended 5000 years ago
>>
>>82466077
It probably didn't but for all we know the Gem war could've continued well into the 80s/90s/whenever they met Greg and it was just not as big a deal as we'd think.
>>
>>82465502
its a deliberately open statement that can be interpreted multiple ways. one can be seen as ok another can be seen as deep,etc. its what you do when you are not sure of yourself but hope people will interpret in a positive way
>>82466099
they do it because there is always that one fag who will try to null the whole statement by calling out grammatical errors or mass spamming the incorrectly spelled word
>>
>>82465651
>i want to slice open steven's fat fucking tummy with a butter knife and eat his guts while he screams

Cookie Cats are indeed delicious, anon, but I'm sure there's none left in his digestive system by now.
>>
>>82466137
so it was a hidden war? non of the human characters seem to have heard about it and yet there seems to have been a lot of environmental damage
>>
>>82466200
The war was shitton long time ago, at the time when written history wasn't invented yet. On top of the fact that gems withhold most of the info, the history of the gem war was most likely skewed or mostly forgotten by the humanity over the years.
>>
>>82465502
Wait, so I'm not the only one who got weird vibes from this? The implication I got was that greg and amethyst were friends and after rose died, during a period when greg was really desperate and lonely, amethyst morphed into rose and they'd fucked. and now he's really ashamed about it.

I didn't think that was the writers intention though and Im not into shipping, I just remember that's what it felt like when i watched it
>>
>>82465925
>That's why Watchmen is so problematic.
I'm no sjw but having a woman fall in love with her rapist is kind of fucking weird
>>
>>82466257
it's not like he was a total stranger, though
He just wanted to skip all the boring "dating" shit and get down to business.
>>
>>82466238
so why does beach city feel like its set in a post apocalypse?
>>
>>82466257
it is but it happens. usually if its someone you knew before like your nephew
>>
>>82466292
It feels more like a quiet beach town more than anything desu.
>>
>>82465925
But I thought they fucked consensually (or at least started, I figure Greg might have freaked out at what he was doing during makeouts but it was definitely leading somewhere), then Greg flipped the fuck out and literally shut Amy out for a long time after.
>>
>>82466299
Hentai doujins aren't real life anon.
>>
>>82466200
Well it sounds like a war that was before human history began recording. Though humans seem pretty comfortable around the Gems despite their magic abilities so they aren't a hidden race and they've appeared in historical records as well.
>>82466246
I got the implication they probably just did the same thing that happened.
They dived into a shitty tv show, let the rest of their life fall to shit, and when Greg realized what was happening Amythest got mean.
>>82466257
Attempted Rapist
But yeah it was supposed to be weird, but ultimately the point is people aren't logical or simple
>>
>>82466312
I know.
>>
>>82466246
I really can't find another way to interpret Greg going "I can't let you do this to me again" specifically in reference to Amethyst turning into Rose.
>>
>>82466301
well in small towns there is not that many people but given how small the cast is,steven not going to school,the fact they live in ruins and mayor has no staff,onion + mailman. I was really getting the adventure time vib from it. even when connie takes us to the big city it never feels like a city.
>>
>>82466368
...Make him feel guilty for his part in Rose's death and fucking with his head?

People seriously need to stop trying to make every fucking thing in SU sexual when there are more obvious and simple explanations. I mean fuck, I wasn't even aware people were dumb enough to need this explained to them.
>>
>>82465968
>not just naming each picture according to what it is so you can find it later

What prestige are you on LoL, you cunt?
>>
>>82466373
They could be in some kind of reservation or a quarantined zone.
>>
>>82466373
>steven not going to school
Beach City doesn't have a school nearby, and besides, gems teach Steven all the things he needs
>the fact they live in ruins
Nah, humans have their homes, and I wouldn't consider the Crystal Gem temple as ruins.
>mayor has no staff
Yes he does. Didn't you see the bodyguards and shit?
>>
>>82466389
>...Make him feel guilty for his part in Rose's death and fucking with his head?
I don't know man, the way she put her hand on his shoulder while going "Oh Greeeg" wasn't exactly pure.
>>
>>82466435
Yeah, because Greg and Rose's relationship was sexual, she's playing that up to make him feel bad.
>>
>>82466448
I'm sure that was more likely to be the writers intention but it definitely fits the other explanation too.
>>
>>82466429
>gems teach Steven all the things he needs
schools are not only there to teach you things you need but also things that you may not need but personally enrich you so you don't turn into an idiot asking why don't people walk on the sun at night +basic social norms.
>Beach City doesn't have a school nearby
so you are telling me non of the kids go to school? what kind of a town is this? even in small villages they usually put all the kids into the same grade (even if its first and 9 together) just so they can have education. + that 1 bus still seems to run and with lion he could be porting to school.
>Yes he does. Didn't you see the bodyguards and shit?
Im talking like secretary,Community Outreach Director,Communications Director,Policy Director for Development,Policy Director for Public Safety,Livability Project Manager,etc you know the kind of people that will tell him that iscream melts
>>
>>82466048
Are you fucking serious?
Christ, how incompetent is CN?
Also I love when the writers tried defending CN (Though, that may have just been Matt specifically) and they continue to spoil so much shit.
>>
>>82466448
whats the leading theory on that? is Steven a new personality Rose made ,like some asexual reproduction where rose will eventually come back while Steven will be left with a shard of the original gem which he will grow into his own?(like crystals)
>>
>>82466520
nothing is spoiled also you would not even know about it if you were not looking for info.
>>
Tbh they probably didn't fuck. It was probably young Greg saying stuff like "I miss Rose" all the time while watching TV with Amythest and then Amythest finally got pissed off and turned into Rose to try to get him to shut up and accidentally mindbroke him instead. Now she just brought it back out in a fit of rage.
>>
>>82466503
First of all Steven is obviously homeschooled, judging from the fact that he knows things like how the laws of nature work. Besides going to school would contradict with the way how gems want to raise Steven.

With the comment about the schools, I meant that Beach City doesn't have a school, though there could be a school in some neighboring town.

Because of how small Beach City is, I doubt Mayor Dewey has a lot of staff, a few people which we haven't seen onscreen yet (or maybe ever will).
>>
>>82466610
>First of all Steven is obviously homeschooled, judging from the fact that he knows things like how the laws of nature work
knowing the water cycle is not really the height of education and if I recall correctly he learned that from Greg.
> Besides going to school would contradict with the way how gems want to raise Steven.
were you home schooled anon? its ok, I won't judge. gems themselves don't know many things especially human things, hell the concept of school was new to pearl. knowing about laika and various other trivia does not make them fit to educate.
>Beach City doesn't have a school
and what I meant was that in real life even in 2ed world country village with 20 people they still have schools, even if there is only 1 class. which is why things felt so apocalyptic. if you are saying there is a school elsewhere and everyone just walks 2 miles or whatever than why not have steven walk with them?
>>
>>82466668
>knowing the water cycle is not really the height of education and if I recall correctly he learned that from Greg
Still, it means that Steven is not "an idiot asking why don't people walk on the sun at night"
>were you home schooled anon? its ok, I won't judge. gems themselves don't know many things especially human things, hell the concept of school was new to pearl. knowing about laika and various other trivia does not make them fit to educate.
Nah, I went to school, finished it, took it very seriously too. But I understand that because of the way the gems are raising Steven and want him become, letting him go to schools seems pointless.
>and what I meant was that in real life even in 2ed world country village with 20 people they still have schools, even if there is only 1 class. which is why things felt so apocalyptic. if you are saying there is a school elsewhere and everyone just walks 2 miles or whatever than why not have steven walk with them?
Well, I live near a 2d world country village and kids there go a school in a another bigger town, usually picked up by a school bus. And Steven does not go with them because, as i said before, the gems have different plans for him.
>>
>>82465502

This is easy the best Steven Universe Episode

that's the point, is a uncomfortable idea, that's the idea.

This is the darkest moment of the entire series
>>
>>82466668
>knowing the water cycle is not the height of education
Anon you'd be surprised how many people don't know about the water cycle. They just assume the shit appears.
>>
>>82466048
okay, so with it animated she looks more just nervous than terrified or in some kind of deep horrible anguish
>>
>>82466757
>Still, it means that Steven is not "an idiot asking why don't people walk on the sun at night"
or he is. such questions just don't come up in his life. he did think he could build a spaceship in his shed.
>gems
in The Test it became clear that they have no idea how to raise or what to do. they are doing the best they can with limited ability they have in hopes it will give them rose 2.0. now that they know homeworld is coming one could see the reasoning for switching to combat training and the like but before that they had no reason to see school education as pointless(did they even know about it?)
>>
>>82466830
I know I had to teach a couple of 4th grade teachers how seasons work (i'm a substitute) so they could get their kids ready for a test.

Additionally, science isn't really a bit thing on the STAAR in primary school so a lot of those teachers are willing to let math/language skills eat into the 'science and/or history' hour of the day.
>>
>>82466881
>or he is. such questions just don't come up in his life. he did think he could build a spaceship in his shed.
To be honest, he has a mindset of an 8 year old, along with the naivete that comes with it. That's why he asked his dad to do it.
>they have in hopes it will give them rose 2.0
That's the point, they're raising Steven to be Rose 2.0, a Crystal Gem leader. There is no place for school education in there when you think about it.
>>
>>82467002
>To be honest, he has a mindset of an 8 year old, along with the naivete that comes with it.
and he is not 8 years old, this is why he needs schooling.
>There is no place for school education in there when you think about it.
why not?logically a leader should know about many things that even the subordinates don't know about. + they are living on earth and mastering its interactions could come in handy.
>>
>>82467084
Gems school Steven in their own way. The way is unorthodox to say the least, but is because they're not raising Steven as a normal human, you see.

I don't gems have the school education system us humans do, and they probably learn the things they need from their superiors and peers (at least they did 5 or 6 millennia ago).

So in what I'm trying to say is that the reason Steven does not go to school is because he's being raised by people of a different, more alien views, not because he has a choice.
>>
>Greg and Amethyst sit around watching TV nonstop after Rose dies as a way of coping
>enough time passes that Greg feels he's ready to move on
>Amethyst isn't and gets mad at him for trying to return to his normal life
>turns into his dead wife in a fit of rage
>Greg's emotional recovery is set backward
>Greg becomes uncomfortable around the crystal gems out of fear that they could do it again and distances himself from them
I'm pretty sure that's all that happened. Amethyst was clearly aware that turning into Rose upset Greg the second time she did it.
>>
>>82467272
Gems also have a several thousand year long lifespan. Amethyst is 5000 years old and still treated like a child in the group. I don't think any of them get how immature Steven is by human standards.
>>
>>82467529
They most likely don't.
>>
Why is Amethyst such a piece of shit character like Garnet and Pearl aren't exactly perfect and have faults of their own but holy shit she just takes everything to another level
>>
>>82467572
She's a freak in a "severe physical defects" kind of way, and a literal parasite. She's really insecure about it in a way that makes her want to lash out onto others. Plus, she didn't have an arc yet to do something about it.
>>
Anon they knew exactly what they were doing
>>
>>82466048
holy fuck
>>
>>82466589
This.

Also Amethyst probably got a look at Greg's junk because she walked in the bathroom while he was showering or something because she had know knowledge of decency and personal space.
>>
>>82466177
Ok first off typing "*tanks" wont stop that kind of person from going off, second its covering your ass in case someone makes fun of you, and third nobody gives a shit about both your mistake and the a-hole who wont shut up about it.
No one takes a person like "THAT guy" seriously, and if he was in your thread/chat then it was bound to derail at some point.
>>
>>82467529

There's no telling how long Steven is actually going to live, though. Being that he's thirteen and still looks eight I'd wager that Steve won't physically mature anymore until he learns to manipulate his physical form manually.
>>
>>82466048
is that the whole thing? if not where can i find the complete leak?
>>
>>82469963
It is. Just one of those unfunny meme images that happen to contain a screencap from a future episode
>>
>>82465651

How does it feel, to hate fictional characters so much?
>>
>>82465925

How could she pretend to be Rose? How would Greg not instantly know? Sheeeit.

Amethyst messed with him by taking Rose's shape after Rose died. Because, in her way, she is as lonely as Pearl. And she hankered for the kind of thing he had with Rose.

Really, Garnet should try to be a little more understanding of how messed up those two are. Or maybe she is understanding.

If Amethyst had taken advantage of Greg sexually by tricking him, he wouldn't have spoken a word to her ever again, let alone allow his son to be around her.
>>
>>82465502
>>82465515
>>82465539
>>82465553
you know amethyst looked and acted like a toddler when Greg met her right?
I think of it more as like a step-daughter-dad strained relationship
>>
>>82466257

I think one of the main points of Watchmen was that these people are pretty damaged.

Silk Spectre I is making excuses for him because she loved him - and remember... she's Polish, he's Irish... in their cultures, this was probably playful courting.

God. You have to wonder what it would have been like if instead of trying to rape her, he'd tried to woo her.

..He'd probably start hitting her later.
>>
>>82466830
>Anon you'd be surprised how many people don't know about the water cycle. They just assume the shit appears.

...Please tell me you're kidding. Surely they can figure it out if they give it a little thought? "Water here. Water there. Hmmm. Water evaporates... clouds are steam..."
>>
>>82465502
Crew has stated they did NOT have sexual relations, though it can very easily be interpreted like that.

That being said, this was a very good episode since Steven was there to witness this whole mess. This is the first time he sees some form of his mother in the flesh, oh my god when she turns around and looks Steven in the eyes, that was pretty messed up.

I gained a lot of respect for Steven in this episode, since even in this horrible situation, he's able to maintain his composure and speak out for himself.
>>
I really don't think Amethyst ever has had sex.

...Even though eating, being a purely sensual experience with stuff moving through her, is not unlike masturbation.
>>
File: Cartoon network leaks.jpg (57 KB, 1223x587) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon network leaks.jpg
57 KB, 1223x587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mr1gv6Ez2o

Holy fuck CN you're like a faucet lately.
>>
>>82471256
Fuck sake CN...
At least this one isn't really spoilery, except now we know Hit the Diamond will in fact be a baseball episode.

>Or you have to leave forever
That's extreme, especially for Steven. So who's he talking to? Japser?
>>
File: 1456713910956.gif (565 KB, 367x265) Image search: [Google]
1456713910956.gif
565 KB, 367x265
>>82471418
>So who's he talking to? Japser?
Lad don't joke about that imagine her in a baseball outfit
>>
File: we will destroy them.png (405 KB, 1082x999) Image search: [Google]
we will destroy them.png
405 KB, 1082x999
>>82471472
I wouldn't mind seeing Garnet's hips in virtually any new outfit.
>>
Pretty sure they were implying that when rose was gone Amy would want Greg's affection after those times of watching the old TV shows, but he was so destroyed he couldn't even look at her. Amy would shape shift into rose to see if that comforted him, and to Greg it was the best he could get. Amy got the affection she wanted. Eventually Greg couldn't keep pretending, but Amy wanted to.
>>
>>82465502
Are you people retarded or baiting?

>I had someone who was always there for me until she started hanging out with you!

She's always been the jealous stepchild. If you listened to what she said in the first place you wouldn't have left feeling it was ambiguous. She lost Rose, so she tried to get Greg to replace her. The only misinterpretation from this scene are from people who didn't/don't want to listen to whats going on.
>>
File: 1433641116258.png (172 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1433641116258.png
172 KB, 400x366
>>82471713
I'm pretty sure Greg and Amy are more like father and daughter. Amy is certainly like Rose's daughter and it was through Greg and his friends that Amethyst learned how to act human. Rose and Greg had probably more than a decade together. I imagine Greg did a lot of father-daughter activities with Amethyst to make up for him taking up more of Rose's time.

I mean, a human's first reaction upon losing his wife isn't to get romantically involved with your step-daughter, no matter how much 4chan would love to fantasize about that. Or maybe you weren't implying romance, I don't know.
>>
>>82465651

Calm down Scraps.
>>
>>82467490
not to mention that amy always enjoyed gregs company, which is obvious when you watch any flashback ep. im sure hes the one who introduced amy to vidalia one way or another.

they were bffs who were going through loss, and when greg was showing signs of moving on and trying to move on in general, amy god really mad.

i think what made her most upset was how long she had known rose, what rose meant to her, how her life revolved rose/the crystal gems, had her feeling as bad as being alone in the kindergarden again (now with no one to save her). and here greg was, the human she most got along with, was already getting over her 'death'. if he tried to give some, in her opinion, half hearted excuse about why he had to move on with his life (like steven, or how humans live a lot shorter than gems and you just have to continue your life after loss) shed morph into rose as a way to say 'oh, youre over it? ok look me in the face and prove it! here i am greeeg, your dead lover, tell me how youve moved on and dont care about me anymore'.
>>
It's hard to not think of it when it's the exact same episode Amy says "I've seen your junk before"
>>
>>82472055
Could refer to her lifting up Greg's shirt in Story for Steven or a similar invasion of personal space that came later. Just theorizing.
>>
File: Witch Doctor.png (435 KB, 361x435) Image search: [Google]
Witch Doctor.png
435 KB, 361x435
>>82471256
>Baseball episode
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82472737
We knew from the very start it'd be a baseball episode.

Whether there's subtext/the episode is an analogy for the war is up in the air but likely. That's how Sugar writes.
>>
>>82472737

>All those potential anime parodies.

I'd almost bet money that there's an FLCL reference in there.
>>
>>82466257
>>82465925
I thought that was kind of the point, Alan Moore wanted to make the audience feel uncomfortable by using flawed characters. In Watchmen normal people don't put on tights and fight crime, just the ducked up ones.
>>
>>82470522
Sanity, people
>>
File: tumblr_o0n6kmfq1c1s69s9co2_1280.png (231 KB, 1040x1026) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0n6kmfq1c1s69s9co2_1280.png
231 KB, 1040x1026
So Amethyst is the worst Crystal Gem, right

>taunted a widower by transforming into his dead wife for not watching a TV show with her
>laughed when a socially inept newbie in their group was making jokes about everyone else but threw a tantrum when given a poorly worded compliment
>is a slovenly garbage ape with a cleft lip
>didn't do her duty as the moat alligator

At this point Garnet is the only dindu nuffin gem left
>>
>>82471256
He's definitely talking to Peridot or Lapis in this scene, likely Lapis.

"You have to, uh.. play baseball! If you win you can go inside, and if you lose... yougottaleaveforever."

Only place I can think of is the temple or Rose's room. Lapis being let into the temple/Rose's room or Peridot being let into Rose's Room.

It could also be Jasper, but I doubt we're getting Jasper redemption (Jasperdemption?) in this 'bomb'.
>>
>>82465502
What do you mean?

the scene is quite clear, Amethyst changed into Rose to make Greg feel bad and make the pain of him missing her fresher and greater.

I don't see what's wrong with writing that scene that way.
>>
>>82473058
Garnet's pros speak for themselves, but Garnet can be too uncompromising. Inversely Pearl's flaws speak for themselves.

Amethyst is more down to Earth and that has benefits for the group.
>>
>>82473058
Well, she is kinda passivly the reason for homeworld to experiment with the cluster
>>
>>82473058
Amethyst also has a lot of self hate bottled up, and no real way to get rid of it.

Garnet is just constant sex
Pearl is... a Pearl, but like Steven said she's risen far above her place and is working on being her own gem.
Steven has more charisma than even Rose and is the first hybrid, so he's just feeling his way.
Peridot may be highly inexperienced in Earth's ways, but she's incredibly smart and is learning fast.

Amethyst is an orphaned runt of a gem caste designed to be big and smash stuff. She doesn't know who or what she's supposed to be, yet she has urges/feelings none of the other gems have.

That's why she'll temporarily betray the CGs- for answers about herself. She'll ultimately learn to accept herself and rejoin, but there'll be lots of drama and fighting and tons of crying.
>>
File: Hrng.png (82 KB, 635x628) Image search: [Google]
Hrng.png
82 KB, 635x628
>>82471472
Dear god
>>
>>82473403
>garnet is just constant sex

can this meme end
>>
File: 1461385564848.jpg (80 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1461385564848.jpg
80 KB, 846x846
>>82471256
>>82472737

>it's human episode
>>
File: 1450197806537.png (157 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1450197806537.png
157 KB, 500x461
>>82473797
Well how knows. Maybe he is playing against Jasper
>>
>>82466052
well, all of us love pearl, the others are lapis fags or something
>>
>>82466048
Enough with fucking ruby and sapphire.

I miss Garnet. Even though they took pains to tell the audience that she's her own entity despite being a fusion, it really hasn't seemed like it lately. I thought the whole point was thst these two hated being separate and garnet loved being garnet and never wanted to split. But lately there's been way too many episodes with ruby and sapphire. It's telling for how the show will go in the future, especially with how tumblr laps it up. Nevermind that garnet herself has been only about fusion since Jailbreak. She didn't used to be like that.
>>
>>82474506
>3
>Way too many
1 where she was split by force
1 was split by herself, but was just a split up
and the other was a flashback
keep you autism down.
>>
>>82474594
It'll just get worse and they'll come up with more excuses to split them because people like them. It doesn't help that they're terrible characters and garnet has been little more than muh fusion lately.
>>
So wait, people thought this scene meant they fucked while she was shapeshifted? I got the impression from that episode that they had fucked with Amethyst in her usual form ("I've seen your junk") but then they got in a fight and she shapeshifted to mock him.
>>
>>82466318
Seems like the gems didn't do a lot of shit to make the newspapers or stand out for long periods of time. As such their contributions like discovering the country was lost and their more grand actions wrote off as a type of magical action.
>>
>>82473669
Except she is constant sex, with all the pros and cons of such.
>>
File: 1461450140413.png (284 KB, 680x369) Image search: [Google]
1461450140413.png
284 KB, 680x369
>>82474672
>muh
just fucking stop, you man child.
>>
>>82474771
>m-muh muh
>>
>>82474771
But it's the truth, anon. I don't mind Ruby and Sapphire but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the trajectory. Those two are a pretty big hit with some fans. And Garnet has been a little too fusion focused this season for my liking. I really hope that changes. I'd rather see her talk about her experiences in the war and her relationship with Rose and such.
>>
>>82471256
Maybe Jasper is being threatening to Peridot and/or Lapis? Will she settle this for a fair game of baseball?
>>
>>82471256
what if a whole group of homeworld gems come to earth and are somehow convinced to have a game of baseball to settle things instead of obliterating them?
>>
>>82473096
> I doubt we're getting Jasper redemption (Jasperdemption?) in this 'bomb'.

Well, no, because the Crystal Gems are going to smoke her in the game and she'll agree to leave...for now
>>
>>82465968
>autism speaks
>>
File: 1460730151135.jpg (707 KB, 1170x3079) Image search: [Google]
1460730151135.jpg
707 KB, 1170x3079
>>82474919
I mean the dude acts like it's the fucking end of the world. We don't even know the context to why Garnet split and he's quick to throw shit.
>>
>>82475191
She's so perfect
>>
>>82473797
So?
>>
>>82474672
This, Ruby and Sapphire suck and they're going to continue to be shoved into episodes since so many people are obsessed with them because they're gay. I want season 1 Garnet back desu.
>>
File: 1460901150761.jpg (31 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
1460901150761.jpg
31 KB, 400x566
>>82475191
>Pearl's head in 'Back to the Barn' is bigger than in 'Laser Light Cannon'
>>
>>82474672
solution - come up with some in-universe sci-fi babel reason to permanently fuse them
>>
>>82475191

Yeesh, her old outfit was disgusting.
>>
>>82475529
>>82476384
When she's not drawn by The asian
>>
>>82476384

Pearl's redesign was one of the better choices they've made design-wise.
>>
>>82466051
I'm on my tablet.
>>
>>82474919
The entire end game boss right now is dealing with fusion and a god damn body horror jigsaw abuse fusion.

Of course its going to be fusion focused with her going off on tangents. Its an issue that plucks a weakness because staying 24/7 cool grill would be shit character development.
>>
>>82474702
What definitely happened was that Amethyst shapeshifted into Rose in front of Greg before, which may be why they stopped hanging out and put a strain in their relationship.

Some anons suggested that Greg could have fucked her in Rose's form, which I guess got other people upset at the thought of it.
>>
>>82466520
>reaction
>counting a spoilers

Holy fuck you people are babies.
>>
>>82474702
I'm pretty sure Amethyst was just kidding about the seen your junk thing.
>>
>>82475923
She actually has character here though.
In season 1, she was just the mysterious cool leader.
>>
>>82477401
for all you know Steven could be son of Amethyst and the real Rose was murdered by her, this is getting nice finally
>>
>>82477742
You must be really retarded to not understand how that picture is a spoiler.
>>
>>82475923
These episodes were written like over a year ago. So whatever input ruby/sapphire have is already in place, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>82477855
What does that have to do with what I said?
>>
>>82477798
>Amethyst is so good at shape shifting she can change color
but what about Steven's gem?
>>
>>82477829
its a fucking picture, holy fuck.
>>
>>82478001
Confirmed for retarded.
>>
>>82478030
The only thing being confirmed is you being an autist.
>>
>>82478059
If you weren't retarded you would have realized your retardation was confirmed, but alas, guess what you are? Retarded.
>>
>>82477798
that's... surprisingly plausible. maybe steven really is just rose reformed
>>
>>82477960
Amethyst transferred Rose's gem to Steven, also Greg and Rose were fairly tall, but Steven is quite short much like, you know, Amethyst even for his age
>>
File: ....jpg (32 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
32 KB, 640x432
>>82478097
>>82478059
>>82478030
>>82478001
>>82477829
>>82477742
>>82466520
Both of you, kill yourselves.
>>
>>82466048
>ruby terrified

Words cannot describe how holy shit this is. She would only act like this if something happened to Sapphire that she was powerless to prevent.

Did I call it? Did Sapphire get cracked?
>>
File: baseball.png (432 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
baseball.png
432 KB, 1280x720
Its that app again
>>
>>82478192
>>82478201
kek
>>
>>82478201
You know what I'm actually looking forward to this episode. It seems like it could be crazy fun
>>
>>82465502
> It has to be because they fucked!
Uh. No. She was literally taking the shape of a dead person to induce PTSD.

This thread is dumb.
>>
>>82471661
Amethyst doesn't get enough lewds compared to Pearl, and it fucking hurts
>>
>>82478201
>amethyst's outfit
I've always wanted this and I've only just now seen it
>>
File: lwd.jpg (42 KB, 623x661) Image search: [Google]
lwd.jpg
42 KB, 623x661
>>82478542
>>
>>82478201
So Garnet probably unfuses so they have enough players for a baseball team or something?

That's pretty dumb tbqh, I hope there's a better reason like Sapphire wants to talk to Lapis or something
>>
File: 1461212638110.png (110 KB, 273x358) Image search: [Google]
1461212638110.png
110 KB, 273x358
>>82478542
She's really hard to draw sexy for reasons that should be obvious
>>
>>82478590
That's it, I'm done
>>
>>82478637
Fuck you, based Zuke draws sexy Amys
>>
File: zuke hair.png (237 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
zuke hair.png
237 KB, 640x346
>>82478637
The reason is indeed obvious. It's because she isn't always drawn by Zuke.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 297x297
>>82478590
dude I'm in public don't do this
>>
File: ame.png (606 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ame.png
606 KB, 1920x1080
>>82478669
She usually looks good in the show, but fan artists go full retarded when drawing her, exaggerate her body type and nigger traits and give her a gross "realistic" look that doesn't fit
>>
File: 1440733511329.jpg (60 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1440733511329.jpg
60 KB, 512x384
>>82478590
>people masturbate to this
>>
>>82478774
>implying you wouldn't hit that
>>
>>82478201
CN does not give a shit, do they?
>>
>>82478826
my standards are low but not that low
>>
>>82465502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpQ_FwoPAU
>>
File: 1324963130599.jpg (136 KB, 1350x729) Image search: [Google]
1324963130599.jpg
136 KB, 1350x729
>>82466246
My interpretation was always that Amethyst offered to fuck him and he was horrified at it.
And that she's still angry and thirsty for him on some level, after all she hates herself to an extent and probably wants validation, to do something Rose did (In this case, love Greg) to prove she's just as good as her.

But it all backfired horribly since Hedgehog theory n' shit.
>>
>>82478748
Is it wrong for me to wanna nickname my Skunktank "amethyst" because of this pic?
>>
>>82466769
I don't know, Stevens powers going totally out of control and turning him into a Purring Mouther (Or Kitty that Krawls, whichever you prefer) was pretty fucking horrific.
>>
>>82479001
Yes, it's horrible and you should be arrested.
>>
>>82478939
>garnet is the best one
>squidward has a crush on steven's dead mom
>armrest is purple
kek
>>
>>82479154
>>garnet is the best one
Now that's indeed the best joke in the whole video
>>
>>82473948
Lets be honest the entire last season should just start with this
>Giant Spaceship lands with all the Diamonds on it
>Steven and his army of redeemed corrupted gems are ready
>Yellow Diamond steps out the ship
>"I am here to negotiate, we have discussed it and we will leave your PATHETIC world alone...on one condition."
>The Diamonds fuse their 4 pearls into a single megapearl, then poof her (To show they're still dicks)
>Throws the oddly bouncy gem to Steven
>"You must defeat us in a game of BASKETBALL."
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8
>>
>>82479082
that but also the emotional aspect of Greg trying to help his magical son since the gems were off on their comically small boat
>>
>>82478201
nice!

at least we'll see the midgets doing something other than arguing with each other
>>
>>82479295
C'MON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE JAM pearl.png
>>
https://twitter.com/DeedeeMagnoHall/status/727982380292579328?lang=en

At least more Jasper in 6-9 months
>>
>>82471256
>>82466048
welp, thats already like 3-4 episodes ruined. thats almost the entire bomb.
>>
>>82480149
There's not even a bomb this time around.
>>
>>82480149
>ruined
>because you know the basic premise
>>
File: 1461632757323.png (1 MB, 1352x1487) Image search: [Google]
1461632757323.png
1 MB, 1352x1487
>>82466048
>>82471256
Does cartoon network even care anymore? Do they think spouting memes is more important then spoilers?
>>
>>82479999
whose who?
>>
Why do people think cartoon network ever cared about spoilers?
>>
>>82480384
there seems to be new faces here, so of course new characters
>>
>>82480421

It's normally in a network's best interests to keep information about a new episode secret, especially in a show with continuity, as it builds hype and increases viewership. Some small leaks are obviously necessary for ads, but at this point this is probably hurting more than helping.
>>
>>82480811
those are bearlly spoilers tho
>>
>>82480826

It's not so much the little leaks so much as what they imply, not to mention the whole CN UK fiasco. The point is that most networks definitely do care about spoilers, so CN should to some extent too.
>>
>>82480883
>CN UK fiasco
What happened there?
>>
You think they weren't making the implication on purpose?

I'm willing to put money on the guess that they purposefully added in ambiguity in order to pass it by the censors.
>>
>>82480149
Hit the Diamond isnt even part of this arc.
>>
>>82480913

When CN UK released the climax of what we now know to be the next episode, as well as a large portion of another episode, each leak being several minutes long.
>>
>>82480987
Oh that well that's more of leak than what we got right now.
>>
>>82471418
>That's extreme, especially for Steven. So who's he talking to? Japser?
Given that they're playing baseball, it's probably a group of gems rather than a single character. That Ruby playing catcher might not even be "our" Ruby, since the batter and catcher are usually on different teams.

Hell, maybe it's just a group of 9 Rubies trying to hunt down Peridot, who's hiding in the barn.
>>
>>82480980
Are you telling me that CN just leaked another episode that's not even going to come for ANOTHER 3 - 6 months?
>>
>>82481114
it is, its the last one
>>
>>82481114
No. The episodes in this arc are

> Watermlon island
> Gem drill
> barn mates
> Same old world
> Steven Floats

Hit th he diamond is probably part of Summer of steven which starts after this arc ends. So they leaked an episode from next month.
>>
File: Steven and amethyst realization.png (480 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Steven and amethyst realization.png
480 KB, 1136x640
>>82481079

>Garnet didn't defuse at all.
>It's just another ruby/rubies.
>That's who was piloting the eye in the leaks.
>These baseball leaks are just a red herring.

CARTOON NETWORK!
>>
>>82481177
>steven floats is the 5th episode?
source?
>>
File: lets get back to work.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
lets get back to work.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>82481079

My guess is its Jasper. They play baseball for some reason to decide if she can stay or not. There aren't enough gems for each team, so Sapphire and Ruby split and Sapphire goes on Jasper's team. This kills the Ruby.
>>
>>82481261
It was in that article saying how steven discovers a new power.
>>
File: ruby_will_die.png (573 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ruby_will_die.png
573 KB, 700x700
How would you react to a season finale where Garnet foresees a no-win scenario and sacrifices herself?
>>
>>82481476
If you're basing this off of the statue missing its right hand, its missing multiple hands due to old age. Probably doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>82465502
Of course they knew what they were implying, the show pulls this shit all the time, it's like Ruby and Sapphire talking about their first time fusing liked they just fucked pretty blatantly in that song in The Answer, of course the crew can't say shit because it's a show on CN (I wonder what the people who go "oh no, but on Twitter Matt Burnett said..." would actually expect him to say otherwise) but like you said they're all huge nerds as well as animators (ie. chances of perversion=100%) who drew or wrote fanfics about their favorite cartoon characters fucking back in the day and that this show is def written with the tumblr demo in mind - I don't know how people can pretend it's not entirely intentional when scenes in the show can be taken that way

As for that scene - you can take it multiple ways and obviously that was the intent.
>>
File: patrick accordion.jpg (73 KB, 1197x935) Image search: [Google]
patrick accordion.jpg
73 KB, 1197x935
>What we really are

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>82481845
She meant the opening song was changing to a different part of the song when Lapis joins.
>>
>>82481845
lesbians
>>
File: 1461444706121.jpg (83 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
1461444706121.jpg
83 KB, 640x638
>>82481587
Opal doesn't have two gems on her two other arms though.
>>
>>82482039
you're thinking of the credits song
>>
>>82481845
Just like Rose eluded to in We Need to Talk, I think the gems are going to be revealed to be even more alien then we already know they are.
>>
>>82473058
That's not Pearl
>>
>>82481845
pro baseball players
>>
>>82482146
I thought Rose was eluding she was autistic
>>
>>82479001
not wrong, just super autistic.
>>
>>82482053
WTF are you talking about
>>
>>82478627
Yeah I thought so too. That butthurt anon from earlier probably feels vindicated because it does indeed look like they're coming up with dumb excuses to split them. When being parted has been said to be unpleasant for them and they never want to not be Garnet.
>>
File: 1461874762154.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461874762154.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>82484867
that's a fusion of all of them
but specifically with the four armed fusions, Opal and Sugilite, in which they get two extra sets of arms having no gems on them. However pic related and Alexandrite show where all the gems are based on gem placement.
>>
>>82482146
>>82482388
*alluded
>>
File: 1462399771874.jpg (238 KB, 1375x1536) Image search: [Google]
1462399771874.jpg
238 KB, 1375x1536
g-guys
look at the shards on the top of the bat
>>
>>82466373
>but given how small the cast is
We don't need unnecessary side characters

>steven not going to school
He has literal aliens to teach him shit like maths

>the fact they live in ruins
Only the gems do.

There's cities and shit.
>>
>>82465651
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCiFO7qV54E

>>82470522
read this.
>http://pastebin.com/GbWuapVF
>>
>>82477742
That character can only exist under specific circumstances.
>>
>>82478001
>pictures can't be spoilers

????
>>
>>82479999
Where's Estelle?
>>
>>82485456
Opal doesn't have them because Amethyst and Pearl don't have gems on their hands, and Sugilite had gems on her upper pair of arms.
>>
>>82486108
Jasperfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>82486969
She usually records in New York, same with Gregs VA recording in New Jersey.
>>
>>82486995
i wont die until i experience jasper's cock enter my tight virgin boypussy.
>>
>>82486969

She lives in Britain or some such place. Most of the time she records her lines separate from everyone else.
>>
>>82478748
An artist whose work normally expands dong will not strop drawing her with bloody stretch marks.

Why would a Gem make their form have stretchmarks?
>>
>>82486980
You proved my point though.
>>
>>82485526
You think your smart becaus you went to a fancy "colege"?
>>
>>82487044
>she has muscles therefore she must have a cock
You ain't no /freak/.
>>
>>82487996
>not wanting jasper's cock
you aren't the /freak/ but you ARE a fucking faggot.
>>
>>82465651
Still not as bad as the guy who said he wants to pinch Clarence's cheeks until he cries.
>>
File: chest-tuft.png (724 KB, 1242x1631) Image search: [Google]
chest-tuft.png
724 KB, 1242x1631
>>82488085
Wanting muscular woman Jasper makes one a /freak/. Wanting Jasper to have a cock makes you a run of the mill futafag.
>>
>>82488220
>not being a futafag
vaginas are gross and weird, give me that big thick juicy cock.
>>
ugh jasperfags are disgusting shits, if you are gonna be degenerates at least keep your gross shit on /trash/
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>82488380
>mfw im on /trash/ right now
>mfw i just came to big titty anthro ponies
>mfw you have no idea the levels of degeneracy i am involved in
>>
>>82488282
Futafags are disgusting. If you at least said you were gay, it would be okay, but the truth is that you're not, you're just brainwashed by watching 10000 hours of male cocks in shitty modern porn.
>>
>>82481784
I choose to interpret it as implying Greg and the purple trash goblin comforted the shit out of each other one night after rose died.
Primal, animal, sweaty comforting.
She has seen gregs junk before.
>>
File: 1434816434428.png (76 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
1434816434428.png
76 KB, 400x280
>>82488282
I'm a futafag AND a /freak/. I enjoy a good cock, but I want Jasper as she is. Wanting her to have a cock just because she has biceps is a sign of a shitty imagination.
>>
>>
>>82488647
im not gay, i only like feminine cock.

>>82488763
>lack of imagination meme
no, you are retarded, all muscular women should have dicks.
>>
File: 1452132976940.png (115 KB, 595x675) Image search: [Google]
1452132976940.png
115 KB, 595x675
>>82478542
>>
>>82488795
You are in denial.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.