[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man...Fuck the 80's. Seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1351925559855850787.png (582 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1351925559855850787.png
582 KB, 800x450
The 80's is a fucking overrated era of American Animation. For every Transformers/GI Joe there were 5 different varying degrees of awful shows.

Jesus Christ looks back on it I pity these poor kids who didn't have good quality shit to watch when their favorite show wasn't on...
>>
I lived through it. You know what we did when our favorite shows weren't on?

We played with the toys from our favorite shows.
>>
Overrated? Pretty much anyone into animation knows the 80s were largely shit

Hell, so were the 70s and 60s
>>
>>82464275
>For every Transformers/GI Joe there were 5 different varying degrees of awful shows
Is situation today any better?
>>
>>82464453
Today is worse than ever.
>>
>>82464275
The 90s are even more overrated. People at least make fun of how shit 80s cartoons were.
>>
>>82464471

Especially if you were a fan of Nickelodeon...You went from action to comedy/action to UTTER FUCKING GARBAGE in the span of a decade.
>>
>>82464492

90's didn't have nearly that many bad shows since you can basically name every single one of them off the top of your head
>>
>>82464275
SHOO BE DOO
SHOO SHOO BE DOO
>>
>>82464526
CALL UPON THE SEA PONIES WHEN YOURE IN DISTRESS
HELPFUL AS CAN BE PONIES, SIMPLY SIGNAL S.O.S
>>
File: shoebeedew2.jpg (53 KB, 534x208) Image search: [Google]
shoebeedew2.jpg
53 KB, 534x208
>>82464526
>>
>>82464275
80s cartoons were 100% character driven and the characters were GREAT. The writing quality sucked though and the animation was lazy.
>>
>>82464275

My major beef with 80s cartoons was that on paper, some of them had a pretty fucking cool premise that would be perfect for an action cartoon, but in the end they were neutered by Reagan-era censors and "moral guardians" and were forced to shove PSAs at the end of each episode.
>>
>>82464436
The only decent was Ducktales and maybe The gummy Bears.
Thankfully, the animated movies of that era had better stuff
>>
>>82464275
MODS
>>
File: 2jg2ihc.jpg (361 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
2jg2ihc.jpg
361 KB, 768x1024
>>82464275
>The 80's is a fucking overrated era of American Animation.
OP, your mistake is assuming that 80's cartoons' primary worth is in the quality of their shows.
Nearly every one of those licensed 30-minute toy commercial properties is still actively making money right now as we speak in some way or another. Toys, games, reboots, you name it.

How many Hey Arnold or Ed,Edd and Eddy toys do you own, I wonder. You having fun playing Cow and Chicken for the XBox1/PS4?
Excited for them Dover Boys getting the next big Hollywood adaptation?
You hyped for the next issues of the Symbiotic Titan and Motorcity comic adaptations? That Galaluna arc's nearly over, innit?

80's cartoons are shallow, gimmicky merchandising fever-dreams who's sole purpose is to excite the imaginations of children and bleed their parent's wallets of cash.
Making quality animation was only even an afterthought... assuming your favorite 80's cartoon creator thought about making quality animation at all. (looking at you there, Filmation...)

I grew up knowing full well that Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats and G.I.Joe's cartoons sucked balls. My intelligence was insulted everytime I turned on the TV as a kid. But then I turned the TV off and grabed my Shockwave figure and blew up Castle Greyskull for a few hours and built Voltron out of Legos.

Don't pity 80's kids because they watched dumb cartoons. If they survived all the drugs, war, AIDS and poverty, a few hours of COWABUNGAS and EXCUSE ME PRINCESSes is nothing.
>>
>>82465615
I know, right?
Goku wasn't even around until the 90s.

>>82465476
Pork chop sandwiches
>>
>>82465743

I'M A COMPYOOTER!
STOP ALL THE DOWNLOADING!!
>>
>>82464275
>What's the name of the Mech on the right?
>>
>>82464492
Everyone makes fun of the 90s now. it's a cycle.
>>
>>82465607
>Ducktales
Shitty adaptation of duck comics.
>>
>>82465278
>the animation was lazy

Sometimes.
>>
>>82465764
My mom put a couple gaems on it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.