[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lex Quintum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: quintum.jpg (32 KB, 280x393) Image search: [Google]
quintum.jpg
32 KB, 280x393
Have you guys heard the theory that Leo Quintum in All Star Superman is actually a reformed Lex who travelled back in time to do what Superman suggested and save the world years ago?
I just heard about this and it's honestly blowing my mind
>>
>>82447660
Yeah, the theory came up eight years ago after the series concluded. Morrison denied doing it though but does find it an interesting theory.
>>
>>82447660
We all have, even Grant and he said something along the lines he wished he had in fact thought of it but he didn't at the time, then again knowing him it's entirely possible his subconscious put it in there without him realizing.
>>
What the fuck is he wearing
>>
How'd he slim down? And get his hair back? Also, is Leo Quintum Grant's self-insert for ASS?
>>
in the all star superman animated movie, lex luthor finds redemption and morrison in the commentary states that his comic lex never redeems himself and found mcduffies alteration to the story pretty good for lex.
>>
File: Sixth_Doctor.jpg (26 KB, 250x332) Image search: [Google]
Sixth_Doctor.jpg
26 KB, 250x332
>>82447714
He accidentally mixed his white lab suit in with Dr. Who's laundry and decided to roll with it
>>
>When Lex is introduced he's giving a speech transmitted to Leo and he's interrupted by a general who asks if he's talking to himself
>His rainbow coat is a combination of Supermans primary colors (red, blue, yellow) and the secondary colors Lex wears throughout the story (green, purple, orange)
>Lex has a monkey named Leopold. Naming his alter ego after his pet monkey could show his newfound humility
>When Superman gives him his DNA Leo seems taken aback and says "I could be the devil himself"
>Literally swapped his X for an O
>Explains what Lex does after having his epiphany and being forced to live in a world without Superman. He goes back and becomes his greatest ally.
>The sweet sweet irony of Lex being the reason that Supermans legacy can live on.
>He looks like Lex but you don't notice because he has different hair and wears glasses
>>
>>82447714
Multi-coloured Dream Coat.
>>
>>82447714

He's basically SCIENCE Willy Wonka. Or is it just me?
>>
>>82447842
Leo Quintum's Science Emporium ongoing when?
>>
>>82447842
Visually, yes.
>>
>>82447824
Wow
>>
File: All-Star Jimmy.jpg (115 KB, 826x1280) Image search: [Google]
All-Star Jimmy.jpg
115 KB, 826x1280
>>82447714
A fucking masterful fashion statement. Even Jimmy Olsen could see the appeal. Jimmy Olsen! He looks great!
>>
>>82447660
That's literally just Thomas Jefferson in a coat of many colors.
>>
>>82447824
>>Explains what Lex does after having his epiphany and being forced to live in a world without Superman. He goes back and becomes his greatest ally.

I thought he was going to be executed for his crimes soon
>>
>>82447831
Nice!
>>
>theory

I'm pretty sure it's canon and Morrison is bullshitting the non-believers by claiming that wasn't his intent
>>
>>82447931
he was supposed to be executed but survived, remember?
>>
>>82447824
>He looks like Lex but you don't notice because he has different hair and wears glasses
I like this theory, just for this part
>>
>>82447915
>filename
How crazy would a Jimmy Olsen book from Morrison and Quitely be?
>>
I like the theory, if only because Lex was a little too evil for my tastes in ASS. I totally understand why Morrison did it, seeing as Lex was like that in the Silver Age, but I just prefer Luthor with his modern characterization.
>>
>>82447824
>>82448013
The implications.
If Grant had actually pulled this off it would have possibly been the first case of subtle bluntness.
Just imagine, people always say the Clark Kent disguise is nonsense and then he creates NotLex and no one notices. Leo and Lex had different VA's in the movie though, however Leo's VA was aLEXis Denisof.

You cannot make this stuff up.
>>
>>82448354
Wesley was Quintum? Sweet.
>>
>>82448354
The movie also has Lex crack Supermans DNA and be the one to give it to Leo, which wouldn't really make sense if Leo was future him. So in the movie its definitely not the case.
But how involved was Morrison in that movie? That's the real question.
>>
>>82448400
Wesley was also that jag Ronan killed in the Guardians movie.
>>
>>82448427
Given that the movie took out all the good parts I can't imagine Morrison was involved at all
>>
>>82447775
Morrison did commentary for the movie? Shit that sounds ten times better than the movie.
>>
>>82447660
A less cool but possibly more sensible theory is that Leo is an alternate universe good version of Lex that somehow ended up in that universe. Evidence for this is Jor-Els random mention of Lex-Or which was apparently an alternative universe thing where this is exactly what happened.
This one's funny cause i just imagine everytime Superman deals with either of them in the comic he's thinking 'God why is my Lex such a dick.'

Course most likely Morrison just thought a mirror image of Lex would be a cool character and didn't intend for them to be connected in anyway beyond thematically.
>>
File: 1435298843281.jpg (183 KB, 1024x875) Image search: [Google]
1435298843281.jpg
183 KB, 1024x875
>>82447824

Is this the moment where Lex becomes Leo?
>>
>>82449748
It's neat to see Lex this way. Not even in a vindictive 'see that asshole brought down a peg' type way, but to see him finally brought to his senses and to understand why Superman is the way he is. Even if it's just an Elseworlds.
>>
>>82449748
That's the idea yeah
>>
>>82449748
>thought controlled
>the Machinery and Wire
>Its all just us, in here, together
Oh shit, the Superman Thought Robot was predicted by Lex. Hypercrisis motherfucking confirmed!
>>
>>82450276
I thought the Superman Thought Robot existed since the beginning of time, waiting for Superman to use it to save all of reality?
>>
>>82447660
>hair
Not Muh Lex
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.