[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Say Chances of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: HulklingWiccan.png (430 KB, 530x545) Image search: [Google]
HulklingWiccan.png
430 KB, 530x545
>‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Say Chances of LGBT Character in Marvel Universe Are “Strong”
>“I think the chances are strong. I mean, it’s incumbent upon us as storytellers who are making mass-appeal movies to make mass-appeal movies, and to diversify as much as possible. It’s sad in the way that Hollywood lags behind other industries so significantly, one because you think that it would be a progressive industry, and two it’s such a visible industry. So I think it’s important that on all fronts we keep pushing for diversification because then the storytelling becomes more interesting, more rich, and more truthful.”

Who will they use, /co/?
>>
>>82444424
Cap and Bucky, duh.

They'll make an extra billion off the fangirl and fujoshi market alone.
>>
File: 72_26.png (241 KB, 538x296) Image search: [Google]
72_26.png
241 KB, 538x296
>>82444424
>mfw Captain Marvel 2 features ALL of Mar-Vell gay kids
>>
File: captain-america.jpg (109 KB, 1023x793) Image search: [Google]
captain-america.jpg
109 KB, 1023x793
>>
>>82444527
But they went out of their way to make their relationship in Civil War "no homo"
>>
>>82444424
I dont think they can use Wiccan and Hulking for one, Wiccan involves a lot of shenanigans with reality warping, Inmortus, ect.

I doubt they can use Hulkling since he is Captain Mar-Vell son,correct me if I am wrong, and as far as we know the captain marvel movie will involve Carol, we dont know how much Mar-Vell will be involve and how much are they going to flesh out the character.
>>
>>82444424
Well without the X-Kids, or until they get them, they have pretty slim pickings in that corner.
So I'm hoping they'll make someone new.
>>
File: waldo.png (1 MB, 1280x630) Image search: [Google]
waldo.png
1 MB, 1280x630
>>82444527
No, they'll use the other blonde Captain and her Hydra-brainwashed lover.
>>
>>82444424

>chances are strong

That means nothing, it's the equivalent of a magic 8-Ball saying "Outlook Good."
>>
>>82444424
>literally means nothing
>>
Seriously which no x-men LGBT character marvel can use that arent teens ?
>>
Theyll make Carol Danvers gay
>>
>>82444839
They can make Herc bi again?
>>
>>82444939
Works for me.
>>
>>82444839
Phyla-Vel, who has ties both to Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy. Also, Moondragon.
>>
>>82444839
...You know, I honestly can't think of one. They really are all either teens, or X-Men, or both
>>
>>82444839
Considering how much praise Marvel gets all the time, they don't really have many developed LGBT characters, huh?
>>
>>82444839
Phyla-Vell
Moondragon
Hercules (or is he FULL STRAIGHT now like Iceman is FULL GAY?)
>>
>>82444939
>Hercules

He might even get a movie if the next Thor movie fails according to Disney.
>>
>>82445020
His new writer said he was straight, which pissed a lot of people off
>>
>>82444894
>MCU synergy means that CarolXJess FINALLY becomes canon in the comics
>>
>>82445022
Hensworth's contract is up after Infinity War, they'd move on from Thor anyway.
>>
>>82444992
...Shit I was just about to cite Mr Sinister and Gambit's friend.
>>
>>82445149
>a heterosexual ancient greek
fucking what?
>>
>>82444424
Captain Marvel (hopefully) and Phyla-vell (90% chance)
>>
>>82444424
Debicki as Phyla-Vell in GotG, boom. Bonus points because Debicki might actually be lez.
>>
>>82445186
>MCU synergy means that CarolXJess FINALLY becomes canon in the comics
I would masturbate until I got a callous on my dick.
>>
>>82444629

They won't even bring up Mar-Vell in the movies. That'd undermine having a strong, powerful lady like Carol be the originator of the name.
>>
>>82445679
>Bonus points because Debicki might actually be lez.

Say what now?
>>
>>82444777
That girl to the right has a BIG head!
>>
Just make black widow and scarlet lesbians. THat way SJWs are happy and also men who want to see some girl on girl action
>>
File: 1429821955794.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1429821955794.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>82445991
> black widow
> lesbian
>>
>>82445419
Obviously Herc considers it straight because he's the one doing the penetrating.
>>
>>82444527
And lose 3 billions from american families.
>>
>>82446738
Along with some foreign markets
>>
>>82445149
I think it was the editor.
Ironically I think if no one said anything and he was written exactly as he was now no one would notice he was straight.
>>
>>82445149
>His new writer said he was straight
No he didn't. The Editor-in-Chief of Marvel said that. Abnett never weighed in one way or the other.
>>
>>82445831
>They won't even bring up Mar-Vell in the movies
Don't be a retard. Stop imagining improbable scenarios just so you can make yourself upset. That makes you no better than the SJWs who do nothing but that to justify their outrage.

You can't do Carol's origin without Mar-Vell. We already know the Kree are going to be involved in the movie and without Mar-Vell, there's no Kree connection. Not to mention the first arc of the current Captain Marvel ongoing is focused on Carol's connection to Mar-Vell and Marvel loves synergy too much to do that if he wasn't going to play a major role in the movie.

Just because he's not going to be the main protagonist doesn't mean he isn't going to be at the very least a major supporting character.
>>
Why is T lumped in with LGB?
>>
File: subbermang.png (757 KB, 498x598) Image search: [Google]
subbermang.png
757 KB, 498x598
>>82444424
Y'know, if they hadn't brought it up and just put LGBT characters in the MCU without having to virtue signal or make a big deal out of it, I doubt anyone would complain.

This is what I hate about progressivism today, nobody does it out of the goodness of their heart, or because they think it's the right thing to do, it's all about what everybody else thinks.
>>
>>82447111
Because a lot of people, now and historically, lump it all together as "sex stuff", even though it's not.
>>
>>82444424
Wanda, probably. Maybe Carol.
>>
>>82447111
Because T wasn't getting taken seriously on their own, so they forced themselves into LGB, and have spent the past few years taking it over.

Anyone from the LGB side that doesn't like getting associated with them just has the T-side label them as bigots.

Ironically, they've taken the movement to such extreme lengths in trying to push their own agendas over LGB-rights that gays are now getting ostracized within the community as being "privileged" since they're men and bi are getting ostracized as being "just straight people trying to get brownie points." A few years down the line, they'll probably turn on lesbians too, and we'll just be back to square one with the Trans community being alone, but now with all the random tumblr-tier sexualities like demisexual, asexual, and all that shit thrown in.
>>
File: whynotboth.jpg (382 KB, 594x800) Image search: [Google]
whynotboth.jpg
382 KB, 594x800
>>82447303
>>
Eh knowing marvel and what people are actually okay with. It's probably going to be Carol. If not Carol then it'll come up in the runaways (assuming they make the runaways). Though I would like to see Wiccan and Hulkling. Gays = Bad Lesbians = good.
>>
File: 47645654235647.gif (528 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
47645654235647.gif
528 KB, 160x160
>>82444424
>mfw one of the fish oil inhumans they don't give a shit about was gay
>>
>>82444424
pls pls pls let it be black panther
>>
>>82447506
Oh right, Gay Melter is gay. I'll be surprised if he survives the season.
>>
>>82444424
I'm hoping for Karolina in Runaways movie/netflix series.
>>
>>82447184
>Y'know, if they hadn't brought it up and just put LGBT characters in the MCU without having to virtue signal or make a big deal out of it, I doubt anyone would complain.
Think of it that way:
>Marvel puts LGBT characters in comics
>Makes EVERYONE know about it
>LGBT people hear it and buy the book
>DC puts LGBT characters in comics
>and just goes on
>sales fail
>books gets cancelled
>When asked turns out not a single LGBT person KNEW there is a LGHT character in the book at all.
>>
>>82447506
>>82449244

I think Joey and the girl Speedy Gonzalez are pretty cool. Together, they almost make up for Lincoln.
>>
>>82444424

> after 20 movies they still haven't made a superhero movie with a female lead
> The one they announced got pushed back to make way for Spiderman and is probably in development hell along with the Inhumans movie
> "W-we promise more diversity!"
>>
>>82444424
cap'n and spidey. well, at least until peter is legal
>>
>>82444839
Is Alpha Flight X-locked over at Fox?
>>
>>82450600
Harley's bisexual, so if they keep that aspect of hers in the movies, than together with the upcoming WW movie DC has Marvel beat on that front. Too bad everyone hates DC.
>>
>>82445011
They don't even have an iconic woman character. MCU started in 2008, they released 13 movies since then, not even one has a female protagonist.
>>
>>82450691
Of course, first appereance was in x-men, 90% of their members are mutants
>>
>>82450691
Dept. H has already been name dropped in Agents of Notcanon.
>>
>>82445022
>He might even get a movie if the next Thor movie fails according to Disney.

Maybe that's why they said he's straight.
>>
>>82450514
>>Y'know, if they hadn't brought it up and just put LGBT characters in the MCU without having to virtue signal or make a big deal out of it, I doubt anyone would complain.
you're exactly right. when Angela was revealed to be gay and her girlfriend Sera was revealed to be trans, no one cared, because Gillen handled it well in Asgard's Assassin.

>Marvel puts LGBT characters in comics
>Makes EVERYONE know about it
except that's not what happens. we've seen it several times. New comic with proudly advertised diversity........crashes and burns. because the whiny crowd on twitter and tumblr doesn't buy comics.

contrast this with the revered DnA guardians run, which prominently featured a lesbian couple. How many protests over Phyla and Moondragon?
>>
>>82450514
Nobody is buying books period, I doubt some roving horde of lesbians would have any meaningful sales impact.
>>
>>82445149
they want to make Herc really progressive show raping and having sex with animals like most of the greek gods did
>>
>>82444424
my money is on them making Carol lesbian
>>
>>82450514
For some reason Marvel hasn't really let anybody know about their LGBT characters though.

Like they did it with Iceman for some reason, sending the preview of a newly gay Bobby talking to older Bobby on Advocate. But most of it was BC, CA, newsarama, and CBR having articles on it, and for every person who did like it, you had another person who hated it.

But on the other hand, Alonso thought Herc was straight and said just that, and he also said that they don't want to "put labels" on Angela.
>>
>>82450933
yeah but we'll probably won't see Northstar or Sasquatch in marvel since they are pretty much X-men properties
>>
>>82451763
>don't want to "put labels" on Angela.
apparently someone in Marvel didn't get the memo, 'cause she's fucking gay. Queen of Hel revolved entirely around her rescuing her dead girlfriend and then exploring her tonsils with her tongue.

>hasn't really let anybody know about their LGBT characters though.
they had those two male mutants get married a while back, and even put the ceremony on the cover. The Young Avengers (Gillen run) was a 100% LGB team.

it seems like you're asking for LGBT stuff to be front and center in the marketing......which, IMHO, is not going to happen. It is, in fact, exactly what a lot of people object to. Having a gay character just to have a gay character, and who has no purpose other than to be gay, is shitty writing. Having an interesting character who happens to be gay is fine. Again, Phyla and Moondragon in the DnA run. Hell, I like Angela so much I put her on my waifu chart. I push for Captain Marvel and Spider-woman to get married every chance I get because it makes sense for the characters. DC-side, anyone remember the Authority? I sure do. Fantastic run, and it gave us the Midnighter, that glorious gay bastard.

advocacy for civil rights should be about equality, not primacy.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.