[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Peter Parker specifically a spider-themed superhero? Aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 53710b14a320b.png (49 KB, 405x450) Image search: [Google]
53710b14a320b.png
49 KB, 405x450
Why is Peter Parker specifically a spider-themed superhero? Aside from getting his powers from a spider, nothing about the abilities he got from the bite are particularly spider-like, assuming you are referring to the original comics and not the Raimi films.

>Enhanced reflexes
>Super strength
>Improved senses
>Can crawl up walls

He might as well be Ant-Man or Lizard-Man or something like that.
>>
>>82440795
He got bit by a spider.
>>
If you like the JMS run it's because he was subconsciously influenced to embrace his totemic origin and became a champion of the Spider-God.
>>
most of his abilities aren't just super X, but X proportional to that of a spider
don't forget him evolving during The Other
>>
>>82440795
>being this dense
>>
>>82440795
>so aside from [specific element] that informs the entire theme of [superhero] why is [superhero] themed around [specific element]?
>>
Why doesn't he have organic web? doesn't make sense.
>>
File: Adventures_of_the_Fly_no_1.png (210 KB, 258x375) Image search: [Google]
Adventures_of_the_Fly_no_1.png
210 KB, 258x375
Cause Lee was ripping off Kirby, who originally did a fly-themed hero for Archie Comics.
>>
>>82440795
>Why is Bruce Wayne specifically a bat-themed superhero? Aside from getting his inspiration from a bat, nothing about the abilities he got from the years of training are particularly bat-like, assuming you are referring to the original comics and not the Justice League: Gods and Monsters film.
>>Expertly-honed reflexes
>>Expertly-honed strength
>>Expertly-honed senses
>>Can glide and zipline
>He might as well be Sugar Glider-Man or Flying Snake-Man or something like that.
>>
>>82441277
Spidey was originally going to have organic webs, but Marvel was afraid it would be too gross so they went with the mechanical ones instead.
>>
Why is DareDevil specifically a devil-themed superhero? Aside from wearing devil themed uniform, nothing about the abilities he got from the accident are particularly devil-like.

>Enhanced Senses

He might as well be Bat-Man or Radar-Man or something like that.
>>
>>82443043
That's pretty lame, the organic ones are just way more apt. I get that the mechanical ones make Peter look smarter, but the organic ones kinda justify the 'Spider' thing a little more. They can surely make Peter look smarter in other ways.
>>
Why is Superman specifically a super-themed superhero? Aside from being male, nothing about the abilities he got from being an illegal immigrant are particularly man-like
>>
>>82440921
I like parts of the JMS run but the totem stuff always rubbed me the wrong way.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.