[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out, /co/. One of my biggest gateways into Marvel has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Help me out, /co/. One of my biggest gateways into Marvel has been Gillen and Ewing's work, especially Ewing's. The Loki books, Ultimates, New Avengers, etcetc. I've branched out from there, but the ideas they play with are definitely My Fucking Jam and I need more.

So, what other capeshit from other writers deals well with Ewing/Gillen's kind of themes? I'm already reading Hickman.

>inb4 Grant Morrison
>>
>>82440133
>likes all those Marvel hacks
>hates Morrison
Millar pls
>>
>>82440189
nice try, I hate Millar most of all
>>
>>82440212
>tumblr pls
Better now?
>>
>>82440253
Bruh I'm just looking for comics to read and have a nice time.
>>
>>82440275
>I'm just looking for bad comics
Fixed.
>>
>>82440298
Since when does /co/ hate Ewing?
>>
>>82440473
Marvel is where writers do their worst.
>>
>>82440492
Depends on the book
>>
>>82440913
No, a hack is a hack, always.
>>
>>82440934
Listen my guy I'm not interested in an argument, I seriously just want some comic books. If you don't like what I like, that's cool.
>>
>>82440133
Check out some of Neil Gaiman's books, particularly Sandman.
>>
>>82441275
Not tumblr-ish enough for me.
>>
>>82441275
I've read Sandman, but it's been years. May as well go back.
>>
Just read Zombo
John Smith's, John Wagner's and Pat Mills 2000AD works
>>
File: devilish entendre.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
devilish entendre.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82440997
>>82440212
>liking that
>not liking Morrison

Christ, you are such a hypocrite.
>>
>>82441319
Don't you have something better to do than shitpost your life away? Maybe try reading some comics for once in your life.
>>
File: cab.jpg (34 KB, 347x350) Image search: [Google]
cab.jpg
34 KB, 347x350
>>82441399
Yeah, like Gillen's tumblrfests...
>>
>>82441433
What makes Journey into Mystery a "tumblrfest"? Or his Uncanny X-men? How 'bout SWORD or Generation Hope? Hell, nothing says "tumblr" quite like Dark Avengers: Ares or Beta Ray Bill: God Hunter.

Oh wait, you've probably never even read anything by him outside of maybe one issue of Young Avengers.

Regurgitating memes isn't the same as reading comics. I know you /tv/ types have a hard time understanding that though.
>>
>>82441510
Fuck off SJW shill, I don't need to read comics to know he's a tumblr pandering hack...
>>
File: JNNTseu.jpg (821 KB, 2385x1834) Image search: [Google]
JNNTseu.jpg
821 KB, 2385x1834
>>82441383
The things I like about Ewing usually just annoy me when Morrison tries them. I don't hate him or anything, I'm just not that into his work
>>
>>82442307
>Ewing came before Morrison
Nice try, millarfag.
>>
File: new x-men phoenixes.jpg (188 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
new x-men phoenixes.jpg
188 KB, 683x1024
>>82442307
So you like Morrison stuff, but more shallow and with trite attempts at being "hip"?

Hey, look! It's a page from that Galactus issue from that Ultimates run you love so much.

Except not as quirky or cheap.
>>
>>82442408
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>82442408
Literally nobody said that. And Millar still sucks, dude.
>>
>>82442538
Y'know, you'd sound more like an anon genuinely trying to recommend comics and less like an ass-ravaged fanboy that anyone has the audacity not to like a writer you like if you didn't insist on throwing around buzzwords like "quirky" and "hip" to describe anything you don't like.

He doesn't like Morrison. You don't like Ewing. Why can't you just accept that different people have different tastes and move on?

I personally love Morrison, but if someone says they don't, I'm not going to start shitting on them about how "well your tastes are just tumblr garbage then and you can't understand Morrisons depth!" That's the exact mentality that everyone says they hate about us Morrison fans and yet you insist on perpetrating it.
>>
>>82442623
Have you read Gillen's Crossed? It's a masterwork.
>us Morrison fans
Oh, now you're a Morrison fan?
>>
>>82442707
OP here, different anon, etc. I'll check Crossed out, thanks.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.