[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fat Waller >New 52 Enchantress design (IE, the best design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1462208452939.jpg (153 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
1462208452939.jpg
153 KB, 576x864
>Fat Waller
>New 52 Enchantress design (IE, the best design from that entire initiative.)
>Movie Harley >>>> New 52 Harley
>Cast is just movie cast, but movie cast is good

I dunno, I think this is the rare instance where trying to be more like the movies is a huge improvement.
>>
>>82439431
I love the absolute bullshit double talk the comics creators pull when they go "Nooo, the movies don't dictate the comics!!!!"

Then you see stuff like this which is literally "Let's restart the suicide squad with the movie cast" or basically anything that Marvel's done with the X-men for the last 3 years.
>>
>>82439615
>"Nooo, the movies don't dictate the comics!!!!"

Other than Suicide Squad, this is totally the case with the rest of Rebirth though?

The Superman books are about Superman from an alternate dimension and his son, none of this shit links up with the rest of the movies/tv shows.

Suicide Squad is the exception, and it's fine because the last 5 years of Suicide Squad comics have been hot trash.
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (38 KB, 263x488) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
38 KB, 263x488
>>82439431
Jesus Christ, how did they make New 52 Deadshot look worse?

Like, he already had a shit ton of unnecessary lines, padding, weird metal pieces with holes out of them, and guns that came out of a Rube Goldberg machine. They decided the best person to expand that idea was Jim "Lines" Lee?
>>
File: SS_1_Lee_pencils[1].jpg (163 KB, 560x864) Image search: [Google]
SS_1_Lee_pencils[1].jpg
163 KB, 560x864
>>82439431

B&W version of OP pic
>>
>>82439721
>it's fine because the last 5 years of Suicide Squad comics have been hot trash.
Ryan's run took off with the not-ISIS arc and Seeley's arc has also been pretty good.
>>
>>82439721
>Other than Suicide Squad, this is totally the case with the rest of Rebirth though?

Pretty much.

I mean, you could *maybe* argue there's some potential influence between The Flash show and the little bits we've seen of Rebirth Flash (Barry training speedsters who get zapped by lightning).
>>
>>82439431
Yeah honestly I get putting Jim Lee on what DC wants to be their next flagship book I really feel like he's a bad fit for this type of title. Housestyle just does not sit right for the Suicide Squad to me.

I wish Juan Ferreyra could have stayed as the artist on this book. His artwork fit this book perfectly to a tee.
>>
>>82439939
Supergirl also.

Other than that, nothing more, really.
>>
>>82439431
why is deadshot still white? they made Wally West black, but not the guy played by Will fucking Smith?
>>
>>82439965
Will Smith is an honorary white man.
>>
>>82439952
Apparently Supergirl is joining the D.E.O., (Director Bones!!) so even then it's a pretty tenuous link.

I mean you have Cat Grant as a supporting character, a more traditional costume, and that's about it.
>>
>>82439721
The Flash book immediately started on a rehash of the show once the show got popular. The Green Arrow comic had TV arrow characters showing up in it to cash in on that.

I guess I did say movies and not tv shows so my bad there, but I hope you get my sentiment.

When MoS came out Faora and Zod showed the fuck up so you're wrong on that. Maybe BVS won't because it's trash and everyone hates it but this would be the first time it hadn't happened in recent memory.
>>
>>82440009
>The Green Arrow comic had TV arrow characters showing up in it to cash in on that.

I'm talking specifically about Rebirth though, Arrow is going full bore with the Grell period stuff. It bares almost no semblance to the TV show and the writer has made it absolutely clear that Felicity won't show up.
>>
>>82440031
I didn't say Rebirth though. I wasn't implying it's only a Rebirth thing. I even mentioned Marvel in my post.

The only other candidate at this exact time would've been BvS for DC.
>>
>>82439952
I'd argue that Supergirl is more of a return to Pre-Flashpoint Supergirl than the tv show one, especially since they have a separate book for the latter.
>>
>>82439768
>Like, he already had a shit ton of unnecessary lines
I hate simplicty fag mother fuckers like you so much.
>>
>>82439978
>Apparently Supergirl is joining the D.E.O.,

Wait, what?
>>
>>82440167
Vandal Savage's plot made her lose her powers as well and she struck a deal with the DEO that she'd work for them if they restored them.
>>
File: A Box Damn You.jpg (34 KB, 696x523) Image search: [Google]
A Box Damn You.jpg
34 KB, 696x523
>>82439431
Will it be monster Croc or secretly a nice guy Croc?
>>
Deadshots new mask thing is so ugly it throws me off the whole deal
>>
>>82440251
I don't think his mask actually looks like that all the time. I think it's just retracted back to show off his face.
>>
File: DC_Rebirth_catalog__00008.jpg (704 KB, 1248x1168) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth_catalog__00008.jpg
704 KB, 1248x1168
>>82440277
Here's what it looks like at the end of the Harley special.
>>
File: Will_Evans_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg (2 MB, 1988x2376) Image search: [Google]
Will_Evans_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg
2 MB, 1988x2376
>>82439965
You called?
>>82439978
Isn't Bones in asylum/prison/out of power?
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (78 KB, 400x611) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
78 KB, 400x611
>>82440161
>thinking something being more complicated or more intricate automatically makes it better
>thinking giving a stealthy sniper the Tin Man's legs and shoulder pads from mars works
>thinking something that looks like a Cybetronian parasite eating Floyd's face looks better than a simple white mask that emphasizes the eye, the most recognizable feature of the costume

Go play Mass Effect and cry more, faggot.
>>
>>82439965
I know his name is Floyd Lawton, but he's always been drawn like a latino in the books and cartoons
>>
>>82439978
And it's taking place in National City
>>
>>82439431
>fat waller
honestly I never had a problem with skinny waller, but holy shit her being fat again is making me so happy
>>
>>82439431
That cover's colorist is Alex Sinclair.
>>
>Be a suicide squad fan
>love Ostrander's run
>all people want to fucking talk about is how Harley Quinn is finally in a movie
>DC updates her and everyone else's look to match the film
This is fucking Guardians of the Galaxy all over again, only this time I feel the butt hurt sting that everyone felt at the way Quill was changed.
>>
>>82440297
Glad they got rid of that weird as shit boob chest plate Katana had
>>
>>82442661
This might turn out to be actually good though. Maybe.

At least Rob Williams is a good writer until Bendis.
>>
>>82443453
*unlike
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.