[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched this and it really sparked my interest - made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: justtitans.jpg (15 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
justtitans.jpg
15 KB, 199x253
I just watched this and it really sparked my interest - made me want to get back to reading comics. What's good in the DC world these days? Is the New 52 worth checking out? I'd really like to see more Teen Titans as well as maybe some Martian Manhunter as he's been pretty neglected in most of the JL animated films I've seen.
>>
Teen Titans as a whole is a fucked franchise. They've had one good run and one mediocre run while the rest is shit, Young Justice is a pretty decent book if you want something a little more laid back and fun with the teen characters of the time.

As for Martian Manhunter, his current book is pretty good. It's obviously written with the trades in mind so I'd wait for it to finish before reading it. I'd also suggest his solo book by Ostrander, Justice League International, and Morrison's JLA.
>>
>>82432305
Teen Titans and Martian Manhunter are largely neglected in the New52 books. But there a plenty of other books worth trying.

Superman and Wonder Woman had very strong starts. I recommend Morrison's run for Supes and Azzarello's run for Wondy.

Gotham Academy is fun. I've heard Omega Men is cool and gets a lot of praise here but I haven't a chance to read it yet. I recommend Prez as well for some comedy and clever satire.
>>
>>82432305
New52 aquaman is great
>>
>>82432411
Yeah I loved the Ostrander run and I really like what I've read of Morrison's JLA, which admittedly isn't much. I'll check out his current book to see if it's worth keeping up with.

As for Teen Titans, I just really liked the TV show when I was a kid and wanted to read some comics that had those same characters, you know? That's why I liked JL vs. TT. It wasn't a great movie but it was just so much fun seeing Cyborg and Beast Boy and Starfire all together again.
>>
>>82432480
I like Aquaman well enough so I'll give his New 52 a whirl.

>>82432478
I'm always a fan of Morrison so I'll check it out. And GA sounds pretty fun too. Thanks

Kind of a dumb question here but is the New 52 a totally new timeline? What should someone who hasn't read a new comic in ages know about the imprint going in?
>>
>>82432558
It's mostly a new timeline it was basicly an in universe reset of the world.
>>
>>82432498
You should enjoy Young Justice then. It's a lot closer to the tone of the Teen Titans show than really any TT comic.
>>
>Why did Raven sound like a man?
>Why did Night Wing get cucked when he was trying to increase intergalactic relations with Starefire with a lil bumpn'grind?
>Why is Damien still alive and why the fuck did the Blue Beetle not murder his ass completely?
>Why does no one acknowledge that Beast Boy turns into a demon?
>Why was the tag line of the film literally just there to drag in viewers when the JLvTT fight lasts like 5 mins tops?
>WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BLUE BEETLE ON THE COVER?!
>Why has Damien not died of cancer?
>$20 says Damien's character doesn't change at all in the next film and is still a brat that doesn't work well with anyone.

This movie man, buuuuuuut I still enjoy DC animations no matter how bad they are.
>>
>>82432706
I still say the movie could have easily played up the JLvTT angle. They could have started it with the JL already looking for Raven and the Titans were actively moving in order to stay off their trail. Could have easily spun it that it was Damian who finds them and almost blows the bucket on them until they take him 'hostage'

Could have also played it about Dick having problems with his loyalty to the old team and to Batman.

But no we had to have some stupid demon Trigon shit.
>>
The only TT comic i read is Judas Contract and some of the New 52 and that Futures End comic.
Maybe start with Judas Contract.
>>
>>82432968
Not a good place to start, just pick up the New Teen Titans trades that they started reprinting.
>>
>>82432411
You know even if the nu52 teen Titans weren't that great I liked that they prove the really unusual hero's still have a place in modern comics with Danny the street
>>
Is Damian bareable now? I gave up after SOB and whatever was the one after that called
>>
>>82433036
>Is Damian bareable now?

In my opinion, no.
>>
>>82432706
>>82433036
Troll frag Atlanta96 stop talking to yourself..everyone loves damian sorry loser.
>>
>>82433036
If you didn't like him before, you won't like him now. His good stuff is in the past.
>>
>>82433131
>>82433112
Atlanta96 you are boring..
>>
>>82433144
it is just Troll frag Atlanta96 ignore him..he is a the damian and dick hater.
>>
>>82433195
it's the "same sh*t"you're right..he had 100's of posts all spamming the same shit over ...in CBM
>>
>>82433131
>>82433177
>>82433195
>this kind of autism for someone asking about the portayal of Damian in the movie

Jesus, you guys are autistic
>>
Damian was one of the reasons I really wanted to start reading comics because Bruce Wayne having a biological son just seemed so cool to me.
>>
>>82433293
Realistically his addition the universe is the best thing to happen to Batman as a character in decades.
>>
>>82433285
Atlanta96 is a autistic..I agree..
>>
>>82433314
Damian Wayne is amazing, my fave little murder bird.
>>
Damian is above the Titans. He's been a character that has literally enhanced every book he's cameo'd in since he was created. The Titans are irrelevant and have been for years. Let them try to infuse it with a popular character who has great interactions with other characters.
>>
Damian whipped a few dozens losers and pissed off their fan bases, For Damian's team, I still expect Jon as Superboy, Wally as Kid Flash, Emiko (totally forgot about her), and then I suspect Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, and Raven will be on the team (these three, specifically Raven and Gar are very easy to promote the book with).
>>
>>82433440
Anything is better then yet another TT line-up with Tim and Cassie. They've stagnated the book for long enough. But if Damian is in the lead, they should put their foot down and definitely have him be a teen, like 13 at least and not drawn like a baby anymore.
>>
>>82433440
JL is the only DC book i religiously follow but I'll definitely pull TT if Damian joins the team. His solo had great art.
>>
I like Damien in the movies. He is a great way of getting some discussion about Batman's values.
>>
I get there are Tim Drake 2 fans out there, but it seems like a no brainer to me to have the team be about Robin, Supergirl, the most iconic sidekicks / young superheroes.
>>
About Damian's age. Well, it's time to ages him up.
>>
>>82433379
Part of team which will make his personality shine.
>>
>>82433503
I kind of like it. More Damian is always great If the teen titans cast will be the one from the movie,im happy.
>>
>>82433694
Damian finally joining the Titans and having to work alongside a Superhero team could be very interesting and fun, like it looks like the movie is going for .
>>
>>82432305
THIS is what sparked your interest in comics? Jesus fuckin christ op.
Well you're in luck, there's tons of shit comics that are still miles better than this movie was.
>>
The one thing I did enjoy about this movie was that this is the first time since the New 52 started where someone in-universe looked at Cyborg on the Justice League and was like "Nah man, go join the teen titans"
>>
The one thing I did enjoy about this movie was Damian , hate the Teen Titans.
>>
They are the losers. - Damien is to good for that shit team.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.