[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is invader Zim interesting to go back and rewatch if I put myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 21147.jpg (124 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
21147.jpg
124 KB, 1600x600
Is invader Zim interesting to go back and rewatch if I put myself in that early 00's mindset, or has it aged like shit?
>>
>>82430822
I rewatched it not too long ago. If anything I appreciate it more now.
>>
>>82431056
>If anything I appreciate it more now.

How so? I believe you, but I'm curious why.
>>
>>82430822
Fuck no. The humor still holds up, the animations fucking beautiful, and frankly i dont understand why a reboot wasnt announced for the splat.
>>
>>82431633
do you really want an Invader Zim reboot?

I'm pretty sure censors wouldn't allow anything the original show did at all
>>
Its a pretty fucked up show if when you watch and then think about it. Definitely funny though.
>>
>>82431513
There's a lot to like about the general tone and setting and a lot of the funnier jokes were bits I didn't even remember.
>>
Put in one of the old volumes a couple nights ago for background visuals/audio, ended up taking a break what I was doing to watch it.

The voice acting is great, the gags are pretty timely, and even the non-CGI animated bits are great, it's been awhile since I've seen 2D turnarounds for a whole area where it didn't seem like it was lagging or jutting, nice special effects and all. Writing is clever and well too.

It's just something to appreciate. If you liked it before, you should still like it now, even more so possibly.
>>
>>82430822
Just like >>82431056 I rewatched it about 6 months ago and it was great, the fact that it got away with a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly today is probably the main reason it's still holding up, it was really obscure for something that was supposed to be a kids cartoon
It is also very quotable, not as in going around screaming "I have a mighty need" like a fucking retard, but as in the quotes engraving into your brain, they are just so memorable
>>
It's still great. I watched it again recently.
>>
I rewatched some episodes and I didn't feel it held up to well, but then I rewatched the Tak one and that was still great.
>>
>>82430822
If you can get past the fact that most of the punchlines are screamed, its great
>>
>>82431723
If JV kept the rights, I don't think he'd ever want it rebooted. Maybe picked back up and put on Netflix to avoid censors.
>>
I rewatched it recently, it's actually pretty funny if you've managed to forget annoying kids repeating the punchlines 1000 times
>>
I love the fact that it takes place on a dystopian, post apocalyptic earth, and it's never brought up
>>
>>82430822
It's alright, it's aged fine. It was average when it came out and is better than a lot of cartoons that are out.
>>
>>82430822
On the contrary, it'll make you long for a simpler time, when LOLRANDOM Zim fangirls were the biggest threat to the internet.
>>
>>82435443
I wouldn't mind a Netflix reboot.

Well, what I want is a GOOD series. A GOOD continuation.

>>82437939
Average when out?

Dude.

Its literally the best cartoon. The best non-cape cartoon at the very least. Only Avatar can compare. And arguably, Gravity Falls
>>
If there's one thing hindsight has added to the show for me, it's an appreciation for how timely it was.
Watching it as a kid, I just knew the soundtrack was what cool music sounded like at that time.
Now I know it's industrial music, a specific style for a particular time.
>>
>>82430822
It's aged surprisingly well, all things considered. I've watched a few episodes while drunk and laughed my ass off at a lot of the jokes I'd forgotten about over the years. It also doesn't hurt that Hot Topic stopped using it to pander to edgy teens so you can talk about it and not have it turn into meme vomit salad.
>>
File: believe.jpg (18 KB, 319x231) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
18 KB, 319x231
Literally the best Western cartoon in existence

-Haruhi Suzumiya

There will be a faithful reboot. Excelsior, true believers!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.