[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This episode made me want to give LARPing a try.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
This episode made me want to give LARPing a try.
>>
>>82429778
it has intrinsic appeal
but like anything else of its sort (DnD comes to mind), it's more fun to do as pure freeform imagination instead of buttoned down with structure. if i want structure i'll play a videogame.
>>
File: 1459501223072.gif (849 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1459501223072.gif
849 KB, 500x340
>>82431904
Limitations breed creative scenarios. The structure allows for a third element outside of the control of players and GMs allowing for moments that surprise both parties. The structure also allows for more interactive play between people who may not know each other. Freeform works best with a group of people that already click. Structured allows for more variety, or at least more functional variety.

That said the over-structuring of many modern ttrpgs does kind of suck.
>>
File: stuck.jpg (71 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
stuck.jpg
71 KB, 736x552
>>82431904

Nah. You kind of need the structure. Otherwise someone will end up dead, arrested, or dressed like Homestuck characters at the mall.
>>
not to be a turbonerd, but it breaks my immersion that steve would refer to a football as a sphere
>>
File: 1345607518362.png (207 KB, 485x362) Image search: [Google]
1345607518362.png
207 KB, 485x362
>>82432378
Not sure if this is my local mall, or doing this is popular everywhere now.
>>
>>82429778
This episode makes me want to fuck Francine.
>>
>>82429778
how can one show make me want to try LARPing,
smoking pot,
remaking the goonies,
listening to My Morning Jacket,
and using my cello case as a suitcase?
>>
>>82433832
>remaking the goonies
That time has passed
>>
>>82433894
Fuck you anon, DOWN HERE IT'S OUR TIME. IT'S OUR TIME DOWN HERE.
>>
>>82429778
I've cosplayed that's like light larping I enjoy it, had alot of fun being the riddler reading riddles then doing the frank gorshin laugh.
>>
>>82433832
>make me want to try pot
You needed convincing? Fucking square.
>>
>>82429778
Nah it's shit. Fucking nerds.
>>
I used to LARP. It's fucking awful and not like shows portray it at all. Stop being so easily convinced to try stupid shit, you can't possibly be this desperate for entertainment.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.