[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The MCU is 8 years old today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Iron Man.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2878) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2878
>The MCU is 8 years old today
>>
Really? It feels older.
>>
>>82422320
And so is its target audience.
>>
File: hitman002.jpg (50 KB, 429x469) Image search: [Google]
hitman002.jpg
50 KB, 429x469
>>82422339
>>
>>82422339
See, you say that disparagingly, but you're more right than you realize. It's what has kept Star Wars relevant for years - get the kids hooked early, and they'll be fans for life. It's why the SW brand has been moving away from more "adult" projects for years, an adult oriented project would have limited appeal and draw in fewer new fans. Whereas an "all ages" appeal draws in dat 8-14 demographic, and the adult fans will buy into it anyway because they're already fans.

Marvel would be fools NOT to follow that strategy.
>>
>>82422320
>Incredible Hulk released June 13, 2008
So close.
>>
>>82422320
>/co/ was a Comics and Cartoons board 8 years ago

>>82422339
Not mentally.
>>
>>82422339
>>>>/tv/
back to your containment board with the other neckbeards
>>
>>82422478
>>/co/ was a Comics and Cartoons board 8 years ago
it was never a comic board
>>
>>82422520
It was. We read and enjoyed Annihilation.
>>
Shit, I still remember everyone freaking out about how good it was.

Remember all the edits of Tony during the Jericho missile test? Or all the edits of the Joker getting pulled over the desk in The Dark Knight?
>>
>>82422568
>I have successful privatized world peace
What the fuck happened to the sequels?
>>
>>82422633
IM was a fluke.
>>
>>82422435
>It's what has kept Star Wars relevant for years - get the kids hooked early, and they'll be fans for life
the prequels did the opposite, though. Most of the people my age think of Star Wars as that thing that old people like that kind of sucks now.
>>
>>82422694
>the prequels and TFA
Fixed.
>>
>>82422679
It really was. It was 75% improve with the actors making up most of their lines.
>>
>>82422843
everyone like TFA
>>
>>82422633
That's from IM2, though
>>
>>82422480
Hurt your feelings, m8yearold?
>>
>>82422992
>liking Abrams
>ever
>>
>>82422694
What world do you live in? For as shit as the prequels were the last thing they did was make kids not like Star Wars.
>>
>>82422694
Most pre-teen kids like the prequels and TCW more than the OT. That's what THEY grew up with.
>Most of the people my age
If you're old enough to post to 4chan, you're too old for Disney to give a shit about you. You've either aged out of their toy demographic, or you're giving them your money anyway.
>>
>>82422978

That explains why it bores the hell out of me
>>
>>82423032
go outside
>>
>>82423065
>Implying normies don't eat his shit up
>>
>>82423079
>you're too old for Disney to give a shit about you
This means that MCU fans are all children? Does Hiro know 4chan is full of underaged people?
>>
>>82423065
>being a contrarian
aside from rey and the reused plot it was a fun movie
>>
>>82423079
>Most pre-teen kids like the prequels
nigger please no one likes the prequels why do you think TFA is filled with so much nostalgia pandering for fans of the OT?
>>
>>82422568
There was a great edit of the Joker and YOU ARE VERY RUDE Dean Venture and they were shooting a laser at each other or something, I wish I still had it.
>>
>>82423117
>hi, I'm a normie trying to blend in!
Come in, we have tons of you in this board nowadays.
>>
I remember all the "They're doing Hulk vs Iron Man!" predictions

Can we do a dead theory discussion? I wasn't hugely into the MCU til Thor. I wanna know what people talked about before Avengers
>>
>>82423235
Everybody thought Avengers was going to be too unweildly and tank on release. Then it came out and this board was pure love for like a week. Multiple general threads discussing it simultaneously, various JOSS DID IT memes, that sort of thing.

It was a month or two before the contrarians started to swing the general consensus against the film.
>>
>>82423388
>argumentum ad populum
>>
Anyone have those first set photos? The one of the full armor taken at night?
>>
>>82423235
>I wasn't hugely into the MCU til Thor.
Funny, thats what took me out of the MCU.
>>
>>82423982
I thought Iron man 2 was dogshit it seemed like they just wanted to buy time for the avengers to come out
>>
>>82424759
They gave control of one of their biggest franchises to a guy who gives less than an iota of a fuck about superheroes and actively shits on his audience. They got what they deserved.
>>
>>82422320
ten more years, and I can fuck it
>>
>>82424842
It really pains me as someone who grew up on the Timm-Dini DC cartoons. All they had to do was use Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and Justice League as a template for the live-action films.

10 years ago, if you told me that Marvel would be able to bring its pantheon of characters and world onto the big screen, I would've sneered at it.
>>
>>82425107
I hope the next batman stays street level tier, solving mysteries leading up to a big bad like the penguin or that pig guy.

I just really want to see him do some detective shit and bust the regular goons like in the TAS.

There are a lot of other villains they could use other than the Joker.
>>
>>82425815

Pyg needs Dick and Damian for me. Hes too weird for Bruce.

Bruce would just break his face and drag him to Arkham.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.