[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ reviews Hush
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 224x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 224x346
/co/ reviews Hush
>>
>>82420597
It's Jim Lees best art
>>
>>82420640
OP said Hush, not ASBAR.
>>
>>82420597
It's basically Batman TAS
>>
>>82420597
Meh.
>>
Fun
>>
It feels busy.
>>
>>82420597
Is quite good for its age.

Not fully good or great. But a good reading at least and its a long reading.
>>
Batman and Catwoman kissing is good
>>
>>82420597
kinda redundant since Jason actually did come back
>>
>>82421079
when? I didn't in that time I read Hush in 2008.
>>
Beats Batman Eternal.
>>
File: Batman638.jpg (231 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
Batman638.jpg
231 KB, 600x460
>>82421100
Jason's been back since 2004 or 2005. There was a whole major storyline about it by Judd Winnick leading up to Infinite Crisis.

Pic related was the first comic I ever bought on my own, after my local video store started selling Batman and Superman comics monthly to cash-in on Batman Begins popularity.
>>
>>82420597
Selina was pretty cute.
I never finished it.
>>
Honestly like a Beginner's Guide to Batman with the way it just goes through every character's history and stuff. Makes for a decent introduction to the series, actually, even it's not great enough to be the first thing I'd recommend. Still an enjoyable read though.
>>
>>82421781

This is the way i also feel about it, its the first book i collected a story on start to finish, mainly because of Lee, its kinda stupid at parts but its a good rundown of all the main characters and villians and reads like a greatest hits of sorts.

Plus it just looks really great.
>>
I didn't care for the old dude Hush shoots
>>
>>82422112
Hush was one of the first major Batman comics I ever read, and god help me out of all of it Hugo's existence confused me more than anything else in it. Morrison was right, I'd never once stopped to ask who actually takes time to put air in the batmobile's tires.
>>
>>82422112
Nobody does, that's why he died.
>>
>>82420597
It's a pretty good Batman starter pack for new readers, I feel. Everyone and their mom appears in it, it's not hard to understand even if you're not deep into the mythos, art looks great and the story is solid.
>>
>>82421704
Edf
>>
>>82420597
IT'S SHIT

Art is decent.
>>
>>82422241
Hugo's death and the non-appearance of characters like Cassandra Cain and Azrael sort of marked the massive change in Batman editorial at the time. A lot of the old writers/editors where either fired or left and older status quo. Some things where big losses, some where unimportant, but basically it felt like everything was trying to be more like Hush.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.