[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Comics Command Structure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 146220403771827.jpg (83 KB, 419x658) Image search: [Google]
146220403771827.jpg
83 KB, 419x658
What the fuck do all these people even do? Who needs THIRTY executives for one book? Why do you need a Design Director-Books , a Publicatiom Designer AND a senior VP for Art,Design and Collected Editions? Why are there like four different guys in charge of sales and marketing? The Manhatten Project had less oversight than this book. Jesus Christ no wonder it took years to come out.
>>
>>82412802
>basement dweller explains why he knows more than anyone with a job
Cute.
>>
>>82412802
>Berganza
>Harras
>Nelson
I get physically ill everytime I see those three names in positions of power.
>>
>>82413070
Whats wrong with Nelson
>>
>>82412802
>What the fuck do all these people even do?
Their duties are right next to their name.

>Who needs THIRTY executives for one book?
The first four work on the books. The fifth kind of works on the book. The remaining do work not associated with making the book, but things like publishing, marketing, distribution, etc.

>Why do you need a Design Director-Books , a Publicatiom Designer AND a senior VP for Art,Design and Collected Editions?
Making a book is a product is a complex task and the duties of the job are separated amongst people so the product can be made and released in a reasonable time. Same as the production of anything.

>Why are there like four different guys in charge of sales and marketing?
Just looking at it quickly, one person is in charge of planning out book sales and collecting the single issues in a trade. Another person is involved in the administration for the manufacturing of the books, guessing making sure everyone knows what everyone else is doing, making sure it's operating on the timetable, etc. Another is in charge of marketing. And another is in charge of handling accounts like Diamond and digital sales. All those jobs are completely separate and it's reasonable to have four different people for them.

>The Manhatten Project had less oversight than this book.
It has less people in the Manhattan Project. (See pic.)

>Jesus Christ no wonder it took years to come out.
It takes about three months for an issue to come out.
>>
>>82412802
You are retarded. The executives get mentioned in every book because "MUH EXECUTIVES" but the editors are the only ones who actually do anything related to the content.
>>
>>82414704
I think its an ogn thing, I didnt see that mant guys for floppies
>>
>>82414609
I wws saying why you needed those specitifc 3 execs credited given the redudancy of the roles.(I.e. Running the graphic design and trade dress of books)
>>
>>82416644
It's just that they can't use up that much space in a floppy. All trades have all those names listed.
>>
>>82413138
She's the person that forced the comics division to rush a reboot. I'm not opposed to doing a reboot, but the fact that the New 52 was a rushed mess that they've had to spend years trying to fix could have been avoided if it was just planned out properly rather than this hastily thrown together mess because Nelson wanted it done ASAP.
>>
>>82417679
So she's the person that deserves public flogging.
>>
File: Diane_Nelson.jpg (157 KB, 662x900) Image search: [Google]
Diane_Nelson.jpg
157 KB, 662x900
>>82417730
...hot
>>
>>82416644
>>82416724
All these names are listed in the legal print section on the last page of every single floppy.
>>
>>82416704
>3 execs credited given the redudancy of the roles
But you have no idea what their exact roles are and what their specific tasks were for this product. All you're doing is saying "Well, this sounds the same to me!" and running with that.
>>
File: Diane Nelson Pinball.jpg (164 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Diane Nelson Pinball.jpg
164 KB, 1366x768
>>82417730
>>82418142
>YWN spank Diane Nelson over a Batman pinball machine.
Thanks for starting up my week on a down note, guys.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.