[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything in the movie thats not in the game (lore, atmosphere,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Rand C.jpg (12 KB, 200x251) Image search: [Google]
Rand C.jpg
12 KB, 200x251
Is there anything in the movie thats not in the game (lore, atmosphere, Characters, setting?) I haven't played or watched either.
>>
An extra ending scene where Nefarious becomes a robot.
>>
>>82410718
is that all?
>>
>>82410189
Nope. The game is a far expanded version of the movie. The game has roughly 12-13 levels while the movie has roughly 4 major locations.

The game is amazing, buy the game, forget the movie.
>>
>>82411012
Like for instance do we see more people on veldin in the movie or is that still in the game ?
>>
>>82411099
Veldin is in the game, although it is the opening level. There's people in the crowds while Ratchet tries out for the Rangers and he has a mechanic friend who is in the game and movie. Now, the mechanic has brother who appears on a different level called Pokitaru but not in the movie.
>>
>>82411164
so literally everything in the movie is in the game.
>>
I've never played the game. Only watched the movie.

The movie was okay for something that is very obviously an adaptation of a children's game.
>>
>>82411204
Pretty much and like I said, the game is an expanded version of the movie. Qwark gets fleshed out more, Ratchet and Clanks friendship gets more time to develop, the universe gets more time to be expanded, it;s just a better experience.
>>
>>82411422
ok sure, I was very depressed when I heard the the film wasn't up to scratch, But I glad to see the series hasn't shit itself, even if t has gone mainstream like I tought it was thanks, (it uses the same cinematics doesn't it) Im just a bit upset i can't show my mum it.
>>
>>82411503
>it uses the same cinematics doesn't it

For the scenes that are directly from the movie yes. Other scenes like the framing device for the story or scenes involving characters not in the movie are done with the in game engine.
>>
>>82410189
The movie has basically all the main plot points while the movie has the in-betweens, like:
>Ratchet and Clank's gaining popularity and making Qwark jealous.
>The scene where Drek convinces Qwark to betray the others.
>Victor Von iron's Funeral (one of the funniest scenes in the movie)
>Nefarious' backstory as the Galactic Rangers' original tech expert.
>Grim giving Ratchet a pep-talk after failing to save Novalis.
>The entire Ratchet vs Qwark fight goes different in the game. In the movie, Qwark pulls a tornado Launcher after the fight and tries to suck R&C into the vortex when Ratchet's collectible card of Qwark flies out of his pocket and into Qwark's hand, who he sees it and realises how far in the deep end he has gotten from the idolised ver. Ratchet held of him at the beginning of the movie.
>The nefarious fight is also way different (much better in the game) as in the movie he is smacked by ratchet's Omniwrench before he can kill Qwark with the RYNO, sending him to the Deplanetizer core.
>Sheep Drek being shown to have landed on his makeshift planet, taking a good view of it before the misfired Deplanetizer beam hits it and blows the planet up.
>The after credits scene where Nefarious is saved by his robots and turned into a robot himself.

Those are the ones I can think of
>>
>>82411645
The game has basically all the main plot points*

I meant to say
>>
>>82411582
>Other scenes like the framing device for the story
do you have an example? (is it the same dialouge)
>>
>>82411645
so those are not in the game
>>
>>82411669
Better yet, I'll show you. This is the opening cutscene of the game, so I'm not spoiling anything that you wouldn't know within 3 minutes of starting the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQIxZHfeng4
>>
>>82411669
Any scene where Qwark is in prison as he tells Shiv Helix the story is exclusive to the game and done in the game's engine. The Snagglebeast cutscenes are also game-exclusive.

The rest are pretty much takes straight from the movie with some parts cut.

Some scenes that are movie-exclusive are >>82411645
>>
>>82411714
Exacty. I made a error at the beginning, but what I meant was that the game has the basic plot point and key scenes while the movie also has more of the character-centred and conversations.

Also, another scene I missed to mention was The entire ending after Ratchet, Clank and Qwark escape the Deplanetizer is NOT in the game, as it immediately cuts to Qwark finishing his story which was the framing device for the game (The idea is that the game is Qwark telling a fellow prisoner about what happened in the movie)
>>
>>82411720
cool, is that the game engine or the full CG?

does the movie open the same with ractchet sneaking
>>
>>82411790
am I missing much?
>>
>>82411720
I always dreamed of been arrested by you
>>
>>82411809
That is the game engine and no, the movie opens differently.
>>
>>82411866
how does it open?
>>
>>82411809
The movie opens similarly with that ratchet but not exactly. We see more of Ratchet goofing around playing pretend of being a ranger, as well as him and grim fighting more about him going to the trials. also there's a whole scene of Ratchet testing that ship wth the client only to go awful.

>>82411831
Well, if you feel the game's plot feels a bit dry, try to watch the movie after. Same the other way around.

If you like R&C, you'll enjoy the movie a lot more than the general public, and it's not as horrendous as people make it out to be in my opinion (some people comparing it with Norm of the North seems a bit TOO severe if you ask me), however I do admit it has a lot of problems.

However, if you played and watched both you get a fuller experience out of it.
>>
I'm glad the game is good, too bad this movie existing will probably prevent any future movie based on the franchise. It looks like it has potential.
>>
>>82411936
>>82411954
a netflix series would be great
>>
>>82411936
I liked the movie, though I went in as a fan of the series. It's not amazing, but I mean... fucking Norm of the North? REALLY? I thought the movie looked great considering how small the budget was.

The game IS pretty awesome though. Not my favorite in the series (A Crack in Time is gonna be REALLY hard to beat), but still great.

But yeah, if you want the FULL story, see the movie AND play the game. The movie's not nearly as bad as critics make it out to be. If you're not a fan of the series, I'd say it'd be mediocre at worst.
>>
>>82411936
how about a game that splices all the cinematics of the movie andyou can actually play through?

would that work?
>>
File: courtney.jpg (84 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
courtney.jpg
84 KB, 576x720
>>82412004
>A Crack in Time

I think you spelled Up Your Arsenal wrong my friend. Easy mistake.
>>
>>82412004
>>82412024

Actually I thought Tools of Destruction was the best (do i have bad taste)
>>
>>82412047
No you don't have bad taste, it's your opinion. I disagree but I do like Tools of Destruction.
>>
>>82411954
I agree. I could see a sequel fixing a lot of the movie's mistakes but that now has a low chance of ever happening.

>>82411987
I always thought Ratchet & Clank would work a lot as a show more than a movie, as you have a bigger range to play with planets, characters and weapons. Heck, you could totally do a netflix show set post-the movie and use elements from all the games in new ways, not restricted by a movie's length.

Though it may be just me, but I'd prefer it t be actually animated rather than CGI, mostly because I don't think TV CGI cartoons have achieved that level where they look good and not cheap (The movie barely could handle crowds, imagine how barren everything in a TV show'd look!)
>>
>>82412024
UYA is probably my second favorite, so!

>>82412047
Tools is great too, Captain Slag and Rusty Pete are probably my favorite villains in the series.

I think my only problems with the movie were I would've liked it to be a little funnier (it's funny, but not every joke hits) and the new Galactic Rangers are kind of pointless, I don't think anyone would miss them if they weren't brought up again.
>>
File: 4.jpg (149 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
149 KB, 400x600
>>82412024
Not same anon, but I have both as my no. 1 I can't really pick one over the other due to the differences between the Original and Future series. (which I like both)

UYA is my favorite original while ACiT is my favorite of the Future series.

>>82411987
I once imagined a R&C cartoon with Derrick J. Wyatt behind character design (TF animated, Scooby doo Mystery Inc, Ben 10 Omniverse.). I feel his style is actually quite similar to CreatureBox's character concept art of the Ratchet games, like pic related
>>
>>82412157
Yeah, the pirates were a hoot.
>>
>>82412164
>a R&C cartoon with Derrick J. Wyatt behind character design (TF animated, Scooby doo Mystery Inc, Ben 10 Omniverse.)

Actually...I wouldn't mind that, honestly. Wyatt's style always looks awful in concept or promotional art but looks way better once implemented into the show with motion. And given Ratchet & clank's more alien designs it'd look way better than when he tries to do people.

Too bad that given it was Rainmaker who made the movie, they probably would be given the rights to a show and we'd get some crap like their reboot of Max Steel.
>>
>>82412157
>Galactic Rangers are kind of pointless, I don't think anyone would miss them if they weren't brought up again.

I agree, though I did enjoy Elaris the most out of them. She was level headed, slightly qwirky and seemed a bit more diverse than the other two; Brax being just the generic "tough guy" and core the "tough gurl power"
>>
>>82412275
Cora*
>>
>>82412275
Doesn't hurt that her voice actress, Rosario Dawson and arguably Brax's too are the only new cast members who seem to care.
>>
>>82412361
Did John Goodman give half a fuck?
>>
>>82412164
Man, I fucking LOVE Creaturebox, their art is great. I'd kill for an Art of Ratchet and Clank book, I remember being so disappointed when I saw the comics weren't drawn by them after seeing the awesome cover art.

>>82412361
Dawson and Thorne did their voices for the game, at least.
>>
>>82412399
He was fitting, but his character has barely any screentime beyond the first parts of the movie and a bit near the end.
>>
Will insomniac release the cut scenes that aren't in the game as DLC for the game?
>>
>>82412399
Let's just say that he didn't exactly give a Sullivan from Monster's Inc.level performance.
>>
>>82412402
Dawson was just as good in the movie as she was in the game and Thorne while I didn't love either performance from her, she does adequate.
>>
File: 1461635467916.jpg (608 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1461635467916.jpg
608 KB, 1440x900
>>82412434
I'm not sure there would be much point.
However, I would be interested in seeing some extra content added to the game as DLC (maybe an arena or some new planets)
>>
I hope they use this opportunity to do a full reboot, you know. Wipe the slate clean. I mean in this universe, Qwark is far more compassionate and on much better terms with Ratchet and Clank than he ever was in the original. The Galactic rangers are completely different, Nefarious backstory has changed and Neftin Prog is in the Solana Galaxy. They should run with that.

The next game shouldn't be a remake of Going Commando but an all new story.
>>
>>82412434
Doubt it.
>>
>>82410189
The movie is literally the cutscenes from the game except polished and an extra scene or two.
>>
SO the story is told better in the game, and the characters are fleshed out better in the game ( its the whole quark perspective looks off-puttinf, hes not a narrator is he?)
>>
>>82414085
He is the narrator but actually a very reliable one. He tends to give Ratchet and Clank their due when describing their accomplishments.
>>
>>82414243
how often does he narrate i mean
>>
>>82415411
Alot at the beginning where he's teaching controls, only once in a blue moon after the 3rd level or so.
>>
>>82415436
so, just turtorials and the odd joke, he dosen't take the viewer out of the experience
>>
>>82415511
>>82415436
I mean, as a viewer/player you feel closer to ratchet and clank than quark
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.