[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (389 KB, 661x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
389 KB, 661x500
My DC Rebirth pull list's almost full, only one slot's left. But I can't decide wether to take Wonder Woman or Aquaman.
I've never read anything WW outside of JL, but I'm interested to read more about her. On the other side, Aquaman is great and Peter Davids and Geoff Johns runs are genius.
Any recomendations what i should try?
Info: Here's the rest of my after Rebirth pull list from DC:
-Superman
-Action Comics
-Cyborg
-All-Star Batman
-JL
-The Flash
>>
>>82409272
Rebirth Wonder Woman seems more promising than Aquaman so I'd go with her.
I'd also remove Action Comics because Jurgens
>>
>>82409378
Really? Why? I like Jurgens, his Lois and Clark series is really good and I'm excited to see where he takes them next.
>>
>>82409272
I'd try Super-Man. It looks like one of those projects where writer invest everything and book gets cancelled after eight issues.
>>
>>82409542
Thats exactly why i don't want to invest time and money in it. Just when i really start to like the character, it get's canceled.
>>
>>82409607
> Just when i really start to like the character, it get's canceled.

it's not true that you started to appreciate his character. You only have pity for how they have treated him.

The deaths are always regretted at their funerals.
>>
>>82409272
>only one slot's left
Do you usually assigns yourself an arbitrary number of slots to fill on your pull list? Why not just read what you like?

Anyway, lots of people are hyped for Rucka on Wonder Woman. And Dan Abnett has been on Aquaman since issue 49 already, so you could just pick up those issues and see if you like where he's going.

>>82409455
Most people find Jurgens incredibly unremarkable. While I've never read anything by him that I thought was terrible, he's also never compelled me very much.
>>
>>82409272
Both look solid, but WW just edges it out for me because I love Nicola Scott's art
>>
I'm personally on edge about WW and Aquaman as well.

Probably the biggest thing going into Aquaman is that it'll have a new art team, so Abnett's current run (serviceable writing with not-too-great art) might be a lot better.

Overall, I have no idea. The crappy thing about the shift from DCYou to Rebirth is that if it seems like a lot of series aren't at their best (art-wise or story-wise), it's probably intentional, or at least a growing pain of setting the talent up for Rebirth.

If you've never cared about WW, then I suppose there's no real reason to start now. Rucka's WW run has never really caught me: he has his own idea of what Diana could be, but it just has never been my cup of tea. Rucka, IMO, is better suited for more grounded-by-nature stories, as opposed to superheroics. Still, art by Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp is a big draw.

I'd personally add in the main Batman comic. I've said this before, but even if you detest Janin and Finch's art, King has shown (in, for example, Grayson #5) that he's capable of using their art to the best degree possible.

As for the monthlies, I think the Batgirl books look promising, both art-wise and writing-wise.
>>
Look's like everyone wants you to take that Amazon dick, OP.

Hope you like loving submission.
>>
Get Aquaman and read Wonder Woman in trade it ain't going anywhere.
>>
I just read Wonder Woman Earth 1 and came to the conclusion that she's just not for me. So Arthur wins i geuss.
>>
>>82411974
WW Earth 1 has nothing to do with main WW
>>
>>82412034
I know, but it's the same character.
>>
>>82412094
Understandable, but that could also just be Morrison's writing, which, IMO, wasn't great for Earth One.
>>
>>82412094
Rucka is 10000x better at Wonder Woman than Morrison
>>
>>82409272
>No Green Arrow
>>
>>82409272
Drop one of your books and pick up Deathstroke. Don't care if your interested in the character, just look at who's writing. Christopher fucking Priest.
>>
>>82412094
It's a different take on the character. Morrison is going for a Marston style Wondie. Rucka prefers the perez style wondie.
>>
>>82409272
>Wonder Woman or Aquaman
Wonder Woman.

>-Superman
>-Action Comics
>-Cyborg
Drop one and go for Deathstroke.

>-All-Star Batman
Get the main Batman title instead.
>>
>>82409272
People are really excited for WW because of Rucka so I would check that out.

Aquaman is being written by Abnett and drawn by Brad Walker both people worked on GotG. Abnett is hit or miss but some of his pre-Rebirth Aquaman is out and IMO it's been good so far.
>>
File: gotg4.png (2 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
gotg4.png
2 MB, 768x1024
>>82411396
The new artists for Rebirth Aquaman is Brad Walker, whi also did pic related and worked with the last volumes of DnA's GotG and did Sinestro Corps with Bunn.

He's pretty solid in my book.
>>
>>82410494
>Do you usually assigns yourself an arbitrary number of slots to fill on your pull list? Why not just read what you like?
Budgeting, I'd wager.
Comics can add up, even more so now that DC is double-shipping so many titles.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.