[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any chance of the movie getting him right? Somehow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: professor-zoom[1].jpg (49 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
professor-zoom[1].jpg
49 KB, 240x320
Is there any chance of the movie getting him right?

Somehow the TV show did.
>>
>>82402614
The movie better not focus on Zoom.
I want the Rogues, nigga.
>>
>>82402641
>Implying they wont shoot their load in the first movie in order to capitalize on the TV show
>>
>>82402614
the tv show got him right twice.
>>
>>82402641
This. I'm happy enough with Wellsobard as our live action RF for now, the Rouges are in need of a good adaptation after the TV dropped the ball on them.
>>
>>82402701
>Twice
>Implying Season 2 got anything right
>>
>>82402766
I meant Wellsobard and Original flavor Thawne. Not Jay
>>
>>82402614

every cape movie ever the first solo film the hero fights an evil version of themselves

>evil superman (Zod)
>evil ironman (Iron Monger)
>evil antman (whoever the fuck that guy was)
>evil captain america (redskull basically captain nazi, used same super soldier serum)
>evil thor (his brother, so basically ya, evil thor)
>evil hulk (abomination)
>evil wolverine (sabertooth)

and so on
>>
>>82402614
Well first off WB would have to make a decent DC movie for their new universe, but thats another discussion. But honestly OP lets hold off on Thawne and give the Rogues, specifically Cold and Mirror Master, a chance to shine. Though knowing our luck we'll probably get Daniel West RF
>>
>>82402614
There's no way the movie could pull off Thawne mentoring/manipulating Barry in a way that would have as good a pay off as the show, because there's so much more time to build up Reverse Flash as a sketchy futuremonster.

They really ought to take a chance on a different villain.

But they won't because this is the Snyderverse and only the biggest and most well recognized need be considered.

If they actually abandon the TV show premise of Thawne as a guy in a wheelchair, and just say, have him murder Iris like a total dick, there's potential.
>>
Personally how I want to see it.
>Movie 1
>Starts off with Mother killed, hints to it being Zoom
>Main bad guy are the rogues though who are a serious threat
>Movie 2
>The rogues are now minor characters that show up at the beginning of the 2nd movie and are stopped again just to show how much faster and more powerful flash has become
>main villain is Grodd with him hinting to Zoom
>Wally introduced but doesn't get powers yet
>Movie 3
>Starts with Baaaaaaaaaarrry in zooms voice
>Wally get's powers
>Zoom reveals how he pretty much fucked up Barry since the beginning
>Zoom is fucking unstoppable, even fucking over other JL heroes
>It takes the death of his wife (And she stays dead) and nearly killing Wally for Barry to stop and kill him

>COIE cross over event
>Barry dies and gets replaced with Wally who is the MC of the movies from now on
>>
>>82402852
>evil thor
He didn't fight Jane.
>>
>>82402939
Awful
>>
File: 1454631999099.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454631999099.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>82403135
L-Lets see you do better
>>
>>82403300
>Movie 1
>Boomer as the main villain
>Zoom as the secondary villain

>Movie 2
>Cold as the secondary villain

>Movie 3
>The Rogues as his henchmen
>>
File: CaptainBoomerang.jpg (562 KB, 1101x1642) Image search: [Google]
CaptainBoomerang.jpg
562 KB, 1101x1642
>>82403435
I approve. Only he has the power.
>>
File: CaptainBoomerang2.jpg (508 KB, 1095x1630) Image search: [Google]
CaptainBoomerang2.jpg
508 KB, 1095x1630
>>82404273
>>
>>82402751
It's such a shame considering television is the perfect format for building the Rogues.
>>
>>82404933
It is. The Rogues are best when you get to slowly develop them and have them behind the scenes a lot without necessarily being the focus of the story. Serial formats are perfect for that.
>>
>>82402852
Is Flash the hero with the most arch-rival evil-versions of themselves? Many heroes I'm familiar with, their arch-rival is something else. But there seem to be so many damn evil and not-exactly evil speedsters around, speedforce and otherwise.
>>
File: shut up and take Thaal's money.jpg (54 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
shut up and take Thaal's money.jpg
54 KB, 600x375
>>82403435
Fund it!
>>
File: eyes.png (63 KB, 500x150) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
63 KB, 500x150
>>82402614
>implying Evil Version of Hero is ever interesting
Explain yourselves, Zoom fans.
>>
>>82406518
Superman: Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Subject Zero, General Zod, Ultraman, Composite Superman, Superboy-Prime, Vartox(not really evil, more of a friendly rival)
>>
>>82406705
>Superboy Prime
>evil
>>
>>82402852
The villain of the Wolverine movie was Silver Samurai.
>>
>>82402614
Movie 1:Rouges
Movie 2:Grodd with the Rouges helping Flash
Movie 3: Proffesor Zoom

fuck you CW call him Proffesor Zoom
>>
>>82404933
It sucks man. After Rouge Air ended with most of the Metas escaping I had hope that we'd see some version of the Rouges in s2, instead most only Cold, Trickster and WW showed up and their appearances felt like afterthoughts.
>>
>>82406641
Zoom is interesting; his motive of considering himself heroic and wanting to make heroes better is pretty different.

If you meant Professor Zoom, he isn't as compelling a character but he's a lot of fun (and scary) for his pettiness and stalkish behaviour.
>>
>>82406705
half of those guys aren't evil
>>
>>82406797
>call him professor zoom
Good luck with that in the Snyderverse, they wouldn't even call Bruce Batman.
>>
>film starts somewhat normally
>around 25-30 minutes Prof Zoom kills Iris
>Flash is pissed af, there's a hype fight between them
>Flash fucking vibrates his hand through Prof Zoom's heart, he falls down it's over
>lotta time-travel, yadda yadda
>scenes and fights taking place in the 25th century
>Booster Gold cameo or mention like Lex in MoS
>>
>>82407147
>Fuck it, let's have the climax halfway through the film and then have him fuck around in the future for an hour.

Yeah... Nah.

Unfortunately the trend is to have evil mirror version right from the get-go, but it would be great if they could set him up as a threat down the road. The Rogues are just such a great and unique group of baddies for a superhero film, blue collar guys just looking to make a buck.

Have a handful of Rogues, maybe Cold, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard. Have them plan the heist of the century. Next film have Grodd or someone, set up Zoom's transformation. Third one, you can do Geoff Johns' Rogue War storyline, with Zoom and Barry caught in the middle.
>>
So what if the reverse flash...

Was actually Wally West!
>>
Can we have a superhero movie where we don't need to see how he gets his powers? Can this movie start off like, 2 years into life as The Flash? Can the Big Bad be I don't know, Mirror Master?
>>
>>82406740
Even though most people hate origins, it was first. So their point of sabertooth still counts.
>>
>>82406518
Barry has Eobard and Daniel West.

Wally has (had) Zolomon.

Jay has Clariss

That's it. The only other evil Speed Force guy is Savitar and, despite being awesome, he was only ever used that one arc.
>>
>>82402852
Not Spiderman. Since that would be Venom.
>>
>>82408428
Well yeah, he died not long after that too.
>>
Batfleck needs an origin movie. One where he faces the Court of Owls, and end with an "epic" battle between him and Owlman, who is someone that isn't his shitty long lost brother that literally nobody has any real reason to care about
>>
>>82408272
No.
>>
>>82408428
Bart had Inertia, and there was also the Blue Trinity, Hot Pursuit, the Top, Turbine, John Fox was antagonistic at first, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>82408630
He said arch rival/evil version of themself so none of those count aside maybe Inertia. And even then most of them aren't Speed Forcey aside from, what, Lady Flash from Blue Trinity?

John Fox wasn't evil or even really an antagonist. Just a usurping, desperate, pathetic guy who Wally sets straight. He eventually comes back as the 853rd century Flash.
>>
We already know what we are getting.

>EOBARD THAWNE: Central City’s Bill Gates. CEO of Thawne Laboratories. The smartest man in the room. He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.

>LEN SNART: An ex-military operative who turns out to be working for Thawne.
>>
>>82408691
That's a rejected pitch from 2013 goddamn stop reposting this.
>>
>>82408697
No, it's not. Let go of your denial.
>>
>>82408630
>>82408677
John Fox started out as a heroic or neutral guy trying to get the Flashes' help to save his world. Then he became a bit of a weasel.
>>
>>82404299
>>82404273
How come he doesn't do this on the CW shows?
>>
File: Flash Film.png (72 KB, 1403x1005) Image search: [Google]
Flash Film.png
72 KB, 1403x1005
there's a twist at the end, I doubt you'll like it
>>
>>82411328
Believable.
>>
>>82406518
Yeah probably. He's so OP, that the only way to beat him is with his own powerset.
>>
>>82411328
Interesting idea, plot allows for IT WAS ME BARRY, 8/10, good work anon.
>>
>>82406705
>>82408428
>>82413528
>>82406518
Batman has to many anti batmen to list
>>
>>82408505
Make Jason Todd the Talon
>>
>>82414021
>Joker tortures Jason a la Arkham Knight
>rather than getting brainwashed by Joker, Joker really does just leave him to die
>But the Court takes him and brainwashes him into the Talon

Fuck, I'd like it. It'd be hard to make him become Red Hood afterward without sorta forcing it though.
>>
What do you guys think of a psycho esque start where

Movie begins and we follow eobard thawne for 20-40 minutes, as he develops as a character, we begin to feel emotionally attached to him (but we do not yet know its eobard/ maybe general audience doesn't know, ie he can be pretending to be flash.) Then it is revealed he is the villian and we don't know what the fuck to think when he starts fucking up the time line.

thoughts?
>>
>>82406904
>Wouldn't call Bruce batman
It was in the fucking title you dingus
>>
>>82403435
I still can't believe Captain fucking Boomerang made it to the big screen
>>
>>82416575
I'd like that.
>>
>>82417571
>>82416575

i'm not exactly a screenwriter nor can I pretend to be but I'm sure someone here could come up with a rough draft in a few minutes that would be decent. I think this would be a cool dichotomy of rooting for the good guy but understanding the villians cruel intentions.

Flash movie can be sick and start anywhere desu with the timeline
>>
File: 1461557362329.jpg (18 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1461557362329.jpg
18 KB, 720x400
>>82402614
So why did he dedicate his life to fucking over Flash?
>>
>>82419278
>So why did he dedicate his life to fucking over Flash?
He has nothing better to do..
>>
File: 4148369-f13.jpg (57 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
4148369-f13.jpg
57 KB, 480x480
>>82419278

Thawne was a scientist and Flash's biggest fan in the 25th century. He put on Barry's old costume, which gave him the speedforce, and went back in time to meet him. He arrived after Barry died stopping the Anti Monitor, but tricked Wally into thinking he was Barry. Then he learned in the Flash museum that he was the Reverse Flash, so he went crazy and Wally sent him back to the. Thawne lost his memory of the incident, except for the hatred of the Flash, so he dyed the suit yellow and red and wrekced havoc trough time.
>>
>>82420693
*future
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.