[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
League of Legs 2: Arms Race With Legs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
looks like we're going to be getting a third Lady Legasus episode folks;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EP3UdvTp30

http://teen-titans-go.wikia.com/wiki/Arms_Race_with_Legs
>>
So yesterday I actually decided to sit down and watch an episode for the first time (it was the yearbook one) and it was funny as shit.

is the only reason some people don't like this show seriously "IT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"?
>>
>>82393312
not the only reason, but people do overblow about how bad it can be, really most episodes are decent, and some are great(along with the two Lady Legasus episodes so far, Oil Drums was also fantastic, and while I haven't seen it yet I've heard the Justice League two-parter was supposed to be good), although I think they need to dial back on the episodes mocking fans of the original series and/or Young Justice a tad, it's starting to get a little old
>>
>>82393409
Watch 40%, 40%, 20%.
>>
>>82393312

>Too Mean-spirited/Not deep/comfy enough when compared to CN's other shows
>Robin
>>
>>82393312
>is the only reason some people don't like this show seriously "IT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"?
That and the fact that its humor is hit and miss (largely miss) and the creators and far too up their own asses to actually take criticism and instead just decide to piss off fans of the original with strawman arguments when they have long since stopped watching it. They seem to have made their peace with 40%, 40%, 20% acknowledging that the original was the superior show and that TTG is just some silly spinoff that doesn't taint the legacy of it and is just some dumb show made by retards after that they sort of eased off on the bashing.
>>
>>82394086
it's a show designed for 5 to 8 year olds if you are an adult complaining about it you need to re-examine your life
>>
>>82394269
Sup TTG writers
>>
>>82394269
>it's a show designed for 5 to 8 year olds
I love this meme
>>
>>82393312
I just don't find its humor funny. Still miles above nuPPG.
>>
>>82394086
>the original was the superior show

I will never get what you children see in that abomination.
>>
>>82394393
>I will never get what you children see in that abomination.
Congrats! You now know how non-retards feel about TTG.
>>
>>82394423
why did you reply to such obvious bait damnit
>>
>>82394423
They can't be non-retards, they like the original Teen Titans.
>>
>>82394469
>they like the original Teen Titans.
Yeah the comics were terrible that's true but what does that have to do with the 2003 TV series?
>>
>>82394086
Pissing off the fans are the show at it's best
>>
>>82393312
I genuinely think it isn't funny.
>>
>>82394529
You didn't even know there was a comic book until you came to /co/.
>>
>>82394565
Nah, Return of Slade is one of their worst episodes and only fart fetishfags like 40% 40% 20%. Get Serious was the only time they hit the mark and it wasn't even about making fun of the fans.
>>
>>82394635
I highly doubt you've even read the comics.
>nb4 Judas Contract was good
>>
>>82394643
40% is the episode with "The Night Begins to Shine", anon.
>>
>>82394680
>"The Night Begins to Shine
Oh that was a good one
>>
>>82394423
The last episode was pretty fucking neat, hope they will make some more educational episodes in the future.
>>
>>82393312
Nah, it has its moments but most of it isn't funny and some parts are just plain weird. And it's not even that it's "meant for children" or w/e because they seriously have episodes about pyramid schemes and owning rental property which children won't understand and adults don't find funny.
>>
>>82394779
Yes that was really good but man did it hurt
>>
>>82394811
They're just not afraid to experiment. As a result some of episodes fall flat. But when they get things right, the result is pure gold imo.
>>
I can't hate this show because the people behind it just don't give a fuck and because its so popular they can get away with so much and experiment. It's a very hit or miss show and is not for everyone but its sadistic humor appeals to mind.
>>
File: Raven.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Raven.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
Raven has the best feet.
>>
Robin was cute.
>>
>>82394811
>they seriously have episodes about pyramid schemes and owning rental property

True story: The first time I saw the pyramid scheme episode was immediately after some guy at the place I work tried to get me to buy into one. I found the episode hilarious, by the way (the episode's writer absolutely nailed it, especially the bit about how these schemes ask for an initial $100 fee and how self-serious and absurd pyramid scheme recruiters can get).

I think the reason TTG humor is occasionally hit-and-miss is because certain episodes require of the viewer certain experiences or familiarity with certain topics that are not necessarily universal. But if you happen to watch an episode knowing what it's really about, it can get all sorts of funny and even somewhat informative.

Take the "Two Bumble Bees and a Wasp" episode for example. Superficially, it comes off like just another weird-for-weirdness' sake episode. But if you go into it knowing that it's poking fun at all the hype over all the new and emerging cryptocurrencies, it becomes so much funnier.

I'm not saying all episodes are like that, of course, some of them are just dumb fun and the writers occasionally flub the landing and some are just lazy (I didn't like the real estate episode myself). But I think a lot of kids who don't like it right now might end up changing their mind when they revisit certain episodes when they become older.
>>
>>82394269
>it's a show designed for 5 to 8 year olds

So that excuses it being a shit show? Next episode is literally a rehash of the legs episode, how can you even defend this?
>>
>>82396522
>implying seeing more of raven's creamy legs is a bad thing
>>
Does anyone know if they toned down on the stupid singing shit
I feel like this show can be funny at times
But torture humor and pissing off the fans a bunch has overstayed their welcome to be used as material
>>
>>82393226
This whole Lady Legasus thing is gonna be canon in DC comics here in a couple of years.
How does everyone feel about that?
>>
File: 214-2.png (18 KB, 181x199) Image search: [Google]
214-2.png
18 KB, 181x199
I havent kept close track of Teen Titans Go but this was my experience:
When I first saw TTG it had some good episodes. I dont mind the way they simplified and I guess flandarized the characters. It works for a comedy take on the show.

Then I stopped watching for a while and went back into it. I did not crack a single smile over the course of 5 episodes. And the authors trying to attack their critics in an episode, suggesting people only like the old series cause they saw it as a kid is some of the most unprofessional shit I've seen in a long time.

I never saw the show when it aired here and didnt see it till my late teens. it was a good show. TTG still has its moments, but theyre few and far between.

also, I dont understand why people like the lady legasus costume. I think its kind of bland, but whatever. If people want it I draw it.
>>
>>82396612
>torture humor

Hi, MrEnter!
>>
>>82394086
>just decide to piss off fans of the original
are they ever really doing that?
Most of the time it's more lite humor at things or just poking fun at how much of any "serious" topic can be a bad thing

Even in "Return of Slade" I think the message was a mix of just saying leave the past in the past and that edging up anything from childhood memory has poor results, hell some of it's references were DKR which has nothing to do with TTs but has always been seen as one of the millstones where comics got "mature".
>>
>>82399373
I've long thought she'd be perfect for that Hippie world DC has floating around in the Multiverse
>>
>>82399412
It's a yellow swimsuit on pale skin and heel boots.
It's pretty much a pole dancer outfit from a 70's cop film.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-02 04.54.19.png (160 KB, 295x817) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-02 04.54.19.png
160 KB, 295x817
>>82399770
Maybe its cause its yellow, ive never liked that on a swimsuit.
>>
When BB jumps on her leg there's two BBs.
>>
>>82394643
Return of Slade was the only time they messed up to me.

"This is the definitve version of the Titans" gets me every time.
>>
>>82395522
I actually really appreciated the bee currency episode indeed.

>>82396522
People use rehash for shows they hate and sequel/lore/worldbuilding for shows they like
>>
>>82396522
Google and read up on David Wise
He is a drop in the bucket but that fucker rehash plots across series let alone the same show.

This is nothing new in kids cartoons.
Also it's not an excuse it's a statement of the way things are.
>>
> A bottle episode where they literally spend the whole time deconstructing bottle episodes inside a giant glass bottle.

> A educational episode where they explain home equity, completely seriously, and even mention rent control.

It's good.
>>
>>82393226
Screen cap beast boy jumping on ravens leg and you'll notice a 2nd beast boy
>>
>>82400224
Episode names?
>>
>>82393226
IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME
>>
File: Pounding My Meat.gif (78 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Pounding My Meat.gif
78 KB, 480x270
>>82395139
>>
I want Raven to squish my head inbetween her sexy thighs
>>
>>82394086
>40% 40% 20%
Shit you are right it really is a hit or miss, that episode was good, and i think that in the episode that follows they complain of the time constrains and lack of budget that are forced on the show.
IT becomes obvious when they put a random stupid song just to fill up time
>>
>>82399676
>are they ever really doing that?
Yep
>Most of the time it's more lite humor at things or just poking fun at how much of any "serious" topic can be a bad thing
>Have the title of the episode called Return of Slade
>The bulk of the new fans don't know who Slade is and why he is so important
>Old fans would probably want to see the TTG personification of him like they did with all the villians
>Episode turns out to be one huge strawman argument as to why people should let go of the past because what you like was probably never good to begin with
I don't think you could have missed the point any harder. It was clearly made as a response to criticism from fans of the original.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.