[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Next time, baby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
Next time, baby
>>
>>82390976
Yeah, not for you DING
>>
>>82390976
someone remind me why did they recast him for that thin black actor
>>
>>82391087
He wanted more money.
>>
>>82390976

YOU WOULDA THOUGHT.
>>
>>82391087
Because he wanted more money.
>>
>>82391114
>>82391102
No, he was promised more money in his contract and instead they gave it to RDJ
>>
>>82391102
Not to mention Don Cheadle is better that Terrence Howard although is no slouch, we're talking a situation where if Don is an A+, Terrence is a B+. And hey at least Terrance has Empire going for him.
>>
>>82391102
>>82391114
Good for him.
>>
>>82391155
and terryology.
>>
>>82391152
they didn't gave the money to RDJ, they could easily gave RDJ more money and Terrence Howard his money, but they had a good point: no one will miss you, when we recast you, the movies will still be a success... you are exchangeable
>>
Terrence Howard is an asshole but I honestly liked him way more than Don Cheadle as Rhodes. It's not even a contest for me.

He nailed the "my friend is a fucking asshole but I love him anyway" bit perfectly, I thought
>>
>>82391378
Don't forget about the part where Terrence, like a cunt, tried to make this about race.
>>
>>82391155
Cheadle Rhodey is dull as fuck though.
>>
>>82391102
>>82391114
>>82391449
>>82391493

The current War Machine actor is too much thin for my taste. War Machine actor should've been a more bulkier one
>>
>>82390976
How did Rhodey use the suit in IM2? Where did the arc reactor come from?

How did he take it off when he took it to the airforce base?
>>
I don't remember all the details but I believe at the time Terrence was the bigger name to RDJ at the time and took a cut to be a supporting actor. but when Iron-man turned out to be one of the biggest movies of 2008 he started demanding more money and started being straight dick saying it was because he was black and so on. So Marvel Replaced him with Cheadle who is the better actor in my opinion.

the Studios were fucking pissed at Howard though for years, luckily it looks like he recovered finally with Empire.
>>
is terrence howard math a thing yet
>>
>>82391412
Same for me, but he was an idiot. He could bite the bullet and then push for a film about Warmachine or secondary team. if he had been patient he would keep the part and would, most likely, have the space he wanted for himself.

He's a big Warmachine fag.
>>
I miss Terrance Howard. Cheadle-while a great actor-doesn't fit the role.
>>
>>82391741
1x1=2
>>
>>82391449
When was this?
>>
Aside from the money, I remember reading Jon Favreau didn't like his acting either.
>>
Speaking of superhero casting, DC really missed the boat by not picking up my boy Someone there clearly saw Attack the Block since one of the main cast from that is now Firestorm on Legends of Tomorrow, so what the fuck?
>>
>>82392212
He's too busy being Star Wars
>>
>>82391869
>He could bite the bullet and then push for a film about Warmachine or secondary team

That's with the benefit of hindsight though, I don't think anyone was expecting Iron Man to launch a $10 billion empire, Howard was probably thinking a trilogy was the best outcome.
>>
>>82391733
>I don't remember all the details but I believe at the time Terrence was the bigger name to RDJ at the time and took a cut to be a supporting actor.
I do believe RDJ actually took a pay cut to support Ironman 1. And due to generous contracts Terrence ended up being the highest paid actor in that film. Which is of course, crazy for being a supporting character.

Marvel wanted his future pay decreased to match his lesser screen time. His agent/he objected, probably thinking they could negotiate. Marvel fired him from the role outright without negotiating instead, because they likely already had a replacement in mind and didn't feel like keeping him is worth the effort.
>>
>>82392275
What's up with Daisy Ridley's smile?
>>
>>82392212
Would've loved this kid as Black Panther, I think he wanted it too.
>>
>>82392355
The lightsaber was in her face and she made a funny face at it and moved it
>>
>>82392370
Are you kidding? Marvel nailed the casting of Black Panther.
>>
>>82392212
snyder wouldn't hire a manlet for his justice league. ray fisher is 6'3, even gadot is taller than boyega
>>
>>82392275
He could do both if given the chance. Harrison Ford was doing Star Wars and Indy. Will Smith did MIB and Independence Day in a years time. Instead they gave the job to some high yellow fucker I've never heard of.
>>
But Don Cheadle was considered a bigger star than Howard even before the MCU.
>>
>>82392403
I'm not saying they didn't
I loved him, easily one of the best parts of the movie.

Merely suggested an alternate casting.
>>
>>82392370
Nah, I love him but Chadwik Boseman seems perfect for the role. Besides, Chadwick has gotta make up for sucking in Gods of egypt although it's not like anyone or anything was good about that movie.
>>
>>82392444
Terrence could have done Hotel Rwanda too!
>>
>>82392370
I like Vontae Mack as Panther.
>>
>>82390976
Terrance Howard, not even his show is as good as Cheadle's.
>>
>>82391152

So, really, he wasn't actually promised more money in his contract.
>>
I liked the new War Machine a lot better. He actually looks likes a military dude and he's more likable to me.
He's also cute too but I'll keep that to myself.
>>
File: Anti.jpg (180 KB, 939x623) Image search: [Google]
Anti.jpg
180 KB, 939x623
>>82390976
everytime
>>
>>82392349
RDJ was still a rather disgraced actor at the time, Howard was more respected, that's why RDJ got less money.

but RDJ killed it and his popularity skyrocketed
>>
>>82392349
>>82393397
Say what you will about RDJ but the guy cares for the people who stood by him when he was at his worse.

Still has my respect for using his pull to get his co-stars better pay after Avengers.

Robert. You might put out some flops here and there but you have my eternal respect.
>>
>>82391659
>How did Rhodey use the suit in IM2?

It was programmed for him, since Tony was dying and wanted to leave the armor with someone he trusted.

>Where did the arc reactor come from?
Tony made it.

>How did he take it off when he took it to the airforce base?

Piece by piece.
>>
Because for some reason he thought playing the best friend of the lead character meant he deserved more money than the star.
>>
>>82391542
>The current War Machine actor is too much thin for my taste

It was really noticeable in Civil War. He looked so sickly in it. Didn't he get the memo to get a bit buff or does he have a condition?
>>
>>82395393
That's Don Cheadle we're talking about. he's arguably the best actor in the whole MCU. If he doesn't feel like bulking up for a role where he's in a robot suit in every fight, than he doesn't have to. Besides he has to stay looking like an executive because in between movies he stars in House of Lies on Showtime where he plays an executive.
>>
>>82390976
What did he mean by this?
>>
Can someone who is a WM fan explain his appeal? The character always seemed dull as a rock except when he was part cyborg and had Ares fapping to him.
>>
>>82394595
>using his pull to get his co-stars better pay after Avengers.

what's the story on this?
>>
>>82398815
http://deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight-491675/
>>
>>82392275
>dat symbolism
>>
is it racist that I didn't the noticed the change of actors for a while?
>>
>>82398713
Black Iron Man
>>
>>82399878
Nah, Rhodey was pretty forgettable in IM1.
>>
So how exactly did Rhodey use Mk2?

The power source is in Tony's chest.

Needs to be assembled onto the wearer by Jarvis.

mk2 has the icing problem

Rhodey doesn't know the password.
>>
>>82400177
>Rhodey doesn't know the password.
You talking about IM2? Tony specifically stated that he prepared the suit for Rhodey's use.
>>
>>82391412
This
He was a much better fit for the character. Cheadle is boring as fuck and doesn't sell their friendship at all
>>
>>82391493
>Cheadle Rhodey is dull as fuck though.

And Terrance Howard looks like he belongs on Reading Rainbow not firing gatling guns
>>
>>82391378
So what you are saying is we need a Marvel film with Warmachine, Hulk, and Spiderman.
They are
The Exchangeable
>>
>>82393180
Nigga you gay
>>
>>82391542

Should've been Jaime Foxx.
>>
The man is a Lt. Col. in the Air Force, he rides a desk half the time, let's just say that he's not going to be jacked... At all.
>>
>>82400177

>The power source is in Tony's chest.
Not anymore. Tony needs that to survive. He used it once with Mk1, then he uses one reactor for powering each individual suit after that, and that includes Mk2. It's not his chest reactor anymore. He even got rid of it by the end of IM3.

>Needs to be assembled onto the wearer by Jarvis.
True that, but he just gave it to the military, and HAMMER figured the software to assemble it. But after that, the War Machine armor is just as modern as Tony's, but with a focus on being heavy gunned.

>mk2 has the icing problem
It does, but for flying super high.

>Rhodey doesn't know the password.
Tony Let's Rodhey have it, probably allows him to use it just like he lets Pepper. Then, HAMMER takes out JARVIS and puts his own software.
>>
>>82399878

How'd you not notice the drastic change in skin color? Don Cheadle is way darker than Terrence that the recasting wasn't seamless.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.