[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me what's enjoyable about this show? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg (107 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg
107 KB, 980x551
Can someone tell me what's enjoyable about this show? I never watched it when I was younger and if it was on I changed the channel. So I watched some episodes last night and I cant find why people love it so much. Its dumb its not good animation and its jokes are bad and to be honest, I would put it into category with Uncle Grandpa. Yeah I said it and I'm serious. So is it just a nostalgia thing or am I just missing something that people like about it so much?
>>
You're not gonna learn anything no matter what we say. You just missed the bus.

>Yeah I said it and I'm serious.

Alright now, badass, well you can take that strut and walk down the hallway cuz your mom wants to know what you want for lunch.
>>
>>82382129
To be honest I just think you're all nostaglia fags and I'm glad I "missed the bus" because I didn't miss much I'm guessing.
>>
It's not for everyone, if you don't like it then I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of responses. Seems like you're just looking to shoot down anything people say.
>>
>>82382404
Im mot saying its a bad show or anything, what Im trying to say is it's just a typical silly show with dumb humor and bad animation and I dont see why 90s babies love it so much. I'm always seeing memes with screenshots from the show like when Edds parents took his staircase but the show is no better than Clarence or Uncle Grandpa and those dont get any love.
>>
>>82382605
Maybe other people enjoy things you don't asshole.
>>
File: Angry_Rolf.png (186 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Rolf.png
186 KB, 512x384
>doesn't like EEnE or UG
prepare yourself for a mighty thrashing
>>
>>82382605
I dont even like EEnE all that much but jesus dude get the fuck over yourself.
>>
While I think EEnE is one of the best cartoons ever made, I understand where you're coming from OP. I never gave a fuck about Sponge Bob, I will never be able to see why people on this site loves it so much. But that's just it, not everything is for everybody. Something can actually be good even if you don't think so.
>>
>>82382605
The creator himself said the animation style was intentional.
>>
Master bait
>>
>>82382768
Was that pun intentional?
>>
>>82381871
>its not good animation
It's easily some of the best TV animation ever produced.
>>
>>82381871
Great animation
Clever slapstick
>>
File: 1371250902752.jpg (57 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
1371250902752.jpg
57 KB, 300x284
Whole thing seemed to revolve around mean-spiritedness. Maybe some nice characters here and there like Double D, but everytime I stayed on the channel to watch an episode it was assholes being assholes to each other. Sometimes the Ed trio didn't even do anything wrong outside of being jawbreaker Jews and the side characters just ruin their plans for the sake of it. Same reason I lost interest in Foster's Home since Bloo was an obnoxious prick.
>>
File: Ed swooces right in.gif (321 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Ed swooces right in.gif
321 KB, 300x225
>Not good animation.

Now anon, there's subjective opinion and objective fact, and the fact is that EEnE had some of the best and consistently solid animation ever produced for a televised cartoon.
>>
>>82381871
I swear someone posted this exact same thread a week ago
>>
>it
>>82381871
>Can someone tell me what's enjoyable about this show? I never watched it when I was younger and if it was on I changed the channel. So I watched some episodes last night and I cant find why people love it so much. Its dumb its not good animation and its jokes are bad and to be honest, I would put it into category with Uncle Grandpa. Yeah I said it and I'm serious. So is it just a nostalgia thing or am I just missing something that people like about it so much?
Stfu scrub lord
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-08-27-18h08m36s127.png (273 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-08-27-18h08m36s127.png
273 KB, 640x480
People like different things. Get over yourself. Thank you.
>>
>>82381871
Imagine the slapstick godliness of Tom and Jerry but with witty dialogue the likes you would see in Animaniacs. Honestly one of the best mindless fun cartoons you would ever watch.
>>
>>82382605
Fuck off.
>>
>>82381871
its funny because uncle grandpa is good once you get used to its quirks, its retarded in some episodes yes, but it has some sense of direction and purpose instead of lolrandom and obvious references to internet "culture" its honestly feel good comedy that teaches good moral lessons to kids, unlike some show that will not be named is a bastardized shadow of its former self destroying everything it stands for.

But if you dont like EEnE, you dont like it, dont say that it sucks because muh nostalgia, the people who liked it, enjoyed the interactions of every character and the dynamic relationship from them and how people can relate to it their childhood.

And if you are serious about it having bad animation and about its dumb humor, then i feel for you not having a childhood, not talking about you not watch the cartoon at a young age, but your actual childhood you never got to experience.
>>
>another board or off-site anon come on /co/
>find something they see as a show that's regarded fairly well with common criticism
>find their bait
>this shit happens
>catches the whole ocean
>>
>>82382934
A week ago? I've seen this exact thread posted numerous times over a period of months.
>>
>>82384799
Always Ed Edd n Eddy

probably the same fag who posts that dipper and steven picture while talking about how the "good cartoons" are bad but only good to the people who have nothing better on TV. Then compares it to the god-tier live action shows or something.
>>
>>82384693
This isn't fucking bait you stupid fuck. I really want to see why people like this show. What would be the point of baiting an anonymous board with a thread that will die in a few hours? I got shit to do.
Anyway I got a few answers I guess. I still don't see why people hold the show up to par with great cartoons but whatever. "Muh childhood was good, kids today should be jealous"
>>
>>82381871
>I would put it into category with Uncle Grandpa.
Watched some episodes recently. Why didn't I think of this before? That's exactly right.
>>
File: og.png (184 KB, 488x400) Image search: [Google]
og.png
184 KB, 488x400
>>82385148
>This isn't fucking bait you stupid fuck.
Look at that anger.
>>
>>82385064
>>82384799
Well that's not me. Im new to this board anyway. But I'm glad to see im not alone here. I hate nostalgia fags who think we had thr best generation of cartoons when ours wasn't at all. Just because it was the orginal didnt mean it was better
>>
>>82381871
>not good animation
You can hate the show all you'd like but you're retarded if you think this is true
>>
>>82385212
>i like ed edd n eddy
>I HATE NOSTALGIA FAGS

>>82385221
He's obviously referring to the wiggly line thing they did, and without thinking what it's purpose was, thinks it was just horrible line work
>>
>That grammar
Maybe when you are older you will understand
>>
You're being condesending as fuck, OP.
>I didn't care for it
>It was just silly and the animation was bad
>So why would anyone like this?
>Is it all just nostalgia?

Just ask "What's /co/'s opinion of X" and you'll get genuine replies.
>>
>>82385572
This.
>>
>>82382605

it was the right show for the right time
>>
If you don't like slapstick, you'll never like EEnE. Aside from that, I think you're just hopeless OP
>>
File: qVuQHEc.jpg (45 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
qVuQHEc.jpg
45 KB, 719x720
Top tier slapstick with hilarious characters and amazing, consistent animation. What is there not to love
>>
>>82385064
I was thinking the same thing. give it a month and I bet this thread and that SU and GF one are going to be posted again
>>
>Bad animation

What do you consider good animation OP?
>>
>>82387500
Well I don't watch much cartoons often but I've seen some Star Vs and it was way better. Aside from that older golden age cartoons are specifically good.
>>
>>82387610
>I've seen some Star Vs and it was way better

Different strokes, i guess. I personally can't stand the flash inbetweening shit, to me the animation in EEnE was a labour of love, but i can see why someone would consider it messy.

And what are the golden age cartoons?
>>
>>82387702
The episodes I saw weren't flash.
>>
>>82385248
So you're saying that was intentional? Wow I swear if a new cartoon was to do that it would get shitted on like Adventure Time did at firsr... although AT is better.
>>
File: 1455173332099.gif (3 MB, 345x194) Image search: [Google]
1455173332099.gif
3 MB, 345x194
>>82388042
wow holy shit I thought bait could never be more obvious, and then you do the whole shoehorning thing at the end
>>
>>82381871
I love that because that remember me this good old fashioned childhood in a suburbs with your friends, doing urban funny things.

this is actually beautiful for imagination, OP if you are young and don't know what was the world before all that modern technology came i understand if you don't like that.

but that was definetely a great slice of life cartoon, with a lot of nostalgia.
>>
>>82388042
you must be 18 or older to post here
>>
>>82388315
How is it bait? Please tell me in what ways EENE is better than AT (or any CN show from 2008-2016).
AT has a great story, hilarious jokes, colorful and grrat settings, in-depth chraracters and a huge fandom. EENE has none of that. I can't even recall a joke I laughed at. I swear if it came out today and not back in the early 2000s, you people would shit on it. Just like the new PPG series.
>>
>>82389410
>AT
>Hilarious
>in-depth
>im-fucking-plying
>>
It was funny. The characters were fun, the jokes that I caught as a kid were funny, the setting was great. Felt like a story of never-ending summer...well until they made that episode where summer ended, which I think is the shittiest episode ever as well.
How come you don't like it OP? Is it just notbyour kind of fun? You don't have to force yourself to "get" anything man just watch whatever tickles your tummy right.
>>
>>82381871
>>82382605
>thinking "ugly style" is the same as bad animation
>ignoring that the best part of the show was the slapstick and dialogue rather than the wackiness
>posting bait
>>
>>82385148
>It's not bait and some people answered it but I think it's bad so it totally must be nostalgia
Jesus christ, get over your fucking self
>>
>>82382269

Where did your life go so wrong that you spend your free time creating threads on an anime image boards giving out about cartoon you never watched? get your shit together man, for fucks sake.
>>
I agree the show always seemed stupid as fuck to me. There wasn't anything clever about it. I remember what little I saw I Sat through blank faced and uncaring.
It's one of those shows people dig cos they liked it as a kid. Nothing wrong with that but people be d to stop associating 'i like' with 'is good' l.
I still love voltron. But it's dumb and always has been.
Fuckers can't deal tho. Their nostalgia must be the baseline for quality.
>>
File: 1451317665069.png (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451317665069.png
61 KB, 250x250
>>82382862
this desu senpai
>>
>>82390011
90 percent of his board is hating and bitching. Font get crabby just cos he took a dig at something you like.
>>
>>82385148
It's childish humour you turn your brain off to. Literally just that. Also, slapstick that was actually funny.
>>
>>82381871
>its not good animation
I'll give you a pass on other critiques but this is complete utter bullshit and you know nothing about good animation

Go back to watching flash cartoons you cretin
>>
>>82389410
You're comparing apples to oranges, anon.
EEnE doesn't need a huge world with a bunch of wacky, colorful characters because the show is focused on a neighborhood of kids trying to enjoy their summer vacation. You can't expect a show like that to stand on the same ground on a show that's used to be about a boy and his dog going on wacky adventures in their world.
>>
>>82381871
I never cared for EEnE when I was a kid. I grew up at that time and usually changed the channel when it was on didn't get into it or care for it. Same with Hey Arnold, didn't get into it and usually passed on watching it. I was a Courage and Freakazoid fan and join in the nostalgia with those shows but not EEnE or Hey Arnold. They weren't my thing and I just didn't care for them, though I did realize despite not liking them they were still better than shit like Cow and Chicken and Catdog.
>>
>>82382862
you sound like you've barely watched the show at all
>>
>>82383707
Sarah grew boobs with jawbreakers!
>>
>>82381871
EE&E is like Popeye, in that you won't really get what's so great about it by simply watching it. Neither of these are cartoons that you just turn on to let your brain wonder.

You have to pay close attention to both, which means first and foremost you have to LISTEN TO THEM!

Most people think that the heart of Popeye's is the fight scenes, but it's not.

The real humor starts with the dialog... the crazy drunken slurs that all of the characters mutter and sputter to themselves. See, Popeye's humor relies both on sight AND sound. If you're only paying attention to one, and not the other, than you're missing out on most of the jokes. Once you've tuned into what the characters are saying, the visual gags change from random nonsense into actual jokes. They compliment each other.

EE&E is the same way, only instead of focusing on the dialog, first focus on the the sound effects. A lot of to punchlines to both the visual gags and the dialog are hidden in the show's sound effects.

I've probably butchered the point I'm trying to make, but long story short, I've converted staunch critics of both cartoons into fans within seconds by telling them to focus on the audio.
>>
File: cul de sac.png (458 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cul de sac.png
458 KB, 640x480
My family and I moved to the US in 1999. We weren't all that rich. We couldn't afford any of the kids channels, the closest thing I got was PBS, and once in a while, a really grainy 4kids, but I loved to watch cartoons.
I didn't have a lot of friends, but I distinctly remember meeting a girl who lived in the apartment across from ours. Her parents were nice and would let me come over every day. We used to watch CN.
One of the shows that I loved watching was Ed, Edd, & Eddy.
I don't know why, maybe it had something to do with the characters living in big houses, playing in an actual neighborhood, walking around and exploring a town. Or maybe it was cause of all the freedom that the kids had. Maybe it was the unadulterated imagination that the Eds got themselves wrapped up in, maybe that's what got me hooked on the show. I don't know what it was, but EEnE represented something that I didn't have, something that I thought only American kids had- lots of friends and the ability to have fun whenever. It didn't make me angry that I couldn't have it, I was just happy watching the show.
A few shitty things happened between my parents and my dad ended up leaving us in 2003. We had to move back to my mom's parents place in our home country. Ironically enough, they had CN as part of their cable, along with a few other kids channels and some anime networks. I started to watch TV more and more at that time and I loved everything I saw.
Now, EEnE represented something different, it was about a life that I couldn't possibly ever have. I still wasn't angry at the show, I was still content watching it.
A couple of years later, my parents got back together and my mom and I moved back to the States. We were making more money, we bought a house in a nice neighborhood, we even got a cable package that included CN. EEnE was being shown less at the time, but I still tried to catch it whenever I could.
To me, EEnE represents a childhood I didn't have, and that's why I enjoy watching it.
>>
>>82392808
>Freakazoid
Holy shit that show was so ahead of its time.
>>
File: 1413306637572.jpg (17 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
1413306637572.jpg
17 KB, 500x248
>>82396534
this is good post
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.