[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does he diss Marvel any chance he gets? Its almost comical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: robert-kirkman-talking-dead.jpg (25 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
robert-kirkman-talking-dead.jpg
25 KB, 550x367
Why does he diss Marvel any chance he gets?

Its almost comical
>>
>>82381208
he had a shit time working with Marvel on projects.
>>
>>82381208

He tanked Ultimate X-Men
>>
>>82381208
He pretty much hates corporate comics (though that hate is mostly towards Marvel since to my knowledge he never worked for DC). He got lucky and became one of those once-in-a-generation success stories and now tries to tell other writers and artists to do the same, ignoring the fact he is one of the very select few that this has happened to.
>>
When did he diss Marvel?
>>
>>82381399
>"I don't have bad blood with Marvel per se, aside from the fact that I think they're a poorly run company that is partially destroying the comic book industry," Kirkman said.

I don't know what he's said lately.
>>
>>82381208
He never got to write a Spider-Man book, it's something he really wanted to do while he was at Marvel.
>>
>>82381399
In one of the latest Walking Dead issues apparently
>>
>>82381454
>Kirkman
>calling anyone else out on destroying the comic book industry
Him and Millar are half the reason everyone's doing movie and TV pitches nowadays as books. I don't think he should be calling anyone else out
>>
>>82381454
he isnt wrong

of the big2 i only read marvel regularly and we've had 2 relaunches in 2 years, movie synergy-dictated editorial mandates gutting entire franchises and there are a few writers with way too much power and editorial immunity for what they bring
>>
His books suck, but he's right. And I hate him even more
>>
>>82382534
They have had $0% of the market share for the past few months I don't see how they're poorly run. Kirkman is a hypocrite, Image does a lot of these gimmicks too
>>
because they canceled his Ant-man. which was the best thing he's ever done
>>
>>82383153
I agree. It was nine years until we got an Ant-Man ongoing again.
>>
File: RVD shrug.png (83 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
RVD shrug.png
83 KB, 300x256
>Kirkman went on to say that, while there are good people making good comics at Marvel, the higher-ups in the company are "extremely short-sighted." He also believes that Marvel spends too much time paying service to an aging fanbase (he included himself in that group) that "is not going to be around for a hundred years."

>paying service to an aging fanbase
>the last fifteen years have been dedicated to completely destroying old status quo and ushering new bullshit for le young people
>>
>>82381699

I'd argue that's solely on Millar

TWD was around for years before it got lucky, and he used his pull from that to get Outcast made.
>>
>>82385128
Yes but after TWD got popular, people realized they could also pitch a tv series in hopes it got picked up.
>>
>>82382897
i dont give a fuck about their sales or market share

im talking about the quality of their products
>>
>>82381388
>He got lucky and became one of those once-in-a-generation success stories and now tries to tell other writers and artists to do the same, ignoring the fact he is one of the very select few that this has happened to.

A side note: never study success. Study failure and try to eliminate the reasons behind it.
>>
File: MV5BML_.jpg (16 KB, 228x341) Image search: [Google]
MV5BML_.jpg
16 KB, 228x341
>>82387089
>quality
What quality?
>>
>>82387179

read the reply chain pls
>>
>>82387218
>Big Two
>Image
>>82387179
>>
>>82387264
i hope you aren't this dense normally anon

read the thread, if you still don't understand what is being discussed, make a new thread asking "What did he mean by this" and quoting the entire reply chain
>>
>>82381208
marvel is killing it with their movies but there is little to no good books out atm
>>
>>82387176
Actually, study both. And then figure out what circumstances caused success in one (just remember to keep in mind a lot of it is luck).
>>
>>82381208
His Marvel work sucked because he's not a particularly great writer and in fact I'd argue they treated him better than they would've most other guys in his position given they let him do a canon (for both companies) Invincibile crossover. Also the fact he's one of the guys running Image.
>>
>>82382700
If you think TWD sucks yet you like capeshit you may be literally retarded
>>
>>82387589
>The Boring Dead
Literally retarded, indeed.
>>
>>82387589
its kinda getting nowhere for a while tbqh
>>
>>82387589
I'm a Walking Dead fan, but the comic has terrible pacing problems.
It's like "Nothing happening, nothing happening, nothing happening, OH MY GOD SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENED, nothing happening, nothing happening, nothing happening, IMPLICATIONS SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.