[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranatural
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Chapter 5 cover.png (217 KB, 738x964) Image search: [Google]
Chapter 5 cover.png
217 KB, 738x964
What do you guys think of Paranatural? I just read the 4th chapter, thought it was pretty good but reading it as it updated must've sucked.

Eightfold's sort of death felt like it happened too soon, the character was just barely introduced

How's the 5th chapter so far?
>>
> reading it as it updated must've sucked.

You have no idea. Chapter 5 was the worst thing we've gone through. I won't spoil it though since you're not there yet. He also started missing a lot of updates for a while, like in November and December, it was almost 1 strip every week (sometimes less). He has no buffer, which I think is his biggest problem.
Hope you're hyped for hitball!
>>
>>82380934
So is chapter 5 complete?
>>
>>82381002
Nope. It just entered it's second half.
>>
>>82380934
>>82381002
Chapter 5 is uncomplete, at for a while he was missing almost half of his scheduled updates.

it doesn't help that the first half of chapter 5 was a game of dodgeball. for 100 pages. It was compated to the Namek saga from DBZ on here a lot.
>>
>>82380875
I wish the artist was better at updating and the writer was better at making plot happen in a seemly manner
There are a lot of various unresolved points and I'd hate for him to have to gloss over it just because he's running out of ideas
>>
>>82380875
I don't know. Whenever I try to read it I get debilitating wrist pains and receive urgent invites to eighteen different cons, so I never got around to it.
>>
>>82381063
Wait, Zack McFlakey Morrison doesn't both draw and write the comic?
>>
>>82381062
Way to spoiler.
>>
>>82381040
>>82381062
Yeesh, I think I'll wait for it to finish first.

>>82381063
He seems like he's setting the series up for the long term, like he's expecting to get to those plot points over time.
>>
>>82381088
He does both
>>
>>82381160
Is he still in college?
>>
>>82381103
spoiler alert: the fucking kids go to gym class for 8 months.
>>
Did anyone see on Mosterkind how the creator was like:
"My boyfriend (Zack) convinced me to take a month off from updating the comic."

Jesus christ. The last person you should get update advice from is Zack (oh-oh m-my wrist! No update today.) Morrison.
>>
>>82381066
>>82381287
Why does he even have a biweekly update schedule if he has a reoccurring problem with his wrist?
>>
>>82381382
This is the million dollar god damn question.
>>
>>82381287
>Did anyone see on Mosterkind how the creator was like:
>"My boyfriend (Zack) convinced me to take a month off from updating the comic."
He's dating another web comic artist? Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>82381481
Didn't he change the schedule from Mon/Fir to Tues/Fri? Might as well go back to weekly.

Or would you guys prefer if he went quiet for a few months and then just released the chapters completed? Or maybe in sections?
>>
>>82382488
>Might as well go back to weekly.

He really ought to, and use any extra work he can get in to build up a buffer in case his old masturbation injury flares up again.
>>
>>82382808
I wonder if he would get an assistant or something if he could get enough money through the Patreon.

As much as I like it it doesn't seem like the story Zack wants to o fits the glacial release schedule of web comics.
>>
File: 1448500134508.jpg (42 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448500134508.jpg
42 KB, 800x800
So did anyone go to the Swarmcon panel he was attending about the webcomic creators? I would have went but I didn't wanna'
>>
>>82383001
He goes to cons now? I wonder if he'll ever swing by my local con.
>>
>>82381382
>>82382488
What do you think the odds are that one of the reasons he doesn't switch to a weekly update, or take a hiatus to build up a buffer, is that since his comic is primarily ad funded he wants to keep people checking twice a week even if there's no content?
>>
>>82383001
no one wants to because no one wants to deal with the people with that type of tuition money to waste
>>
>>82384333
I'd say the odds are pretty good.

I wonder why other webcomic artists aren't using this business strategy.
>>
>>82384333
>>82385261
Because Patreon is an even better strategy.

Aaron Diaz gets what like 5k a month for a page every 4 months?
>>
>>82380875

I think it could have been The Next Big Thing, but never will due to the pacing problems. It's been five years and he's still setting the stage.
>>
>>82385640
Does Zack have a patreon? I wonder how much that brings in compared to ads.

Also, isn't one of Diaz' patreon promises regular updates? Why do people still give him money?
>>
>>82385858
I thought the same thing but really it seems to be the fact that its not a series well suited to being a web comic that updates slowly overtime. It seems like, for the sake of the story, it would be better if chapters were released all at once with the requisite hiatuses in between.

Reading it in bulk the pacing doesn't seem that bad but when you finish a whole chapter and then realize it took him a year or so to get it out you realize that its probably crawly a little too slowly.

>>82386488
I checked his Patreon yesterday and h was pulling in just shy of $2,000. I'd be surprised if he pulled in more with ads.
>>
>>82386662
I don't expect him to pull in MORE with ads. But however much your patreon pulls in is probably at least somewhat indicative of your audience size, which means it is correlated to your ad profits. I'm mostly curious what the ratio is of $ad:$patreon. Assuming it isn't something ridiculous like 1:10+, then he could very well be making decisions about switching schedules/building a buffer based on a drop in ad revenue.
>>
>>82387010
Ah I get you.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.