[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: civil war rt.png (197 KB, 738x340) Image search: [Google]
civil war rt.png
197 KB, 738x340
Welp
>>
>>82289664

I love both DC and Marvel characters, and as much as I'm looking forward to this movie, I feel really bad for fellow Batman and/or Superman enthusiasts.
>>
>>82289683
They deserve it for allowing Snyder to do what he did to Superman.
>>
>only 2 IPs
>me and the butthurt mcufag
>>
>>82289683
I got to agree with there. Blame Warner Bros, DC and Synder for fucking up this badly.
>>
>>82289697
This.
Anyone who willingly defends a dickhead like Snyder deserves to get shit on
>>
>>82289664
>and people say Marvel-bias doesn't exist

This.
This just proves it.

I dare you to fucking say it doesn't.
>>
>>82289697
From rumor of the disagreement they had on MoS I get the feeling even Nolan tried to stop him but even he did not have enough pull to do so. I can't imagine anyone under him pulling it off.

I can't say it was fated to happen but I feel, much like Blade Trinity with Goyer, once it was happening there was really no stopping it until it came to its conclusion and everyone could see for themselves it was a mistake.
>>
>>82289770
Have you seen the film?
>>
>>82289683
Why would you feel bad? I loved MoS and I loved BvS.
>>
>>82289664
>>Ninety Eight
The plummet begins. How long till we hit 28%?
>>
>>82289798
Please don't talk to me.
>>
>>82289697
>allowing

But Superman fans have been trying to get rid of Snyder since MoS
>>
>>82289770
Or you know maybe it's because civil war was a much better film
There might be some rating it higher then it should be because it's refreshing quality after the shit of BvS but it's still a far better movie.
>>
>>82289770
Or maybe its just a good film that people enjoyed watching
>>
>>82289664
Good job, OP. You posted this image after a good 50 reviews.
>>
>Neutral thread about the RT score
>IMMEDIATELY becomes console wars shit

Never change.
>>
>>82289770
>I-it's a conspiracy guys
Don't you have Deadpool 2 to boycott?
>>
I watched the film yesterday with friends. It was disappointing. 98% score made me want something more.
>>
>>82289778
>From rumor of the disagreement they had on MoS I get the feeling even Nolan tried to stop him but even he did not have enough pull to do so. I can't imagine anyone under him pulling it off.
Not like anyone above him can get him off the projects either. WB were stupid enough to give the reins to the Snyder's production company. They allowed their properties to get ransomed out instead of doing it in-house
>>
>>82289845
It's at 51 reviews dude, that's not a tiny samplesize where any major plummeting could still happen. At most it could fall ~5-10%.
>>
>>82289931
>98% score made me want something more.
You need to learn how to read RT
>>
>>82289931
That's how I felt about Zootopa
>>
>>82289809
As much as your entitled opinion it doesn't change the fact that it's universally panned and wasn't as successful as WB/DC wanted.

I didn't hate it either but it didn't do good. I can accept that.
>>
>>82289931
98% RT score doesn't mean the movie is rated as being a 9.8/10 nearly perfect movie. It means 98% of the reviews were positive, meaning anything between 70-100.
>>
>>82289931
This. I'm not even going to watch it a second,d time now
>>
I wonder if this will have a TDKR effect where it's loved for the first couple of months and then immediately drops off and becomes the most hated one of the trilogy by a mile.
>>
>>82290023
But everyone always thought TDKR was the weakest film
>>
>>82290023
Most people don't even consider this a real Captain America movie, so no, they probably won't compare it to the other 2 movies at all. It's more likely to be compared to the Avengers movies and I really doubt it's worse than AoU.
>>
>>82289980
Sure, it wasn't as successful as WB/DC wanted, but what really was the cause behind that? Because from what I saw in theaters, twice might I add, was a pretty solid movie that had some flaws, but nothing that deserved to be universally panned as it did. Regardless, I'm still excited for the R-rated version/Director's Cut and can't wait for Suicide Squad, Justice League, and Wonder Woman down the pipeline.
>>
Still waiting for

>A SECOND ROTTEN REVIEW
>>
>>82289943
https://youtu.be/fWtdOywhrlQ?t=5s
There has to be someway out of this version of life.
>>
>>82290023
For me , not a chance.
I fucking hate the MCU after that piece of shit that was AoU.
This fixed that. This movie was fucking great ,even Zemo was fucking great.
>>
>>82289683
>I feel really bad for fellow Batman and/or Superman enthusiasts.

>tfw you want others to have a great, well-received favorite movies they can enjoy
>tfw everyone keeps having company wars
w-why
>>
>>82289854
So...no then?
>>
>>82289845
But anon... week ago it was 95%. Yesterday 97%. Today is 98%.
>>
File: suicidehotline.jpg (108 KB, 672x739) Image search: [Google]
suicidehotline.jpg
108 KB, 672x739
DC Friends, you're going to need this.
>>
>>82289770
>Deadpool
>DoFP
>1st Class all got good scores on RT

I-IT'S A MARVEL-FOX CONSPIRACY GUYS!
>>
>>82289967
>>82289931
This is why it's great to watch a movie without any knowledge of it (no reviews, no hype or disappointment, no trailer). You enjoy it much more.
>>
>>82289854
He-mad and the Masters of the Universe
>>
I just want to see the x-men movie...
>>
>>82289809
Then you have awful taste. MoS and BvS are awful movies, with terrible acting and horrible scripts.

Good and bad are not relative concepts.
>>
>>82289664
The movie was actually amazing.
>>
>>82290074
No one is really having company wars. The reason BvS is so viscerally hated is BECAUSE it fucking destroyed characters we loved. Not only did it destroy them in the movie, it ruined them on screen for the foreseeable future because BvS is the foundation of the DCEU.

The fighting you see comes from traumatized fans wrongly channeling their hurt into reflexive defense of the movie, which is a natural but terrible fan instinct.
>>
>>82290121
Completely agree. I never watch trailers and don't understand people who obsessively follow every little bit leaked out before release.

If you want to see the movie, then wait and see it.
>>
>>82290066
>Zemo was fucking great
My nigga. Zemo was a cool left turn just like the Mandarin was in IM3. A character that was too cartoonish to work in his original form adjusted to make a point and still not take away from the real fight
>>
>>82290162
>good and bad are not relative concepts
Actually...
>>
File: 1374431210900.png (4 KB, 274x274) Image search: [Google]
1374431210900.png
4 KB, 274x274
>>82290056
The cause of it was what people held as their opinion. Just as you have yours and you enjoyed it. 30 percent of the people who saw BvS enjoyed it. You're simply part of that 30%.

That's really what tomatoes reads as. This amount of people liked it and this many people didn't. It's not a quality gauger which LOADS of people see it as, you get me?

I just don't understand why people can't accept that. That's why people bang on about DC fans being so intolerable. Because they feel like they are being victimised and flogged by the world. It comes across as megalomaniac.
>>
>>82289809
Then you're a bad person.

But luckily, you don't actually like those movies.

What you like are Batman and Superman, and so you feel the need to defend things they're in. You don't have to, anon. Those characters are great and enduring and don't need every appearance defended.

MoS and BvS were garbage without value. Admit the truth to yourself and be free.
>>
>>82290197
Went in Zootopia blind and had a really great time. I swear I'm skipping trailers and shit like that now because most of the time it kind of ruins the movie for me.

>>82290198
Zemo really was surprisingly great. Best MCU villain for me so far since he did a lot of things without having to use powers. Good wrap up about revenge in the end too.
>>
>>82289683
NEVER blame fans for loving what they love, blame instead Warner Brothers for not bringing better movies to the table. We get lots of grear TV and cartoons, but they keep shitting up the films.
>>
>>82290198
It was basically Zemo in a Winter Soldier setting.
It worked so fucking well.
>>
>>82289770
What you're saying is funny, because this is on a WB site.
>>
>>82290178
>destroyed characters we loved
You sound like an entitled fanboy who can't handle people playing with his toys.
>>
>>82290056
>pretty solid movie that had some flaws

It was shit. Giving it a 2/10 is being too good with that movie.

The initial scenes could have been played in any order. Batman motives are completely twisted. Superman barely speaks so the shambling premise of the movie doesn't fall apart. Most of the action scenes are atrocious. Lex Luthor is a fucking joke - he's a CEO who can't even speak to people. Superman dies in this movie and no-one cares.

Why people defend this shit is beyond me, but go ahead.
>>
No spoilers please, how good is zemo? Is he competent or is he a one and done villian like we were worried he would be
>>
>>82290056
> but what really was the cause behind that?

The movie being a dumpster fire, a cinematic abortion with no redeeming qualities?

>Because from what I saw in theaters, twice might I add, was a pretty solid movie that had some flaws, but nothing that deserved to be universally panned as it did.

You are objectively wrong and should feel bad.

>Regardless, I'm still excited for the R-rated version/Director's Cut and can't wait for Suicide Squad, Justice League, and Wonder Woman down the pipeline.

Please stop. You're hurting the world.
>>
>>82289697
For defending the movies at the expense of the character.
>>
>>82290222
he's not a bad person for liking a movie you didn't like. Shit I hate BvS and I despise MoS to the point that I can't fathom why anybody would defend it, but don't be a dick.
>>
>>82290265
competent as fuck.
But sadly it looks like its one and done.
But he didn't die
>>
>>82290262
>batman motive are completely twisted
It's almost like Batman is a vengeance based character.
>>
>>82290257
Yeah, that must be why the whole world recoiled at the depiction of Batman and Superman in the movie.

One of the biggest complaints regarding both MoS and BvS was the characterization.

But keep telling yourself that everyone's an entitled fanboy but you.
>>
>>82290107
>Chris Evans to Press: I'm getting stronger everyday.
>Evans laughing edit with glowing yellow eyes.
>>
>>82290265
He is really really good, anon. I'm not even joking. Better than Loki and miles better than Ultron. Plans the shit out of things.
>>
How much screentime did Spiderman end up getting?
>>
>>82290262
>a CEO who can't even talk to people
>who is Mark Zuckerberg
>>
>>82290298
So is the Punisher, but they're completely different characters, despite Snyder apparently wanting Batman to be the Punisher.
>>
>>82290202
Actually they aren't. If you're not a retard who can't see skill in action, you can actually pin-point what is good and what is bad about a movie, book or any othe craft.

I didn't like the Deadpool movie, because that kind of humor does nothing to me and I don't like the character, but I know that movie is pretty well made and deserve the praise it got.
>>
>>82290292
>But sadly it looks like its one and done.
Nah didn't you see the fucker and what he said in the end?
>>
>>82290327
>>who is Mark Zuckerberg

Not an autistic piss jar enthusiast, he's just a regular asshole.
>>
>>82290305
>The whole world
/co/ is not the whole world.
Go outside and actually meet people.
>>
>>82290334
>i win
yeah
he destroyed the avengers
i sadly think he is done
>>
>>82290331
But nobody actually takks about the craft of the movie, they usually talk about subjective thing like characterization or acting.
>>
>>82290358
how can you say "the villain will only appear in one movie" and not consider that a spoiler?
>>
>>82290331
>I know that movie is pretty well made and deserve the praise it got.

Right, the exact opposite of BvS.

The problem is BvS fails as a movie. It has terrible dialogue, pacing, editing, etc. It's a jumbled mess. Motivations aren't clear, the premise doesn't make sense, the action scenes aren't even very good.

It fails on every level as a film, and that's before you get to its failure as an adaptation of the characters.
>>
>>82290298
Twisted in a way that doesn't make sense.

>Aliens exist, Alfred! I must brand and kill people now! Unless they have a mother named Martha.
>>
>>82290329
>Synder made batman into the punisher
Is this the brand new meme? I guess JAR OF PISS didn't really work out for you guys, huh?
>>
>>82290023
I think how shitty BvS was will help the reception of this film. It will be nearly impossible to discuss one without bringing up the other for some time now, and Civil War will always come out favorably in that comparison
>>
>>82290378
>characterization and acting are subjective
>>
>>82290327
A very well articulated asshole?
>>
>>82290265
First MCU villain to win
>>
>>82290222
>>82290178
>>82290162
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
Geez it's almost like it's your job to shitpost about BvS.
>>
>>82290348
Are you just pretending to be this stupid?

The whole world being the one where BvS was buried under mountains of negative reviews and poor audience reception.

Remember that? How the movie is universally panned as terrible? How when you go outside and meet people, they tell you BvS was terrible?

Are you so traumatized by the movie's poor reception that you're repressing memories now?
>>
>>82290385
>the action scenes aren't even very good.
Anyone else found the doomsday fight a bit messy? dude shouldn't be able to explote fuck.
>>
It was a better Avengers 2 than Ultron was.
>>
>>82290387
>If I use greentext maybe people will agree with me
>>
>>82289947
Pretty sure its bait.
>>
>>82290257
I don't love people shoving my toys up their ass, no.
>>
>>82290378
Nigga ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Look at me tell me you can't tell the difference between VIN DIESEL and DANIEL DAY LEWIS acting?
>>
>>82290378
How is acting not the craft of the movie?

What about the complaints about the poor dialogue? The pacing? The bad editing? The bad plot and character motivations? The color scheme choices?

The movie failed as a movie, anon. They botched the "craft of the movie".
>>
>>82290358
Nah he ain't. He was forced to be alive. He's gonna find more ways to fuck them up for not letting him die when he felt like he was ready.
>>
>>82290426
>go to watch CW with friend
>friend spends the entire previews time bitching about CW not being as shit as BvS cause he's still mad at that
I haven't even seen BvS yet, but apparently people are still salty at how bad it was.

He also lost his shit cause they played the new Ghostbusters trailer and he didn't know they were doing a reboot
>>
>>82290421
Loki won at the end of Thor 2
>>
>>82290426
>universally panned
A lot of people liked the movie though.
Richard roper liked it.
>>
>>82290477
Did he? I'm pretty certain the true winner in that movie was Feige for conning me into watching it
>>
>>82290432
It was horrible. It had zero weight, I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on and happened out of fucking nowhere.

I can't understand what's so good about this movie that some Anons like to talk about so much.
>>
>>82290393
That's adorable, you learned the word "meme"!
>>
>>82290438
Anon, don't be this fucking retarded.

Everyone does agree with them. The general consensus is the movie was terrible, and one of the biggest complaints was Batman killing and branding people.
>>
>>82290438
Tell me then, oh non-greentexting one, how Batman's character in that movie is not completely pants-on-head retarded.
>>
File: zack-snyder.jpg (164 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder.jpg
164 KB, 670x377
>>82290257
I can't handle when people take my toys and breaks them. And then blames me.
>>
>>82290475
They're just working through their grief, anon.
>>
>>82290387
>aliens exist
Superman emasculates Bruce by knocking him off the top of the food chain
>I must brand people now
He started Branding after Robin died. Superman had nothing to do with that decision
>Martha
Did you actually watch the movie or did you just get your opinions from /co/
>>
>>82290551
He's not even a DC fan. Hell, he doesn't even read comics. And he was still fuming
>>
>>82290532
>but I did use greentext
How is Batman retarded though?
>>
>>82290563
>Still defending Martha EX Machina

I'm sure you though the piss jar was also very clever wrtiting.
>>
>>82290348
Every single person I know who saw the movie hated it.
>>
>>82290604
It was a funny callback.
>>
>>82290563
>He started Branding after Robin died. Superman had nothing to do with that decision

Right, which is FUCKING RETARDED. Batman fucking brands people?

>Did you actually watch the movie or did you just get your opinions from /co/

Cry all you want, that scene actually happened in the movie.
>>
File: 1444105721293.gif (449 KB, 286x119) Image search: [Google]
1444105721293.gif
449 KB, 286x119
Done with everything, I give up. There's no justice in the world.

This movie is definitely not as great as everyone's saying, it has a bunch of flaws, and yet all these people are saying it's literally the best superhero movie of all time, and saying Batman v Superman is worse than Batman and Robin, when that was as bad either. If anything, both these movies are on the same tier, though both have different types of flaws that put them there. So instead of acting like that, everyone makes this about company wars. I never even gave a shit about Marvel until it was like I was forced to pick a side.
>>
File: Disney Films.jpg (97 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
Disney Films.jpg
97 KB, 600x316
>Star Wars 7: 2.1 Billion dollars grossed/ 92% on Rotten Tomatoes
>Zootopia: 907 Million grossed and still growing/ 98% on RT
>The Jungle Book: 528 Million and still going strong/ 94% on RT
>Civil War: estimated to gross over 1 billion: 98% on RT

Can anything stop the Mouse?
>>
>>82290613
Really? All four of them?
>>
>>82290613
Every single person I know liked the movie.
>>
>>82290647
The Mouse is God.
>>
Batman vs. Superman has a 27% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not only should it not be the crux of the DCEU, it should be hated by all DC fans.
>>
>>82290602
Let's just pick a few examples:

Despite tracking the ship he'd been searching for to Lexcorp and coming to a Lexcorp facility to steal it, he somehow doesn't realize Luthor is behind it all.

He fires tracers at the truck carrying the kryptonite...then attacks the truck, almost destroying it and the tracer.

He's fooled by some shitty scribbles on the returned checks from that wheelchair guy. Doesn't follow up on that, doesn't investigate.

Every step of the movie requires Batman to be a fucking retard.
>>
>>82290640
>This movie is definitely not as great as everyone's saying,
ok cry baby what part you didn't like?

Also the problem is not the movie , the problem is you feel the bullying for BvS.
>>
>>82290648
good one
>>
>>82289664
Having seen both, I think 98% is a little high for CW and 28% is a little low for BvS, but overall Civil War displayed more competency in basic things like pacing and storytelling coherence that a really really wide margin was to be expected.
>>
>>82290640
You haven't seen it, you're just a fanboy.
>>
>>82290668
Why should people hate something because RT says so, instead of making their own conclusion based off of what they see?
>>
>>82290107
Didn't people already figure out like a week ago that the guy who made the one rotten review basically admitted to only making a negative review so his blog gets some attention?

I mean I haven't seen it yet, and the % doesn't really measure the quality as well as average rating which is only at 8 right now, but it's crazy how well it's doing so far.
>>
>>82290627
>a ruthless vigilante brands the worst of the worst, effectively giving them a death sentence in prison
Make sense to me.
>>
>>82290662
Well of course all your friends on the short bus like it, they're retarded!
>>
>>82290613
>>82290662

We don't need anecdotes from the fucking retards who surround you.

We know the world hated it by critic and audience reactions, which are dismal, and by it sinking like a stone at the box office.
>>
File: 1429585118147.png (272 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1429585118147.png
272 KB, 480x480
>>82289854
>>
>>82290688
LEARN HOW THE FUCKING TOMATOMETER WORKS BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON IT
>>
>>82290699
I trust critics opinions more than biased fanboys.
>>
File: sensible panic.gif (2 MB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
sensible panic.gif
2 MB, 245x246
>>82290666
>Satan calls the Mouse "God".

These are the end times.
>>
>>82290604
It was awfully executed. Would work better without both using their moms' names,
>>
>>82290602
How is Batman retarded?

He wants to kill Superman because if there's a 1% chance of him going out of control he must take it as absolute certainty that he will, at the same time he is COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL branding people and getting them killed in prison and mowing criminals down with machine guns. And no, it's not ok because they're criminals: that's not how the law and society works.

And at the end he doesn't impale him because their moms have the same name. This shit wouldn't fly anywhere. Just imagine that shit in a movie not called Batman vs Superman.

It's fucking stupidly bad.
>>
>>82290673
>he doesn't realize Luthor is behind it all
Behind what? Smuggling Kryptonite? All that shows Batman is that Lex is worried about the alien too.
>>
>>82290699
>instead of making their own conclusion based off of what they see?

Oh, of course you should do that. Once you see that pile of shit, you'll realize the critics were right: it's a pile of shit. The challenge will then be to resist the fanboy urge to defend it despite it being a dumpster fire just because it has characters you like.

Sadly, as this thread shows, there are some who are too weak to resist.
>>
>>82290313
Wait. Zemo is motivated by revenge, has an immediate grudge against the heroes and relies on planning...
He's fucking BvS Batman with a brain.
>>
>>82290666
Satan confirms Mouse is God.
>>
>>82290705
Doesn't make sense for the character, though.

If you want that shit, make a character who it works for.
>>
>>82290699
Fanboys will go to ridiculous lengths to defend shit.
>>
>>82290739
On top of this, consider the following:

Superman just appeared out of fucking nowhere.

There is no telling how many beings like him can exist out there, and how many of those would want to destroy Humanity the way Zod and his crew wanted.

So even if the 1% chance of the benevolent godlike character going apeshit is so important, consider what the chance is of someone coming along that only this benevolent godlike character can deal with.
>>
>>82290563
>He started Branding after Robin died.
Your fucking headcannon doesn't count.

>Did you actually watch the movie or did you just get your opinions from /co/
I saw it because a friend told it wasn't that bad. It was much worse.
>>
Why does every single review for Civil War compare it to BvS? They are nothing alike.
>>
>>82290675
No stakes. It felt like another cookie cutter Marvel film just to fit their success formula rather than try something interesting. I feel like if you've seen one Marvel movie, you've seen them all. Also, the airport fight that everyone is raving about wasn't really that fantastic, it was a little boring to watch except with the bits with Ant-Man. And Spiderman just felt like he was forced in just so they could show off "Hey we got Spiderman back!" rather than actually try to make him a character. And like most Marvel villains, Zemo was extremely forgettable, and seemed like wasted potential.

Not to mention, like most other Marvel movies, and like what people are saying, I don't like that all most of the films seem to do is set up for the next one, before attempting to accomplish much in their own movie. Some are pretty good, I enjoyed Winter Soldier, but here we just have everyone saying "Now we wait for IW".

And also, the problem isn't my opinion, it's people like you who go for attacking people based on their film opinions and wanting to fuel company wars.
>>
>>82290705
>a ruthless vigilante brands the worst of the worst, effectively giving them a death sentence in prison

That would be something the Punisher would do.
>>
>>82290640
>This movie is definitely not as great as everyone's saying,
Why do people shoot themselves in the foot like this. You sound tremendously bitter.
>>
Forbes predicting Civil War is going to crack $2 billion
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/27/can-captain-america-civil-war-score-2-billion-and-become-marvels-biggest-blockbuster/#432b100944fa
>>
>>82290673
>He's fooled by some shitty scribbles on the returned checks from that wheelchair guy

That whole shit Luthor did with the checks and the photos was entirely

Spongebob I no longer wish to know you. You give bottom feeders a bad name.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 221x228
>>82290640
>CW is generally seen as a better cape movie than BvS instead of sharing it's fate
>This is somehow a bad thing
Cry harder faggot
>>
>>82290734
Not to mention the constant flashbacks or they hammering up in your head MARTHA every time they can prior to the fight.

But "poor execution" doesn't quite save it, it was a shitty copout of the fight, instead of writing a mature scene about them overcoming their difference it only ends because of the name gimmick, not to mention the man who was about to murder Superman 10 minutes ago now proclaims to be a friend of his, and the idiotic fact that Lois farts and superman comes to her rescue in a blink, yt he's uncapable of doing the same to save the mother who raised him from some lowlife armed thugs,
>>
>>82290734
They should have had Bruce be about to kill Supes with the spear, but he can't bring himself to break his moral code, not even in this situation. (This would, of course, require the movie to have not set up Batman as a murder earlier).

Bruce moves to restrain Supes with the kryptonite keeping him weak. Superman sees that Batman isn't the psychopath he thought, and tells him Lex has his mom. Bruce realizes Supes isn't the menacing alien god he thought, and agrees to help.
>>
>>82290823
Holy fuck. How accurate are their estimations?
>>
>>82290823
Not a chance.
I mean, at best it could make 1.4 billion.
Would be quite funny if it did just so that the most succesful capeshit movie wouldn't be Whedon's.
>>
>>82290823
While I don't doubt it's going to make a shitload of money, I doubt it'll crack $2 bil. Avengers didn't even crack that, and it had the hype of being the first team up film
>>
>>82290788
Batman is so God-damn retarded in this movie.
>>
>>82290689
Sure, whatever you say.

>>82290822
I'm just giving my opinion. All I keep seeing is critics saying that it's the best superhero movie ever, and notably praising the airport scene, but I didn't think it was really that good. Marvel definitely had better fight scenes than that.
>>
>>82290858
This would also cut the retarded Lois subplot out since you wouldn't have her appear out of nowhere at exactly the right moment to stop Batman from killing Superman, and then have her pointlessly in the building later.
>>
File: BP.webm (2 MB, 1920x798) Image search: [Google]
BP.webm
2 MB, 1920x798
So, how is the Panther?
>>
>>82290866
Not too much, I mean, everyone says different numbers.
I've seen opening weekend predictions ranging from 160 to 220 million.
>>
>>82290751
CW's Zemo is a BvS Luthor without autism.

>>82290808
they came very close to each other, tacle a lot of the same themes and one executes them like shit while the other does it properly.
>>
>>82290894
He BLACKS both Natasha and Bucky.
>>
>>82290823
>>82290882

Even cracking hitting $1.4 billion would be cucking WB so hard.

DC fans here would seriously kill themselves.
>>
>>82290894
Based as fuck, can't wait for the solo movie, him, Spidey and ANTS are all surprisinly amazing.
>>
>>82290808
They're both hero vs. hero movies that came out within a couple months of each other
>>
File: 1454531586349.jpg (31 KB, 339x318) Image search: [Google]
1454531586349.jpg
31 KB, 339x318
>>82290074
>>
>>82290810
>And Spiderman just felt like he was forced in just so they could show off "Hey we got Spiderman back!" rather than actually try to make him a character.
that was the point , this is why the post credit scene was about the new spiderman movie.

>Zemo was extremely forgettable, and seemed like wasted potential.
I really liked Zemo a lot , but i can see why you think that.

> Also, the airport fight that everyone is raving about wasn't really that fantastic, it was a little boring to watch except with the bits with Ant-Man.
You didn't enjoy Falcon/Bucky vs spiderman ?

>No stakes.
Why people think this movie deserve to kill heroes?
Why that mentality?

Also you seems to really hate the fact that people hate BvS , but i respect your opinion about CW.
>>
>>82289770
>I dare you to fucking say it doesn't.

Didn't Avengers 2, one of the most highly anticipated Marvel films of all time, only get a 75%?
>>
File: SW Finn Sandwich.png (225 KB, 540x636) Image search: [Google]
SW Finn Sandwich.png
225 KB, 540x636
>>82290912
Sounds hot. Reminds me of another Disney movie.
>>
>>82290114

you also have the Nolan Bat films that got high scores
>>
File: 1460592246852.jpg (159 KB, 1024x546) Image search: [Google]
1460592246852.jpg
159 KB, 1024x546
Pic related is my favorite thing to come from the BvS vs Civil War shitstorm.
>>
>>82290647
Only one not deserving there is probably SW7.
>>
File: 1459529716370.png (220 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1459529716370.png
220 KB, 500x372
>>82289664
Now we wait for /co/ to start hating it...
>>
>>82290744
>Behind what? Smuggling Kryptonite?

Yes. Luthor is secretly collecting Kryptonite. A Senate hearing where he was seen explodes moments after he was seen being there, yet he's alive and unharmed. Bruce learns the checks he sent to that injured guy were returned, and are covered with messages goading him to attack Superman.

World's greatest detective doesn't think something's up here?
>>
>>82290222

The fight scenes were better than I expected. The plot was a big mess though. I can't see how any fight in Civil war will top the actual fight Between Bats and Supes desu.
>>
>>82290975
wew lad
>>
>>82290739
He doesn't because he realizes that Superman is a good man and it took Superman unknowingly repeating Thomas' dying words to trigger Bruce's PTSD and the desperate pleas of Lois lane for Bruce to see that he was being played.
>>
>>82290647
Only one not deserving there is probably SW7.

Zootopia deserves it and is better than BH6 and Frozen. Haven't seen Jungle Book yet.
>>
>>82290990
meh
this movie was legit great
/co/ hate for AoU is legit and well deserved.
>>
>>82290975
So was anyone with him
>>
>>82290426
>The whole world being the one where BvS was buried under mountains of negative reviews and poor audience reception.

I thought it was alright, but I haven't actually talked to anyone who hated it. And of any criticisms they had, "It destroyed Batman/Superman's character" wasn't one of them.

The generally stupid plot was what threw people off.
>>
>>82290724
I do know how it works. I still thought the almost unanimous skewering of BvS was a little harsh. And it's weird to me to see CW have an almost Godfather-tier average, though it's a really crowdpleasing movie so it's not that surprising.
>>
>>82291018
Yeah, unlike DCucks, you don't really hear Marvel fans defend every MCU movie to the death. They'll readily tell you AoU was weak, Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 weren't good, etc.
>>
>>82290688
I agree except for how you understand Rotten Tomatoes. 98% just means 98% of the reviewers like it, not that the movie gets a 9.8/10.
>>
>>82291040
>implying DC fans haven't been shitting on Snydershit since MoS

So are you actually illiterate, or just fucking stupid?
>>
>>82290810
>the only consequence that matters is death

Anon, I present you the essence of your stance taken to its logical conclusion:

Kill yourself. It's the only way to make your life meaningful.
>>
>>82290640
every cape film has a bunch of flaws
>>
>>82291032
>"It destroyed Batman/Superman's character" wasn't one of them.

If the people you talked to didn't bring up Batman branding and murdering people, and Superman moping around wondering whether to help people, you've been talking to retards.

Luckily everyone else was repulsed by it.
>>
>>82291059
The difference is you don't have anyone defending Thor 2 out of fanboy loyalty
>>
>>82290819
No the punisher would just kill them. What Bruce is doing is reinforcing his demonic urban legend.
>>
>>82291059
There are people in this very thread defending MoS and BvS.

There have been endless threads where fanboys attempted to rationalize how shitty MoS was.
>>
>>82291013
>he realizes that Superman is a good man

How? How did he realize that? And why at that moment?
>>
File: contrarians.jpg (7 KB, 433x331) Image search: [Google]
contrarians.jpg
7 KB, 433x331
>>82291016
>>82290987
>>
>>82291059
he's from /tv/ and needs this to a us vs them. Even /tv/ won't company war anymore
>>
>>82291092
Urban legends generally don't leave tangible evidence of their existence
>>
>>82291092
But Bruce does "just kill" people later. With guns and rockets.

He's the Punisher now.
>>
>>82289770
Reality has a well-known Marvel bias.
>>
>>82291084
>there's no way these people actually enjoy the movie and want to talk about it without people shitposting about how it's the worst movie ever
>they do because they're company loyalists
>>
>>82291084
Thor 2 is trash. It's worse than BvS and about equal to MoS. I'm surprised to see people trekking out AoU as the spearhead "bad Marvel movie." AoU is a million times better than Thor 2.
>>
File: BvS Explaination.png (143 KB, 1352x1082) Image search: [Google]
BvS Explaination.png
143 KB, 1352x1082
>>82290530
>>
>>82291113
Because he has a mother. And only good people can be spawns of a pickled sperm and egg.
>>
>>82291113
Superman's mom was also named Martha.

Clearly no bad person could have a mom named Martha.>>82291118
>>
>>82291118
>implying TFA is anything but a bog-standard JJ Abrams sci-fi nostalgia ripoff
>>
>>82290942
change the last point to "shitposting is the only way" and that summarizes 4chan
>>
>>82290688
Eh, it'll probably go down around 90% later anyway.
>>
>>82291144
How did Lois know Doomsday was a Kryptonian monster? Nobody tells her anything like that.
>>
>>82291143
Nope. MoS was pure garbage, and should have been the warning bell about where Snyder was going to go with BvS.

You know you've failed at making a Superman movie when Pa Kent teaches Clark to let people die and Superman ends up snapping necks.
>>
>>82289770
People are biased towards good things. If only more people could learn to appreciate crappier stuff more.
>>
>>82290914
I'm honestly worried that CW's great reception and box office will lead to at least one suicide. Wonder what will happen if Ragnarok gets better reviews and makes more cash than JL1.
>>
>>82291138
It's a terrible movie so I honestly can't see any other reason other than a laughably poor critical eye
>>
>>82291131
>every superhero who kills is now the punisher
>>
>>82291144
That's hilarious! I'm sure all retards can be shut now!
>>
>>82291181
Jeez could it be because it came from the kryptonian ship?
>>
>>82291118
A better tagline would be something like "That thing everyone says is bad is actually great."
>>
>>82291230
She didn't know that
>>
>>82291230
How would Lois know that?
>>
>>82290108

>Reviews effect my enjoyment of things

I loved B v S and will probably enjoy Civil War. Don't care if B v S got a 5% on RT if I enjoyed it.
>>
File: 317.png (134 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134 KB, 600x601
>>82291144
>all this typos and grammatical errors
>all those half answers and circular logic("he's Lex Luthor so he can do that because he's Lex Luthor")

This has to be bait the post
>>
>>82291230
...which Lois didn't see or know about because she had been in the basement of that abandoned building the whole time?
>>
>>82291230
How would she know?
>>
>>82291250
You're wrong for thinking you enjoyed something so objectively bad.

But you didn't really enjoy it, it's just a fanboy reflexive defense.
>>
>>82291245
>>82291243
>>82291264
>>82291256
>that huge fucking lightshow coming from the site of the kryptonian ship that could've been seen for miles
>how could she know?
>>
>>82291243
>>82291245
>>82291256
>>82291264
you know, people should really focus on that glaring plot hole more. I mean to the level that people bring up the ending plothole of Iron Man 3 (why did Stark go 70% of the movie without a suit if he had a bunch waiting for him on call at any time?).
>>
>>82291250
>liking both DC and Marvel

leave. this place is not for you.

next you'll be saying that you actually read comics.
>>
>>82291138
BvS is just an objectively bad movie, company wars bullshit aside.

The only reason anyone would say they like it would be fanboy loyalty. It's not possible to enjoy the movie otherwise.
>>
>>82291303
do you not understand what a basement is anon?
>>
>>82291276
>you didn't actually like it
But I did.
>>
>>82291303
Those things are barely similar. For all she knows, maybe Lex was trying to fly away in the ship and it was powering up.
>>
>>82291306
Cause Jarvis was down
>>
File: 1459761126867.png (67 KB, 620x456) Image search: [Google]
1459761126867.png
67 KB, 620x456
>>82289770
>>
So, will Keanu knock Jungle Book off of the #1 spot or will Civil War do it a week later thus proving that the only thing that can beat Disney is Disney?
>>
>>82291306
I dunno, I've never seen Iron Man 3.
>>
>>82291230
Except she didn't see that. Jeez, BvS fans are so stupid.
>>
>>82291250
The only thing that should matter is if you enjoyed it. The best thing to do is to go into anything with no expectations.
>>
>>82291303
So you're saying she, being in Gotham, saw a "lightshow" in Metropolis, assumed it was coming from the Kryptonian ship, assumed that it was coming from a Kryptonian monster that came from the ship, and that's why she went and tried to get the spear back? That's stupid. Did she even KNOW about the Kryptonian ship?
>>
>>82291303
>>that huge fucking lightshow coming from the site of the kryptonian ship that could've been seen for miles

>Lois can't see the light because she's in a basement
>Even if she could see it, she's in Gotham. The building she's in is in Gotham. She has no fucking clue where the light is coming from other than it's miles away, thus giving her no fucking clue that its' anywhere near the Kryptonian ship

You're retarded enough to script for Snyder.
>>
Why did Lois throw the spear in the water?
>>
>>82291350
CW will be a juggernaut the first few weeks.
>>
>>82291326
No, you fucking didn't.
>>
>>82291318
It wasn't honestly a basement though.
>>
>>82291380
That actually made sense. Her boyfriend was almost killed by that spear. Why wouldn't she try to dispose of it
>>
It will be hilarious when this shit flops.
>>
>>82291306
he was on the run for most of the film. His girl gets kidnap and he didn't know where she was. Also you are not going to summon an army until you know you need it because if you pull that stunt and it fails to stop them they will be ready for a robot army when round 2 comes up
also you got this from that David Chen retard didn't you?
>>
>>82290866
Well, they were right when they said it was silly to think the high preordered tickets numbers would translate into an automatic billion for BvS

But 2 billions? Shit, that's a lot, it's not even summer
>>
>>82291376
>>82291368
Gotham is literally right across the bay from Metropolis.
>>
>>82291384
Yeah I did.
>>
>>82291404
But why in the water? Why not just throw it away rather then go into a building and drop it into some ghetto-ass lake?
And if she's that shocked by it, why would she even touch it?
>>
>>82291350
>Keanu has 80%
I'm hyped because cute cat but don't know shit about the comedian duo. How fun are they? they look okay in the trailer.
>>
>>82289931
if every single person that watched a movie rated it a 7/10, said movie would score 100%, thats how it works
>>
>>82291306
someone wasn't paying attention to the films they watch.
>>
>>82291326
The trauma runs deep.
>>
I haven't seen BvS but I heard that Batman literally insults Superman by saying "tell that to Zod's snapped neck." How anyone can defend the movie is beyond me.
>>
>>82291442
>why not just leave it out in the open where anyone can take it?
>>
>>82291382
No, he's owned by Fox.
>>
>>82291143
I thought Thor 2 was way better than Thor 1. Thor 1 is the worst non-Iron Man Marvel movie
>>
>>82291442
Why not in the water? How else is she supposed to destroy it? She can't very well hold onto it too long because even being near it seems to hurt Supes. Dropping it in some water seems like a quick and easy fix.
>>
>>82291442
>And if she's that shocked by it, why would she even touch it?

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>82291425
Bruh, I can barely see what the hell is going on in Hoboken when I'm in Manhattan.
And that's just the Hudson, not some big ass bay.
>>
>>82291445
Here's a quick 5 minute sketch from their Comedy central show. That way, you can make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zdp1RfoyI
>>
>>82291404
But why throw it in the water where anyone can find it later? It made no sense. She took the spear, walked 2 steps towards a big puddle, and threw the fucking thing in the water! Why! Why not give it back to Batman, now that he doesn't want to kill him anymore, or take it as far away as you can until you decide what to do with it?
>>
>>82291118
Anon I liked the movie but I feel like it didn't deserve that amount of praise. It rehashed a lot of things from the first trilogy.

There is a difference between being contrarian, and criticizing something you like so it can improve.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.