[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel's Civil War: Perlmutter v Feige
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: Inhumanslogo-600x361.jpg (38 KB, 600x361) Image search: [Google]
Inhumanslogo-600x361.jpg
38 KB, 600x361
Is Marvel's house of cards falling down?

>Last year, at the New York Comic Con, I was told by well connected senior individuals that a memo had gone out to Marvel senior staffers saying that the Inhumans move was to be “deprioritised” at Disney/Marvel.

>I was told that it was expected that the Inhumans movie would be delayed, dropped off the slate and eventually done away with, with the reason to be given that they didn’t find the right director with the right vision or some such.

>But the real reason was that Inhumans was a Isaac Perlmutter-pushed project and was only on the slate in the first place if Kevin Feige was allowed his own Captain Marvel project on the slate, something Perlmutter wasn’t as keen on. And last year the two split badly and Perlmutter and the rest of the comics side of the company were removed from involvement with the film side of Marvel Studios (though they kept the TV shows).

Right now Disney is in damage control claiming the movie is simply on hold but looks like the rift between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios is growing.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/23/what-i-was-told-about-the-inhumans-movie-last-year/
>>
Good. Capekino has arrived anyway.
>>
Inhuman fan is on suicide watch
>>
It might also be because nobody gives a fuck about the Inhumans.
>>
I don't really want half these movies to begin with. I'm probably out once phase 3 is over
wrap up the thanos storyline and I'm done
>>
Feige is making money and good movies. disney's like why would you fuck with this
>>
>>82146450
>Inhuman fan is on suicide watch

We'll get him help.
>>
Who cares squid wards wild ride is more interesting than maximus or whatever inhuman would be the bad guy
>>
>>82146513
No let the scum die
>>
>>82146360
>Is Marvel's house of cards falling down?

Do you know how much money has been invested and made into this media colossus. It prints money. They're going to be making these movies until you're a great-grandparent.
>>
And you can't really do that.

Otherwise it'd be like "Hmmm. Culture of super-humans, city of alien splendor, mighty ruler with deceitful, manipulative brother. Yeah this is ripped off from Thor."

Something I never understood is how they can use the Inhumans. Or the Kree. They both started in the pages of Fantastic Four.
>>
>>82146360
I was sad when I first heard this, but after learning this was only ever happening because of Ike's jewery I actually kind of feel relieved it's getting canned.

It would've never been a real Inhumans movie, it would've just been off-brand X-Men.
>>
I give zero fucks about the Inhumans and freeing up a slot in 2019 gives Marvel breathing room to actually have space for all the properties that will need a sequel by then.
>>
How about Nova? Or Quasar, for that matter?

..You reckon they'll reboot the whole thing if they ever obtain the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man back?

Ooohhh... Imagine a multi-universal crossover. But no, that would be mere chaos...
>>
Nice, I give less than 0 fucks about inhumans
>>
>>82147126
Novas, Quasar and Martyr
>>
>>82146649

its funny even with how much they've developed loki's char recently, he is still mostly interchangeable with maximus
>>
Who should replace its spot?
>>
>>82147392
Captain America 4: Sam Wilson's Wild Ride
>>
>>82146649
The FF contract stipulated what was and was not included. The Inhumans were purposely left out because they wanted to sell their rights separately.
>>
>>82147455
Fuck off nigger, BuckyCap or go home
>>
This bums me out. But it's probably for the best. I dig the in humans but I don't want some hand me down mutants like you know they'll be used.

What I'd wanted was a world dealing with sudden knowledge of a hidden nation mixed with game of thrones style political machinations. In all likelihood the still be taken up by a sequel
>>
Don't worry Ike-boy you still have ABC. I'm sure Feige will throw you a bone and acknowledge the fish oil in the next Avengers.
>>
I love that such a huge Inhumans push has taken place in the comics, with the X-Men being pushed further and further into the background, to absolutely no avail. The casuals and non-X readers don't care about Inhumans, and X-fans are just casually shrugging off mutant extinction event #237 knowing it won't last. This whole initiative has been a complete belly flop. And now it comes out that all this nonsense was just an attempt to pacify the bitter Jew in charge of the lesser live action division. I love it.
>>
>>82146455
Marvel is trying but yeah no one gives a shit
>>
dang, I was hoping for a short, hairy inhuman codenamed honeybadger with vibranium laced claws
>>
>>82147662
I'm just waiting for Fox to finally give up and share the X-Men to put the final nail in the Inhuman's coffin. Let's hope Spider-Man makes a shitton of money and Age of Apocalypse fails short.
>>
Meh, I personally don't care much. They're probably getting better coverage in AoS than a movie would be. I hope they move some stuff around, I'd personally like Captain Marvel to come out before both parts of Infinity War. I'd like all the players set well before the game begins.
>>
Losing the Inhumans movie isnt a big loss.
>>
>>82147841
> better coverage in AoS than a movie would be
How? Barely anyone knows nor gives a shit about AoS. Inhumans would get more recognized by doing a short cameo in a marvel movie than anything AoS can do with them.
>>
>>82147522
And that was only after the Paul Jenkins Marvel Knights Inhumans mini-series came out and it was decided that they could potentially use the mini-series as a basis for a movie with the characters.
>>
>>82147924
I guess by better coverage, I mean it's actually being covered there. There's already something in the MCU that is going over Inhumans related material, so I don't think we need a film to do so.
>>
>>82147924
You can't be serious m8

AOS has one of the highest ratings on the channel
>>
File: 3b0.gif (2 MB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
3b0.gif
2 MB, 580x326
>mfw when Doctor Strange introduces the multiverse concept, paving the way for X-men crossover.
>>
File: inhumans.jpg (1 MB, 1237x1920) Image search: [Google]
inhumans.jpg
1 MB, 1237x1920
>>82146360
>Is Marvel's house of cards falling down?
Ha ha, no. The biggest problem the MCU is facing at the moment is over-saturation and audience fatigue (>>82146475 for example).

I'm actually glad that the Inhumans were put on the backburner: the isolationist nature of the Atillan royal family doesn't really fit within the "Avengers" framework of the current cinematic universe. Their origin would also either first necessitate a very robust look at the Kree Empire within Captain Marvel's movie, or require an equal amount of exposition at the beginning of their own—neither of which would be easy to swallow for the general moviegoer.

I think it's best to wait until the MCU goes full-in on the cosmic conflicts (post Infinity War) to introduce the Inhumans.There is simply far too much baggage associated with their very being to be thrown in with the likes of solo, "street level" heroes such as Spider-Man.

>>82146455
>implying anyone (even most comic fans) gave a fuck about GotG or Jessica Jones before those properties hit the screen
>>
I only wanted Inhumans for sexy Medusa. If we get Thunderbolts instead with sexy Songbird, I'm good.
>>
File: Ghost rider.jpg (1 MB, 805x1224) Image search: [Google]
Ghost rider.jpg
1 MB, 805x1224
There are other things they could put in its place......
>>
>>82148018
Who cares about the Meme-Man? Galactus, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, Kang, DOOM.

Imagine the possibilities!
>>
>>82146455
and someone gives a fuck about Captain Marvel?
>>
>>82148077
You'll get a Netflix series with barely any skull in flames on it and you'll like it.
>>
Can someone give me a basic summary of what the Inhumans actually are. I don't care enough to actually google it
>>
>>82148105
I do since it's the only place where Phyla can pop up before Guardians 3.
>>
>>82147392
MCU F4
>>
>>82148149
How about you go back to /tv/, faggot?
>>
>>82148149
they're mutants, only not.
>>
File: 1461349258066.png (307 KB, 340x512) Image search: [Google]
1461349258066.png
307 KB, 340x512
>>82148201
no
>>
>>82146649
Attilan was an eugenics-based apartheid state built on slave labor, that's probably not going to go over well with audiences.
Personally if I was directing the film, the first movie would be about Blackagar being left for dead by Maximus, with the former moving Attilan to a different spot after he takes over. The rest of the movie is about Black Bolt making his way back to Attilan to kick his ass. Of course he'll be weakened throughout the movie and need a cast of human characters to hang out to demonstrate how inhuman the Inhumans are when it comes to (modern) human morality and because audiences can't understand subtext for shit. Second movie is about some members of the Genetics Council arguing that Black Bolt was corrupted by his time in the outside world because he's trying to change shit. Someone gets murdered and Attilan gets thrown into a civil war.
>>
>>82146360
>Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios is growing.

Good, the Comics side is full of SJWs and retards that dont know what to do except ape the movies.
>>
>>82148121
Fuck you and let me dream! No one thought Spider Man would come home, and Marvel wants that diversity/Mad Max money
>>
>>82148269
Anon that first one more or less the plot of the thor 1.
>>
So why does Perlmutter want to push the Inhumans so bad?
>>
>>82146360
Does this mean there is a sliver of hope for Marvel X-men?

No one can give a fuck about the inhumans, and Kirby-esque stuff is literally impossible to adapt.
>>
>>82148149
they are poor man's asgardiands/x-men
>>
>>82148497
anger at Fox
>>
>>82148497
He is a big black bolt fan
>>82148507
Unless fox became allergic to money, no. This means absolutely nothing for the X-men.
>>
>>82148579
The only thing that mans a fan of is money
>>
>>82148269
Isnt that the plot of the first 2 Thor movies?
>>
>>82148507
>MCU has been going on for a decade
>still no live action kirby dots
>>
>>82148515
But they don't have anything in common wit them.
>>
>>82148497
Cause he wants something to replace the X-Men.

>>82148625
Really hope Dr. Strange has at least some.
>>
>>82148435
Not quite, Thor was zany while interacting with Black bolt would be all sorts of awkward. It would be like talking to a Nazi or a 30's guy, trying to explain that it is okay for colored people to drink from the same water fountain, then he would come to the realization that he might have been on the wrong and his previous ideology might had been real messed up on hindsight.

Like how Randall figured out his grandma was a racist in Clerks II.
>>
>>82147815
underrated
>>
>>82148246
This is fucking wrong.
Mutants are analogues to minorities, and when the x-men were good, there was a real talk about discrimination, and racism in the comics.

Inhumans are the polar opposite.
Making them relatable is really the opposite of what should be done with them.
>>
>>82148121
Only if we get Nicolas Cage cast as Arcade.
>>
>>82148657
>Really hope Dr. Strange has at least some.

They keep hyping it like the movie is some trippy Jodorowsky adaptation, but it's just going to be a lot of colorful cg enviornments.

maybe they'll be some dots
>>
>>82149014
This works off so well.
>>
>>82149096
Robert Cargill said in an Interview with the double toasted guys that they went towards some really weird places with the movie script.

That gave me hope for kirby dots.
>>
>>82146412
I wish /tv/ would go away.
>>
>>82148435
>>82148621
I've only seen the last 15 minutes and credits of Thor 1.
>>
>>82146360
Literally only Ike Perlmutter wanted this movie to happen, and he's now relegated to netflix shows.
Of course it's going to get cancelled.
>>
>>82148025
>>implying anyone (even most comic fans) gave a fuck about GotG or Jessica Jones before those properties hit the screen
This. GotG had about as many fans as the Starjammers had, maybe less. But still, I can't help but feel meh towards Inhumans, sure the ones that I've seen in team books have been pretty cool, but at the end of the day they are just mutants to me. 'Inhuman' and 'Mutant' are just reasons for why a character has a superpower, I don't really give a fuck about the races' plights as much as I do the individual characters.
>>
File: 1413989950514.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1413989950514.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>82147662
>are just casually shrugging off mutant extinction event #237 knowing it won't last.
Why? Why are X-fans such fucking acused housewifes that always go back to the same asshole husband? Do they like getting beat up and shat on? Are they idiots? Are they into S&M?
Look, if this industry makes you furstrated and obviously dosn't want you, it's about time you give the finger to character loyalty and just go spend your money somewhere else.
>>
>>82148497
FOX really pissed him off during the negotations to get the FF back. Ever since then, he's been trying to destroy the FF and X-Men to devalue the IP.
>>
Knowing some of the dealings Fox has done behind the scenes to make a cheap buck, especially to Alien; it really is hard not to sympathize with Perlmutter for dealing with their contradictory money grubbing shit.
>>
>>82149703
I think he's referring to the fact that Marvel tries to make its fans angry to boost sales and X-fags aren't angry
>>
>>82147662
>X-fans are just casually shrugging off mutant extinction event #237 knowing it won't last
All the shithuman/there killing the muggas/why is rogue on avengers instead of the x-men post say otherwise. The x-fags took this badly and god knows why they did. The inhumans never sold close the same amount as the x-books let alone passing them and yet they get uppity at the faintest mention of them. It was like seeing a heavyweight boxer being cautious of a quadriplegic.
>>
File: CarolVerse-003.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
CarolVerse-003.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>82148105
I actually enjoyed Carol before KDS started writing her and ran the character into the fucking ground. Brian Reed did some good things during the Ms Marvel solo, but sadly that was the last time she was worth reading, aside from her sudden appearance in the Last Days tie in of the Kamala Ms Marvel.
>>
>>82149832
>X-fags aren't angry
Have you been on /co/ or in any thread involving inhumans? They were mad as fuck.
>>
>>82148077
Yeah if they use ketch or blaze not that faggot
>>
>>82150181
Lets be honest, Blaze isnt getting a movie anytime soon. Ketch or Reyes seem more likely
>>
>>82150096
Angry about how Marvel is shilling the inhumans. There's a difference between that and being angry about the actual plot point like they would be if they turned Scott gay
>>
>>82150096
Also you have noticed x-fags in /co/ are really a minority, and I dont think anyone is spending money in a x-book that isnt uncanny or 92
>>
>>82147455
I'd watch that.
>>
>>82150258
Clearly you have not been a cyclops thread, they are salty about him being lucifer Hitler jr, in the worlds eyes and being killed off screen. People still bitch about bobby being gay but I will say this I don't thing anger is boosting sales like brevoort claims.

>>82150311
/co/ hardly buts anything all the buyfag threads are full of trade buyers, it is rare to see someone post proof of owning a floppy.
>>
>>82150510
Bobby being gay isn't related to the Inhumans shilling. As for Scott, that's more about how they're presenting it than the actual plot point. Marvel has being trying to bury Scott for so long and have failed at every turn. They finally figured that by fucking him off-screen and then having everyone talk about how evil he is they could avoid situations like AvX where fans cheered against what the writers wanted
>>
>>82147392
Thunderbolts
>>
>>82146450
>Inhuman fan
I don't know if this was a typing mistake, but if it was it's the most hilariously accurate one I've seen.
>>
>>82148028
This right here
>>
To be fair, it was kind of a mistake blowing their load and announcing 10 films all at once during that event in 2014. Statistically, one of them was inevitably going to run into issues, especially (then) five years out on the line-up.
>>
>>82149137
You know that would be good if Marvel made their own Ghost Rider movie.

I also wouldn't mind Affleck being cast as someone like Paladin or Bushwacker so that he can be in a good Daredevil production.
>>
>>82146450
All my keks
>>
File: 1453996038119.png (2 MB, 1142x870) Image search: [Google]
1453996038119.png
2 MB, 1142x870
Nooooooooo
>>
>>82151453
you are disgusting
>>
>>82148328
I really don't understand how you can have a rift when all it takes if for someone higher up the chain to say "tough shit do it this way"
>>
>>82147932
The FF movie rights were sold well over a decade before that came out.
>>
>>82151453
Who is this?
>>
>>82151453
DC fan here

what the fuck is this thing
>>
>>82146649
>Something I never understood is how they can use the Inhumans. Or the Kree. They both started in the pages of Fantastic Four.

What dipshit traded the fucking Inhumans for Kang? Because whoever gets Kang there is better off. (Although let us all laugh at the idea of a Fantastic Four movie without Doom as the enemy.)
>>
>>82152244
>>82152428
Kacy The inhuman that killed cyclops
>>
>>82152663
>The inhuman that killed cyclops
>killing the leader of the xmen

fuck inhumans
>>
can anyone even tell me what the point of inhumans is? They just seem like mutants under a different name
>>
>>82152745
>killing the leader of the xmen
Storm is still alive anon
>>
>>82152797
That's exactly their point.
>>
>>82146588
Westerns, Noir, & the Creature Feature genres once flourished as well.

Exorbitantly expensive Capeflicks? Their time will come & go as well.
>>
>>82146360
Captain America Civil War will be their peak on both review and boxoffice, it will be down fall after this.

Screencap this.
>>
>>82150255
Im a ketch fan, he's the one you want to use in the MCU, no deals with the devil or no satanic uncle, just a kid who found a motorcycle
>>
>>82152797
the point of the royal family was internal struggles with their government and occasionally the outside world unlike the X-men the majority of time the royal family don't engage in heroics and didn't concern themselves humans. Tied with their lore and stuff it works fine with the family and characters contained to their setting. The problems outside their setting it just feels like mutants. Trying to push the race as a whole was a bad idea, Marvel should have stuck with the royal family and created new characters from attilan or any of the other inhuman cities..
>>
>>82147560
Bucky dies. 8 film contract was a ruse.
>>
>>82147662
Ms. Marvel has been successful, and she's technically an Inhuman.
Barely.
>>
>>82146360
>Right now Disney is in damage control claiming the movie is simply on hold but looks like the rift between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios is growing.
Good. Perlmutter is a fucking hack and Disney should just have him assassinated already.
>>
>>82153525
yeah, they're just going to do black panther and thor for the royal intrigue apparently.
>>
>>82148149
Land Atlanteans.
>>
>>82153610
>most of her villains are inhuman
>trains at attilan
>worked with lockjaw for most of her first volume
>actually is inhuman
>barely
That would be like saying molly hayes is barely a mutant.
>>
>>82152797
Originally, they were a secret society of superpowered people. Like proto-Eternals.

Now, their power source is being used as a weapon and just randomly turning people in Inhumans because Marvel needed a power origin that wasn't Mutants.
>>
>>82153790
When most people see Lockjaw, they just think "Funny Space Dog".
Already after Secret Wars Kamala is being associated way more with Avengers and Teen Heroes.
I honestly remember her involvement with Loki more than Medusa. And really weird power fog is just as much as a quick power origin cop out as the old spilled science chemicals on myself.
>>
>>82148684
But how would Blackagar call a broken bottle a nigger knife?
and who would be trying to take back porch monkey?
>>
>>82153702
I was talking for the comics, it would be silly to run royal stories in three separate movie franchise contained in the same continuity. Marvel gets shit for Ant-man being similar to ironman 1. The only way the inhumans could work in the movies would be to have them as villain within their own film, like war of kings. Have BB stomping through Galaxy because of some wrong the aliens did him.
>>
>>82152663
Is that legit? Or is that some waifu headcanon since they haven't shown us wtf happened to Cyke? I don't read Inhumans and I don't read most X-titles, but I feel like that's someone I would have herd about.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 270x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 270x208
>>82152663
Cyclops can't get a break
>>
>>82146649
The contract with Fox stipulates that they can use any creative concepts from FF V1 issues 1-100; anything past that would probably be negotiated individually.
>>
>>82153972
>When most people see Lockjaw, they just think "Funny Space Dog".
To ignore the entire point of him being sent their and go "funny space dog" is a high level of ignorance.

>Already after Secret Wars Kamala is being associated way more with Avengers and Teen Heroes.
Naturally, she wouldn't fit with the inhumans the tones are too different and I'm pretty sure Civil war is suppose to drive a wedge between Kamala and Carol/Medusa.

>I honestly remember her involvement with Loki more than Medusa. And really weird power fog is just as much as a quick power origin cop out as the old spilled science chemicals on myself.
Lab accidents don't usually have a race tied to them anon that is a terrible analogy. The loki thing is just your personal experience. especially since loki himself was only around for a chapter.

The point is she is still Inhuman, being loosely affiliated with the royal family doesn't change that. Just like being mutants that aren't X-men are still mutants. Crystal has spent more page time with the F4 and the Avengers than she has with her family and is still inhuman.
>>
>>82154290
>>82154591
I was just joking
>>
>>82154767
Just making sure, you never can tell these days man.
>>
>>82154633
Lockjaw is a funny space dog and Kamala's ties to the Inhuman royal family are the Inhuman equivalent of being related to the Summers.
Thankfully Kamala is a good character on her own and didn't need the "push".
>>
>>82154767
Oh man I wish you weren't, my sides have imploded from the thought of that
>>
RT predictions

Doctor Strange 85%
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 92%
Spider-Man: Homecoming 88%
Thor: Ragnarok (Planet Hulk) 82%
>>
>>82154907
>didn't need the "push".
Anon Kamala got pushed to the moon by Ike. All those guest spots, being in three fucking games, audio version of her first chapter the cover actually being used as the ad for Audio comics for a bit. Several interviews and even TV spots. You must not look at actual marvel ads if you don't know how hard she was pushed. Seriously look at any of the the new character solos from ANAD and compare them to all the attention ms marvel got even BEFORE it came out. I don't know if she needed the push but she sure as hell got it. Kamalafags seem to be utterly oblivious to how much she got before the sales even began.
>>
>>82147841
I wonder if the royal family will show up in the next season of AoS, now that the movie is on hiatus.
>>
>>82153233
>implying the world isn't going to go apeshit when GotG meets the Avengers in IW
>>
>>82146360
On one hand, I hope this means the comics can be good again and don't have to have synergy with the movies. Get some real X-Men comics and such again.

On the other hand, nice things never happen.
>>
>>82155328
It would be pretty weird in term of current AoS inhuman lore.
>>
>>82146360
Does this mean the TV shows won't link with the movies? Because that would suck.

I wonder if the split between Feige and Perlmutter has to do with Feige being a Hollywood liberal and Perlmutter being a Trump supporter.
>>
>>82146482
Well, he's making money.
>>
>>82147820
I don't understand why anyone thinks the X-Men will go back to Marvel anytime soon. The property has to become poison before that can happen, and Deadpool was a huge success.
>>
>>82155069
I'd say Thor gets a 75% at best. The trilogy has been some of the worst movies of the MCU, and there isn't a lot riding that Ragnarok will be any better.
>>
>>82155407
The TV shows exist as stand-alone and AoS is moonlighting by filling the gaps in movies.

I'm perfectly fine with it. For now anyway. As long as AoS won't start getting twisted and forced to abandon and retcon to fit into movie verse to its detriment.
>>
>>82155485
Forgot to mention the director is the same person who directed Green Lantern.
>>
>>82153663
>Disney fire Feige and let Perlmutter's bio take control of Marvel film.

How fuck are you, anon?
>>
>>82155485
But it's going to be completely different. It's going to be Planet Hulk + Thor.
>>
>>82151453

>This fucking thing killed cyclops

okay i hate the inhumans
>>
>>82148025
GOTG or JJ weren't rip-offs
>>
They should just allocate that storyline to Agents of SHIELD.

By 2017, they'll already have established the Secret Warriors, Lash and Orollan, and Alveus's character.

At that point they'll be dancing around Attilan and the Royal Family.

If the movie gets cancelled they can just deal with that on SHIELD(although they'd probably need a larger budget if they're going to do that)
>>
>>82155399
Only fragments of the AoS Inhumans lore has been established. Nothing about the Royal Family's backstory from the comics outright contradicts whats been established.
>>
>>82146360
Fucking good. I don't want Marvel Studios to touch Inhumans until they can work out a deal with Fox for X-men the same way the worked out a deal with Sony for Spider-man. The whole idea of branding all mutants as Inhumans was stupid as fuck from minute one and nobody wants comic canon to be a slave to studio politics.
>>
>>82156412
>can work out a deal with Fox for X-men the same way the worked out a deal with Sony for Spider-man
Literally never going to happen.
>>
>>82150510
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>82146360
Did anybody actually want to see an Inhumans movie?
>>
>>82156471
it actually happened
we just don't know the details
>>
>>82156412
I want that to happen and I want them to fucked F4 and every character that tied to Fox even more. I want to see how stupid and petty they can be and how long does it take until they completely ruined their own comic.
>>
>>82156617
of course not. it's just that mcucks will eat up anything shitted by marvel
>>
>>82156617
I wanted a live action black bolt, Karnak, and lockjaw. I have not looked forward to any MCU movie with the plot in mind
>>
>>82156617
Nobody likes the Inhumans. Not even Marveldrones like the Inhumans.

That movie was only planned because Marvel sold off all their interesting properties. They built the whole MCU on a bunch of B-Listers.
>>
>>82156830
>B-Listers

I know you're mainly talking about Iron Man pre-2008 but come on now, people knew who Captain America or the Hulk were back then
>>
>>82157110
Hulk is half marvel, because he is distributed by universal
>>
>>82146360
so now Agents of Shield will likely will relate nothing to the films and be ignored by the masses.
good
>>
>>82157262
>so now Agents of Shield will likely will relate nothing to the films and be ignored by the masses.

so nothing has changed
>>
>>82157662
you be surprised by the jackasses that said shit like "it's gonna matter when Inhumans film comes out!"
>>
>>82155069
Strange - 80
GOTG2 - 90
Spider-Man - 90
Thor (Probably Not Planet Hulk) - 70
>>
MY BEST FRIENDS ARE INHUMANS. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
>>
>>82159368
INHUMANS KEEP WALKING

THIS IS A MUTANT BOARD
>>
Don't fuck with x-fags, niggas
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 660x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 660x933
Xmen are clearly superior than Inhumans, but there is one thing that makes me like a few of them.

Kamala is just too damn cute. CUTE!
>>
What I don't get is why Marvel just doesn't use the fox movies as free advertising.

how well is the MOVIE SYNERGY even working anyways
>>
>>82160099
don't worry, she'll be retconned into mutant, once this bullshit is over
>>
>>82151698

The rift is due to two different guys high up the chain having a pissing contest with each other.
>>
>>82160149
they want to, but ike the kike doesn't allow them.
keep in mind that x-men had like 16 ongoings in 2011, the mutants were brought back after avx, and everything seemed to be fine until recently
>>
>>82160195
if they do retcon her origin, I think they'll just go standard radiation/alien fuckery origin
>>
>>82160239
either way, it's win-win
>>
>>82160231
Wasn't the aftermath of AvX supposed to be an attempt at making the mutant half of 616 blend more naturally with the rest of it? If so it's disappointing that got stopped to immediately toss mutants back to the endangered species status quo and have a lot of Inhumans/"NuHumans" pop up. One of these days it'll finally happen....
>>
>>82146412
/tv/, please. Baneposting is hilarious, we get it. The whole kino shit? Just drop it. It's never going to stick.
>>
>>82157262
>non-canon meme turned up to be true
>>
>>82152745
>>82154290
>>82154591
The fact that multiple people believe that Balloon Head could kill Cyclops just astounds me.
>>
File: kacy.jpg (17 KB, 152x243) Image search: [Google]
kacy.jpg
17 KB, 152x243
>>82163772
just look at her. She is a clearly a skilled killer that could easily destroy Cylcops.
>>
>>82163840
Maybe it's revealed that when Cyclops starts warring against Inhumans, she inflates herself so large and explodes in a blast that kills Cyclops and his army.
>>
>no more Inhumans being shoved down our throats
Marvel comics are saved, SAVED!
>>
>>82153021
not if they follow the current formula of making the movies genre+.
>>
>>82146360
Wait wait wait.
Perlmutter actually knows shit about comics?
>>
>>82146450
We did it Reddit!
>>
>>82147522
And yet not Silver Surfer's? Despite having more standalone comics to his name at the time than Inhumans, Panther and Warlock combined?
Stupidity.
>>
>>82146552
>squid ward
>>
File: KarnakDoesTheRightThing.jpg (276 KB, 649x998) Image search: [Google]
KarnakDoesTheRightThing.jpg
276 KB, 649x998
>>82146450
Seeing as no-one else posted it...
>>
>>82153341
ketch also has more interesting things to him
the tank like bike
better villians
Midnight sons
the most recognisable design
and he has that young adult angle that we havnt seen in the MCU yet
>>
>>82164339
Why did he kill himself anyway?
>>
>>82147126
Gunn mentioned in his last Q&A that Marvel Studios wanted to expand their cosmic stuff and that he was consulting them on it.

So yeah we might see more than GotG.
>>
>>82152428
>>82152244
Kacy is one of Lash's minions. She only appears in one issue, and her power is to inflate her head.
>>
File: 227.jpg (176 KB, 600x932) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
176 KB, 600x932
pic related
>>
File: EndResultOfKarnaksGoodIdea.jpg (268 KB, 649x873) Image search: [Google]
EndResultOfKarnaksGoodIdea.jpg
268 KB, 649x873
>>82164356
Basically he got found out for using Alpha Primitives as slaves again.
>>
>>82164364
She was in three issues anon
>>
>>82164377
Got pics?
>>
File: 1443893048690.gif (716 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1443893048690.gif
716 KB, 512x512
>>82148269
>the first movie would be about
Thank God you're not directing, then.
>>
>>82147392
I could throw all sort of zany ideas out there but none would be more appropriate than >>82150666
>>
File: 1453357432498.png (118 KB, 489x461) Image search: [Google]
1453357432498.png
118 KB, 489x461
>>82155328
I'd dig it.
>>
>>82164385
She was in inhuman 13 and 14 no lines, and andre drew it so it looks terrible. Also her hair is antennae for some reason.
>>
File: 1459529968155.png (87 KB, 253x333) Image search: [Google]
1459529968155.png
87 KB, 253x333
>tfw no Vin Diesel Black Bolt after all
The greatest tragedy to come out of this.
>>
No one cares about Inhumans and this was an objectively correct decision.

Now someone tell Marvel to stop shilling for them so hard in the comics.
>>
File: dc5.jpg (158 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
dc5.jpg
158 KB, 553x936
>>82148018
And Captain Britain.
And Man-Thing.
And Secret Wars.
>>
>>82146455
Classic Inhumans I care about.

Nuhumans no one gives a fuck about them.
>>
>>82164428
the hair was a coloring mistake
>>
>>82148149
Halfway point between mutants and Eternals (which are themselves basically MCU's Gods).
As such they're not as good as either.
The most interesting thing they have going for them is the cultural aspect, rife with eugenics and caste systems. Which Marvel has been keen to undermine since decades before this push started anyway. See: thew ramifications of your power being turned into a fucking dog forever.
...Jeez I just realized how appealing an Inhumans movie would be if it mercilessly aped off Endtown.
>>
>>82155069
Here's mine
Doctor Strange: 79%
GotG vol. 2: 88%
Spider-Man Homcoming: 85%
Ragnarok: 77%
>>
>>82155069
>>82164526
>I need RT to tell me if I should like or dislike a movie
Like clockwork.
>>
So when can we dump the Captain Marvel movie and just make one about Kamala instead?
>>
>>82164566
I would like if they went down the Ant-Man route and made Carol a washed up old superheroine who has to train Kamala into taking up her old title.
>>
>>82146455
Seriously. They're boring as absolute fuck. If we use them as teplacement x-men they'll only be more inconceivably dull.
>>
>>82164517
>Eternals
>good
They are terrible
>>
File: 1.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
1.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
>>82148579
>He is a big black bolt fan
I bet he is.
>>
File: 1455755914178.jpg (126 KB, 1093x426) Image search: [Google]
1455755914178.jpg
126 KB, 1093x426
>>82148657
>Dr. Strange
>Kirby dots
>>
>>82149827
Ike sounds like a fuckhead in every story told about him, it's not hard at all.
>>
>>82164428
Where did her pupils go?!
>>
File: 1454372754194.png (267 KB, 493x739) Image search: [Google]
1454372754194.png
267 KB, 493x739
>>82148105
Guilty.
>>
>>82164356
Soemthing something flaws something.
>>
File: 1449601430551.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1449601430551.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
>>82164566
Don't worry they'll clearly set he up as Carol's successor as early as Phase 4.
>>82164597
>cucking Mar-Vell out of his only viable role
p-pls no
>>
>>82164630
Better than fucking Inhumans that's for sure.
Also fuck you in general they're the purest refined Kirby.
>>
File: Avengers (1998-2004) 005-003.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1998-2004) 005-003.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82148105
yo
>>
File: Carol reacts to Civil War II.jpg (56 KB, 400x451) Image search: [Google]
Carol reacts to Civil War II.jpg
56 KB, 400x451
>>82164848
Mai murder-waifu.
I want to protect that smile.
>>
>>82164779
They are a convoluted mess and the deviants are the only thing good about their stories. They are literally rip offs asgardians in every way possible. They all have the superman flying brick power set except makkari who gets to be flash. They were worst than the Inhumans.
>>
>>82165048
I want to choke the shit out of you
10/10 bait
>>
>>82165046
Carol needs to be the star of the Skrull Invasion movie.
>>
File: 1986.05.Eternals.v1.008.p02-03.jpg (561 KB, 1388x1000) Image search: [Google]
1986.05.Eternals.v1.008.p02-03.jpg
561 KB, 1388x1000
>>82165048
>convoluted
You can't be serious. They're easy as fuck to understand. Easier than Asgardians, there's a reason the MCU lent their way.
>ripoffs
I like Thor more too but come on, bruv. They're streamlined Asgardians, all the sci-fi splendor without any of Lee's mercurial mythology weighing it down. Asgardians weren't even explained until a decade after Kirby.
>They all have superman flying brick power
And?

Also Eternals have Celestials. check & m8 athetits
>>
File: Excaligirl.png (221 KB, 378x355) Image search: [Google]
Excaligirl.png
221 KB, 378x355
>>82165140
How about we don't do a Skrull Invasion movie and say we did?
>>
>>82163974

Every single Marvel movie is an action comedy.
>>
>>82165291
too bad that most of times it's not even funny
>>
>>82153021
>said the comic publisher in 1963
>>
>>82165340
sure, because capeshit sells like hotcakes
oh wait, if not for star wars, marvel would probably be dead again
>>
>>82165330

I was actually excited for Ant-Man since they were just going to go full comedy.

Then it wasn't funny.
>>
>>82165187

>And?
and that is boring when every character has the same moves let alone the clark special. At least sersi mixes it up a bit. Also them being next to impossible to kill really takes the stakes out of things.

>Also Eternals have Celestials. check & m8 athetits

The Celestials are sluts and NTR'd away from the Eternals by the mutants.

You're right about the first point the only thing off with them is having to share being of legend with the pantheon gods.
>>
>>82164630
You're right. New Gods are better.
>>
>>82146360

>Disney is in damage control

Disney is probably responsible for this somehow. They were doing okay, if not going slow before Disney showed up. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
>>
>>82146450

Speaking of? Has anyone seen him today? I'm worried about him.
>>
>>82147560
Bucky and Sam are bros, we can have both in a movie
>>
>>82165490
he never existed in the first place
>>
>>82150666

Nice Satan, if Suicide Squid is successful they might actually look into Thuderbolts. It's a similar concept.
>>
>>82163974
Sadly, they use the same rote template of Hero faces dark reflection of himself.

Marvel don't always be on top of the world.
>>
It's good that they're willing to re-evaluate their plans rather than charging head long into something that just doesn't fit. This also could have something to do with recent negotiations with Fox to which we're still unaware of what Marvel got out of the deal.
>>
>>82164429
Depends. He could still show up in another movie.

Hell, you could have Inhumans as semi antagonists in Captain Marvel and really push the Kree angle on them.

Or have Vin pull double duty in Guardians 3.
>>
>>82164630
Still more interesting than the Inhumans.

I mean, at least the Eternals have someone to fight, in the Deviants.

Inhumans are basically just Leave Me Alone: The Civilization. Done less interstingly than Wakanda.
>>
>>82165745
no point talking with the troll
Eternals had Gaiman at best
while inhumemes got only jenkins.
No contest whatsoever
>>
>>82165745
So you haven't read any inhuman stories? Besides largely the Eternals don't fight the deviants they honestly had more trouble with the Celestials.
>>
>>82165365
Only took 50 years!
>>
>>82165365
DC's sales aren't any better honestly.
>>
File: 1449178982790.gif (2 MB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1449178982790.gif
2 MB, 125x125
>>82165699
>Hell, you could have Inhumans as semi antagonists in Captain Marvel
Oh shit, I just remembered this is precisely what I wanted way back before the Inhumans movie was officially announced.
ON TO THE PROMISED LAND
>>
>>82165937
no shit. but we are talking about the great astonishing unstoppable marvel!! do you see the exclamation marks?

look at them again!!!!!
>>
>>82165745
>Maximus
>the kree
>maelstrom
>unspoken
>other inhuman cities
At least their enemies are a threat to them. It takes an act of god to kill an Eternal.
>>
>>82165961
inhumans never interacted with ms marvel
x-men have more in common with carol than inhumans ever had
>>
>>82165745
>Inhumans are basically just Leave Me Alone: The Civilization
for decades the Inhumans were one of Earth's main representatives in intergalactic politics
>>
>>82165975
if anything, I am happy that mcu doesn't own mutants
otherwise, wolverine would be an avenger (huge ugh)
and we would pg friendly mutants
>>
>>82166012
suuuure they were, when they weren't busy moving from moon to earth back and forth
>>
>>82166034
They come back to earth until the mid 90s
>>
>>82166088
>They come back to earth until the mid 90s
They didn't come back i mean
>>
>>82166102
yaaawn. that's very interesting. really
>>
>>82165998
I'm aware. Like he said, Kree connection.
The story for Captain Marvel's gonna have to be OC anyway might as well use whatever you can justify.
>>
File: 1.jpg (193 KB, 659x993) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
193 KB, 659x993
>>82165975
Which is what they're often up against.
>>
>>82147820
that will never ever happen. Marvel Studios and Fox aren't on great terms.
>>
>>82166202
>Ike the kike and Tom Rothman aren't on great terms.
fixed that for you, and none of them have any say in anything movie related anymore.
>>
>often
That happened at the end and after a lot of planning. they made it clear early on that the Deviants have no shot against them. At best Kro could take a weak Eternal. The Celestials don't attack them unless they openly defy them like in the Thor team up.
>>
>>82166181
see>>82166251
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.