[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ feel about photonovels? >A photonovel (so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Grease-The-Fotonovel-8.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Grease-The-Fotonovel-8.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
How does /co/ feel about photonovels?

>A photonovel (sometimes spelled as fotonovel) is a type of book, adapting a film or television episode and using film stills instead of artwork along with the narrative text and word balloons containing dialogue. The photonovel concept was most popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s, before the widespread advent of home recording devices such as VCRs, though some are still published. Several popular films and television programs were adapted to the format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photonovel
>>
>>82064271
That's dumb.
>>
>>82064271
It's stupid.
>>
They're fucking awful and they hurt my eyes and I hate them ree.
>>
>>82064271
Does the company formerly known as Bluewater still make that shit?
>>
I've read a couple of Byrne's Star Trek ones and mostly they look weird

They always make me think of bad fan comics that use sprites and stuff instead of drawing
>>
File: alien photonovel 1.jpg (646 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
alien photonovel 1.jpg
646 KB, 2048x1360
>>
File: alien photonovel 2.jpg (508 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
alien photonovel 2.jpg
508 KB, 2048x1360
>>
>>82064271
I know it mainly as something which was used for small humoristic/parodic stories in France by people like Gébé, Choron or Léandri in Hara Kiri and Fluide Glacial
>>
>>82064271
Why would anyone want to read a Happy Days comic?
>>
Shit is so awful that I'm intrigued by them
>>
>>82064271
Honestly I can't help but be intrigued by the concept of comics with photos.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.