[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought this was pretty good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 554x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 554x850
I thought this was pretty good.
>>
>>82056861
So it just the three OGNs or do you have to read all those other minis he made in between them as well?
>>
I want someone to storytime all the new Marvel Starlin stuff. I can't find downloads for everything
>>
Well Starlin never writes below certain standard and his Thanos is always enjoyable if somewhat mary-sue-ish sometimes.

Also Warlock being clueless never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>82058528
>>82057152
Reading order of Jim Starlin's Marvel NOW! Thanos works:
>Thanos Annual
>The Infinity Revelation
>The Infinity Relativity
>The Infinity Entity
>The Infinity Finale
>>
>>82056861
I liked it too and I hated hiw ujser the radar this was but casuals can't take anything that's not a straightforward quip comic.
>>
>>82060437
What about Hulk vs. Thanos? Does that fit in anywhere or is it its own story?
>>
>>82060322
I like his Thanos because he's interesting, crazy, philosophical and not just some 2D cliche villain like Hickman writes him or some edgelord serial killer who vivisected his mother like how Aaron did him (first Thanos said it himself that he just kills, doesn't torture, and I like him nuking his own mother and a bunch of other people better than him opening her up just because).
>>
>>82060489
Standalone, but canon continuity-wise.
>>
I've been meaning to pick up and read this series ever since I finished with the old Starlin Adam Warlock stuff.

Also had someone point out to me how similar his Warlock comic is to Puella Magi Madoka Magica in some aspects which is fucking true.
>>
>>82060552
Yeah, that mini was pure cancer. And frankly, Hickman did improve Thanos after Infinity, just not enough because of the Doomwank. then again, Secret Wars were so fucking underwhelming that Thanos on the Wall was one of the brightest parts of it.
>>
>>82060911
I find that a lot of writers tend to write Thanos and Doom as so similiar, they always have to make the other look bad.
For instance, in Infinity War, Starlin practically had Doom (and Kang) as comic relief, blundering about to steal the Magus's power.
>>
>>82060651
It's not standalone, it's actually important to the story in OGNs.
>>
>>82061698
Then is Thanos vs. Hulk set before Revelation or Relativity?
>>
>>82060437
Vs hulk should be in there, but that doesn't help anon if he can't find the comics
>>
>>82061986
See >>82061799
>>
>>82061799
Before Revelation
>>
>>82062051
Thank you.
>>
>>82062067
I'm sorry, I meant after. Long day.
>>
>>82061018
Starlin takes a more "silver age-y" stand on Doom. Mostly because they ARE similar so they'd be redundant in the same story if written the same way.

But in Starlin's stories Doom is always competent and dangerous
>>
>>82063137
Yeah, he survived IG blast, that is probably his best feat of durability ever.
>>
>>82060651
>>82061698
>>82061799
>>82062067

You guys are missing Entity too. The complete five act with prologue story Starlin told goes:

Thanos Annual
Infinity Revelation
Thanos Vs. Hulk
Infinity Relativity
Infinity Entity
Infinity Finale
>>
>>82060552

I heard that in this series Starlin relegates Thanos Rising to having been the life story to some alternate Thanos, and not the story of 616 Thanos.
>>
>>82060813

This series sort of acts as an epilogue to the Hickman stuff. So.... there's a lot going on by now.
>>
Nice deluxe hardcover of this entire project when?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.