[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw Adult Swim removed the 24/7 Ghost Planet marathon stream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Unknown-7.jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-7.jpg
6 KB, 274x184
>mfw Adult Swim removed the 24/7 Ghost Planet marathon stream from their website
>>
>>82046966
Adult Swim is going down the shitter.
Mark my words.
>>
>>82047023
Clearly. The block itself is pretty much unwatchable on now since most of what they air is FOX reruns or Robot Chicken, with stuff like Aqua Teen and Squidbillies really being the only other originals that are still allowed to regularly air.

And then they started the daily marathon streams for the devoted AS fans, but now it mostly just features Mr. Pickles, Robot Chicken, Loiter Squad, Tim and Eric, and Rick and Morty for weeks on end.
>>
>>82046966
on the bright side theres a new space ghost comic coming
>>
>>82047023
My dick is going up your shitter.
Mark my words.
>>
>>82047023
I think the only thing from AS I watch anymore are Informercials and I think they post all those on their Youtube.
>>
fuck mike lazzo
>>
>>82047023
Somebody want to tell me why we need the McFarlane Trio on Adult Swim? We can cut the Cleveland Show, can't we? I wake up at 4 AM to get ready for work. I stop to watch something to finish waking up at 5, and it's the fucking Cleveland show every day. The same episodes loop back around within a month or so because the fucking show had two seasons. We could have some other show take it's place. Hell, I'd accept having literally, actually ANY other show be in that time slot. Fuck that damned show until it dies.
>>
>>82048707
Because for some godforsaken reason it draws in consistently large ratings and they don't want to jeopardize that by putting on, you know, actually decent AS originals.
>>
>>82046966
it was unwatchably choppy anyway
>>
>>82049200
this
when we kill all the normies we need to find a way to replace them because holy shit they are holding up the economy in a lot of places.
>>
[Extreme sighing]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkup4zo97E0
>>
File: 1442304720731.jpg (77 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1442304720731.jpg
77 KB, 540x960
>waking up for 1 hour of Space Ghost/Harvey/Sealab/Brak Show on TV every day
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1024x768
Rip Ghost Planet, it will be missed
>>
>>82050179
I remember getting up at 5 and watching Home Movies and Inuyasha every day before class.
>>
>>82050212
F U C K
I remember that
https://youtu.be/n-E_ToLbzLw
>That fucking Ferris wheel
>>
Mike Lazzo is an embarrassment. I can't fathom what he sees in Mr. Pickles, but, still, he's really trying to make it AS' new flagship show and has had AS shove the show down people's throats (constant promos on-air, most of the posts on the AS Facebook are about Mr. Pickles, there's shitty Mr. Pickles merchandise that AS.com is hawking, etc.)
>>
When did they start having streams on their website? I never noticed before
>>
>>82050418
They advertise it a while back.
>>
>>82050311
Based taste, anon. That was my favorite part of my favorite OP of that show too.
>>
>>82050479
D'oh, I fuckin' meant ED.
>>
>>82050418
Back in like 2014. The Ghost Planet one was a bit more recent though.
>>
>>82050339
i feel like every new [as] show gets pimped that hard

but nothing will ever be pimped harder than rick and morty was
>>
>tfw people complain about how much AS had gone downhill by the turn of the decade, but even the AS of just a few years ago was much superior to the current lineup

Hell just look at 2012. The weekdays were roughly the same as they are now except with an hour less of FOX shows and Brak/Sealab/Space Ghost and Off the Air in DVR Theater

Saturdays you only had one Family Guy, and the rest was God the Devil and Bob/Home Movies, an hour of King of the Hill, The Boondocks, and then anime at midnight

Sundays also only had 1 Family Guy, with The Venture Bros, Harvey Birdman, Robot Chicken, and Squidbillies airing in the pre-midnight hours, and then China, Il., Frankenhole, Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, and Eric Andre after midnight.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>82051370
>>What the fuck happened?

FG proved far more profitable than any of those other shows
>>
>>82051370
>all that variety
I'd kill for a similar lineup.
>>
>>82051185
Yup. In between season one and season two, there was a period of time in which AS was airing the same Rick and Morty reruns 4 times on Sunday nights. Literally like every 2 hours or so, Rick and Morty would be on again.
>>
>>82046966
Why aren't they investing on more original content anymore? i know family guy and friends generates views but the original content is why people watched adult swin.
>>
>>82051707
Oh but they are. There will a be new Rick and Morty season next year and to fill the gap in between now and then, there's more Mr. Pickles and Robot Chicken on the way and an untitled Worldstar Hip Hop project in the works.
>>
>>82051795
brad neely's new show is coming like next month
>>
File: 1460249624679.gif (1 MB, 336x438) Image search: [Google]
1460249624679.gif
1 MB, 336x438
>>82051907
Don't forget MDE's show is happening this year too
>>
>>82048707
Because it's the shitty Mcfarlene show that is basically holding the block and giving them money to even do the experimental shows and infomercials. Family Guy and Cleveland Show suck, but the fact remains it's their highest rating show and nobody gives or ever gave a shit about their original programming.

It's also why their pushing Rick and Morty really hard as well, it's the first original show of theirs that has large success with the general public.

But really, I feel like partial blame also goes to no merchandising and marketing to shows like Venture Bros. and Boondocks that do have potential to be large scale success.
>>
>>82052372
>Boondocks that do have potential to be large scale success.
The Boondocks is the only Adult Swim original to ever get hit 3 million viewers in a telecast.
>>
Rick and Morty is the only reason I still care about AS.
>>
Ghost Planet stream?

I stopped being a daily watcher when they killed Space Ghost for the 5th time.
>>
Mark my words, AS is going to undergo a major change this year and completely move away from its older style
>>
>>82051707
i dont get it either. they had some of the cheapest and most successful shows for YEARS, and then suddenly decided.. eh fuckit. no more williams street shows.
>>
>>82056343
Blame Lazzo
>>
Oh FUK
>>
:(
>>
bastards
>>
>>82047023
this
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.