[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a "character is too poor to afford clothes/they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
>It's a "character is too poor to afford clothes/they somehow lost their clothes so they have to wear a barrel" scenario
>>
I always wondered how they hooked straps up to the barrel. It seems hard to do.
>>
>>82046027
I guess you can nail old suspenders into the inside of the barrel, it is just wood
but then you'd have protruding sharp nails that'll poke people but you are dirt poor so no one wants to be around you so no problem
>>
At least it isn't a flour sack.
>>
>>82044177
It's like you don't appreciate the classic gags.
>>
>>82046107
Just nail them from the outside in so you don't offend anyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 190x153) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 190x153
>character is in science class
>E=MC2 and the solar system is scribbled on the board

Every fucking time in every fucking series ever
>>
>>82046413
then you got the pointy end pointing toward you
you know what, just hammer the point to the side or steal a file or a hacksaw to make them dull nubs
>>
>>82046413
Yeah, and then you can ram into people with your protruding nail-nipples!
>>
>>82046107
>>82046413
>>82046532
once you've nailed the suspenders in, strike the protruding ends so the nail bends, continue until sharp end of nail is flush with barrel.
>>
File: Intense thought.jpg (8 KB, 261x216) Image search: [Google]
Intense thought.jpg
8 KB, 261x216
Do they still make wooden barrels now?

Are they cheaper than clothes?

Are writers lazy hacks, who rely on hundred year old gags?
>>
>>82049733
Yeah, they should update it to something more modern. Like wearing clothing made of old cell phones stringed together.
>>
>Bart's teeth not coloured in

trig'd
>>
>>82046512
well you dont want them forgetting what E equals
>>
>>82049733
in the first place the gag was already kind of a stretch, being that it was a german punishment for drunkenness
>>
>>82046512
Futurama always broke that rule
>>
>>82044177
I legitimately can't tell if this is badly drawn rule34 or an average quality Simpsons comic. Why do Bongo Comics suck so much?That's rhetorical.
>>
>>82044177
This joke makes no sense. You can most likely get clothing from a marked down store cheaper than you can get a barrel.
>>
>>82050220
I still can't believe Simpsons comics exist and have done so for over 20 years. And I've even read a few.
>>
>>82049733
>Do they still make wooden barrels now?
If you live in Chile, Argentina. Australia, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and California you know they are pretty cheap
>>
>>82049733
they still make wooden barrels.
they're only cheaper than clothes if you wear bullshit 6000 dollar designer shit
>>
>>82049733
fun fact!: a barrel maker is properly called a cooper
>>
>>82051322
>they're only cheaper than clothes if you wear bullshit 6000 dollar designer shit

Not at all, you can buy a barrel for less than $20 in
>>82050722

But it will be used, and it will smell bad, really bad. Just drive to the local winery and talk to someone about used ones that are not longer being used.
Hipsters and rich idiots pay hundreds for polished barrels that are exactly the same.

t. i work on a winery
>>
File: 1457984428395.png (227 KB, 446x318) Image search: [Google]
1457984428395.png
227 KB, 446x318
The comic always tried to deliver...
>>
>>82054226
you get one
>>
>>82044177
I bet they didn't even have the guts to show Bart losing his barrel later on.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.