[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: splice.jpg (47 KB, 961x721) Image search: [Google]
splice.jpg
47 KB, 961x721
Remember the episode where Terry crusaded against Trans-rights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILdwhHysx_M
>>
>>82040984
Mercy with snake eyes, well i do like jacking it in the office supplies closet. We were running low on white out anyway.
>>
File: splice2.png (249 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
splice2.png
249 KB, 640x480
>>82040984
Yes, and even Dana almost got to be a wild animal.
>>
File: terry-and-dana.jpg (17 KB, 337x253) Image search: [Google]
terry-and-dana.jpg
17 KB, 337x253
>>82041413
Tuff luck
>>
File: tumblr_n8uqf6kjNO1th712ho5_250.png (66 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8uqf6kjNO1th712ho5_250.png
66 KB, 250x188
How come these girls wanted to become pretty?
>>
>fedora vampires
>4:30
>Batman beyond created the term normies

I cant wait for the beta spliced uprising in...
>2039

That's too far away REEEEEEE
>>
>>82040984
if splicing becomes a thing the furries will take over
>>
Getting spliced as a teen would be like tattoos are now, but even more regrettable and irreversible when you become an adult.
>>
>>82040984
>Popular attractive girl
>Just has her eyes done
>Has cards ready
Clearly Chelsea was getting a discount by advertising for the company.

>Dat Ice T cameo
>>
>>82042177
Splicing is verbatim gene therapy, and we are nowhere close to getting that shit worked out yet
>>
>>82042445
Yes, and she will have her eyes on you.
>>
I feel like Terry was an unlikable character most of the time. Then again, so was Beyond Bruce. He didn't feel anything like Bruce from the rest of the DCAU.

Does /co/ generally feel that way as well?
>>
File: Onekiss.png (201 KB, 620x459) Image search: [Google]
Onekiss.png
201 KB, 620x459
>>82042585
Yes but he is sexy to the girls.
>>
File: tumblr_lf3tcjHBSS1qd5hjz[1].jpg (19 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lf3tcjHBSS1qd5hjz[1].jpg
19 KB, 220x300
GOD DAMN SPLOICERS!!!
>>
File: BATMAN-BEYOND-SPLICERS-TONE.jpg (257 KB, 1402x811) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN-BEYOND-SPLICERS-TONE.jpg
257 KB, 1402x811
This is an amazing show.
>>
>>82042585
I haven't watched it in a long time, but Terry's a teenager. Teenagers aren't the most likable. Even so, I thought he was a cool guy. He was a tough kid who was starting to get bitter, being Batman was basically his excuse to let out his frustrations in a positive way. I seem to remember him mellowing out as he got older.

As for Bruce, the show made it pretty clear that by this point he'd ostracized himself from everyone who ever cared about him and made a point not to be anyone's friend. His bitterness and cynicism, which I think you can see in the rest of the DCAU shows, though not as prevalent as here, had finally won out. He's still a good person in that he wants to do good how he can, but he's definitely not a happy person.
>>
>>82040984
>It establishes me as an individual, just like all my friends
>It's the future whether you stinking norms (cis) like it or not
So far it seems just like the losers in real life
>People cheer at the freaks getting beat up
Haha sorry my mistake life is bleak
>>
>>82042585
I think for the DCAU at least Bruce was being just being himself for the first time ever. He spent however many years alone and bitter he physically wasn't capable of being Batman.

Terry came off as what I think Robin, any Robin would have been like while working for/with Batman. And that means the mission comes first, at all times. I think it made all Terry's relationships short and strained.
>>
>>82040984
Trannies have a diagnosed disease and its a form of autism. Its not something to embrace.
>>
>>82042765
>>82042802
Those are some good points. I guess I should make it clear that I don't hate Terry as a character, I just don't like him. I also don't like Beyond that much as far as the DCAU shows go.

I feel like Terry's justification for being unlikable was how Bruce treated him most of the time, which made for an interesting dynamic.

I also feel that Bruce's cynicism in Beyond was further made believable by certain things he does in JL and JLU, which hadn't come out yet at the time of Beyond.
>>
>>82042772
You're right, posting shit about this gets you fired in real life
>>
>>82042522
That, and you have the issue of how to force expression. Even if you could, say, splice in the genes for cat-eyes into a human, you'd essentially have to remove the subjects eyeballs and make the new ones grow in their place. And feline genetic code doesn't account for that by itself.
>>
>>82042818
>Trannies have a diagnosed disease
Yes, this is true.

>its a form of autism
Do you even know what autism is? Get off the Internet sometime.
>>
>>82042921
But then how would he stay up to date with the latest memes
>>
If I could become part lobster, I would.

So should you.
>>
>>82040984
Remember that time OP projected his politics onto something completely unrelated to them?
>>
>>82042979
It's been happening with a lot of threads on /co/ lately.
>>
>>82042941
Why lobster?
>>
>>82042585
I never liked Batman Beyond. It felt like Spider Man in the future but less interesting, no decent bad guys and with a grumpy old man complaining in his ear

I gave it a shot, didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>82040984
I'm all for transhumanism, but changing what one looks like for social reasons could really fuck society over. Imagine what would happen when men are able to get bigger dicks. Within a year no man could walk without tripping over himself.
>>
>>82043032
Live forever as long as you don't get eaten.
>>
>>82043006
You're right. I should be more specific.
>>
If I could be part lobster
A lobster I would be
I would clack my way home
I would have a job
>>
>>82043054
You just gotta roll it up like a lizard tongue.
>>
>>82043048
>No decent bad guys
Well i think that's rather false
>>
>>82043032
I like the color red and it'd make fighting easier with an exoskeleton
>>
>>82043048
I felt the same way. The villains were incredibly boring compared to the classic Batman villains, and the mood of the whole show was kind of drab and depressing. I know with that description, BTAS should be drab and depressing too, but I didn't get the same vibe from that show.
>>
File: ButI.png (272 KB, 601x444) Image search: [Google]
ButI.png
272 KB, 601x444
>>82042933
Maybe.
>>
>>82043110
I can name three off the top of my head, Blight, Inque and Goliath. I watched the whole series.

I can name almost the entire rogues gallery of Superman, Batman, Spider Man and The Flash.
>>
>>82043075
Shouldn't you be a sea turtle then, since they live even longer and no one eats them?
>>
File: Earthmover.jpg (43 KB, 574x430) Image search: [Google]
Earthmover.jpg
43 KB, 574x430
>>82043171
Shriek, kurae, spell binder, and mr. freeze plus yours are the only ones that I remember. Also earth mover. Always earth mover.
>>
>>82043171
The Inque episode was a really interesting one. Felt like a BTAS episode like the Clayface one or something, with a bad end.
>>
>>82043207
Mr. Freeze doesn't count, he wasn't a creation of the show.
>>
>>82043176
can't I just be part lobster
>>
>>82043321
If splicing were real, you could be whatever you wanted as long as a procedure had been developed for it.

But it's not real.
>>
>>82043352
i'm going to make it real i'm going to be the first lobster american
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-03-09-22h09m47s72.png (98 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-03-09-22h09m47s72.png
98 KB, 320x240
>>82042765
Yeah, cause it's life.
>>
>>82043352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU
>>
>>82040984
>crusaded against trans-rights
more like furries.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-03-09-21h22m13s212.png (252 KB, 656x496) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-03-09-21h22m13s212.png
252 KB, 656x496
I'm Terry could take a break and a girl to go out with.
>>
File: 37.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
What does Dana Tan Thinks?
>>
File: post-3923-1241020990.jpg (45 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
post-3923-1241020990.jpg
45 KB, 720x544
What girls do you like in the show?
>>
Who is your favortie women from Batman Beyond?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FOjW2gRVUM
>>
>>82043006
>It's been a recent trend in bait
fixed.
>>
>>82043207
>imagine seeing your friend having sex with your daughter who he adopted after murdering you
>>
>>82043107
TBPH, I'd rather just ban it and keep only practical augmentations legal like high CO2 tolerance or the ability to see UV light.
>>
>>82043054
Transhumanism is the biggest pseudo-intellectual meme of the last decade.
>>
>>82042941
Me too, actually.

I'd at least settle for some enormous pincers or even an exoskeleton.
>>
>>82046216
>pseudo-intellectual
>spouting vacuous memes to counter memes
Step it up, senpai.

Anyway, you aren't wrong. Most "transhumanists" are just neckbears with a soul crushing fear of death. Have you ever looked at the estimates transhumanist futurists give as to when mind uploading will be a thing? Each prediction coincidentally comes right before actuarial tables say each respective futurist is supposed to die. Kurzweil himself outright stated he is horribly afraid of death.

THAT being said, I still believe we shouldn't as a species shy away from improving ourselves. We must at very least get rid of most genetic disorders.
>>
>>82043207
Shriek was GOAT
>their first major fight
>the sound effects reflect the intense deafness Terry was experiencing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmAmQch7Kfg

This is real shit right here.
>>
>>82042888
The events in Epilogue(Ace's scene), the JL/JLU, and Tim Drake's bad end, the Near Apocalype of 09, (plus whatever else +40 years of tragedies eating away at him, bit by bit) gradually changed him into the man he became when Terry met him.

The show made a point of emphasizing the 0 shits Old Bruce gave when it came to killing Superman, or torturing if it was a more efficient way to get information/save the day.

I felt like Bruce, Commissioner Barbara Gordon, and Old Drake all felt like very believable future versions of their characters.
>>
>>82040984
Call me when splicers insist on different pronouns and being treated like animals.
>>
>>82046509
Uploading isn't even avoiding death. From your perspective, you'd still be in your meat body, but now there'd be a digital duplicate.
>>
>>82046964
I agree. I liked Barbara's "I'm too old for this shit" attitude in particular.

>Near Apocalype of 09
Assuming you're talking about the Darkseid thing in JLU, where was it stated what year that took place in? Is there some sort of DCAU timeline?
>>
>>82046509
A soul crushing fear of death isn't a bad thing if it inspires you to work on, or support, practical research aimed at improve one's longevity through existing and new fields of research.

My issue is with Utopian Transhumanists who project themselves so far into the future that they believe that we'll all just love each other. Stuff like the first two seasons of Star Trek, TNG----Roddenberry's version of humanity and the Federation, etc.

Those guys annoy the piss out of me.
>>
>>82047108
>A second generation of humans isn't even avoiding death. It's just replacement.
It's better than the alternative. Plus I think it's kind of silly to define the self uttelry by your own beating heart. At least to some extent you are also your genes and memes.
>>
>>82047137
Some unspecified future Cataclysm (as the name suggests) that took place years after JLU/JL ended. Rash Al Ghul "died" during it. The episode mentioning it came out in 2000.

I've always suspected it was the mass death event that reduced the Justice League from countless heroes to the 5 we see in Beyond.
>>
>>82047289
Ah, so it was just something mentioned in an episode that takes place in the future? I don't remember that specifically, but I remember something like it.
>>
>>82046774
I am kinda a fan of the vampire look. I'd go with the inverse of it if people were already getting freaky with it.
>>
File: boo.png (82 KB, 317x317) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
82 KB, 317x317
>>82040984
Being transgender is nothing like getting surgery to become an animal. Transgender people only become male or female, something everyone has a 50/50 chance of being born as anyway.
>>
File: star_trek-reading_rambo.jpg (37 KB, 550x596) Image search: [Google]
star_trek-reading_rambo.jpg
37 KB, 550x596
>>82047159
I guess I agree with you. Nothing will ever be perfect. But I like the utility of utopian visions of the future. It's a means of self improvement by giving you a goal to progress towards and in so doing make the world a better place little by little. Star Trek for example is my heroine.

I love how humans in Star Trek represent everything we strive to be and that alien species often represent different aspects of past or present humanity. The Federation trying to teach other species to stop being assholes represents the teaching present humanity to not be such assholes.
>>
>>82047260
Having kids isn't avoiding death, either. It's a completely different thing.
>>
I'm an SJW and I think trans people aren't right in the head. Cutting off fully functional body parts isn't healthy, especially when you are doing it just to conform to cookie cutter gender roles.
>>
>>82047465
Most people don't simply have a problem with death. They have a problem with being erased from existence, from being forgotten or dying without having an impact on the world.
>>
>>82047361
Yeah, it was from Batman Beyond's (second?) season, during a conversation between "Talia", Old Bruce, and Terry talking about their history.

God that episode was a perfect mixture of creepy and depressing. That and the Bane episode, when they reveal what happened to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoczMQEcab8
>>
>>82047510
Most people on both sides don't seem to be aware of what dysphoria is. It's a physical problem that you're born with, not "I feel like a girl/boy".

Most of the people who claim to be pro-trans are just making things worse by assuming it's for men and women who want to fit into the opposite gender role, but that belief just re-enforces those roles.
>>
>>82047510
I love it when people think gender confirmation surgery is just "cutting off body parts" when it's actually a reconstruction of body tissue.
And that they have a better idea of what's "healthy" than the many, many doctors involved in approving the process for a patient, performing it, and confirming its proven value to the health and well-being of their patients.
>>
>>82047593
I remember old Bane. I wish they would have just killed the poor bastard.
>>
>>82047654
Then what is dysphoria if it's not a mental thing?
>>
>>82040984
Remember when Terry killed at least three venom patch manufacturers by having an industrial roll of newspaper crush them under tons of its weight?
>>
>>82042585

I'm torn on bruce. While it made sense for him to be alone and miserable, they took it a bit too far with babs and Dick. Not just the relationship, but how sour Dick and Bruce were to each other even in Gotham Knights.
>>
>>82047672
>I love it when people think gender confirmation surgery is just "cutting off body parts" when it's actually a reconstruction of body tissue.
A) Why would you love that?
B) It's the same fucking thing only one is derogatory.

And of course doctors approve it. They make money off of it! There will always be some doctor willing to do it for enough money if there is no law against it.
>>
>>82042585
Bruce seems to give less of a shit about making sure criminals aren't severely hurt by Terry. I don't recall him ever shouting at Terry going "You could have killed him. You broke his hip bone!" or some of the legitimate deaths Terry caused like ODing Bane's nurse who was making slappers or genetically mutating the splicer guy into an abomination.
>>
>>82047410
I totally get the appeal. A lot of the show is a very noble goal for our species, no doubt about that.

For me, personally, I like DS9 for the opposite reasons----Sisko, the show running touching on the implied corruption and incompetence of the Federation, stuff like that. I liked "The Neutral Zone" from TNG, but for probably all of the wrong reasons.

When I think of the future, I think of a mixture of Human Revolution and Mass Effect, where we've clearly progressed in major ways, but we're still as flawed as ever. To me, that's inspiring.
>>
>>82047654
Trans people sell it as them trying to become the opposite gender "because they were born that way" so that's what everyone believes. Claiming that it is a psychological disorder is probably right a lot of the time, but claiming it is always dysphoria is a bit presumptuous. That's why I take a step back and argue on the trans people's terms. It's not really that sensible no matter how you frame it.
>>
>>82047754
It's a physical problem with the nervous system. Your brain is sexed, and if it doesn't match the rest of your body you get a chemical imbalance that causes severe depression.
>>
>>82047801
>A) Why would you love that?
I was being sarcastic.
>There will always be some doctor willing to do it for enough money if there is no law against it.
But it's not something only an unscrupulous doctor will only do if you offer to pay. It's something psychiatrists recommend for the treatment of gender identity issues, and something that the majority of medical establishments consider medically necessary for transgender people.
>>
>>82047896
If you don't actually have dysphoria you should not be transitioning. You're just re-enforcing gender stereotypes.
>>
>>82047883
Bah. I like DS9 and all Star Trek series, but I hold a little grudge against DS9 for trying to muddy the water. I thought Section 31 was going too far.

Section 31 is supposed to make sensible arguments by today's standards but still be opposed by the main cast to emphasize how unwilling future humanity is to compromise its ideals, which is a noble message. But I didn't like that Section 31 was stated to be as old as the Federation. It's an unnecessary detail that might imply that the Federation owes it's current prosperity to compromise, undermining the very message Section 31 was created to convey.
>>
>>82047995
>a chemical imbalance that causes severe depression
Which means that that person would describe it to another person as "feeling like a boy/girl." How else would you convey in words what that would feel like?

It's a mental thing as well as physical thing.
>>
>>82048051
Are you arguing that surgery is a good treatment for people with dysphoria?
>>
>>82048107
No, that's not the same at all. It's not "feeling like a boy/girl", it's feeling severe depression. "Feeling like a boy/girl" suggests fitting into traditional gender roles, which has nothing to do with dysphoria.
>>
>>82048167
With HRT, yes. It's a physical problem that needs to be medically addressed.
>>
>>82047995
The depression is not fitting in to gender roles. If everyone on Earth had a similar "imbalance" then there wouldn't be a problem. Men would act more like women and women would act more like men. It's the attempt to resist one's nature and conform to gender roles that leads to dissatisfaction with life.
>>
>>82048219
Shouldn't we be researching how to cure the disease rather than appeasing it by radically altering the body to match the symptoms?
>>
>>82048189
I really don't understand your point at all. You described dysphoria as the sex of the brain not matching the sexual organs, which can cause depression. If a therapist were to ask a person like this why they felt depressed, they would describe it by saying that they feel like a different sex than they actually are.

What am I saying that contradicts what you're saying?
>>
>>82048277
No, that's completely wrong.

Acting or being treated in a traditionally male/female way has nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's a hormonal problem with your body. The depression dyogoria causes has nothing to do with how you act or are treated.
>>
>>82048219
How do breast implants and wearing a dress address the problem? Not all trans people are on cocktails of hormones and if the hormones corrected the problem then they could simply take the hormones instead of switching gender. Switching gender in the eyes of society is an attempt to conform to gender roles.
>>
File: 1460605873827.gif (389 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
1460605873827.gif
389 KB, 300x230
>>82042177
>>82043713
>>82040984
>when you realize there will probably be a push for Furry rights within out life time.
>>
>>82048295
>If a therapist were to ask a person like this why they felt depressed, they would describe it by saying that they feel like a different sex than they actually are.

See, this is the problem. You jump to this conclusion from nowhere.
>>
Just like trannies, it's unnatural!
>>
>>82048371
I can't imagine any other way that you could describe this type of depression in English words to another human being. Enlighten me on how one would do that.
>>
>>82048351
They don't need to have the other changes. The hormones are what matter.
>>
>>82048350
If it's a hormonal problem then hormone treatment by itself should be able to fix it. Surgery isn't necessary nor is a complete change of wardrobe. Both have everything to do with conforming with gender roles.

A man should be able to act like a woman and a woman should be able to act like a man without surgery. They should act however they want to act.
>>
>>82048387
It's depression. There is no "I feel like the opposite gender".
>>
>>82048393
So if I'm understanding correctly, if someone takes hormones to fix their balance, then they would feel better, and at that point, things like cross-dressing or sexual reassignment surgery are only personal lifestyle choice and not medical necessity.

Is that correct?
>>
>>82048386
What makes you think it's okay to use that slur?
>>
>>82048414
Yes.
>>
>>82048393
Well I've never been arguing against the correction of hormonal imbalance. I've only been arguing against the want for surgery to conform to gender roles.
>>
>>82048460
Bingo.
>>
>>82048351

For some people, being viewed as their preferred "gender" by society is the endgame. Like "If I look enough like a woman that society acknowledges me as a woman, then I'm happy"
>>
>>82048351
>How do breast implants and wearing a dress address the problem?
Because despite the ideal being a world where we don't have to conform to gender norms, sometimes, it's just less stressful to give in to some of other people's standards of what makes your a girl or a boy.

You're already screwing yourself over by making the switch in the first place, might as well not add to the troubles.
>>
>>82048469
>>82048499
Sweet.

I still have a problem with someone hacking off their own penis just because society says they have to act a certain way merely because their genitalia are on the outside. Mutilation for the sake of pleasing others doesn't sit right with me and I think anyone who might opt for that would benefit from counseling. You should learn to love your body instead of changing it for others. If it aint broken then don't fix it.
>>
File: chillbrah.jpg (83 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
chillbrah.jpg
83 KB, 500x313
>>82048588
>calling trannies mental defects when you are getting assblasted because someone disagreed with you
/pol/ go home, your autism is showing.
>>
>>82048605
Sophisticated surgery is hardly "mutilation".

Unless the surgeon fucks up.
>>
>>82040984
>Remember the episode where Terry crusaded against Trans-rights?
He's a true hero
>>
File: argo111.jpg (36 KB, 720x339) Image search: [Google]
argo111.jpg
36 KB, 720x339
>>82048357
>My future grandson will identify as a furfag.
>My future child will be legally obligated under the Otherkin Act of 2037 to pay for their reconstructive surgery into a wolf.
>Mfw my grandchild can't even be original enough to want to be a reptilian.
>>
>>82048705
Except that didn't happen.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>82048514
>>82048573
Trans rights seems like a silly movement if gender reassignment itself is simply an attempt to conform. The movement should be about changing society such that people don't feel the need to conform ot gender roles.
>>
>>82048605
There's this gif of how sexual reassignment surgery is done. It's actually pretty neat.

As for your opinion on the matter, I really don't think it's just to please society. The decision to have the surgery is a years-long process for most people, and I would think that personal happiness is the main deciding factor for most of those people.
>>
https://youtu.be/sVJt6Q1j7H0?t=1m4s

>Your car is made of legos!
>your face is made of mega blox!
>Now way man. K'nex.
>>
>>82048761
The reason it seems silly and self-contradictory is because it's different people wanting different things out of society and themselves. None of these movements can agree on a set of consistent beliefs to push for, so it all just gets thrown into a big mushing pot of sorts.
>>
>>82048761
>Trans rights seems like a silly movement if gender reassignment itself is simply an attempt to conform.
Far from it. It's just being realistic.

You've got a dick. You want to be a girl. It's hard enough becoming a girl. But there's a point where even most of the people supporting you would rather see you act and dress like their idea of a girl. What's the point fighting them off, too? Not to mention interacting with complete strangers whose only interactions is with how you're projecting yourself. It's just being realistic.
>>
>>82047401
Except they don't because you can never change your dna
>>
>>82048467
hahahahah fag
>>
>>82048834
In that case though, wouldn't being a trap be a more attractive option? I would think most people would rather keep their real junk so they can use it to masturbate naturally, and just have an outward appearance of being a girl.

It doesn't make much difference in your sex life anyway, since whether or have a dick or a surgically added pseudo-vagina, you'd have to tell the truth to any potential romantic partners about what you really are.
>>
>>82048467
>tranny
>slur

You're a cunt. How's that?
>>
>>82048894
>In that case though, wouldn't being a trap be a more attractive option? I would think most people would rather keep their real junk so they can use it to masturbate naturally, and just have an outward appearance of being a girl.
HRT is what changes outward appearances, not the sex surgery. And when you take HRT you're changing the body. It's not all about the junk. Facial Feminization Surgery alone is found to be equally effective if not more so than Sex Reassignment Surgery with Facial Feminzation Surgery.

I don't know why you're limiting the discussion to be about junk when that's hardly the only body part being changed during the whole process.
>>
>>82048761
>such that people don't feel the need to conform ot gender roles.
You're taking to people who are either unaware or have neglected to mention nonbinary and genderqueer, people who don't identify as strictly male or female with or without receiving any gender-related medical care.
Not even all binary trans people transition medically, but what's wrong with the ones who want to? Why shouldn't someone who lives, identifies and presents as female want breasts and a vagina? Plenty of non-trans women have them and love having them, not to please other people or conform to outside expectations of who they must be as women. If you think no trans women should be able to feel the same way, what kind of supporter of self-determined gender are you?
>>
>>82048761
>changing society such that people don't feel the need to conform ot gender roles

MtF here and even I think that's silly. You can't expect society to upturn all its cultural norms and learned patterns just for your sake. Imagine if I was a 300lb bearded dude who suddenly expected society to treat me as a woman
>>
>>82049029
I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't limiting the conversation to just genitalia. I was just making the point that keeping your genitalia intact and focusing on the other visible aspects of your appearance should satisfy most people.
>>
>>82049069
This discussion branched out from a post asking why they feel the need to wear dresses or have breast implants back here >>82048351 . This thing about genitalia feels like you wandered in from another thread of posts.
>>
>>82049029
Well, for Dana, she wanted to have sex with him, because she always wanted this moment with Terry alone.
>>
>>82048882
If transgender people can disobey their DNA, what can it really prove about what a person really is or should be?
>>
>>82049130
>This thing about genitalia feels like you wandered in from another thread of posts.
I did actually. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
File: Local Cyborg Vixen Goes Awoo.png (322 KB, 867x1000) Image search: [Google]
Local Cyborg Vixen Goes Awoo.png
322 KB, 867x1000
>>82048357
>>
>>82043054
Oh jeez
>>
File: 1459822035949.webm (875 KB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
1459822035949.webm
875 KB, 406x720
>>82049208
No problem.
>>
>>82048761
>The movement should be about changing society
Society is a reflection of personal choice and opinions and badgering people's personal choices and opinions is unethical.
>>
>>82048467
What makes you think it's not?
>>
Daily reminder that most trannies are like Ahuviya Harel or Phoniex Singer.
>>
>>82047108
Yeah, that's what I always feel about this "mind uploads" or "backups". It's not *you*, you die; it's juts a "you" for other people to play with. A new version of a photo.

Similarly teleportation via making a copy and destroying the original seems like a horrible waste of resources.
>>
>>82040984
More like Furry and Otherkin shit and he was right.
>>
>>82049329
Who?
>>
>>82049334
And even the most advanced AI couldn't be expected to make decisions the exact same way you would have, even with your personality on board.

This might not be the best example, but Caroline/Glados in Portal 2 comes to mind.
>>
File: 1461090206891.png (211 KB, 371x302) Image search: [Google]
1461090206891.png
211 KB, 371x302
>>82040984
>saying furries and otherkin are on the same level as trannies
what is this, Tumblr?
>>
>>82047410
You realize that the reason humans get along in Star Trek is because the rebuilt the world from a lawless post nuclear wasteland? It's not just "lol unity"
>>
>>82049329
so you're saying that people internet too much look sort of ugly and lose themslves in it, and are probably a bit mentally ill.

all of you look like that though. It's like pointing out to a weird internet demographic and going, "look, ugly people!"

No matter where you look, especially in /co/, this place isn't exactly full of models.

Like a strong majority of people could fit the weirdo stereotype and you know this.
>>
>>82049445
Sorry meant for >>82047159
>>
>>82049315
Assuming you agree that it's a slur, slurring transgender people is wrong because it promotes disrespect, harassment, violence and murder of transgender people, which makes their already challenging lives that much harder.
It hurts innocent people, and leaves lots more well-meaning folks honestly unaware of how to treat trans people with respect.
>>
>>82049446
Kek, I don't base my identity on my apperance

Trannies by their nature base their identity on their gentials. Truly the subbest of the sub-humans
>>
>>82049524
>Assuming you agree that it's a slur
Didn't say that.

>slurring transgender people is wrong because it promotes disrespect, harassment, violence and murder of transgender people,

You're begging the question and making a fallacious hasty generalization, or, a jump to a conclusion. You did not prove how disrespectful language lead to violence or murder.

You supposed it.
>>
>>82049539
The fact you "don't focus your identity on your looks" doesn't mean anything.

You posted two pictures of ugly people who spend too much time on the internet to frame a group of people who spend too much time on the internet as ugly.

ok

shocking

now what

do we avoid them because they're ugly and icky. you still post here.
>>
File: jejeje.png (5 KB, 337x193) Image search: [Google]
jejeje.png
5 KB, 337x193
>>82042772
>It establishes me as an individual, just like all my friends
every fucking time
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 452x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 452x339
>>82043207
>Blow it up!
>>
People who still give a shit about comic book cartoons from 1999 are truly the subbest of the sub-humans
>>
>>82049645
if you say so
>>
>English teacher made reference to a trans student at another college
>called "him" an it
>everyone laughed and had an overtone of disgust at the idea of a trans person
Is this what normies usually think?
Because that's funny.
>>
>>82049697
You're not actually in college.
>>
>>82049585
Well, you supposed that other anon was being serious when it's very likely just some cheap bait.
>>
>>82049720
You're right, it's community college
>>
>>82049750
exactly
>>
File: 1459278399716.png (547 KB, 482x480) Image search: [Google]
1459278399716.png
547 KB, 482x480
>>82049773
Aaahh, okay.
>>
>>82049585
I supposed nothing. Dozens upon dozens of transgender people are murdered by killers who think being transgender is wrong.
Even more transgender people are attacked and harassed for the same reason.
And when you describe transgender people with a slur, you're reinforcing the idea that all of that is okay.
>>
>>82049844
You haven't provided a link to the two though, that one causes the other.
>>
>>82043176
>no one eats them
speak for yourself
>>
>>82049874
Describing trans people with a disrespectful term reinforces the prevailing assumption it's acceptable to harass, attack, and even murder trans people for being trans. I don't see how much clearer I can make it.
>>
>>82049844

>I supposed nothing. Dozens upon dozens of transgender people are murdered by killers who think being transgender is wrong.
>Even more transgender people are attacked and harassed for the same reason.
But you didn't link how slurring leads to violence.
Likewise, any insult towards any person is likely going to be animosity. And so you suppose that since most murders and violence have animosity, are malicious in intent. But that doesn't mean all animosity leads to violence or murder.

Again, correlation doesn't lead to causation.

>And when you describe transgender people with a slur, you're reinforcing the idea that all of that is okay.
You didn't prove this. That's begging the question. You're just stating it.

See the above.

You can say that there's hate involved in the murders and violence. But you can't say hate leads to murder and violence.

That's fallacious.
>>
>>82049983
And I don't know how much clearer to tell you that saying it doesn't make you right?
I mean.
You're saying that it leads to violence and murder.
Show me?
>>
>>82050026
>>82050060
Stop fucking replying, holy shit.
>>
>>82049983
I support trans people but you are so bad at arguing. You literally just gave up and resaid your original point.
>>
>>82049983
>Describing trans people with a disrespectful term reinforces the prevailing assumption it's acceptable to harass, attack, and even murder trans people for being trans.
That isn't proof, though. That's just a statement of belief.

>>82050068
The thing is I don't hate trans people nor do I believe they're wrong or immoral or fastegios or any /pol/ nonsense.

But if people want to say shit, well, that sucks but what can you do? It's mean and shitty but you can't stop people from expression their opinion, right?
>>
>>82040984
Fuck your dank OP and the shitty ab-psych teaching moment it's spawned.
There's a high chance that 3DPD sparkledogs will be a reality in the future.
What are we going to do about it?
>>
>>82050068
If you support trans people, why aren't you already aware that they are murdered at higher-than-normal rates?
Do you not believe that transgender people are discriminated against at all?
Would you not consider the former to be symptomatic of the latter, or do you think every trans murder victim was killed for unrelated reasons?
>>
>>82049058
>Imagine if I was a 300lb bearded dude who suddenly expected society to treat me as a woman
No no no. It's about acting how you feel is the right way for you to act without having to conform to one gender role or the other and people just treating you like a person. I mean, what do you even mean by treating a man like a woman? You should just be treating people like people.
>>
>>82049191
But it's not disobeying dna
>it's just a chemical imbalance or a synapse misfire or a mental disorder.
>>
>>82049286
Wat?

The movement(s) in question are about altering people's perceptions of others such that the minority doesn't get treated unfairly.
>>
>>82050389
So are you of the school that transgender identities are delusions?
>>
Batman Beyond Ill 6 when?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UmTMhWBmcC4

Also Taste Closed sucked
>>
>>82050425
That's fine.
And like I said. I've no personal bias against them.
But people that do actually have a right to their prejudices.
>>
>>82050430
Not him, but I'm of the school that transgender people are framing their problem all wrong. They are too obsessed with gender roles. They should focus on acting how they want to act. A man can act like a woman and a woman can act like a man. Gender roles are mostly cultural exaggerations of relatively minuscule differences anyway. But trans identity people can't help but obsess over the way they are viewed by society. That is the heart of their problem.

I get that in some societies gender roles are strictly enforced and that gender reassignment may be the best option, but in those societies trans rights movements are absurd since gender reassignment is all about hiding and conforming.
>>
>>82050602
Yes, people have a right to be assholes to others. People also have a right to pressure assholes into stopping being assholes. Your point is silly.
>>
>>82050639
IMHO:
In a free society, you have the legal right to do what you want with your own body.
>>
>>82050681
My point should be silly.
It should be patently obvious.

Should be.
But it isn't, as certain people think that even holding these opinions or voicing them shouldn't be lawful.
>>
>>82050639
Someone already responded to this "reinforcing gender roles" argument at
>>82049036
>>
>tfw Terry is the Damian of the DCAU
>>
>>82049036
>nonbinary and genderqueer
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>82050860
I've never met such a person and from where I am sitting you are just one of countless other people who build up an absurd mental image of a united opposition to your opinions defined by the most extreme examples you have come across.
>>
>>82051036
Now you're just being hostile.
>>
>>82051036
>who build up an absurd mental image of a united opposition
Nothing even remotely close to that was in the post.

Reading comprehension has failed you.
>>
>>82048834
>You've got a dick. You want to be a girl.

That's the problem. The bottom line is you are either born male or female. Unless the really rare cases of hermaphrodism you are male or female. Playing dress up, pumping hormones or chopping your dick won't change that. Society has become so narcissistic and selfish that some think they can become the impossible.

>inb4 someone post some BS about muh gender roles and other liberal arts shit
>>
>>82051198
>hermaphrodism
Doesn't happen in humans in the real sense of the word.
>>
>>82050956
>someone
>this person opinion so closely matches my own that I have nothing else to add
That seems unlikely so your post kind of seems like samefagging. Just say "there is a counteragument here". That doesn't imply either way. Just a protip. Don't take it to heart if you don't want to.

Anyway, invasive surgery should be a last resort to make someone a functional member of society. Counseling them not to obsess over conforming to gender roles should come first. It's a disservice to patients to skip to the most drastic measures just so some surgeon can make a down payment on his new boat.
>>
>>82048767
>It's actually pretty neat.

Not is not you fucking psycho. It's disgusting and is mutilation, plain and simple. Sex "reassignment" surgery is nothing more than plastic surgery but worse for the fact that you are chopping a really important organ. People need to learn to accept how they are born instead of wasting time, money and w/e into becoming something they are not.
>>
>>82051198
Our society created a contradiction by pretending that "male" and "female" could simultaneously be anatomical categories, which are not chosen, and social roles, which are.

The importance of separating sexual anatomy from social role is well supported. The central thesis of the women's liberation movement was the harm to society and the individual caused by a woman's social role being dictated by their anatomy.

If you think that's liberal arts BS, then you're in favor of something much more backward and repressive than you might want us to believe.
>>
>>82051107
>THE PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME ARE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY FREE SPEECH
You are supposed to ignore fringe extremists, not use them as an argument against a much larger more general group of people you disagree with.
>>
>>82051227

There are some really rare cases were someone is born with both sexual organs.

Those are REALLY rare tho...

That being said I don't think hermaphrodites are fertile unlike let say lizards and plants.
>>
>>82051327
>ridiculous strawman argument
Please stop.
That's disingenuous. You know and I know that's not what I said. Saying there are some people who believe this is not a lie and I did not conflate this with everybody or all people.
>>
>>82051302
This tbqhfam.

Treat people like people. Anatomy doesn't factor into it unless you want to get into their pants, in which case you are putting a lot of thought into sensible discretion anyway.
>>
>>82051302

Gender roles have nothing to do with wanting to chop your dick. People who want to chop their dicks are mentally unstable that should be treated by counseling not the scalpel.
>>
>>82051418
I hate to say this, really, but, if someone wants to mutilate themselves, why stop them?
Shouldn't that be their right?
>>
>>82051198
>not wanting humans to strive for the impossible
what are you, an alien?
>>
>>82051273
You haven't really added anything. If it's wrong for transgender people to change their bodies, it's wrong for anyone else to love the bodies they were born with and the gender they were assigned at birth.
>>
>>82051291
Wow, you're super fucking mad for some reason. I'm not allowed to find a complex and sophisticated procedure neat without it meaning I'm fully supporting the practice?

That post was in response to someone saying that it was just chopping your dick off, which is something you said as well. This is objectively untrue, which you would know if you watched the aforementioned gif.
>>
Yeah but Terry is right

You dont solve insecurities, identity confusion, and mental illness by mutilation

The last boss was pretty emblematic
>>
>>82051418
Most gender confirmation surgeries are actually *approved* by a gender therapist beforehand. How does that square with your understanding of the situation?
>>
>>82047838

Because Terry isn't Bruce. Bruce didn't kill people because he doubted his own judgement, not because he thought superheroes in general should go out of their way to avoid killing really bad dudes
>>
>>82051575
They are "approved" because this are people who swallowed the political correct dogma that makes it ok to chop your dick. They don't want to be labeled as hateful.

Society in itself is going to the shits because people are okay with letting feelings and dogma get in the way of rational thought.
>>
>>82051505
I'm with you anon but your logic doesn't follow.

"If it's wrong for transgender people to change their bodies then it's wrong for people who are not transgender to ...."

Do the same. Not something different.
And again, while I'm with you on this argument:
"Why can't transgender people love their bodies like non transgender people can?"

The counter argument is going to be:
Why not counsel transgender people so they DO?

Which is a very strong counter argument.
_where possible._ If you could be happy in the body you were born in, you wouldn't be transgender or have gender dysphoria. Hypothetically it would then be cured, yes?

If that's possible then ideally, yes, that's great, isn't it? The person suffering is all the better and happier.

But you and I know that's not always possible.

It's my personal opinion however that for whatever dumb reason people want people should be able to do what they want.

"Oh yeah? You want to cut your dick off huh? Why? HUH? HUH?"

The answer is:
Because America.
>>
>>82051569
>but terry was right

no he was wrong
most people who undergo gender reassignment live long, happy lives
>>
>>82051569
Terry is quite smart for his age. I don't get why some people hate him. Like yeah he isnt a wise cracking teen like Spiderman but he makes sense most of the time.
>>
>>82049790
Yeah.
>>
>>82051406
You bringing up a fringe isn't relevant unless you think it is common enough to matter.

Some Mexicans that cross the border illegally are rapists. That's a fact. But me bringing it up when talking about people crossing the border in general implies they are significant. Else why the fuck would I be bringing it up?

>Oh, no. I'm not saying that a significant number of people crossing the border are like that. I'm just saying that SOME of the people jumping the border are rapists.... It's not SIGNIFICANT per se so I guess it doesn't really matter when talking about the kind of people cross the border illegally. I'm just bringing it up because... reasons.
>>
>>82051681
You're justifying it when it needs none.
If people want to undergo the surgery that's their right because they _should_ own their body.

Tip: the government owns your body.
>>
>>82051721
I'm bringing it up because I do think it's significant.
You are asserting it isn't.
>>
>>82051505
You didn't read what I said.

It's a disservice to patients to skip to the most drastic measures. Counseling to simply cope with their own image and how society sees them should come first.
>>
>>82051569

Genuine gender dysphoria manifests as a physical sense of discomfort and even disgust. HRT can alleviate these symptoms

That being said, SRS offers no benefit over HRT, and the stupid identity politics surrounding "gender identity" have nothing to do with the actual neurological pathology.
>>
>>82051668
>It's my personal opinion however that for whatever dumb reason people want people should be able to do what they want.

Agree, but don't get mad when I call a spade a spade. If you chop your dick you will still be a dude just w/o a dick.

If someone wanted to chop their arms they would call them insane but if they want to chop their dicks they are simply a woman trap in a man body.
>>
If Jews can mutilate their babie's dicks, why can't trannies mutilate their own dicks?
>>
>>82051759
Yes, because I've never come across such people and it's pretty common for people to make the extremities of the opposition out to be indicative of most of the opposition. I made this pretty clear in the post that started this tangent.
>>
>>82051804
Circumcision is fucking wrong and I still remember when my big brother did it because her wife wanted to do it.

I remember how mad I got cause he never even asked dad, who is a doctor, about it. Dad, even if he was circumcised made sure we did not get circumcised cause he knew it was a barbaric operation that did nothing.
>>
File: 1460986891690.jpg (200 KB, 584x876) Image search: [Google]
1460986891690.jpg
200 KB, 584x876
>>82051804
>>
>>82051794
we chop people's arms off all the time if we think it's needed to improve their wellbeing.

There are people whose body dysphoria is that they have too many arms. If therapy fails to remedy that and it continues to interfere with their wellbeing, yes, we absolutely chop one off.
>>
>>82051681
If by "live long, happy lives" you meant "commit suicide once their mental state deteriorates far enough", you're absolutely right
>>
>>82051811

The normalization of this behavior rubs off on kids. This is less an issue of "inducing" genuine gender dysphoria (which is impossible), but could increase the frequency with which children copy incorrect behavior and are falsely diagnosed as transgender, resulting in children receiving hormonal therapies which permanently disable them.
>>
>>82051872
>I've never come across such people
Your personal experience is not a statement of fact.

If this is a fringe movement, then, you believe then they wouldn't effect law?
But then if they were still a fringe, and they effected the law, then that would mean they were significant, either way.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/28/new-york-can-fine-you-250k-for-misgendering-somebody/
>>
>>82051668
>Because America
You still appear saying it's wrong for anyone to transition, and that no one would be allowed to in a better world.
But unless you think gender identity is not something we should be able determine for ourselves, and not something that should only be determined for us, it can't be wrong for some people to identify as a gender they weren't assigned.
>>
>>82051910
No they don't. I saw a documentary on the condition. Doctors don't do that for people. The people with that condition who don't get therapy end up doing it themselves like by sticking their arm in water or cutting off circulation until doctors are forced to amputate. They are fucked up in the head. The condition can continue until the person is completely limbless.
>>
>>82051811
>this strawman

Shut the fuck up, kid.

I just believe that surgery should be done for real conditions not shit that can be cured with counseling and other forms of treatment. I guaranteed you that in 30 years that people will see this sex "reassignment" fad as how we see Lobotomy. A horrible procedure that was barbaric.
>>
>>82052036
>No they don't
gangrene and diabetes called.
>>
>>82051997
Nope.
I literally don't care what people do with their own bodies in a free society.
That's their business not mine.
>>
>>82052052
If you are born with some foreskin tumor or some rare condition then it's the worst of two evils.

But for the rest of us, circumcision is a barbaric procedure.

>>82052068
Oh shut up! Stop grasping straws! You know damn well that we are talking about the mental cases that feel like a disabled trapped in the body of an abled.
>>
>>82052113
It's my business when they become a burden for tax payers or health insurance.
>>
>>82052137
I'm someone else anon.
Just pointing out that sometimes the well being of the patient is to remove a limb or two.
>>
>>82052051
in ninety years all invasive surgery will be considered barbaric because we'll have better alternatives.
>>
>>82052168
You must really hate my guts then anon.
>>
>>82052177

When someone loses a limb to beetus, the best thing to do for the well being of the patient is a .45 to the temple
>>
>>82051971
>Your personal experience is not a statement of fact.
LOL, the fuck? What do you call your post if not the exact same kind of personal experience? I'm offering a dissenting opinion and an alternative explanation for your perception.

As for your link:
A) That is not affecting your freedom of speech. If you are calling someone who has told you they are a girl a guy repeatedly then you are obviously an asshole who is trying to make them feel uncomfortable. The guidelines in no way state you way disallow you from voicing your opinions out of the work place.
B) If you actually had a source on your claim that people are keeping you from voicing your opinions then you should have led with it instead leading me in circles to the point of me having to retype up my original post.
>>
>>82052168
there are absurdly worse offenders for things wasting tax dollars you could be getting mad about instead.
>>
>>82052113
You may not feel entitled to prevent it, but you've made it pretty clear that you disapprove of the idea.
And that's still harmful to transgender people.
If you truly support them, stop saying otherwise.
>>
>>82052181
I believe that if it's a life or death situation and surgery is the best option then you should do it. But if there are proven alternatives that have no need of surgery then that should be done.

>>82052213
If you use tax payer money to chop your dick or any other form of narcissistic surgeries then probably.

If you do that with your own money then it's your body. I don't give a rat ass what you do with YOUR body. If you want to put fins in your back and call yourself a Dolphin then do it. But don't use other people's money to do it.
>>
>>82051632
>not because he thought superheroes in general should go out of their way to avoid killing really bad dudes
But doesn't he literally think this? He constantly lectures people like Superman on how they shouldn't kill people. I can't think of any examples in the DCAU specifically, but I'm sure there is one.
>>
>>82052068
>Doctors cut off healthy limbs just because the patient doesn't want them anymore. See, look at all these cases of doctors cutting off unhealthy limbs that could kill the patient if left attached!
You are an idiot.
>>
>>82052316
anon, that was a different anon
>>
>>82052302
I hate all kind of wasteful use of tax paying money. I hate tax in general. Taxation is theft inflicted upon us by the government.
>>
>>82052279
*in no way disallow you
>>
>>82052215
>>82052279
>That is not affecting your freedom of speech. If you are calling someone who has told you they are a girl a guy repeatedly then you are obviously an asshole who is trying to make them feel uncomfortable.

Which isn't against the law.
Making someone feel uncomfortable and being an asshole isn't against the law, we already established this.

Yes. You DO have a right to speech that hurts peoples feelings or makes them feel uncomfortable. That is a violation of free speech, dumbass.
>>
>>82052279
>>82052349
>since it's in the workplace, you therefore have no right to free speech!

Nope.
People can fire you for misgendering someone. That's not a violation of free speech. But criminal prosecution is.
>>
>>82052368
It is in a work environment. Laws are meant to keep people productive citizens. You purposefully trying to make someone uncomfortable in the work environment can be met with disciplinary and legal action. This isn't even new.
>>
>>82052337
>Taxation is theft inflicted upon us by the government.
oh my god you're a Randian. Everything clicks into place. Why aren't you living in the mountains with the other Galts?
>>
>>82052308

He tries to handle superman because superman is an alien god who could murder the entire planet if he felt like it.

But terry's just some dude (mostly), if he goes awol bruce can just change the lock on the bat cave and call it a day.
>>
>>82052429
>being this stupid
You are completely misunderstanding the guidelines in the article. You aren't fired for mistaking their gender. You are fired for repeatedly calling them the wrong gender after they have told you not to.

So if you are a guy and I keep calling you a girl day after day after you have told me to stop then I can be fired.

And I thought trans people had a victim complex.
>>
>>82052432
Look above you.
Being in a work environment doesn't change what rights are conferred upon you by the constitution.
>>
>>82052460
oh my god you're a Statist. Everything clicks into place. Why aren't you living in North Korea with the other Marxists?
>>
>>82052491
>fired
Fired is one thing.
Legal prosecution is another.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.