[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's this exactly? they want to try "All Star" again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: all-star-batman.jpg (83 KB, 655x488) Image search: [Google]
all-star-batman.jpg
83 KB, 655x488
What's this exactly? they want to try "All Star" again?
>>
>>82037549
It's just a title. The book isn't related to ASB&R or the All Star line in general.

This book is supposed to be Snyder telling "classic Batman" stories.
>>
It's them officially killing the all star line and just making it another name to slap on a mainline book.
>>
>>82037549
It's just Snyder telling shitty little stories that are sure to have his trademark awful symbolism and page long metaphor speeches. With absolutely gorgeous art from Jock and other artists that should be working on something else.
>>
>>82037649
this
>>
>>82037549
Scott Snyder is related to Hack Snyder?
>>
>>82037649
Snyder's alright when he's writing something other than Bruce Wayne vs. Joker
>>
>>82037649
like BvS?
>>
>>82037675
Yeah, he's his little bro who is only working for DC because of him. Pretty sad really.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 450x300
>>82037696
Are they not the first person
>>
They wanna keep Snyder doing Batman but not on a main book and now he can rotate with big name artists
>>
>>82037696
I did a reread of Black Mirror yesterday. The James Jr. issues with Francavilla are actually pretty awful. The other Dick stories are still good, albeit really basic. Those stories were really good roots for a potential Dickbats ongoing.
>>
>>82037645
You mean it wasn't already dead when "All-Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder" hit the stands?
>>
>>82037888
ASBAR started before ASS
>>
>>82037645
Did you miss ASS8?
>>
>>82038028
Ah, my bad.

Well, then, how about the imprint dying after ASS ended?

Also, does anybody else remember how ASBAR was supposed to be finished with a new miniseries that never came to fruition?
>>
>>82038083
I think the conclusion series is gonna be called Dark Knight: Boy Wonder.
It's not cancelled yet. Lee supposedly started working on it with Miller on 2011 but has been delaying it
>>
>>82038059
Hope you're not implying ASS8 wasn't based
>>
>>82037711
>>82037675
No relation between the two.
>>
>>82038328
Why would I imply that?

All I'm saying is that the All-Star name has been reused before this for a "mainline" book
>>
>>82037649

I don't think you understand what Gotham MEANS to the people and how TRANSFORMATIVE it is to the lives of the citizens. When they look into the faces of countless serial killers, mental patients, and international terrorists, they see reflected in that their own potential for greatness. Gotham is a METAPHOR! Scott Snyder gets that.

Did you know that back in the 1800s, children used to have this old tradition of using dead bats as ear muffs? Historical fun fact. Everyone in Gotham knows at least one.
>>
It's a Snyder's Batman thread. Here comes the meming faggots like this piece of shit >>82037838
>>
>>82038824
How am I memeing by giving my opinion of the book? I still like it as a whole and I'm not even a Snyderfag.
>>
>>82038083
ASS ended, and Lee had other commitments like WildCATS and DCUO so he couldn't get to ASBAR. Hughes was having trouble writing and drawing ASWW since he's pretty slow in general, then he got other work with Before Watchmen so they just cancelled the whole line.
And yes they've been saying for a while ASBAR scripts are totally finished and Lee is totally working on it. I imagine they'll say it again in a few months after all of Lee's Suicide Squad issues are done.
>>
>>82038857
Don't take this the wrong way. If I met you in real life I would definitely kick your balls in because I hate memeing fags. Other than that I have nothing against you.
>>
>>82037649
>yfw Joker is in every single fucking story...
>>
File: snyder ruining harvey.png (108 KB, 554x562) Image search: [Google]
snyder ruining harvey.png
108 KB, 554x562
>>82040000
Even if he's not in it Snyder will probably have him act like his Joker.
>>
Notice that even in this book the focus will be *on the villans* (and consequently also on Duke in the backups), not Batman.

For some reason he wants to write about Batman, but then he tries his dammest not to actually write about him or actully Bruce Wayne as him (like this superheavy arc).
>>
>>82038717
hahahahahahahahaha

Oh shit. 10/10
>>
>>82038955
triggered.
>>
>>82040384
I'm okay with a book being more about villains since 'Tec is more about the batfamily that don't have books already and Batman is still the Batman book.
Don't want a repeat of beginning of the New 52 where there are like 3-4 Batman books and they're all the same.
>>
>>82040384
It's obvious he prefers Dick as a character. He likes writing ANYTHING but Bruce.
>>
>>82037649
I don't really get the hype around Jock
He doesn't draw backgrounds, he can't into motion or action, his scene composition sucks, and he's a very average layout artist. Personally I don't like his style for figures but I see how people could and I see why people enjoy it, however aside from his style he brings nothing to the table. He's like a shit Ben Templesmith to me.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.