[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it possible for a guy to DEBUT in the industry with four,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Tom %22CIA%22King.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Tom %22CIA%22King.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
How is it possible for a guy to DEBUT in the industry with four, FOUR great to amazing books, all within the span of little more than a year, and not get even nominated for best writer?
>>
>>82034563
By sucking no dicks.
>>
Because the industry and it's awards are shit?
>>
The eisners only award books from the previous year and they normally don't give away awards to books that debuted late in the year unless they're a one shot or self contained
>>
>>82034563
He does not have a tumblr blog, a clear mistake on his part.
>>
Because he's hasn't even written his best work yet. Give it time.
>>
>>82035211
Oh ok, its a MMLP2 thing then
>>
>>82035225
>This isnt even his final form

Has anyone in comics ha a carer progression this meteoric? He went from zero comics written to writing the top book of one of the BIG 2 in 18 months.
>>
If he loses to The Oatmeal, then I'm rioting.
>>
>>82035265
Killing and dying should win, it's the best thing Tomine has done in awhile
>>
because hes exCIA

I wouldnt be surprised if he had some dirt on warner brothers and Disneys owners and is blackmailing them
>>
>>82035262
Synder is the closest I can think of recently (American Vampire started in March of 2010, Black Mirror started in November, and he was on Batman in September of 2011)
>>
>>82035262
According to Wikipedia, he interned at DC and Marvel, assisting Claremont, before joining the CIA after 9/11. Seven years and one child later, he wrote "A Once Crowded Sky". Two years after that came his work on "Grayson".
>>
>The Eisners always give you the sense that they've almost, but not quite entirely, been paying attention.
>>
>>82035338
Yeah, which means Grayson was the first comic he ever wrote
>>
File: 55a2f2902d580.jpg (136 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
55a2f2902d580.jpg
136 KB, 940x529
How is it possible for a women to DEBUT in the industry with two, TWO god awful to putrid books, all within the span of little more than a year, and GET nominated for best artist?

The same reason that Tom King didn't get nominated for best writer.

N E P O T I S M
E
P
O
T
I
S
M
>>
>>82035650
Who is Henderson related to?
>>
>>82035650
Also very shit taste.
>>
>>82035323
Scott starred in 09, still pretty impressive.

I remeber they basically GAVE Chris Priest Editorship of Spider Man fresh out of uni because Marvel in the 70s pre shooter was basically fall of rome tier
>>
>>82035663
Nepotism isn't exclusively tied to who you're related to anymore.

There's who you're friends with and who you're fucking.

Henderson has a huge backing from the Comics Alliance crowd.
>>
>>82035650
Nepotism with who? The Eisner Panel is one old time marvel editor who fucked off to do cartoons, a print journalist and editor of Reason Mag, A childrens librarian, an Engineer Juggler who owns a comic shop in New Orleans, and an Academic at Chicago who disproved seduction of the innocent.

Thats like as far from the industry you could get and still make sense.
>>
>>82035650
She's been working in the industry since 2012.

You just weren't paying any attention until she reached the Big Two.

There are good reasons for you to criticize her nomination, but right now you just look like an uninformed asshole grasping at straws.
>>
>>82035726

>Comicsallaince crowd
>Somehow is powerful enough to influence six random librarians and old shop guys

Henderson got her gig at Marvel because she had a ton of art on the net that was circulated by places like CA, thats not Nepotism its exposure, same as how a lot of talk tv has "friends of the show"

Just having that book wouldnt magically give her pull with the Eisner Panel looking at the Panel, I cant find any plausible link they would have.
>>
>>82034563
He is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.