[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does best Thor still exist post Secret Wars or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: beta_ray_bill.jpg (100 KB, 440x433) Image search: [Google]
beta_ray_bill.jpg
100 KB, 440x433
So does best Thor still exist post Secret Wars or what?
>>
File: beta_ray_bill__2_.jpg (59 KB, 383x537) Image search: [Google]
beta_ray_bill__2_.jpg
59 KB, 383x537
>>82022143
IIRC the last time BRB was even in comics prior to the Thors tie in was Annihilators. Either that or he had a cameo in Journey into Mystery.

So he was pretty much non-existent pre-Secret Wars.
And now that you've got Whor in the spotlight, they're not going to bring in any other pretend Thors who might upstage her.
>>
>>82022309
He was the co-star of a four-issue arc of JiM, which is a hell of a lot more than a cameo. He was also in Nova for several issues. He wasn't that non-existent before SW.
>>
File: Beta Ray BOSS.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
Beta Ray BOSS.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>82022143
More importantly, will the MCU last long enough for Beta Ray Bill to make an appearance?
>>
>>82022143
No real reason for him not to.
>>
>>82022635
Would you be upset if MCU Bill or even new comic Bill was changed to be a Kyrilian horse-people race?

I always liked the different head, but thought it odd that is it "prosthetic" since his people have flat faces.
>>
File: bio-alien_korbinites.jpg (28 KB, 129x293) Image search: [Google]
bio-alien_korbinites.jpg
28 KB, 129x293
>>82022798
Honestly, they would probably do that because it streamlines his origin and makes it a bit more digestible.

However, I kind of like the idea that Bill is kind of a freak amongst his people, like in order to be the greatest warrior ever he had to sacrifice his "humanity."
>>
File: MCU Beta Ray Bill.jpg (105 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
MCU Beta Ray Bill.jpg
105 KB, 630x1200
>>
File: 271.jpg (26 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
271.jpg
26 KB, 224x216
>>82023090
>>
>>82023131

No, that was legitimately funny.
>>
>>82022143
He exists post-SW and Aaron said he was going to be in the Whor comic.

Maybe he will be in Whor's story or Thor's (who we found out is still alive in another planet who knows where in the universe).
>>
>>82022912
Well, they could still make him orange instead of blue/white and make his legs normal instead of digigrade or whatever it's called.

He'd still be pretty freakish for a space-horse-people.

Would set up up for Power Pack show too!
>>
>>82023571
Oh boy can't wait for Bill to suddenly because a woman hating misogynist. Or a mouth piece for how amazing Whor is
>>
>>82022309
Nah, he was in a story arc or two of Duggan's Nova.
>>
>>82022912
>However, I kind of like the idea that Bill is kind of a freak amongst his people, like in order to be the greatest warrior ever he had to sacrifice his "humanity."

That was Simonson's original intent. Bill was like a horrible Deathlok cyborg to everybody else in his species, and he just went ahead and troopered on anyways because who needs friends when you've got Skuttlebutt?
>>
File: 1442004757465.jpg (169 KB, 902x698) Image search: [Google]
1442004757465.jpg
169 KB, 902x698
>>82025350
Even I expect this...
>>
>>82025350
It's such a shame because Bill could very easily be done well interacting with her. He could be adversarial because he knows Thor but he doesn't really know her, or he could be "I don't know who you are, but you're worthy, and frankly, I know how hard that is."
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.