[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't DC make fun and unique books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Earth_44.jpg (407 KB, 1988x1612) Image search: [Google]
Earth_44.jpg
407 KB, 1988x1612
Metal Men
Plastic Man
Superman Red and Superman Blue
Captain Marvel and the senpai in Fawcett city
Dial H
Increase limited series free from crossover and main continuity
Bring back Else Worlds
Gods and Monsters
>>
Because Injustice is still going and that's as Elseworlds as we're gonna get. Besides, DC has been way too afraid of admitting that they publish fucking comic books for years now and having any fun with it.
As shitty as some of what Marvel's offerings have been the past few years they at least acknowledge that their comics are comics.

DC seems convinced that everything it puts out has to have something to say, like everyone working for them is the next Alan Moore or some crap. Hence no goofy alt universes where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.
>>
No one buys it. Sad but true.

Now you know Didio's pain.
>>
Comics are a dying platform. Legacy characters are the only thing keeping them alive. New characters don't sell.
>>
I want Overman and Red Son vs Lord Superman and Emperor Superman.

2 tyrants that weren't really evil. They were just raised that way and felt bad about it in the end. Versus two jack asses that had the best life until one bad day.
>>
>>82022028
This, fuck didn't last year have Prez which was transmetropolitan lite, and All new Section 8?

Dc has a terrible reputation because of TWO films, even when the comic and tv line have been awesome.

I don't know if it is paid propaganda but casuals tend to shit on Dc so frequently it might be the name for a designated street on India in the future.
>>
>>82022251
I'm pretty casual. I mostly read Batman. And beyond that, nearly all DC. I mean to read some Marvel stuff eventually, but I find DC pretty comfy.
When people discuss superhero movies I mention I read comics. As soon as I say DC people basically laugh and say its shit except for batman.
Even though I've actually read the comics unlike them, my protests are ignored because of my apparently shit taste.
>>
>>82022420
To be fair, what's actually that consistently good outside of Batman on DC's side?
Serious question, ever since nu52 it seems like everything's been garbage with spots of interesting ideas here and there.
DC rebooted at the absolute worst time and threw away so much established canon that now everything's a clusterfuck, hence normies thinking Supes is boring, Aquaman's a pussy, Wondie is Cap, etc. And the current comics aren't doing a good job of subverting that.

I get the feeling Injustice was supposed to, but
>Injustice
>>
>>82022251
>transmetropolitan lite
I'd fight you on this one, yo.
>>
File: 1460933372714s.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1460933372714s.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>82021918

Johns and Harras. Both are bitches, Johns has no creative integrity and only cares about the stuff he writes and trying to adapting it. And Harras is well. Bob Harras, both are the hands of warner on DC.

Didio failed to make bucks for 10 years so he doesnt have any kind of power anymore, especially after DCyou, he only has a job due his relationship with several artists (Morrison was ready to leave DC for good after action comics).
Jim Lee wants DC to be more like marvel, action driven.

So you have 2 bitches from the suits and 2 incompetent people. The fun books that we were suppose to get with multiversity were replaced by DCyou, nothing really bad about that, the problem is that DC instead of taking advantage of their multiverse as a way to tell more diverse stories tried to push everything in the same package. Sells didnt get the boost they needed, older fans still don't trust dc ("i don't believe mid will get 12 issues so i'm not buying", etc), newer casual audiences don't really care about that, they want events.

DC destroyed their biggest strenght from the 80s and 90s: diversity of books, trying to be more cohesive. Nothing was gained, and now they are tryin to push for something even worst: Synergy with the movies.
>>
>>82022541
Reboots don't affect DC's reputation among normies, since normies don't even know about them.
>>
>>82021918
There is a Metal Men mini going on right now
>>
We're getting a new version of the dc challenge with fucking Kamandi
>>
>>82021918
I'm not sure where this meme comes from; DC is actually trying to generated a diverse line of comics and has been for a very long time. Every year they put out a new series with an interesting premise, but nobody is reading them. Dial H was one of the most unique and interesting books published in decades, it did terrible numbers, and Didio still let the writer do an epilogue even after the series became untenable. There's nothing else they can do.
>>
>>82024098
>>82024143
Don't bother. The people complaining don't actually read comics.
>>
File: 3286124.jpg (162 KB, 600x939) Image search: [Google]
3286124.jpg
162 KB, 600x939
>>82024098
>>82024393
Yeah, in Legends of Tomorrow and as much as I love the format you just know it's going to go tits up. I just want my Metal Men. Heroes and groups like Plastic Man, Spectre, Metamorpho, Metal Men, Doom Patrol and the Legion of Super Heroes are going to fall into fucking obscurity. Hell, hardly anyone knows or cares about the original Blue Beetle or original Dove anymore.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.