[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill Six Billion Demons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13
File: WON76.jpg (859 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WON76.jpg
859 KB, 950x1229
“I like thunderclouds. As soon as ye see ’em, ye can be assured when they’ll come around. It’s a damn courtesy when one rolls over the horizon, I tell thee.
It’s the thunderclouds you [i]don’t[/i] see that get my worries all astir.”
– Splitpin, devil binder

Cold iron is no use to me. Good, now heat it. Take the pain you feel and make it sharp.
>>
Finally a page was posted when I wasn't asleep and I even got to make the thread too.
>>
>>82021795
Jagganoth is going full Thanos.
>>
>>82021795
Jesus Christ this webcomic really loves its exposition. It feels like a solid third of the series.
>>
So the angel must have been Micheal or Mettatron? Which one?
>>
Is that 30 nails thing from something? It's really sticking in my head.
>>
>>82022007
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>82022007
I was just thinking that. I hope all the set up is over and done with soon.
>>
>>82022031
Don't stick nails in your head, anon
>>
>>82022015
I don't think Metatron can move.
>>
>>82022129
Maybe he astrally projected himself
>>
>>82022015
Metatron is the chessmaster.

Gotta marvel at his goal. God creates the universe through suicide by separation like some kinda divine big bang. So what does Metaton do? Goddamn resurrect God by smashing the universe into a big stitched together ball.
>>
>>82021795
Why was Jagganoth so depressed with the end of the War of the Demiurges? Was it because he felt unable to deal with the burdens of peacetime rulership, or was it more of a Alexander the Great sort of deal?
>>
>>82022259
Maybe he found divine inspiration and wants to meet Yisun.
>>
>>82022259
He seems like a classically tormented sort of person, y'know? Like he could never really empathize with anyone else, like even among the seven he could never fit in. Like it sucks that even after managing to come out on top of a multiversal war you still haven't found any real satisfaction or whatever.
>>
>>82022189
why does he think that'll result in anything but god suiciding again right away?
>>
>>82022329
What, like Zoss^2?

That's pretty badass.
>>
>>82022259
She says peace is not for him so he is probably most happy with strife.
>>
>>82022414
That would be a fresh start so it doesn't matter
>>
>>82022412
Also true. Didn't Abby confirm that Jagganoth was like the second most autistic of the seven?
>>
>>82021795
finally we get a good look at Mammon. also clears up what the hell is up with Jagganoth's face. weird seeing him without a weird hindu elephant god face
>>
>>82021795
So Solomon David went from knighty looking motherfucker to completely hairless to bald with a huge square beard somehow?

And whats that doggy looking thin on his shoulders
>>
>>82022259
Jagganoth is the edgy depressed "he was always so quiet" kid.
They all want to see the world destroyed.
>>
>>82022601
They are unaging so of course they're going to experiment with hairstyles. His new one is best IMO. Looks like a wolf pelt.
>>
>>82022414
Metatron isn't planning to resurrect YISUN. He's planning to restore the king in Throne. That's not the same objective, and there's a definite hint so far that Zaid would be little more than a puppet under Metatron's command.
>>
>She stood up and dusted herself off. “If God were a mere fisherman, he would earn my respect,” said Prim. She gathered her things and returned to the road, leaving her canteen with the sage, who remained there a day longer. He then gave up on the question, and later abandoned his sage’s rags to become a successful farmer.

jesus christ, the writting in this

abaddon, no te mueras nunca
>>
File: Seven_friends_and_a_King.png (208 KB, 214x496) Image search: [Google]
Seven_friends_and_a_King.png
208 KB, 214x496
>>82022650
I'm mostly thinking on how european he looks here instead of his usual middle eastern look.

Im also sorta confused as to what the timeline is, this picture is supposed to go before the one in the op yet it makes more sense taking place after it.
>>
>>82021795
Kinda disappointed actually. This has simplified Jagganoth's character by a lot, making his motive clear and so straightforward. I still hope there is more underneath him, specifically why he is doing this.

But that line "I too, am ruled by fear". Just a single sentence to make Mottom more relatable. I am excited for what Mottom is planning for Allison.
>>
>>82023172
>>82023111
he looks pretty merry right here senpai
>>
>>82023111
>it makes more sense taking place after it.
Why?
>>
>>82022031
Don't know about 30, but if we are talking about Nails it's probably a reference to Jesus Christ. The Nails Christ were crucified with were considered holy relics. Wether the ones that are now present are real or not is one of those questions you should leave with people who have time to argue. But, one of the nails is said to have been reforged into a helmet that protected the user from harm. I think this is where Abbadon is coming from.
>>
File: Solomon David.png (280 KB, 604x240) Image search: [Google]
Solomon David.png
280 KB, 604x240
>>82023215
If I'm getting this right, Solomon's timeline goes like this, feels weird

I'm gonna shoot an ask over to Abaddon just in case
>>
>>82023444
Its just hair and clothes dude.
>>
>>82021795
On the Right of the middle panel.

If that is not a baddas Tank, I don't what is. Jagganoth is certainly prepared.
>>
File: 1351023811871.jpg (57 KB, 600x905) Image search: [Google]
1351023811871.jpg
57 KB, 600x905
>>82023480
KSBD is filled to the fucking brim with lore and worldbuilding, autistic as it may be such a radical change in design must allude to something
>>
>>82022007
Who cares. It's great exposition. After the first big lore dump we got a huge action scene, so it's not unrealistic to assume we are going to have another one.
>>
>>82023172
How? We don't know what's wrong with him or what the angel told him.
>>
I just had a thought. The feathers must have come from Metatron. It was probably Michael that delivered them but Metatron is the most advanced form of angels and is fully condensed so it would make sense for his feathers to be made of iron or some metal.
>>
>>82023537
If you say so.
>>
>>82023512
He has a stash of futuristic weapons from his worlds. He's the only one not restricting the advancement of technology.
>>
>>82023512
I'm looking forward to the metal clusterfuck that will inevitably happen once Allison and co go to Jagganoth's worlds.Tanks and lasguns and power armors, oh my.
>>
>>82023646
Abbadon has promised cyberpunk
>>
File: Airships.png (177 KB, 280x245) Image search: [Google]
Airships.png
177 KB, 280x245
>>82023620
>>82023646
We know Airships, maybe we can also get to maybe to see some Ironclad Airships? I don't what the difference between that and a spacehship is, but that is the certainly a weapon I would develop for multidimensional destruction.
>>
>>82023783
We'll see straight up sci-fi I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>82023559
Yeah, and the hope this will be interesting. But at this point it would be really easy for Abaddon just to confine Jagganoth to be a religious nut. So many characters are simplified and made boring by justifying their actions as simply born out of religious dogma. It's easy, and perhaps realistic, but it has no depth beyond "this person is crazy".

Here's hoping I am just paranoid.
>>
>>82023880
You are. Abbadon has proven to know his shit.
>>
>>82023899
Has Abbadon published anything else before?
>>
>>82023939
No but he has a lot of side stories and has shown consistently competent writing.
>>
>>82023953
True, I have read those. They're great.
>>
>>82024032
"Aesma and the Lessons She Never Learned" blew my mind.
After I finished them I sat in my bed and stared at the ceiling just thinking.
>>
>>82022494
We saw his regular face before
>>
>>82024249
I had forgotten until >>82023111
still, this is a better view
>>
>>82024225
I love how it inverts so many religious concepts. Holding Aesthetics, Knowledge, and Wisdom as the best things are pretty universal across religions, but in K6BD, it's being a greedy idiot that really makes you the best.

Now that I think about, that might make Allison the perfect candidate for becoming Monarch of the Multiverse, she is none of the three things above.
>>
One of Jagganoth's species is in Preem Nand's brothel I think.
>>
>>82024367
>I love how it inverts so many religious concepts
I hate you. Please don't comment on shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>82024400
Jagganoth is stated to be human tho. He was a fat guy that grew into a BIG GUY after he got his key.
>>
>>82024400
Jagganoth is a human that has been warped to hell by Multiverse-magic.
He's not some exotic species like Bug Maiden or Mammon the Dragon.
>>
>>82023880
>religious dogma

I'm more disappointed that Jagganoth is acting as an agent for someone else. I figured he'd be more of the type to do something like this on his own after coming to his own conclusions.

Another question occurs: We've seen Jagganoth throw angels around with ease and contempt, and the one that spoke to him somehow has the right to bestow upon him a "holy mission"? Unless the importance/power levels go from The Six-of-Seven<Jagganoth<Metatron<Zoss, I'm not buying Jagganoth's fanaticism. Then again, if Jagganoth was the sullen type, and had become desperate for some reason, he might have been vulnerable to indoctrination in his despair.
>>
>>82024436
>>82024481
Someone said he was a servant. Well okay.
>>
>>82024484
I don't see how power levels have anything to do with it. Especially when your regular angel is more of a peacekeeping golem than a religious savant.
>>
>>82024424
Fair enough. I do have a lackluster knowledge of religion.
>>
>>82024484
The Thorns are aligned with Jagganoth I believe
>>
>>82024484
I think the Mission is meant to be from God itself, as in YISUN, who is alive and not alive. I'm only guessing here, but they do keep making reference to "God" in the short stories.
>>
>>82024515
Then how can you be impressed by something that inverts "religious concepts"?
>>
>>82024616
He just likes the writing, dude. Relax.
>>
>>82024616
It inverts what he thought were the religious concepts, so he really dug that

No need to get so mad anon
>>
>>82024512
In stories like these, power levels tend to correlate with cosmic importance. I guess this especially applies to KSBD since its universe is governed by "might makes right".

>>82024518
They could be. The only group I remember specifically being stated to align with Jagganoth are the Belligerent Knights.
>>
>>82024616
Because it got me to think, just as you have. I'm pretty stupid and lack knowledge but as the saying goes "If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him.".
>>
>>82023172
>>82023559
>>82023880
>>82024484
>implying Mottom knows the entire truth
>implying that she would tell a new upstart the entire truth even if she did

Remember, the universal art is violence, but the second and far greater is lying.
>>
>>82022080
>Angron.jpg
>>
>>82024792
Oh that's right it's the Belligerent. Not the Thorns.
>>
>>82023391
That must have been a huge nail
>>
>>82024921
I think the Thorns too are related to him
Also he's Jagganoth and the leader of the Thorns is Juggernaut Star Blah Blah Blah
>>
>>82024952
Yeah, it's better not to think about it. There are a lot of stuff not know about the nails relics including their number. I think it was Mark Twain who said that on his trip through Europe that he had seen enough nails ,that had supposedly been Christ's, that they could fill a whole bucket. But that they give super powers is cool.
>>
File: Realization.png (116 KB, 211x251) Image search: [Google]
Realization.png
116 KB, 211x251
>>82024821
I like this possibility a lot.
>>
File: KSBD76-2.jpg (668 KB, 900x1160) Image search: [Google]
KSBD76-2.jpg
668 KB, 900x1160
I doubt they are working with him as he was pissed when they came through his territory.
>>
>>82025338
Again, one is Jaganoth, the other is Juggernaut, it's very hard to believe these two are unrelated to each other
>>
>>82025430
Yeah, his name sounds like Juggernaut, but it's also based on the name of the Hindu deity "Jagganath".
>>
>>82025430
Nah. They're just names. In Hindu Jagannath means lord of the universe.
>>
>>82025537
Dude, the word Juggernaut comes from Jagannath (with two ns instead of two gs), it's an English corruption of the Indian name. These two words are the same. We have two characters that have the same name!
>>
>>82025603
We have two characters that have names ultimately based on the same word. One from an age-old anglicism, and the other from changing a letter.

Clearly they're the same guy.
>>
File: 1.png (143 KB, 156x382) Image search: [Google]
1.png
143 KB, 156x382
>>82025759
So he attacked himself. The conspiracy deepens. Truly a genius plot beyond comprehension.
>>
I don't think I can share more insight into it but I think Jagganoth is simply suicidal because he thinks he failed as a deity.

The Seven are roughly and very loosely based ln the Deadly Sins.
Jagganoth falls on "wrath", he can't deal with peace, so what happens when you usurp creation and every world you touch keeps getting destroyed? You may enter a panic. On a cosmic level thats freaking dangerous.

Look at the guy, he is the actual one in the forge making weapons... Not slaves. Him. That shows a lot, he's unwilling to let others do the work for him, which if the second panel is showing his grief at his failure means he lost faith in himself.

And then he gets a message from an Angel bearing a gift to empower him above them to destroy the multiverse.
Because that's ok... Because that's what he does... And from the looks of things it's what he wants for himself too.
>>
>>82022259
Probably a freak that only appeared normal in war time when freaks were considered normal.

Sorta like how murderers are considered heroes during wartime
>>
>Cold Iron is of no use to me. Good, now heat it. Take the pain you feel and make it sharp.
>>
>>82026283
Good thinking, anon
>>
>>82024225
>>>82024032
>"Aesma and the Lessons She Never Learned" blew my mind.

Those were pretty awesome, it's true. :)
>>
>>82025759
>>82026051
I've never said they were the same person, only that they were related

I can't wait for the future to prove you wrong, I know when the day comes you won't do something like publicly apologise, but you will feel shame on yourself, and that conforts me
>>
>>82026832
I never said it was impossible or dumb that Jagganoth and the thorns are related, just that their similar naming isn't enough to go on. If the angel that spoke to him is Metatron, we'll know for certain that they're unknowingly serving the same master.

If something deeper's going on with Jagganoth, then you'll have fallen for a red herring, which only means that you're engaged enough in the story to not be thinking about it in terms of tropes.

When I said that they're clearly the same guy, I was 'avin a giggle.

Jagganoth is clearly Drulle.
>>
>>82027265
I agree with the other anon actually. Names are a common thing writers use to imply connections.
>>
>>82027265
>If the angel that spoke to him is Metatron, we'll know for certain that they're unknowingly serving the same master.
Or knowingly.

>If something deeper's going on with Jagganoth, then you'll have fallen for a red herring, which only means that you're engaged enough in the story to not be thinking about it in terms of tropes.
I think the fact that they have the same name is enough for it to be considered at the very least an intentional red herring left by Abbadon, and I would not be embarrassed for taking this bait if this comes true. I'm still positive they are connected though
>>
>>82027371
I didn't even know they were the same word so you're smart in my book, anon.
>>
>>82024800
I think you're triggering him further by trying to use that koan in the sense that you think it means.
>>
>>82022435
Rather than say he was only happy during war, it may be that he could only find purpose in it. That would lead into him accepting a "holy mission". It may be that he seeks some sort of purpose in his own existence. I mean, the universe is pretty depressing, what with "violence" being the universal language and selfish people (Aesma) are raised up above others in god's (Yisun's) eyes.
>>
>>82023111
This is before the war of conquest fully devolved into greed and desire, I believe.
>>
>>82023537
It alludes to the fact that people grow hair and style it. Him being completely hairless gives off a youthful look. His wartime appearance makes him look like a man at the prime of his life. And his current look of bald but with a beard makes him look regal and dignified (I assume). He just matches his appearance to his age, doesn't he?
>>
>>82024497
Well, he's not. Only Mammon is (which means, yes, Gog-Agog is human too).
>>
>>82029558
it's a koan. by design they have no 'right' answer and are just something to think about the different ways you could interpret it.
>>
>>82026325
>I don't know shit about war
The post
>>
>>82026283
No, there are other engineers there too. Look at the area near the tank; there are a couple of guys dressed in smocks. And at the forges on the left side, there's another guy sitting near an anvil.

Then at the forefront of that panel, there's a guy holding a hammer and wearing goggles on his head next to the Belligerent Knight.

So Jagganoth definitely has others working with him. They may not be slaves, though; it's not as if he can't have ardent followers, you know.
>>
File: momom.png (166 KB, 288x405) Image search: [Google]
momom.png
166 KB, 288x405
>>82021795
>>
>>82032028
Rarest Mottom, fresh off the oven.
>>
>>82023537
Gog-Agog went from grim reaper to ditzy 20-something, it's pretty clear Demiurges just like changing their looks every once in a while, with Mammon being the sole exception so far
>>
>>82024484
Abbadon said multiple times Jagganoth is smarter than he looks and he's not just a cruel brute, so there has to be another layer to this. For all we know he might simply pretending to just do the angel's bidding because it's a convinent facade for his actual plan.
>>
>>82021795
we power armor now
>>
>>82032269
shouldn't it be gog-magog?
>>
>>82029558
Yeah, but I would rather be proven wrong, rather than not even talk about it at all.
>>
>>82033216
Gog-Magog is the inspiration for the name just like Jagganath is for Jagganoth
>>
>>82030137

Huh you're right.
This changes things a bit, it's clear then he has help with his forge so he shares his craft and probably his followers continue to obey him.

Not like they have a choice if we take how Motton's servants feel about her, then Jagganoth's men either respect his colossal power or are scared shitless of him and rather follow him anyway.
>>
>>82023550
>>82022007
I'm fine with exposition when we get bits like this between.
>>
>>82032028
Amazing
>>
File: WON56.jpg (647 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON56.jpg
647 KB, 900x1165
Just because Jagganoth isn't working with the Thorns now doesn't mean they're totally unrelated. 1 Metatron did want to try the multiversal annihilation approach initially, and only changed tactics when 2 Michael returned. It could be that Jagganoth is something Metatron set in motion during his omnicidal phase.
>>
>>82036997

The fact that Michael here talks about a "holy missions" specifically makes me think that he's the angel that approached Jagganoth.
>>
>>82032028
My world presents 500 Mottoms of rare and premium quality!
>>
>>82021795
So is Mottom going to be a supportive character now? It seemed like the general plot would be Allison kicking the ass of every demiurge, but it looks more like she's doing the opposite and uniting them against Jagganoth
>>
>>82021795

This is the only webcomic I've read where I consistently check day by day, hour by hour. I know it updates twice a week but I just love looking at the art.
>>
>>82036997

Metatron could be using Jagganoth to brew a civil war among the demiurges in order to make it easier for the angels to seize power and restore a King to Throne.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.