[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my girlfriend just finished DareDevil season 2 and wants to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: daredevil.jpg (264 KB, 1680x942) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
264 KB, 1680x942
So my girlfriend just finished DareDevil season 2 and wants to get into the comics, but I know fuck all about DD.

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent arc for someone who's never picked up a comic before?

Oh and DareDevil thread.
>>
>>82012448
Read wiki article for Born Again
Then read D.G. Chichester's and Lobdell's runs
Read wiki articles for Bendis/Brubaker runs
Then read Shadowland and all related tie-ins
>>
>>82012519
Don't reward this behavior.
>>
I personally wod say to start with Frank Miller's run thar started in the 80s. Netflix's Daredevil borrowed a lot of the ideas from this run so a lot of the stories will be sort of familiar.

Just look out for where to start, Miller comes on as an artist originally and then took over the story, so it dosent get good until a few issues in where they can the old writer.
>>
>>82012448
Tell her she should try the red bat

I mean... Daredevil v3 is all i've read, but it was pretty good.
>>
File: Daredevil_Vol_2_26.jpg (77 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil_Vol_2_26.jpg
77 KB, 400x599
>>82012448
Okay if shes not into comics. Id suggest the bendis maleev run. Daredevil vol 2 starting with this issue.

It is a good starting point for someone who already knows a bit about DD and isn't too old school comic form in how its written and looks. Though Frank Millers run is not a bad place to start either and is probably the superior run.

She could also check out DD vol 3 by mark waid. Not my fav run cos its a bit too light for me when it comes to daredevil. But its an easy jumping on point and mark waid writes a damn good comic. Just not the kind of daredevil id like to read.
>>
>So my girlfriend just

This isn't reddit. Have some accountability.
>>
>>82012813
>that list
>rewarding
But seriously OP start with Miller's run at #168 and read everything except what >>82012519 told you to read
>>
>>82012519
Absofuckingnever read Shadowland. Biggest waste of potential I've ever seen in a comic book.
>>
Is this show any good?
>>
>>82012448
Miller's Daredevil is the absolute best intro to character imo. Start with The Man Without Fear, read Miller's run ( #168 - #191), and then end with Born Again.
>>
>>82015917
It's pretty good
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.