[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished binge watching the fuck out of this. I had originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: The_Batman.jpg (104 KB, 377x580) Image search: [Google]
The_Batman.jpg
104 KB, 377x580
Just finished binge watching the fuck out of this. I had originally disregarded it, because it was the first Batman show after the Dini/Timm version and I just wasn't ready to accept a replacement.

But, overall, I'm glad I gave it a second chance. It'll never be the definitive Batman show, because it does have several glaring flaws, but it should absolutely stand out as a good show, in it's own right.

Pros: Great animation with some very amazing fight sequences; top notch voice acting (Kevin Michael Richardson brought some personality to an otherwise off-the-wall Joker design and the rest of the cast was well matched to their roles); willingness to give screen time to side characters/villains; ability to mix seriousness with classic camp

Cons: Dialogue that had to have been written with a giant sized crayon; Rarely making any of the characters truely compelling (aside from Detective Bennett and maybe the Riddler); Managing to mangle a lot of the 5th season by forcing team ups with other heroes (Green Arrow being the best out of the bunch); Dropping the ball on more interesting story elements (like Solomon Grundy, more future based episodes, taking risks at deeper Batlore).
>>
>>82011702
Would you recommend rewatching it if you haven't seen it since it originally aired? 5th season left such a bad taste in my mouth that I've never been bothered before.
>>
>>82011702
Been thinking about rewatching this, since it's the Batman I grew up with .
I hear season 1 is mostly toyetic trash, though, and season 5 is wannabe TBatB, so I was thinking of skipping them. Good idea?
>>
I've never actually watched this, and have only seen the Dracula movie, which was fucking awesome.
>>
File: manson.jpg (29 KB, 250x691) Image search: [Google]
manson.jpg
29 KB, 250x691
manson riddler is still one of my favorite alt-designs ever
>>
>>82012508
The Dracula movie was better than it had any right to be.
>>
If only we could have had TAS Freeze backstory with The Batman Freeze design.
>>
I always liked Firefly's design in The Batman.
>>
File: Firefly.webm (2 MB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
Firefly.webm
2 MB, 720x478
>>82013377
Shame they turned him into a jobber.
>>
File: 3342504-clayface_rises_tb.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3342504-clayface_rises_tb.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
I agree, OP. The Batman is Bizarro BTAS:

Where as BTAS started off strong but got significantly weaker, The Batman started off weak but got significantly stronger.

Plus, The Batman treated it's villains much better and more consistently.
>>
File: 1460689288441.jpg (129 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
1460689288441.jpg
129 KB, 678x960
>>82012168
>Batman I grew up with
>>
I really liked how they handled the Cobblepot/Wayne rivalry. Their Harley was pretty well developed as an individual character, Jackie Bat actually seemed to do some detectivin' and that was good. Juggaloker was a sad portent of New 52.
>>
>>82014095
2006 was 10 years go
>>
>>82011702
What would you do if this show were being redone and you had control?
>More Detective Yin
>No Robin
>Make the 5th season less shitty
>>
>>82014957
Get rid of Juggalo Joker
>>
>>82011702
Its way better than people gave it credit for
but coming off of one of the best super hero cartoons ever and polarizing designs made it...well, polarizing
>>
>>82014957

>More Detective Yin

This. So much fucking this. I can't tell you how much mo-...well actually I can, I mention it every time a batman thread pops up because I fucking hate how they dropped the ball with her character the moment they get permission Batgirl. It was obvious that he was supposed to succeed where he failed before with Ethan with Ellen so why couldn't you have kept her around?

I would have rather her lost her goddamned job at the season finale. That would have been a much more cooler send-off, having her risk her career against the odds.
>>
>>82011702
I've been binging this show too, and I like it so far. Just finished season 1. I really like how they tried to re-imagine all the classic Batman villains.

Some of the redesigns work really well, and some of them don't. I like the acrobatic Joker for example, but Freeze is awful.
>>
Really liked it too. That Superman crossover is probably the most interesting of all times in terms of plot and action. And I love their Clock King episode to bits.
>>
File: Dick Sees Your Penis.gif (473 KB, 245x273) Image search: [Google]
Dick Sees Your Penis.gif
473 KB, 245x273
>>82011702
Opposite reaction from me.

I watched 5 episodes since they put it on Netflix, they were all much worse than I remember.

Honestly, the only ep I find all that memorable is The Laughing Bat or whatever that Joker pretends to be Batman episode was called.

I never disliked it because it wasn't BTAS, I'm a huge fan of Brave & The Bold, it just wasn't a good show.
>>
>>82012559
gothfag pls, this design is a travesty
>>
>>82013961
>the first 20 or so episodes of BTAS
>good
>implying the final season of BTAS didn't have phenomenal animation with tighter story telling
>implying TNBA was bad at all
>implying that final Batman & The Justice League season was remotely well done
I'm going to go ahead and assume you're in your late teens and you grew up with TB.
>>
>I own The Batman vs Dracula
>>
>>82013377
You mean Ironman?
>>
File: DAVE.jpg (92 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
DAVE.jpg
92 KB, 600x435
Usual The Batman thread D.A.V.E. post.
>>
>>82017986
Does it have any cool special features?
>>
File: Du.jpg (20 KB, 475x263) Image search: [Google]
Du.jpg
20 KB, 475x263
Loved the aesthetics of that, and the animation was good. I liked the overall detective side of it too. The opening theme is fits Batman a lot.

The only thing that bothered me is that EVERY villain fights. Everyone knew kung fu in this, and that messed up a lot of opportunities this show had with it's different take on villains.

But overall, it's a great show. Definetely worth watching if you like Batman.
>>
>>82017608
I agree
Huge flop imo
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.