[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Due to social media buzz, the studio feels like one of the movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (587 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
587 KB, 791x1200
Due to social media buzz, the studio feels like one of the movies HAS to have a Superman/Black Adam fight

Sandman is NOT dead, but JLD is on hospice

In terms of infant projects, Lobo is ahead of Deathstroke and Birds of Prey in terms of "what is more likely to get made"

The Batman solo movie will either be a loose adaptation of Red Hood or Death of The Family

Ocean Master is ths lead villain in Aquaman

JL 1 will revolve around "Humans revolting against Metahumans". General Eiling will be one of the main villains

One character thrown around the studio is Captain Atom. They feel like they could do a lot on screen with the character, but is afraid of the audience not wanting to see him. It would be a trippy New-52 adaptation.
>>
>>82009547
>uses a comic cover
>it's another topic about capeshit speculation
>>
File: 84562541.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
84562541.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>82009547
>Death of the Family
At least Leto is going to cut his face off, I guess.
>>
Why is Warner running around like a chicken without a head? Like, do they have absolutely no grasp on how to plan for these movies?
>>
>>82009645
I'm actually annoyed by this
>>
Have any sources for these, champ?
>>
>>82009547
for some reason I really want a Deathstroke movie in the vein of Dredd where its just deathstroke killing dudes for 2 hours
>>
>>82009830
my bum lol
>>
>>82009547
What about Blue & Gold
>>
>>82009547
>Sandman is NOT dead
yeah, okay
>>
>>82009830
Could be that anon who leaked the Dafoe castinf
>>
>>82009547
>It would be a trippy New-52 adaptation.
Man, what a nice little series that was.
>>
File: image.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>82009547
>The Batman solo movie will either be a loose adaptation of Red Hood or Death of The Family
>Red Hood
Fucking Geoff "I hate Batman" Johns and Hackffleck. They picked the absolute WORST Batman story for the DCEU? Really? Really? I understand Johns wanting to do the story since UtH is literally the only Batman comic he's read (and he doesn't even like the character and only chose himself for the job for the money). But I expected more from Hackffleck.

You literally just established DCEU Batman as a Zimmerman-esque killer that kills criminals (WITH FUCKING GUNS! GUNS!!!) with no remorse.
You can't have BatFleck lecture Jason Todd that "Killing is never right" when he's been killing and using the same freakin methods as Jason Todd!!! And no DCEUfags and Johnsfags, having Batfkeck go "W-W-Well I learned it was wrong" does not make it less stupid. It still makes Batman look like a idiotic hypocrite.

WB is full of idiots. I wish Disney would just buy DC from them. It's obvious they don't know what they are doing.
>>
>>82011508
What else could they adapt that iconic enough? Killing Joke?
They had the whole Bane breaking the Bat thing too already.
>>
>>82009648
I think op meant Death in the Family. Since it's the story where Jason Todd died. They can use that story as an excuse to bring him back as Red Hood. Because god forbid they adapt something that isn't Red Hood. Nope. Under the Hood is Batman's most important story ever.
>>
>>82011766
I think the point is that it hasn't been done on the big screen yet.
>>
>>82009648
>>82011766
Wouldn't DofF also require the rest of the Batfamily to be introduced? at least "in" only really requires Jason.
Plus faceless Joker barely worked in comics never mind in film.
>>
>>82011891
>Faceless Joker barely worked in comics
Except on /co/, Snyder and his run gets a lot of acclaim
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 552x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 552x700
>>82011730
How about doing something original or new?
Marvel Studios made a movie about a talking Raccoon and Tree.

Why not have a Batman movie with Calyface? Or the Mad Hatter? Or a non-shit Mr Freeze?

Or any Batman story that doesn't require Batman lecturing and Strawmaning someone that killing criminals is worse than the holocaust when your cinematic Batman has Hitler'd criminals with no remorse. It's not fucking rocket science.

Could you imagine of they did this with Superman? After MoS, they adapt What's so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way. And Superman tells everyone that killing is never right after he snapped Zod without mercy.
>>
>>82011891
Pretty sure OP meant Death in the Family. Death in the Family is the death of Jason Todd. Death OF the Family is Scott Snyder's story. Even if it was Death OF the Family, they could change stuff like what Marvel did with Civil War.
Fox is doing Old Man Logan and will probably change stuff.
>>
>>82012014
>Marvel studios made a movie about a talking raccoon
How is this in any way original? I saw the same shit in dr dolittle.
>>
>>82012014
It can be implied for dabbling in political matters as well.
>>
>>82009547
>the studio feels like one of the movies HAS to have a Superman/Black Adam fight
Wouldn't ShazamAKACaptainMarvel/Superman fight make more sense?
>>
>>82012260
After an edgy Superman they kind of need captain marvel to come in as the new bastion of hope.
>>
>>82011891
I wish we would get the Batfamily. Even the obscure members. Because we might get a Battle for the Cowl movie down the road.
>>
>>82011508
oh shit is this the 'marvel should buy superman' guy again?
>>
>>82012819
To be fair, they should.
>>
>>82011730
Ra's al Ghul wasn't iconic,but they made a movie with him in it.
>>
>>82014174
O'Neil's run?

>>82011730
They can always adapt Moore's mortal clay or Englehart's Strange apparitions.
>>
>no doom patrol

FUDC
>>
>>82011508

They don't have to adapt it verbatim you autist, and it's a decent choice for a solo Batman movie considering Batman's old and has a dead Robin, plus it would make for decent synergy with Arkham Knight making casuals know who Jason is.
>>
>>82014898
I'm talking about iconic to the general public.
>>
>>82009547
Atom or Captain Atom? Get this straight, champ
>>
>>82020238
Rocket Raccon and Groot weren't iconic to the general public. Then they got their own movie and are more famous than Superman and Spider-Man.

Maybe WB/DC can't into heroes?
\/O\/
>>
>>82011508

Didn't stop Cap 3 Civil War from being good.
>>
>>82012014
>Marvel Studios made a movie about a talking Raccoon and Tree

Pretty sure magic tattoos Joker on a rampage is more original than a talking animal and tree.
>>
>>82017134
Arkham Knight was a shitty game(with shitty gameplay, shitty framerate, shitty Batmobile segment, and a shitty story). Why adapt such a shitty game? It was so shitty that Rocksteady suppresed any bad article or review that rightfully criticized the game. Jason Todd was done so terrible that casuals don't want him. Heck, the Batgirl(Simone run) sold more than Red Hood and the Outlaws.
Plus casuals already knew who Jason Todd was because of the animated movie.
>>
I see a lot of speculation about doing a Batman movie about Robin being dead or one of the dead Robins coming back but..

Shouldn't they do a movie about a live Robin first?

I realize that the character has enough cultural cache for people to know who he is without "getting to know" him, but just because you know who a character is doesn't mean you give a shit. When Jason showed up in Arkham Knight no one except comic nerds really cared because it was the first fucking time he had been mentioned in those games.

It strikes me as either an excuse for wanton grimness or taking Batman's position as a pop culture icon for granted.
>>
>>82009547
>Red Hood
how would that work when dceu batman has killed people without remorse?
>bruce:JASON! STARP! you can't kill criminals. it's against da law and ain't right!!!
>jason: you killed people tho desu
>bruce: yeahhh, but that was before i found out it was wrong and bad. now i am sorry. and because I am sorry, that gives me the right to lecture you and tell you what's right and wrong
>>
>>82021860
>Shouldn't they do a movie about a live Robin first?
That would be a smart idea. WB doesn't do smart ideas.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.