[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been out for a while. Could someone explain me what is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
I have been out for a while. Could someone explain me what is going on with #dcrebirth, why is this happening and what should I pick to catch everything related?
>>
>what is going on with #dcrebirth

A relaunch for a new jumping on point. Also taking the opportunity to fix some things people have been bitching about since the new52 started, like Ollie's lack of goatie or Tim's wings

>why is this happening

DCYou failed
>>
>>82008731
>Tim's wings
I don't read teen Titans or any bat family book, but any time that I ever saw Tim in his nu52 costume I always thought the wings were really cool.
>>
>>82008731
>DCYou failed
I didn't even know it was a thing - saw only few covers on twitter and that's all

>A relaunch for a new jumping on point
We already know the ending point in new52 universe and starting point in #dcrebirth? I saw some informations like "pre-new52 sups is back"
>>
>>82008935
New 52 universe isn't ending. Just some stuff being rearranged and relaunched.

Superman is in a weird situation where the editorial is so retarded that they decided to make the status quo even more confusing by having the pre-new52 superman come in and take over for the new 52 superman who will apparently be dead or depowered
>>
>>82008731
Yes it's those two things that caused people to be annoyed at New 52.

They really needed a relaunch. And hope writers, editors, and everyone else actually talk to each other this time. Because the first year or two was just a pain to read.
>>
Will it reboot like Flashpoint? Like someone changes time and it rearranges a few mild aspects? It are they just gonna throw out some Issue #1s with no explanation?
>>
File: CbR3jNwUMAAPI3s.jpg (35 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
CbR3jNwUMAAPI3s.jpg
35 KB, 600x405
>>82011900
It's not a reboot.
It's not a reboot.
It's not a reboot
>>
>>82011900
The explanation is in the DC Rebirth one-shot special. And each series that's getting relaunched is getting its own Rebirth special to set up any status quo changes.
>>
>>82012046
No offense but I kind of wish they did just reboot the whole fucking thing. This Rebirth is going to be confusing for some people and the only reason to do this is get new readers. So just issuing new #1 while not actually being #1 will put people off.
>>
>>82012254
Marvel Now! and All-New Marvel Now! worked better than All-New Marvel
>>
>>82012254
Comics aren't that difficult to get into. You don;t have to start from the very beginning.
>>
>>82012254
>This Rebirth is going to be confusing for some people
there is nothing confusing about it

they are relaunching the books, pretty much everything has a new creative team or at the very least a new direction

that's it
>>
>>82012336
But that's really the whole point of this. To get new readers with a new status quo. But they will most likely still use elements from New 52 which people dropped like a rock.
>>
>>82012366
I don't really disagree with you for the most part except when it came to superman.

It seems like he is straight up replaced with his pre Nu-52 self. and there's a Superson now? and when last I checked he was either undergoing some Max Landis thing, or had this weird "everyone knows I'm clark kent, and im just gonna wear shirt and jeans superman" thing.

I will be honest a lot of that made me stop keeping up with supes in general, and maybe at some point they explained it away.
>>
>>82012336
>You don;t have to start from the very beginning
But that's a problem for a lot of people who don't read comics. In every other media, when you want to start something, you read/watch the first one.
>>
>>82012613
The Max Landis thing is a stand alone/alt universe thing.

Pre-New 52 Superman was in Convergence,where his son was born, and then ended up in the new 52 universe (and has been there since the beginning), and will be meeting post-new 52 Superman in The Final Days of Superman crossover arc going through the entire Superline this month and next.

Superman has his powers back, but is dying now. He's still public out as Clark Kent.
>>
Who are the two characters behind Bats?
>>
>>82014823
Gotham and Gotham Girl

They're new
>>
I just hope Finch won't just be phoning it in on his Batman.
>>
>>82009285
Rumor has it editors were rewriting half the books entirely because they were trying to keep their continuity straight - but between the books they edited, not necessarily with other comics in other offices. Which is why Teen Titans, for example, has a completely different portrayal of Tim Drake than the Batman comics did, and backstories for him that don't mesh.

Then they fucked everything up by trying to make it all work together cohesively when it was clearly not set up to, leaving us with timelines and backstories and even identities that don't synch up.

I would really like it if they just said "Fuck it!" and let the comics contradict each other depending on who's writing. I really don't care about comics I don't enjoy, I just drop them and read stuff I like.

>>82008571
So this is Superman and Supergirl popping in to help, you think? Saving that airliner we heard about crashing? And then it fosters some kind of conflict? I wonder if this is what they're doing with Nu52 Supes...
>>
>>82013108
So Nu52 supes is dying, and Post Crisis supes got to have a life of peace and quiet with his family.

It feels like an identity crisis just waiting to happen.
>>
>>82015693
There's a reason he's on a book that ships twice monthly. Guy gets his shitty art out on time.
>>
>>82015941
New 52 had so many problems. While that idea of "fuck it" is nice there are people that might want to get some feeling of order. While retcon happens all the fucking time New 52 really set a new standard. And that was going to be the line everyone should start with. With everything resetting. But because of how badly they failed they lost way more readers than most likely gained for resetting. While I don't ever feel the need to do a universe reset because of new readers I get some of that mentality behind it. But if you are going to reset the universe at least have a few year plan on most of your books and make sure everything fits because if things get to confusing people might not want to read them. Hell with what they are doing with Supes is while nice getting to Post Crisis taking over is maddening at best.
>>
>>82016027
>Guy gets his shitty art out on time.
He doesn't though.
>>
>>82016909
I'm honestly not sure what's happened to sales. Tim Seely says they're better than before Nu52, but he didn't offer any figures to back that up. I know I buy a lot fewer DC comics now than I did in 2008-2010. But I'd probably be happiest if they started publishing some post-crisis continuity comics, too... Convergence was bad, but they spun Lois & Clark out of it, and whatever the quality of it is, at least it was written like it was for the readers who cared about comics from before 2011.
>>
>>82017301
Convergence I feel is just them trying to unfuck New 52 than them trying to give more Post-Crisis stuff. Used that to explain why Rebirth is happening like with Supes. I mean for all I know New 52 has been doing well but I feel with tons of writers, editors, artists and so many others coming out of the woodwork in just the first year and complaining about all the problem with New 52 I can't imagine how the readers put up with it. I honestly hope well for Rebirth and I can actually see DC finally getting it right because of how badly New 52 was to them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.