[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of this series? These are more of comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 197x256
What does /co/ think of this series?

These are more of comic books than they are books, aren't they?

I don't think there's ever been a thread on them here either.
>>
I read it in 5th grade, as did most everybody else in my school. I loved it at the time but I doubt I would be half as interested in it now.

And Rowley is a piece of shit.
>>
>>82006236
I read the first four books and enjoyed them.

It would have made a much better cartoon than live action films.
>>
I read it when it was a webcomic and loved it
Flipped through the first book when it came out and it was all out of order and there were large parts missing, I was disgusted and haven't looked back
>>
>>82006500
I think I remember reading somewhere that they were considering making Cabin Fever into an animated special.
>>
>>82006530
Same, it bothered the shit out of me.
>>
>>82006500
I saw the first two movies with my family and rodrick rules was surprisingly not shit
>>
>>82006236
My brother had these books. Read through them once and I was struck by how much of a piece of shit the kid was. Just really didn't like him.
>>
>>82006530
What parts were missing?
>>
File: Captainunderpantscover.jpg (67 KB, 343x500) Image search: [Google]
Captainunderpantscover.jpg
67 KB, 343x500
>Not posting the superior book
>>
>>82006236
This might sound weird, but all my copies of Wimpy Kid books smell strange.
>>
File: image.png (38 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 1000x668
>>82011812
Is this the origin of laffin?
>>
>>82006236
I read the online version on Funbrain, which was ordered slightly differently and ended with MC and his friend meeting a new girl.

I haven't read the books in a long time, but I imagine he's written new material for it in the recent books.
>>
>>82010941
it was just reordered. Subsequent titles eventually covered all the stories from the webcomic.
>>
>>82010499
This.
I HATED the main character. He was a massive fucking asshole to everyone. A self centered jerk ass.
>>
>>82006439
>rowley is a piece of shit
Explain
>>
>>82006236
let me just say this right now, greg is a PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>82006236
i hate to be that guy, but it's basically just homo shota right? that seems to be basically all it is. really fucking infantile.
>>
I liked the books back in elementary and middle school. I remember seeing the first trailer for the movie and knowing it was garbage. Having seen CN's constant reruns of it made me remember how much of a piece of shit Greg was, why would anyone be friends with him? Also why was CN constantly airing these movies?
>>
File: Reading is fun.jpg (25 KB, 540x289) Image search: [Google]
Reading is fun.jpg
25 KB, 540x289
>>82006236
Greg is a piece of shit who's faults are almost all consequences of his own actions, and deserves to get shit on constantly.

Rowley is the worst fucking person ever, in that he will fuck everything up but never gets called out on it because he's literally, factually retarded. Mentally Handicapped kid with just enough intelligence to exploit something when Greg throws him into the shitpit.

The baby is a baby but fuck that baby.

Roderick is just a shitty teenager.

The Mom is just the worst kind of person, and really fucked up all her children for life.

The Dad is a cool dude who got his life ruined by his shitty wife and kids. The Dad is the real hero of this series for not going Murder-Suicide yet.

That creepy kid with the stupid face is just that kid. A sad fuck but clearly has developmental issues, and doesn't exploit them like that piece of shit Rowley.

Everyone in that book except the Dad is shit in their own way, and the only reason kids like these books is because they all act exactly like Greg at their age/think Greg is right about everything. They're wrong and Greg is shit.
>>
>>82018444
the dad is at best complacent with almost every bad decision the mom makes, and at worst is causing his own shit or walling off his family in his train room.
>>
>>82017232
this.
why?
>>
>>82018444
>blah blah blah worst kind of person this, blah blah worst person that
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.