[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Learn you're the Avatar >Bitch out >Disappear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 288x175
>Learn you're the Avatar
>Bitch out
>Disappear for 50 years
>The entire world gets deep dicked for half a century because of your inaction
>Your legacy is a half-assed and unnecessary attempt to continue your airbending bloodline and a Republic City that's on land stolen from the Earth Kingdom and the Spirits

Aang was the worst
>>
Bait thread. An Aang that stayed would have been a dead Aang.
>>
>>81998093
>An Aang that stayed would have been a dead Aang.

Yet he was perfectly capable of eluding capture since the minute he woke up.
>>
>>81998069
Wasn't Aang the one who wanted Republic City in the end? I remember him being against it until he saw how it united the nations.
>>
>>81998069
It was 100 years, wasn't it?
>>
>>81998069
I thought we came to the agreement that every Avatar was shit?
>>
>>81998069
>a Republic City that's on land stolen from the Earth Kingdom and the Spirits

>implying three state solution wasn't the only fair answer
>>
File: 1337037313231.jpg (244 KB, 601x874) Image search: [Google]
1337037313231.jpg
244 KB, 601x874
>>82001376
Kyoshi got shit done
>>
>>82001339

It was. Hence "the hundred year war". OP fucked up.
>>
>>82001547
>Let a war lord run rampant over a continent
>Only confront him once his campaign was settling into the new status quo
>Kill him and reinstate the previous King who had proven himself unsuited for the position
>Therefore creating a power vacuum that throws the continent into a second, completely unnecessary uprising
>Resolve the matter by installing a fascist administration controlling citizens through a secret police force with no checks or balances to their power
Kyoshi is a legit contender for the worst Avatar ever. She was selfish, stupid, lazy and nothing she did helped anybody.
>>
At least he didn't break the chain of past Avatars or merge the spirit world and material worlds together.

Only a truly retarded Avatar would do that.
>>
>>82001547
Yangchen was also pretty great. Did her job so well the next Avatar had nothing to do but slack off and get his wife's face taken.
>>
>>82002032
That must honestly suck.

You're the Avatar, the only person in the world who can use all elements.

And nothing fucking happens that let you really show your power because your predecessor was too good at her job.
>>
>>82002068
It's better than cleaning up your predecessors messes because they were so shit at their job.
Looking at you, Roku.
>>
>>82002104
I never really thought about it, but yeah.

Roku was shit. He wasn't a shit mentor for Aang, so there's a good point about him, I guess.

Imagine if Aang had Korra as the Avatar previous him to teach him.
>>
>>82002023
Even worse she killed him by ACCIDENT she was literally just running away from the issue
>>
File: f.png (751 KB, 1094x595) Image search: [Google]
f.png
751 KB, 1094x595
I wanna see a show about this guy.

I bet he was metal as fuck.
>>
>>82002137
That's why every Avatar after Korra is fucked. All they have is her for spiritual advice, and she has more fuck ups than any previous Avatars.
>>
>>82002137
>He wasn't a shit mentor for Aang, so there's a good point about him
Up until he started telling Aang to kill Zuko.
Which is even more fucked up when you remember that they were related.
That means that Zuko's sister, father, grandfather and great-grandfather have all tried to get him killed at some point.
>>
>>82002320
Wait, what?
>>
>>82002320
I think that says more about Zuko than anyone else.
>>
>>82002350
The Promise. Aang and Zuko fall out over what to do about the Fire Nation colonies. People think that Zuko's going full Imperialism again and Roku's all "Don't make the same mistake I made with Sozin. End that bacon-faced Fuck!"

Admittedly, that was a pretty bad trilogy.

>>82002396
I'll reserve my judgment until Iroh and Ursa try and kill him.
>>
>>82002274
>There are people RIGHT NOW who think Korra was a great avatar
>>
>>82002137
>Raava damn it Aang punch the Fire Lord in the balls
>but
>SET HIS BALLS ON FIRE
>>
>>82002274
I'm of the opinion that all the Avatars are in the spirit world waiting for an Avatar to reconnect with them

Too bad Korra probably spent her time there munching rug, maybe the next one will figure it out
>>
>>82002594
She was a better Avatar than YOU
>>
Aang ending Ozai's campaign was basically his peak achievement, so I always thought it'd be cool if LoK showed hints that Aang basically spent the rest of his life obsessing over those early years.
You change a lot from 12 to adulthood, so there'd probably be a major psychological effect on a guy who saved the entire world as a kid and then spent the rest of his life attending to duller political matters.
>>
>>81998069
It was 100 years you fucking casual

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>81998069
Actually it was a full century you retard. I mean it's not like it was mentioned several times throughout the series in case you ever forgot.
>>
>>82002260
Id like to see a show about Jafar over there.
Also the fat bender behind the latest water bender before korra might be interesting.
>>
>>82002274
How do you know that?
Also at least she managed to revive the airbending lineage.
>>
>>82003246
He was the one that came up with the ancient cake-making techniques that Gyatso was talking about.
>>
>>82003260
By accident.
>>
>>82003246
>>82003314
Look behind the air nomad behind Jafar
>>
>>82003349
And Aang trapping himself in an iceblock was totally on purpose. It was not because I don't know, he ran away from his responsibilities.
It was Korras decission because she thought it is time to connect the spirits with the human again.
If I have to compare those two incidents I give Korra more respect for her decission than Aangs.
>>
>>82003260
By accident and one could argue that even then she fucked up royally by tearing a hole between spirit world and real world.
Just wait a while and the spirits will get pissed at humans sooner or later and form their growing "no humans allowed" zones.
Just wait till the great spirit-human war which forces another avatar to close the portals Korra opened and the society falls back to stone age due to that conflict.
>>
>>82003740
she didn't tear a hole, she just opened it back up.
>>
>>82003740
Ow the head canon
>>
>>82003844
Hey, the reason why they closed the portals in the first place was a conflict between immortal spirits and humans.

Humans haven't changed squat during the thousands of years since those early times and neither have spirits.
What the hell are you expecting to happen?
>>
nigga aang was a natural avatar
he learned all that shit in like 2 years. he fucked the most powerful firebender (besides the ever peaceful DRAGON OF THE WEST, who got into Bah Sing Sei without a cheap fucking drill) in the ass during sozins comet. but really Iroh is literally a monster, fire doesn't come from rage it comes from passion
>>
>>82004000
You have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
File: 1454037476788.png (34 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1454037476788.png
34 KB, 510x546
>>82004056
>you have to check those numbers
>i'm drunk
>row row motherfucker
>>
>>82001547
If Kyoshi is so amazing then when why was Korra able to kill her? Korra has taken on the mantle of most badass avatar.
>>
>>81998164
Because he woke up in a secluded location where he was immediately made aware of the dangers of the Fire Nation.

The Air Nomads were all killed in a surprise war, Aang would have most likely died in the same attack monk Gyatso did if he hadn't bitched out.
>>
>>82004136
Because Kyoshi and no other avatar saw it coming.

They maybe thought that Korra was bad, but they always put it off as either "Oh don't worry guys, the next one will fix her messes" and also, how could spirits do anything to Korra who was still a fucking physical entity.
Spook her to death by haunting at her every night?
>>
>>82002260
>the only avatars that died old are that guy and roku
breddy sad.
>>
>>82004171
And let us not forget that Gyatso was a badass extraordinaire.
>>
>>82004225
There's another air nomad behind the latest water bender (not the fat one and i bet he died as old as people that fat could get) with a long ass white beard.
>>
File: kuvira.png (762 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kuvira.png
762 KB, 1280x720
So Book 2 and Book 3 murdering her past lives and then poisoning her respectively was just a means of explaining how Korra could be depressed and unable to do anything for several years? They were playing the long game to explain the emergence of a fascist state.
>>
>>82004225
Not necessarily. I think the Avatars spirit avatar (heh) is more likely a Matrix kind of deal where you appear as a reflection how you see yourself.

For example Kyoshi was supposedly the longest living avatar but in spirit form she looks middle aged.
>>
>>82004374
Then why isn't Aang still a kid?
I got the image from him that he remained a child at heart till his death.
>>
>>82003648

Considering all the bullshit the Spirits did to humanity. I can't help but say that Korra made another idiotic choice based on her feelings. What a fucking moron.
>>
>>82004431
I'd disagree, in the Korra flash backs he seems more responsible/decisive than kid Aang was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVg2ANIoK9E
>>
>>82004458
>Considering all the bullshit the Spirits did to humanity.
They lived together in the same world. What are you talking about?
>based on her feelings
Her feelings brought balance back to the world and made it possible for future air avatar.
And Aang acted based on feelings all the time.
>What a fucking moron.
Don't be too hard to yourself.
>>
>>82004629
I forgot Clancy Brown did a voice in Korra.
>>
>>82004739
>They lived together in the same world.

Humans having to stay on Lionturtles in fear of getting killed by spirits doesn't really fall under the definition of "together"
>>
File: wat.jpg (65 KB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
65 KB, 540x301
>>82004136
>>82004214
>>
>>82004214
>Spook her to death by haunting at her every night?

I would want to see that.
>>
>>82004225
Aang died at 70, is that not considered old?
>>
>>82004739
>They lived together in the same world. What are you talking about?

Crippling body horror. Chasing them into almost extinction. No willing to listen or cooperate with them. Forcing them to live inside giant turtle fortress.

Shit, the spirits were by all mean like the Titans of SnK only even more pettier and selfish. They are even taking pieces of Republic City like the selfish cunts that they are.

>And Aang acted based on feelings all the time.

The Awakening: Aang decides that if he is to maintain the element of surprise, the world will have to think he is dead for the time being. He impales the glider into the molten rock, leaving it to burn to flames.

Fuck you, fuck your bait and go rot in a pit.
>>
>>82005730
>Shit, the spirits were by all mean like the Titans of SnK only even more pettier and selfish.
Not really. Otherwise Wan wouldn't have been able to cooperate with them.
>The Awakening: Aang decides that if he is to maintain the element of surprise, the world will have to think he is dead for the time being.
Aang didn't want to be Avater because of the responsibility so he ran away.
He got a letter from Sokka and Kataras father but choose not to tell them because it would ruin his fun.
Instead of focusing on his training he wasted time playing arround.
As soon as he started beding fire he started getting careless because muh new power and burned Katara.
After Appa was kidnapped instead of thinking logically what Toph did, he got pissed off and turned on his emo mood until he saw a fucking baby. Seriously?
Those aren't even all where he only acted because he felt like it at that moment.
>Fuck you, fuck your bait and go rot in a pit.
There is someone salty, because I don't constantly suck last airbenders cock.
>>
File: 1395378490545.png (1 KB, 374x296) Image search: [Google]
1395378490545.png
1 KB, 374x296
>>82002260
>we'll never get backstory on all those avatars
>we'll never know about the armless fire avatar 3.14
>we'll never know how ruthless yangchen was
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.