[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the only CN cartoon that couldn't be ruined if it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: billy-mandy-01-595x396.jpg (39 KB, 595x396) Image search: [Google]
billy-mandy-01-595x396.jpg
39 KB, 595x396
Is this the only CN cartoon that couldn't be ruined if it ever got a reboot years from now?
What's the worst they could do? The characters are already huge jackasses to each other.
>>
>>81992056
>What's the worst they could do?
All of the promo art has Mandy smiling.
>>
>>81992056
Everyone is generic brown with vibrantly colored undercut hairstyles.
>>
>What's the worst that can happen
Are you serious
Look at the new PPG
That's exactly what could happen.
>>
>>81992240
The IDW comics already fucked that up many times.
>>
>>81992056
People could miss the point really easily and do something stupid with the main characters, basically it would become like the later seasons but worse, they could start playing too safe trying to live up by the original, ending with boring, repetitive jokes or flanderization, or they could introduce new characters and butcher stuff already established on the original

People think a reboot can be kept exactly like the original as long as the same people are working on it, but that's bullshit, even if the staff is the same, even if the creator is there and still loves his job, their minds, their inspirations will be different, the person who would have made the show years ago would be different from the person today, you can see lots of animators that kinda of went through this path, even if their legacy still gives them enough reason to be respected
>>
File: angry grim.gif (386 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
angry grim.gif
386 KB, 639x475
>>81992056
Billy and Mandy is the easyest to ruin!

All the cartoon was a perfect balance of what it made it good, in terms of story, characters and sound effects.

Really, leave the last one to certain jokes and you'll se how they fall flat.

Also, Mandy is a strong, indipendent girl but also evil, so they'll cut that last part, ruining her character completely.
>>
>>81992056
Imagine SJW Mandy. Billy is a male apologist faggot. They can do whatever they want OP. It can be as shit as they want.
>>
>>81992056
Make Fred Fredburger the main character.
>>
>>81992400
Well, to be fair, i don't expect a reboot to be like the original run.
Actually, I'm expecting something different, the only thing i want from a show is it to be good, similar to the original or not.
>>
memes
>>
>>81992434
He already obeyed her every command.
He was her bitch from the very beginning.
>>
File: image.png (264 KB, 549x411) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264 KB, 549x411
>>81992240
>>81992357

She used to smile here and then before the later seasons. There were some gems in the later seasons but really, the show was in its prime early on when Billy was just a well meaning idiot and Mandy was a sarcastic brat who fully embraced the little girl shtick instead of being edgelord supreme.

>>81992270
>people still getting triggered over brown people existing

wew.

But for reals, an easy way to kill off this reboot a la nu-ppg is to

>remove what made the artstyle distinct (grotestque cartoony reactions, sharp thick outlines, retro inspired designs and just the general monster designs period) and homogenize it so that it looks just like the most generic modern cartoon look
>get rid of the cartoony stock sound effects cause "that's just outdated you know!"
>make the episodes more "character orientated" so that the plots are more cookie cutter to make and won't actually draw from its inspiration at all (PPG with superheroes, Billy and Mandy with b movie grotesqueness)
>amp up those memey characters like Fred Fredburger and Dracula because we need that BRAND NAME RECOGNITION FOR OUR NEW LINE OF MERCHANDISE
>stop piss takes on pop culture all together cause that doesn't fit well with generic modern slice of life toons anymore.

And so on! But as >>81992400
says it best, a reboot period is just a bad idea. The original media was a product of its time. Any attempt at a reboot that ISN'T just trying to resell brand name merchandise (which is almost never the case) just can't ever recapture that same flame twice.
>>
>>81992458
>Well, to be fair, i don't expect a reboot to be like the original run.
I don't think that was anon's point. I don't believe anyone should ever expect a reboot to be the same as the source material.

What anon is saying though, is that even if the same group of people are working on the reboot, personal values change. Principles change. Things like this can effect the quality if the new material to a significant degree.
>>
File: DKKd.png (65 KB, 185x153) Image search: [Google]
DKKd.png
65 KB, 185x153
It could be in 3D...
>>
BaM was basically Always Sunny: kids edition

It can easily be ruined by todays PC world
>>
>>81992542
>people still getting triggered over brown people existing
Nigger I'M brown. Also notice that I said "generic brown".
>>
>>81992612
I'm just saying, there's way worse that can be done than just "th-there's ambiguous brown people now ;;" and all in the name of selling merchandise.
>>
Billy most definitely would not be a retard
>>
File: 1439777271776.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439777271776.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>81992487
>>
>>81992542
>Mandy:Perfect.
>>
>>81992056
Make it more safe, because it's 2spoopy4todayskids.
>>
>>81992542
>Mandy seriously hopes you guys don't do this.jpg
>>
Well, Billy would be written like Steven Universe. Do I really need to say any more?
>>
Erwin would stay true...that kid got so much puss
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.