[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like Harper Row? I've never encountered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: DC_Comics_Bluebird_Batman_28.png (167 KB, 249x316) Image search: [Google]
DC_Comics_Bluebird_Batman_28.png
167 KB, 249x316
Does anyone actually like Harper Row? I've never encountered anyone who actually likes her, including people who belong to the demographic she's supposed to appeal to. When will she leave? Who's keeping her around?

Why is her name almost Roy Harper backwards?
>>
My IRL friend with shit taste in comics likes her and hates Damian. For reference his pull list consists of more or less any event, every X-Men comic, Justice League, and Avengers
>>
>>81982891
When the Snyder batman comics stopped dead after death of the family to build her up for three (?) issues I dropped the comic. I didn't buy batman to read about trendy-lady-guns-nightwing

I've read some stuff with her since, but she seems pretty flat doesn't grab me in the least
>>
>>81982891

>Does anyone actually like Harper Row?

A few redditors and waifufags, not many else.

>When will she leave?

If Batwoman and Stephanie Brown are any indication, pretty much never despite being a shitty character and offering nothing to the mythos.

>Who's keeping her around?

Scott Snyder. He basically replaced every bat-character created in the past 20 years with his own OCs, and he and Tynion the Minion have the keys to the Bat-verse.
>>
>>81983621
Hey steph and Batwoman both had solid solo books (I only count rucka's run as being great)

Harper has done jack shit. Maybe Snyder is planning to do lots with her and duke in all-star batman
>>
>>81982891
Atleast Duke is aight
>>
I hope she and Duke die.
>>
>>81982891

I don’t read batman and I hate her. I talked to Lance, and she sounds like so much like a character cliche it is stupid.
>>
>>81982891
Harper’s the worst character added to the Bat-Family since that retard who used to live in the batcave and fix Bruce Wayne’s cars in the early 90’s.
>>
>>81983621
>If Batwoman and Stephanie Brown are any indication
Isn't batwoman virtually nonexistent these days?
>>
Harper is a character that is just plain redundant in an otherwise overcrowded Batfamily. Snyder desperately wants to leave his mark on Batman and tries everything from wanking over joker, to creating OC characters ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR A NEW ROBIN?!?! No one gives a shit about Harper, or Batwing, and if I hear one more faggot praise Damian Im going to lose it.
>>
Do we really need another one of these? I hate this character so much, why don't they just focus on the existing Batfamily instead of adding a new one.
>>
>>81982891
She looks cool I guess. That's literally it.
>>
The Batfamily as it should be:
>Dick
>Babs (who goes from Batgirl to Orcale AND STAYS THAT WAY)
>Jason
>Tim
And thats it. Anyone else should be used for next generation and Damian can die in a fire for all I care
>>
>>81982891
When they first teased her and she was just Batmans gun toting back up, I liked her. EVERYTHING after that, was indifference at best to really annoying at worst, mostly the latter. But I've never gone full on hate for her, yet.
>>
>>81988720
fuck you Jason you sucks.
YOU die in a fire for all I care.
>>
Whatever happened to Harper anyway? Did she move to a new book or? I remember reading Endgame and was like "Oh shit Harper is a still a thing"
>>
She was alright for like, 10 minutes in Eternal.
>>
>>81988844
in eternal year 2.
but retired at end of it
>>
>>81988720
>>81988830
I don't care for Jason either but at least he's got a role in the damn thing, what exactly does Harper do but steal other people's established roles?
>>
>>81988844
she graduated flying animals cadet school and has assumed the moniker 'Bluebird'.
>>
>>81988720
Why I Hate Jason Todd!
Jason Todd fan are cancer for the Batfamily.
>>
>>81988911
Jason Todd fans are so annoying.
>>
>>81988830
>>81988911
Calm your tits, I dont really care that much for Red Hood. I care more about the loss Bruce went through
>>
>>81982936
Drown your friend hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution.
>>
>>81982891
I asked in another forum about the least liked Batman characters and Bluebird/ Harper row was one of the ones listed. I asked why and he said that it is because she is too generic. She just seems like another character and nothing really special or unique.
>>
>>81988884
Helena Bertinelli fulfilled the "black sheep" role of the Batfamily much better.
>>
>>81988629
Hey fuck you, Harold was great.
>>
I hate Harper, . Some people have touched on various problematic facets in regards to her, slightly redundant, pushing other characters to the sidelines, etc. I think there is something to the Snyder doesn't know how to write Damian bit, so he's created proxy Robins he feels more comfortable with, but Snyder isn't great at actually utilizing the supporting cast well because he tends to focus on Bats as a lonely figure.
>>
Oh boy, I cant wait to see Duke AKA Lark make his debut..........
>>
>>81989035
Jason being Bruce's loss works better if he stays dead. As a living character, he adds very little. He's never starred in a half-decent story, and his only good comic was in Morrison's run.
>>
>>81982891
I don't really like he and Duike. I think she's a really unnecessary addition to an already bloated cast. There's just nothing interesting about her to elicit any reaction from me. Also not a fan how she takes out big name villains like Freeze or the Hatter with so little experience.
>>
>>81988649
You know, for a guy who really wants to leave a mark on the Batfam, he sure has hell tried his best to NOT leave a mark on the Batfam. Both Court of the Owls and Death of the Family had some great buildup and suspense and climax, but their resolutions were so disappointingly flat and painfully inconclusive, and didn't really have the balls to leave any permanent mark on the status quo. The Owl dude just mysteriously disappears with a question mark bigger than the Riddler's, as if to say "I'll let someone with more balls come out and say he's Bruce's brother, since I don't have any"; and the family basically gets back together shortly after the events of Death.

At least Morrison had the decency to kill Damian and give the nasty job of reviving him to the next unfortunate sod.
>>
>>81988720
Drop Jason, add Cass. Also Alfred is a member of the Batfamily.
>>
>>81989124
Duke's gonna be the official new Robin eventually. Snyder and Tynion are pushing for an entirely new Bat Family with Julia replacing Alfred,Duke replacing Damian, and Harper replacing Dick
I think whatever happens in Batman and Robin Eternal is supposed to set up the schism between the old guard and the new
>>
File: word.png (83 KB, 137x299) Image search: [Google]
word.png
83 KB, 137x299
>>81989193
>Alfred is a member of the Batfamily.

I think everyone who buys the comics can agree to that.
>>
>>81989171
Its all about reader self insert, only they dont realize it trivializes the whole thing the more bloated the family becomes
>>81989184
Snyder cant commit to shit. Everything was a fakeout half the time. And what he does stick with, is terrible fan fic tier
>>
>>81982891
I want to put my dick inside her
>>
>>81989193
>>81989241
Alfred goes without saying really
>>
>>81989197
Really? Oh, boy, that sounds like a bad idea. Not yet another Robin, please. You have a good one with Damian,

Batman rebirth
Team Dick ,Damian and Jason ,Batgirl vs Batman and his Mary Sues.

When is Snyder leaving?
>>
>>81989197
I have certainly felt it's something that Snyder wants, but I think it's hubris to attempt such a big revamp at once. Alfred is very much a sentimental favourite for many readers, and Damian is surprisingly quite popular now. That's not even touching how much people love Dick Grayson and how vocal a minority of his fans like to spew their anger in regards how he's being used/treated. Certain parts of such a plan might work, maybe switching one of those characters, but wholesale change I think would create too much ill feeling. I think DC probably is waiting to see how fans react to various upcoming things before actually allowing Snyder to do anything too drastic, but yes, it certainly feels like that is something on Snyder's horizon.
>>
Let Snyder tell the stories he wants with the characters he wants. Dick, Babs, Damian, Jason and can form their own little sub-family.
>>
>>81989394
That's the worst idea I've ever heard,Dick and Alfred are cornerstones of the Batman mythology,even Damian is on his way to becoming iconic,DC would be idiots to replace with them with dull,generic characters. All 3 of these new characters are cheaper versions of already existing characters or those who existed in the past.
>>
Hey this thread is neat because I JUST finished Eternal not even 10 minutes ago and I had no knowledge of Harper even existing before then

But I hate her. She could have at least been funny. And she gets to be Bat-sidekick before Steph or Cass? Rubbed me the wrong way

Eternal was still fucking awesome though. Does the sequel live up to it?
>>
>>81989452
I found Eternal to be a mess personally
>>
>>81989450
I would really hate that idea. I don't get how DC editorials keep saying that Harper is a fan-favorite. I don't mind her, but I don't like her enough to replace any member of the Bat family with her or even read a solo book of her character.

As for Duke, they really are pushing him towards the Robin role, but that means Damian will have to drop the mantle. I'm not sure how can do that with Damian being so young. Either make Damian suddenly age up and being forced into a new role ,
>>
>>81989452
Its constant Harper wanking to the point Cass is fucking useless and gets beat up for Harper to suddenly have a dark back story.
>>
I admit it's the direction they are moving, Snyder has no use for Damian and Grayson so those parts may very well happen. Harper as a pseudo Nightwing is slightly awkward though, because Dick works as the right hand man/independent hero purely because he's been around so long, he's the first son all grown up, the one Bruce trusts the most. Harper has so little character development, it's hard to see how she could fill the Dick role, even after 26 issues of Eternal. It might happen, it probably happens, but I think it's slightly ham fisted the way they are going about it. If Harper and Duke are going to replace Dick and Damian, well they should work a lot harder to make me actually care about them, because right now they just kind of exist in the same space as the pencil holder on my desk, I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other, it's/they're just there.
>>
>>81982891
Not a fan. To me, she just felt forced from the beginning. She's almost like a pointless addition.
>>
>>81989184
Damien's resurrection was excellently handled though, both in build-up and execution.
>>
>>81989587
Why do they always want to create new characters or redefine old ones darker and edgier instead of trying to tell good stories?
>>
I think it's time for Snyder to try something different for a bit. I've actually reached my limit on those types of stories and for that reason I've dropped the main Bat title for the time being.
>>
>>81982891
I hate Harper so much.
>>
I had no strong feelings towards her originally but after Batman and Robin Eternal I can't stand her and want her in a ditch, dead, by the end of the year.
>>
>>81989516
Dammit man, you were supposed to hype me up for it.

>>81989495
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But I thought Cluemaster being the big bad was the most hilarious thing and made me love the book even more.
>>
Speaking of the Bat-Family, the writers on Batman never seemed to know what to do with them.
Batman didn’t even think to call them. He just dragged Duke and Harper along,

Red Robin, Red Hood and Batgirl Dick ,Damian are great characters, and as members of the Bat-Family, they should have had a lot more to do in Batman
>>
>>81989714
> you were supposed to hype me up for it.
Don't get hype for bad stories
>>
>>81989825
Absolutely, I couldn’t agree more!
>>
Harper Row is the New Nightwing for Bats ...
>>
>>81988649
Damien was fucking horrible, but he does get better. Considering all the other Robins have their own thing. Damien is basically the only one that can just be Robin now. It sort of works because Dick helps Bruce lighten up, and then Bruce has to do the same thing to Damien. I used to fucking despise Damien but Morrison cleaned it all up pretty well.
>>
>>81989923
I think they're fucking up and seeing it like the Avengers comics or the X-Men comics where they want to have lots of popular characters they can put on covers to sell books.

The only problem is that people buy the goddamn comics to read about Batman and people who have relationships with him, not randos.
>>
>>81988720

nah it should be
>Batman
>Dick, who helps Batman open up to other people, eventually butts heads with him and goes off on his own, and becomes a career superhero
>Jason, the street kid who gets rekt then comes back as an asshole antihero. Basically Bruce's failure
>Tim, who actively chooses to become Robin and is a detective. May become Red Robin but probably retires at some point. His parents never should have died because fuck that. He should be the one that comes out relatively healthy.
>Babs, who becomes Batgirl and gets crippled and then becomes Oracle
>Damien, who is the one that Bruce has to help turn into a normal person.

and
>Batwoman, who Batman has basically no control over and just does her own thing.
>>
Petition to kill Harper Row and Duke?
>>
>>81989998
yeah. like, Batman incorporated was a cool idea, but I think the suits completely missed why people liked it and decided to go full Marvel with the "everyone is Batman" shit.
>>
>>81990140
she'll just come back as another Red Hood
>>
i will say Duke becoming Batman's sidekick is stupid i dont care that its some time away Duke is a boring character but the bigger problem is that this just continues DC's trend that becoming Batman's sidekick is a completely shallow event becuase no longer is becoming a sidekick special but ordinary. lets face it who less has as many freakin sidekicks or partners or assocates as Batman awnser no one and frankly its getting rediculous
>>
>>81990140
Count me in

Don't care at all for this character, I mean seriously wtf is Bruce thinking.
>>
>>81990140

I for one agree.
>>
>>81990197
I feel like Duke was great when grouped together with the other robins in We are Robin. But if he were to be officially picked up as Batman's sidekick I feel like that'd set up a barrier between him and the other We are Robin kids because he's been chosen and they haven't.
>>
>>81982891
Her debut issue was alright but she was intolerable in B&R:E. She should've remained a non-costumed Bat character. She adds nothing as a vigilante but a supporting character that shows up sometimes to help with some of the Batfamily with electronics/gadgets would've been fine.
>>
>>81982891
I love how she triggers Cassfags, Stephfags, Robinfags. It's beautiful.
>>
>>81990140
Signed lol. Kill her off already.
>>
>>81982891
.i just don't care about her...i don't really care if they kill her off,
>>
>only exists because editorial hates cass and steph

she needs to be hit by the same retcon as Black Wally
>>
File: 2953120-6205706298-tumbl.jpg (14 KB, 400x369) Image search: [Google]
2953120-6205706298-tumbl.jpg
14 KB, 400x369
>>81982891
>>
>>81988720
>keeping Tim
>losing Damian

Wrong answer.
>>
>>81989452
The sequel definitely isn't an improvement, but it still has it's moments.

Doesn't take place in Gotham or feature many bat-villains, so it's quite different from the first one. It's basically a globetrotting adventure starring the robins
>>
Harper Row be called Nightwing? Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah no.
>>
File: 1460429964425.png (76 KB, 247x215) Image search: [Google]
1460429964425.png
76 KB, 247x215
>>81982891
I always autistically hated it if a character claims they are "good guys". It's like they actually a cocky arrogant smug bastard that deserved to die the most painful death because they're a fucking retarded kiddies who considered themselves "good guys" just because they put costumes and beat weak bad guys and act like they're the most good person on a fucking planet and you have to be nice to us since we're the "good guys"

HOLY SHIT I HATE HARPER SO MUCH
>>
>>81982891
I think her characther have lot of problems. She doesnt having a role on tittle or solo aside and she often appears and disapears. She had controversy for being replacement of Dick Grayson and the worst she is a new characther on Batfamily a group who already has lot of characthers and she doesnt bring anything new to the tabble aside her looks.
>>
I don't care about her enough to hate her. She's just there. Too me she's nothing more than a temp character. Hopefully when Snyder leaves future writers will forget about her.
>>
I think that's one of the reasons some people dislike her, though. That they wish those preboot versions of characters they actually liked where still around, and now it's like they get this watered-down versions of a bunch of them.
>>
Barbara, super smart and full of tech; Tim, super smart and full of tech; Damian, super smart and full of tech (he built Batman's flying Bat-Mobile); Luke, super smart and full of tech.
>>
File: 1934702-eddie_and_jason.jpg (59 KB, 438x481) Image search: [Google]
1934702-eddie_and_jason.jpg
59 KB, 438x481
>>81988830
>>81988884
>>81989035
>>81989136
>>81988911
>>81989001
>>81989193
>Always get overshadowed by Dick
>Opposite of Dick in every way, like
>Everyone hates him (character wise and reader wise)
>Not a chick magnet (even Tim can get more girls than him, hell, even Damian already attracted chick more than Jason)
>Bruce likes him the least
>Stuck with the worst writer (Fuck lodbell)
>Have been dead, and everyone prefer if he just die permanently
>Another Robin also died but that robin got better treatment than him
>Always get rekt by Damian
>Most cast he's been with mostly was just used Dick's friends

He's my most favorite and one of the reason was because he's the most unfortunate character I have read. Everyday I pray he got better treatment, and still hoping it will come soon.
>>
>>81982891
Snyder shoving his "pet character" down our throats ... sorry, still a shit character.
>>
Does anyone actually want Harper to have a bigger role than she already has? This smells like some executive or editor is forcing this unwanted character on us .
>>
Duke should be the new Robin, so that they can kill him off for cheap shock during the middle of next year.
>>
>>81982891
I hate her and she needs to die.
>>
>>81990456
So they just lightly shift the colors of her costume?
>>
>>81982891
just hate the idea that anyone can put on a costume, have a silly backstory and blam! you've become a superhero. Batman trained most of his life to become the Bat. Then took those teachings and prepared the Robins, and with that in mind, he HAS THE ROBINS. There was no need for this new character,
>>
>>81982936
hey Derrick
>>
>>81982891
She and Duke just kinda doesn't need to exist for me. There's way to many Bat-Family characters as it is, especially when Dick and Damian are interchangeable half the time.
>>
>>81991164
I'm kind of with you on that. If you're really a good guy, you won't have to say it.
>>
>>81989102
I think, actually, that Snyder can't write *Bruce* and one of the symptons is creating a lot of OCs to mask what would be otherwise apparent in character interactions (though I don't think he does this puposedly).

I think his avoidance of Damian is also based on this. In a sense Damian is Bruce 2.0 (and I say this lovingly), but with his extremes much less filtered and subtle. In other words, problems with charactirisation would be more apparent in Damian than in Bruce.
>>
>>81992881
Damian is cooler,
>>
Can i ask. Besides Kamala Khan is there any minority or lady hero anyone actually likes thats been created in the last ten years?

I'm only asking cos whenever theres a new character its always pandering to some demographic and shit because of that. But whenever someone makes a race swap its typically hated because 'why not just make a new original character'.

So really i'm just wondering if making a new original character thats a chick or a minority is something thats worked in recent memory.
>>
>>81993507
And again I mean original. not color swap like power girl or miles morales. Like a wholly original idea.
though i guess power girl is only like the original in name.
>>
>>81993507
I thinks Maps from Gotham Academy at least, although she is not very well known.
>>
>>81992881

Just my thoughts but Damian Wayne is DC Wolverine- a Ninja Fighter Damian steal the spotlight. Batman is not so cool.
When I saw that panel w/Damian, I knew it had to make it to this section of the site. That is one hardcore kid. Batman: Streets of Gotham #11

How many super heroes do you know who would dip their fingers in their own shoulder wound to gather enough of their own blood to paint a domino mask on their faces? Because I only know one: Damian Wayne. —
>>
File: tumblr_ljxn0fXHHc1qgsmk4.jpg (128 KB, 449x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljxn0fXHHc1qgsmk4.jpg
128 KB, 449x700
he brat has his bad moments, but Damian’s blood mask is a high point on my !!ROBIN YOU BADASS!! list.

And dude, just imagine a Kill Bill movie Damian style. unf.
>>
It sucks the Batfamily will never go back to the way it used to be Pre-Flashpoint
>Bruce as the Batman if the world running Inc. and doing League stuff
>Tim as Bruce's right hand man
>Dick and Damian as Gotham's Dynamic Duo
>Jason attempting to redeem himself as Wingman
>Barbara as Oracle
>Steph as Batgirl
>Cass leading the Outsiders
>Kate exploring the magical side if the DCU

The only good thing that happened to the family after New 52 was Grayson
>>
>>81994005
this.
>>
>>81991400
>>Always get overshadowed by Dick
>>Opposite of Dick in every way, like
>>Everyone hates him (character wise and reader wise)
>>Not a chick magnet (even Tim can get more girls than him, hell, even Damian already attracted chick more than Jason)
>>Bruce likes him the least
>>Stuck with the worst writer (Fuck lodbell)
>>Have been dead, and everyone prefer if he just die permanently
>>Another Robin also died but that robin got better treatment than him
>>Always get rekt by Damian
>>Most cast he's been with mostly was just used Dick's friends
Actually you can argue he's the most well known Robin in popular culture at the moment or at least tied with Dick, and in comics he has enough fans to keep an ongoing written by Scott 'they'l never fire me' Lobdell a viable property for DC, as B list characters go he's actually doing pretty well.
>>
>>81982891
i actually really like her
>>
>>81995009
Go away Snyder
>>
At least her 26 issue origin story gave us best Azrael back
>>
>>81991400
Pretty sure at least that's not true

And is he really not a chick magnet? I thought he was a feminist icon or something?
>>
>>81995556
>I thought he was a feminist icon or something?
I always assumed it's more he's the handsome bad boy they want to help change via their love, and in comics he's had,
>Talia
>Barbara
>Supergirl
>Kori
>Roy
>Artemis (coming soon)
not bad really
>>
>>81995556
>feminist icon
What?

>And is he really not a chick magnet?
Yes, can you even named 3 girls he have been in relationship? There's only one, and even that only short of time.
>>
>>81995684
There you go >>81995679 5 people that have chased his dick at some point, and I vaguely remember he was fucking a flight attendant when I still read Outlaws.
>>
>>81995753
>>81995679
>Talia
Only because bruce

>Barbara
>Supergirl
Just because they interact with him a few times, doesn't mean they're in deep relationship

>Kori
>Roy
Friend

>Artemis (coming soon)
Probably not.
>>
>>81991400
If that was true, Jason would have been a resident in blackgate the moment he started killing people.
>>81994939
>Actually you can argue he's the most well known Robin in popular culture at the moment or at least tied with Dick, and in comics he has enough fans to keep an ongoing written by Scott 'they'l never fire me' Lobdell a viable property for DC, as B list characters go he's actually doing pretty well.
Yeah, I honestly don't think his fans have anything to worry about.
>>
>>81995679
Plus Rose Wilson and the Isabel chick from the first arc of RHATO.
>>
I just can't wait for a new writer in a few years that just writes her off dead like orca in the 90s. Just have batman find her in a alley somewhere and never mention her again. Snyder is a huge faggot to think his diversity quota team of shit characters can replace the legacy characters
>>
My favourite part of these Harper threads is that we always end up talking about the Robins anyway, because there is nothing to talk about Harper or even Duke
>>
>Batman and Robin Eternal
>Harper is the main character
>she's terrible in it
>only "okay" part was Tim and Jason's interactions
>only good part was Middy
What was the point of that book again? Wasn't it supposed to be a Robin celebration event or something?
>>
>>81982891
I do.

I'm pretty sure I'm not in that demographic. I don't like Robins in general (Damian has been a great change of pace, love 'im), I find Batgirl (Barbara) to basically suck ass. So Harper is a nice sidekick that mixes Robin/Batgirl/Oracle/Harold.
>>
>>81996204
>Snyder is a huge faggot to think his diversity quota team of shit characters can replace the legacy characters
>diversity quota
she's a white female to replace a white female
>>
>>81995679
>Supergirl
Seriously, anon?
>>
>>81996296
Yep.
>book put out to celebrate 75 years of important legacy character
>get shafted into secondary character in order to focus on new or donutsteel
It should have focused solely on Dick Grayson robin adventures with Batman. It didn't need some fuckin conspiracy of week storyline either, fuck I'm so sick of every other faggot having a hidden agenda with these batman writers.
>>
>>81996382
If anything, it served as vehicle for mindraping whole planet into forgetting who Nightwing is.
Brother Eye when, Bruce?
>>
>>81996382
>It should have focused solely on Dick Grayson robin adventures with Batman
There's already batman '66.

BRE should have been about all four Robins and their times with batman.
>>
File: img_6966.png (2 MB, 1242x1878) Image search: [Google]
img_6966.png
2 MB, 1242x1878
>>81996371
For awhile DC seemed to be setting them up as a couple for whatever reason
>Jesus Christ, that fucking helmet
>>
>>81996466
Yeah, I know. First they met in that Batman/Superman annual with Mongul Jr. and BEWARE THE BAT CLAN! and later he guest starred in her book. Dunno, I didn't see romantic subtext. Then again, I'm blunt when it comes to those things.
>>
>>81996466
Not anymore, since it looks like they're basically rebooting Supergirl.
>>
File: tumblr_n26kcjxchT1rk1v98o1_500.png (266 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n26kcjxchT1rk1v98o1_500.png
266 KB, 500x320
>>81996551
Could have just been me reading to much into it, they seemed to flirt in that crossover and then for awhile they kept meeting up, the only reason I could think of DC bothering was if they planned for them to date.
>>81996605
yeah this was like the middle of last year, since then don't think they've met again.
>>
>>81990140
I think even killing them off is too good for them. Just have them disappear and maybe return some years later for the villain du jour to kill and make a name for themselves. Sort of like when Hush killed Harold.
>>
>>81982891
My wife's Daughter love her, I hate she isn't a marvel character
>>
>>81993507
Chat from Marvel Adventures was good. Hell, she was good enough most of us were okay with her being their Spider-Man's girlfriend.
>>
>>81996672
I think you're reading too much into it. But yeah, Angry Lad and Angry Lass seems obvious.
>>
She ain't too bad
She's basically rule63 Tim Drake

Computer smart kid who figures out where to find Batman, and tries to pep talk Bats into not giving into being an asshole.
>>
Also all they need is to fix the weird loop thing that's part of her mask and I'd like her outfit a lot.

Also how much rule34 we got of her yet?
>>
>>81997874
Yeah, but Tim was a fan od Bats and the Robins, every interaction Harper had wth them was her making a point of how much smarter she is than them
>>
>>81998045
She is perfect Robin, after all.
>>
>>81998045
Well she has shown herself to be a fan of Batman
But then again anyone who isn't a criminal in Gotham is a fan of Bats, so that is hardly a narrowing characteristic.

And she's never shown herself as egotistical. Over eager to get involved maybe but not egotistical.
You're thinking of Damian, who literally showed up almost killing Tim and saying "I am Robin by right fuck the rest of you" for then on out.
>>
File: harpertux_zps4fdtme9f.png (118 KB, 254x419) Image search: [Google]
harpertux_zps4fdtme9f.png
118 KB, 254x419
>>81998028
Not much I don't think Tumblr is that big on her, and seriously? I honestly hate her look its like she stepped out of a punk revival group from 2300.
I also don't get how no one is able to tell she's Bluebird when she's not in costume. You can make that point for most Superheroes, but look at her in that Tux.
>>
>>81998117
That whole issue was cringe-worthy.
>>
>>81990755
>hello everyone my taste is shit, just letting you know
>>
>>81998133
I enjoyed Jason and Tim's date night, but yeah the other stuff was terrible.
>>
>>81998117
Well she's not a well known person, both is day to day or in heroing.
So it's a case of nobody who she is.
I mean what you gonna do after she taser guns you and your crew down,
Use the prison computer to Google "blue hair mowhawk thing Gotham Teen girl"?
>>
>>81998188
Not guy you replying to,
But Damian has had at least 1-2 good ongoings in N52
Can books with Tim say the same?
>>
>>81998239
I meant more, sorry for mix-up, that whole scene with tuxedo Harper, Cassandra looking at dancers and "you know what they say? of course you do". Literally eyerolling ugh.
>>
>>81998294
>>81998239
>>81998117
I think we can blame that mostly on Batman & Robin Eternal being mostly crap.

Harper just needs like one decent ongoing,
Otherwise she'll eventually fall to obscurity and forgotten like Onyx.
So really if ya don't like Harper, all you have to do is sit and wait.

Orphan a shit
Have Cass be Blackbat or whatever she was in Batman Inc
>>
>>81998294
No worries, I got what you meant that whole scene was awful.
>>
>>81998402
>>
>>81998399
>I think we can blame that mostly on Batman & Robin Eternal being mostly crap.
Completely agree.
>Harper just needs like one decent ongoing,
Everyone need it, desu. No bad characters, only bad stories.
>Orphan a shit
Totally. And her Rebirthed costume? Gross.
>>
>>81998409
>>
>>81998402
>>81998409
I hate you.
I also love how in classy opera place nobody gives Harper bad looks.
>that hand holding
>>
>>81998264

Of course not, like Jason he's been stuck with Lobdell since the reboot but has the added helping of shit that is being stuck in Teen Titans. His solo stuff before Flashpoint was usually solid though
>>
What's the point of her character anyway?
>>
>>81998478
Scrappy underdog sidekick girl.
>>
>>81998478
Try and add more people to Batfamily so DC can only focus on Batbooks and retire all the other non-Bat characters.
>>
>>81983619
That's good, because it means you didn't get to the retarded and very insulting moment where Bruce says that Row is the role model of a perfect sidekick.
>>
>>81998522
Didn't work for Batwing, you have to have at east temped as Batgirl, before enough people care to give you a viable ongoing.
>>
>>81998441
It's Gotham
If you ain't a costumed Mob Boss, or a former Arkham resident, they prolly won't even give you a second glance.

I mean on the drive to the opera, these people drove past
1. A teen army of Joker cosplayers
2. A police shootout against a giant red clay monster shapeshifting as a 20ft monster version of Harvey Bullock
3. Some weird owl ninjas fighting a 10 year old in a Robin costume and his weird red furred bear manbat sidekick

Nobody gonna bluehair mowhawk lesbian a second glance.
>>
>>81996296
>Tim and Jason's interactions
It's the only good thing about BRE.

>too much Harper
>dick was just there to bitch again about whether he was a good partner to Batman or not
>also to move Harper and Cass from one place to another
>what was the point of mother again?
>didn't care about Cass introduction
>>
>>81993507
Damian wayne is half middle eastern/asian due to his Al Ghul roots and he's growing to be one of the more popular DC heroes.
>>
>>81998478
Same point Tim Drake had
For Batman not to become a brooding asshole.
>>
>>81998539
>Bruce says that Row is the role model of a perfect sidekick
Wait, what??
>>
>>81998594
Outside of comic fans, no one likes him much to be honest.

I still see a lot of people complain about him and Tim is surprisingly still well liked.

Dick too and Jason is almost the most popular Robin nowadays.
>>
I actually like all the current Batfamily
>>
>>81998112
When Damian was first introduced, sure, he constantly talked about how he was better than anyone, but he was constantly proved wrong both by losing fights and arguments.
Harper is constantly put in situationwhere HER way is the best way and she bosses around other characters with way more experience than her. I know it's the writers fault that Dick, Tim, Cass and everyone else is suddenly incompetent around Harper, but it doesn't make Harper anymore likable.
>>
Do both Azraels belong in the family?
Or something like the Outsiders?
>>
>>81998898
What comic did you read where Harper was leader or bossed people around?
>>
I like the idea of Harper, I love the idea of a "next generation" of Batman sidekicks but the problem is Didio or someone will kill them all off one by one in crossover events
>Dick Babs Jason
>Tim Steph Cass
>Harper Damian Maya the Robins
>>
>>81998726
Jason popular cause everyone liked Under the Red Hood
And idk maybe some people like the recent Red Hood comics?
Not saying most would, but I imagine someone was paying to read those.
>>
>>81999047
Who's Maya?
>>
>>81999047
>love the idea of a "next generation" of Batman sidekicks
Dicks only about 21, the rest are even younger, there's zero reason why you'd need a new generation of sidekicks, especially since comic readership isn't exactly growing, cannibalising other characters fanbase seems like a dumb idea.
>>
>>81999050
Under the Red hood, Arkham Knight and surprisingly BvS made him pretty popular.

Red Hood and the Outlaws is actually well liked and have a steady fanbase.
>>
>>81999221
>especially since comic readership isn't exactly growing, cannibalising other characters fanbase seems like a dumb idea
Seriously this.
>>
>>81999285
>Red Hood and the Outlaws is actually well liked
Liked so much everyone groaned when they saw Lobdell will continue writing.
>>
>>81999405
>Liked so much everyone groaned when they saw Lobdell will continue writing.
Jasonfag here, I can confirm this. Arkham Knight Genesis by Tomasi are miles better compared to lobdell
>>
>>81999285
Red Hood and Outlaws was pretty okay
But Red Hood and Arsenal is garbage in my opinion

So far the only good thing to come out of it was Jokers Daughter finally shown for being the shit she is, by Red Hood beating her in 2 seconds with simply one kick and shooting her
>>
>>81999464
Indeed it was. Deathstroke and AK had neat relationship.
There's hoping RH will help Deathstroke to save Rose.
>>
>>81998726
Jasonfags are cancer for the batfamily.
Robin: Son of Batman Sales better as Batgirl or Red Hood / Arsenal,Teen Titans,Suicide Squad.
He's got lots of fans.

http://batman-news.com/2015/11/13/monthly-comic-book-sales-report-october-2015/
>>
Red Hood and the Outlaws is garbage .
>>81999285
>>
>>81998726
>Outside of comic fans,
You are an idiot .
Damian Wayne got a lot of fans.
>>
>>81999405
Well, 20k people like it well enough.
>>
>>82000050
>>82000120
>>82000183
Oh, look who arrive to the party.

It's time to leave the thread.
>>
>>82000232
you are so are predo..
>>
>>82000232
Who gives a fuck about Jason?
the Joker :D
>>
>>82000281
>predo
What?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=predo
>>
>>81995009
explain your reasoning.
>>
>>82000333
the Jason fan is stalking in the blogs.
>>
>>81993507
Hummingbird/Araceli from Scarlet Spider-man and the short lived New Warriors run.
>>
>>82000185
Most of his stories are shit though.
>>
>>81989197
Julia is the only good character he introduced.
>>
>>82000050
Most importantly, perhaps, it doubled the comic's sales. ..
>>
>>82000519
It's subjective. Some people don't think so.
>>
File: urdrm.jpg (255 KB, 1596x520) Image search: [Google]
urdrm.jpg
255 KB, 1596x520
>>81982891
the comic shop edgy chicks w half their head shaved love Harper....in my opinion she needs to die, quickly and violently, by poison ivy

also
>to many chicks in the bat verse
also
>kill batwoman
>>
>>81999285
It has like three fans, who whine endlessly on forums when Jason isn't written as a Mary Sue
>>
>>81995679
he's gotten friendzoned by all of them, because they like dick better

hell, he even lied about sleeping with kori, because lol lobdell
>>
>>81995882
>>Talia
>Only because bruce
>>Barbara
>>Supergirl
>Just because they interact with him a few times, doesn't mean they're in deep relationship
>>Kori
>>Roy
>Friend
>>Artemis (coming soon)
>Probably not.

you just peeked into the mind of a jasonfag. what a terrible experience for you
>>
>>82000684
jason you cry baby..
>>
>>82004284
But I am jasonfag anon.

>>81991400
>>81995684
>>81995882
Was all me
>>
>>81982891
>Does anyone actually like Harper Row?
After B&R:E probably no one other than casuals that think she looks cool.

>When will she leave?
Give it three more continuity reboots.

> Who's keeping her around?
Snyder and Tynion because they hate the pre-established Batfamily.
>>
>>82004327
well, you're a level-headed jasonfag. not a jason self-insert, reddit and CBR are full of
>>
>>81982891
rule34 threesome with steph and cass when?
>>
>>81998478
To derail books.

>>81998570
>It's Gotham
It's not actually.
>>
>>82004445
Well the rest of DC Earth is pretty crazy too.

They're in the middle of two Universe killing God's fighting it out.
Before that Vandal Savage was taking over the planet by bringing down some meteor and boosting his power to god-hood.
Before that a giant Planet Mars clone was coming to crash into Earth and occupy its space.
Before that an army of anti-emotion monsters were trying to wipe out the planet and the only defenders were fear inducing !monsters with magic rings.
Before that the sun was eclipsed and the planet taken over by an evil justice League.
And prolly a bunch of other stuff before that, but that is enough.
>>
>>82000392
Theres no real reason for it, I just really enjoy her character. She's pretty unique compared to the rest of the batfamily, plus i enjoyed watching her pop up every now and then before Batman Eternal

i love her suit as well
>>
File: tumblr_nuxlgk3U8l1td5prro1_500.jpg (161 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuxlgk3U8l1td5prro1_500.jpg
161 KB, 500x670
>>81993507
I like Tara Tam, despite how Tumblr-y she is. I really like how chill she is about everything, and how she's not doing the whole 'super hero because i have powers' thing.

although i guess she doesnt really count as a hero
>>
>>81988629
>instead of having all his car mods done by an autistic guy he decided to give a job to, Batman should make Lucuis Fox devote company resources to it. It totally isnt embezzlement

Harold was great.
>>
File: mark-e1451413946212.png (519 KB, 596x453) Image search: [Google]
mark-e1451413946212.png
519 KB, 596x453
>>81993728
cass kinda does it too
>>
>>81988720
Hey, Steph fits in there as Tim's "Robin"the same way ahe always did as Spoiler.

She needs the one step removed from Batman himself though
>>
File: What the fuck batman.jpg (30 KB, 432x364) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck batman.jpg
30 KB, 432x364
>>81982891
Batman apparently does.
>>
>>82005891
Just imagine Harper's solo. Thread would reach bump limit in two hours.
>>
>>81998264
You give Lobdell control over Damians book and see how much you like him after.
>>
>>82005891
I've forgotten context of this.
Did he mean young Harper right after get parent was killed?
Or adult Harper after she became a vigilante and he had met her a few times?

And did he mean romantic partner
>>
>>82005954
>implying Lobdell won't write Super Sons
>>
>>81988720
If Jason started at Red Hood, fine.
Tim pre-flashpoint maybe but not N52 Tim, after flashpoint he has absolutely none of the points or growth that made him a good character.
Cass and Stephanie working together was good though
>>
>>82005954

Hate the writer not the character.
>>
>>82006040
He better not, I'm actually looking forward to see Jon be Connor with the father support he should have got.
>>
>>82006075
>People literally shitting on new Tim because the way he was written in.
No I feel anger over the character that was created, I'm not even the other anon that had an issue with Damian I just feel like Damian stayed basically the same while Tim got a complete and utter shit overhaul of his character with the most formative and best parts of his early career as Robin, Young Justice, being outright negated.
>>
>>82006003
not him but I like to think he meant it as "I would be able to sacrifice her in an instant over my sons." and not the shitty meaning "She's better then Dick Tim and Damian."
>>
>>82006156

Well new Tim is not Tim so it ok to hate the character.
>>
>>82006199
It's fucking frustrating though. Literally everyone who had a great past connected to YJ and TT got their Origin stories fucked over, and for what? For the writers to push a generic X-men type comic with Tim as an incompetent Professor X?
>>
>>81982891
I'd rather read about her brother making snacks for Midnighter.
>>
>>82006689
>"I'm just gonna take a quick bathroom break"
>"OH No! I locked myself out of the kitchen and now the pizza will burn!"
>"Midnighter is gonna kill me. Probably with the hard edge of burnt pizza crust!!"

>TO HE CONTINUED In Next Month's Issue
>NOT ENOUGH MARINARA SAUCE
>>
>>81988720

Damian made sense and was very important for MORRISON's run. That's where he should have stayed.
>>
>>82007530
Adding to my pull list.
>>
Off topic, but what did people think of Batgirl of Burnside?

I mostly only read it for the art style, it was the only comic I kept hearing about, and Livewire.
>>
>>82008037
For long time I thought /co/ loves Babsgirl. Tide probably turned with Dick issue.
>>
>>82008037
But the style was awful.
>>
>>82007530

I'd read it.

>>82008037

It was good, until the Dick issue. Then I lost all faith with it, and the way it treated Luke Fox.
>>
>>82006689
Cullens a QT so i'd probably read anything with him in it
>>
>>82008113
>/co/ liking something that tumblr likes
>>
>>82009091
Kamala?
>>
>>82009080
I want a mini where he hangs around the ridiculously attractive men of the Batfamily and tries to hide his boner for them, the final issue can just be him thanking Batman for choosing such a great harem, while Bruce looks awkward and uncomfortable.
>>
>>82009344
He'd probably waste a few hours with steph watching Dick work out
>>
>>82009483
>waste a few hours with steph watching Dick work out
Already done Midnighter
>He keeps breaking household appliances, and asking Tim to fix them, he also cranks up the heat and says he can't help it, "take of your shirt your too ho... Warm, I meant warm".
>>
File: 1444830754218.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1444830754218.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82009080

I still don't understand how of all B&RE his stuff was the most entertaining and instantly made the book semi-enjoyable.

>>82009483

Cullen and Steph drooling over Dick.. I want this.
>>
File: sad cassandra.jpg (35 KB, 277x466) Image search: [Google]
sad cassandra.jpg
35 KB, 277x466
I didn't think much of her till we we got a weekly series hyping the return of Cass only have her job and be useless to hype up Harper
>>
>>81996350
Who say "she" is a she?
>>
Seeing a recurring pattern of people that didn't really know her or have any opinion on her until BRE which just made them hate the character ITT.
>>
>>82009344
>>82009483
It just becomes a comic about Cullen being hired help, assisting Alfred taking care of the batboys at Wayne Manor and him unable to get a moments reprieve from Dick's clingyness, Tim's obliviousness to his crush and Jason's blatant teasing.
>>
>>82010078

well the book was called Batman AND ROBIN and they where hyping the return on Cass. So yeah I imagine a lot of folk where salty when it became the harper row show
>>
>>82010180
You left out Damian being a complete troll,
>asking Dick for special shirtless training
>purposefully splashing Tims crotch with water
>asking Jason what time he showers at, so he can purposefully send Cullen into the room,

Cullen knows what he's up to, but can't refuse Bruce Wayne's son without being fired.
>>
>>82010078
How would you feel about a comic making a character you actually wanted to hear about become second banana to a character you didn't ever care about.

How would you feel about a return of a character like Sodom Yat but Sodom was actually a side character to a story about fucking Mongul in a god damn comic that said Green Lantern Corps?
>>
>>82010490
>Damian coming out of the locker room
>"Get to work Row I expect my suit to be ready by tonights patrol"
>Cullen enters grumbling about work conditions and stops upon seeing Tim stripped down to his underwear wrapping his fists in bandages
>He backs up into Jason who just returned
>Jason immediately takes the situation in
>"Go get him Tiger"
>>
>>81999464
Arkham Knight Genesis is one of the few good Jason books ever written.
>>
>>82009091
But Tumblr doesn't like it either. Most Batgirl fans are fans of Gail Simone's Batgirl and Birds of Prey.
>>
>>82009937
Honestly, this is the only correct response to seeing Dick.
>>
>>82010508
>How would you feel about a return of a character like Sodom Yat but Sodom was actually a side character to a story about fucking Mongul in a god damn comic that said Green Lantern Corps?
Don't you dare give DC ideas!!!
>>
>>82011123
Written by fucking Lobdell even!.
>>
>>82011239
How dare you, sir
>>
File: That sudden realization.jpg (161 KB, 243x639) Image search: [Google]
That sudden realization.jpg
161 KB, 243x639
>>82009937
>>82011079
>>
>>82011239
I am confused about why he's only writing one book in the rebirth, either they're actually containing him to one book now, or there's a nasty surprise down the line somewhere.
>>
>>82011592
After the travesty that was Teen Titans he should have been contained to writing nu52 all star minis.
>>
Would they even dare replacing the entire Batfamily?
I mean we're talking about iconics, characters that will always sell to a degree. And then risk it with an entire new Batfamily that might not even sell?
>>
>>82012436
Please they would be written by the best selling author Snyder himself and contain such fan favourite characters as Duke and Harper.

(Honestly I have no idea. I secrectly blame the BR Eternal for the Rebirth double shipping. If nothing else, it proved that even crap sells when the frquency is shorter)
>>
>>82012436
They're around more than ever, Detective is now a bi-weekly Batfamily team book, their double shipping Nightwing every ex Robin has at least 1 book (Dick and Damian have 2). Harpers retired and will only ever appear in Detective until Tynion leaves, and Duke will never be popular enough to sustain a book.
Add the fact the Bat legacy characters are a sure sale to readers and their probably the safest characters in comics.
>>
>>82012541
Well who knows, maybe Snyder will one day just die in his sleep.

I have to ask is the name Snyder just a coincidence, or does being a hack run in the family?
>>
>>82012698
>Add the fact the Bat legacy characters are a sure sale to readers and their probably the safest characters in comics.
Well Steph and Cass might be a bit shacky, but I guess the fandom became the loudest once they've been gone when the Nu52 hit.
>>
>>82012746
Who could ever forget
>#WafflesForSteph
>>
>>82012798
Saddest day
#BrickToTheHeart
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.